Day 3 of the PlayStation 4 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta Open Beta is wrapping up, and Infinity Ward has shared on Reddit a recap of the day, including what they’re looking into after Day 3 and more.
The studio is continuing to look at the feedback from the fans on the spawn issues, working to fix a lot of the bugs including the Parties having to be disbanded, Cruise Missile issues, and has shared a look at what’s coming during Day 4 of the Modern Warfare Beta on PS4.
The studio also shared some first information on what to expect in Day 4 of the Beta, including the Realism mode and Gunfight.
FROM INFINITY WARD:
We’re on day three of the beta and today, we opened the beta up to everyone on PlayStation 4. It’s been an exciting day for all of us as we’ve watched you share clips of your gameplay, telling us what loadout you’ve been rockin’, and sharing your thoughts about what you’ve played so far and what you hope to see at launch. This community is incredible and we’re thankful that not only are you taking the time to play, but you’re also telling us what you think. We hear and see all of your comments, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on here or on Twitter. We can’t thank you all enough!
You all have shared some pretty amazing and insightful feedback so far. This definitely isn’t all of your feedback, but let’s take a look at some of the issues we’re looking into…
- Connecting to Online Services: Some players are unable to connect to online services. If you’re still having this issue, please feel free to PM me your PSNID so we can further investigate.
- Stuttering: On occasion, a player might experience a “pull” or stutter near doors. This is being looked into.
- Players unable to move in certain locations:We’ve seen a few cases where players are getting stuck in their position and are unable to move around the map. We’re currently investigating this.
- Weapon Attachments: In some cases, weapon attachments are not unlocking after reaching the required level. This is being investigated.
- Doors: We’ve read your comments about doors; how they open, how loud they can be, and how they interact with you if they’re already open. We’ll be monitoring how you interact with them throughout the weekend and during weekend two.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- Semtex Grenade: When stuck to a door, the Semtex grenade will not explode and the grenade icon will remain on screen. This will be fixed for weekend two of the Beta.
- Smoke effect on weapons: The smoke effect after firing a weapon is currently not displaying in-game. This will be fixed by launch.
- Players “stuck” on the map: On random places across a map, a player might get ‘stuck’ in their current position and is unable to move. We’re taking a look at these and should have some of these locations fixed for weekend two.
- Minimap: Today we turned on a version of the minimap that doesn’t display enemy fire. We’ve been reading through your comments not only about the map itself, but also the compass and other UI elements on screen. Reading your feedback has brought up some very insightful conversations here at the studio, so again, thank you. Tomorrow, we’ll be turning off outlines that exist on your teammates within the world. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this combination, so please keep your suggestions and feedback rolling in throughout the weekend.
UPCOMING DAY 4 CONTENT
Sunday, September 15th
- TDM: Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner
- DOM: Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner
- HQ: Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner
- HQ: 10v10 Grazna Raid
- DOM: 10v10 Grazna Raid
- Featured Playlist: Realism – Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner- TDM
- Featured Playlist: 2v2 Gunfight – King, Pine, Stack
- Minimap is now on (will not display enemy fire)
- Teammate outlines will be turned off
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
Modern Warfare 2 leaker claims five fan-favorite maps will return in CoD 2022
A fresh leak has hinted at five potential fan-favorite maps that players will be able to see in the rumored CoD 2022 Modern Warfare 2 title.
A CoD leaker has outed five fan-favorite maps that players can expect to see in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, the 2022 sequel to 2019’s reboot of the franchise.
Leaks and leakers are commonplace in 2021 with people able to get their hands on classified information a lot more easily than in years gone. This is why it’s no surprise to see a leak regarding Modern Warfare 2’s maps.
A leak suggests that Activision is set to carry on its trend from recent years by giving older maps a fresh coat of paint by remastering them for Modern Warfare 2.
The leak in question comes from Twitter user @RalphsValve, and they have listed several of the franchise’s most famous maps that will be returning.
- Read More: Will COD Points carry over to Vanguard?
In a Tweet, they have leaked the following maps for the alleged Modern Warfare 2 sequel:
Favela was a great tight-knit map that had players battling in enclosed areas and hopping through doors and windows. Terminal is regarded as an all-time CoD map great due to how balanced and interesting the map is – plus that sniping window.
Highrise led to tons of 360, no-scope montages and birthed several world-famous CoD clans and Shipment seems to be the new Nuketown as it’s in a lot of games now – even Vanguard.
Finally, Quarry perhaps hasn’t received as much attention or love, but made for some tricky games, especially Search & Destroy, as players battled with its verticality and the construction blocks.
Again, this is a leak, so this information may not turn out to be 100% true, especially at this early stage in the Call of Duty 2022 discussion.
For more rumors and discussion about 2022’s Modern Warfare 2, check out its supposed Warzone map featuring classic POIs.
Image Credit: Activision
Best CX-9 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 6
Here are the attachments and Perks you can run with the highly-anticipated CX-9 SMG in Warzone and Modern Warfare to make its best loadout.
The CX-9 SMG finally arrived last season and is still a great option in Season 6, so here is how to make the best Warzone CX-9 loadout to dominate your enemies.
The CX-9 was released alongside the Sykov Pistol in Season 4, and in Season 6, it’s still a very viable SMG that can shred at close range.
Here are the attachments and perks to run with this SMG to make the best Warzone CX-9 loadout.
Table of Contents
- Best Warzone CX-9 loadout
- Best Warzone CX-9 loadout attachments
- Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout
- Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout attachments
- Best perks to use with CX-9 class
- Most recent CX-9 buffs and nerfs
- How to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
- Best alternatives to the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
Best Warzone CX-9 loadout
Best Warzone CX-9 loadout attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FR
- Underbarrel: Merc Foregrip
- Ammunition: 50 Round Drums
The best Warzone CX-9 loadout is excellent in those close-quarters engagements, but due to the random nature of Warzone, we’ve built it to be a little bit more versatile.
The CX-38S barrel has two significant benefits. It’s already got a Monolithic Suppressor attached, which frees up a slot, and it improves almost every aspect of the weapon. You’ll see the CX-9 has a more effective range, recoil control, and your shots will be hidden from the minimap.
- Read more: Are there bots in Warzone?
Next, we’ve added the Tac Laser and CX-FR stock to the best Warzone CX-9 loadout. Your CX-9 will now be much quicker, allowing you to snap onto enemies even if they take you by surprise.
The Merc Foregrip is always a solid choice for Modern Warfare SMGs, as it improves both recoil control and hip-fire accuracy for the best Warzone CX-9 loadout. And finally, the 50 Round Drums will allow you to down and kill multiple enemies without reloading when using the best Warzone CX-9 loadout.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FA
- Ammunition: 30 Round Mags
- Perk: Sleight of Hand
This CX-9 is built almost purely for speed but with a larger magazine and longer barrel for taking out targets at medium range.
To start, we’ve opted for the CX-38S barrel, which improves almost every aspect of the CX-9. You’ll see a huge boost in damage range, bullet velocity, and even recoil control – while having your shots suppressed. The only downside is a slower ADS speed, which we’ll correct with the rest of the attachments.
Modern Warfare’s engagements usually take place in the confines of 6v6 maps, so you want a bit more speed with your weapon. To do this, we’ve opted for the Tac Laser and CX-FA stock. With these, your ADS speed, movement, and weapon stability will see a welcome improvement.
And finally, we’ve added the 30 Round Mags and Sleight of Hand Perk. The 30 Round Mag gives a solid boost to magazine size without slowing you down too much, and Sleight of Hand vastly increases your reload speed to keep you in the fight. If you want more bullets in your mag, you can always take the 50 Round Drums instead.
Best perks to use with CX-9 class
Best Warzone CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Overkill then Ghost
- Perk 3: Amped
E.O.D will help you survive a barrage of explosives, keeping you in the fight at all times. Overkill will allow you to take the CX-9 alongside a long-range weapon such as the Krig 6, and then you can take Ghost from your next loadout to hide from UAVs and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Read more: Best perks to use in Call of Duty: Warzone
Finally, the Amped Perk allows you to switch between weapons quickly, so you’re never caught defenseless.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Ghost
- Perk 3: Battle Hardened
Again, E.O.D is vital to ensuring you don’t get taken out by a well-placed Frag Grenade or Semtex.
- Read More: Best Swiss K31 loadout for CoD: Warzone
Then, the Ghost Perk will make sure you can always remain stealthy when an enemy pops a UAV.
Last but not least, Battle-Hardened significantly reduces the effect of Stuns and Flashbangs, so you’re never rendered defenseless by Tactical Grenades.
Most recent CX-9 buffs and nerfs
The best Warzone CX-9 loadout was on the receiving end of a bug and nerf in the August 5 update for the Call of Duty battle royale, which caught plenty of players by surprise, considering the weapon had only been in the game for a short time before Raven Software rolled out an update for it.
- Read More: Best Warzone guns weapon tier list
You can find all of the changes the August 5 update made to this SMG below:
- Increased mid damage range from 20 to 21
- Increased Headshot Multiplier from 1.4 to 1.45
How to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
The CX-9 is a Modern Warfare weapon, so you won’t be able to unlock or use it in Black Ops Cold War. Luckily, it has an easily unlock requirement: Get 2 Longshot Kills while using an SMG in 5 different matches.
Because this is Modern Warfare, you don’t need to finish the match either. You can get two longshot kills with an SMG, back out, and repeat until you’ve unlocked the weapon.
Best alternatives to the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
- Read More: Best Bullfrog loadout in CoD: Warzone
If you’re looking for more great weapons, then you can check out some of this season’s best Warzone loadouts below:
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
Warzone Pacific Caldera map introduces fascinating new use for Molotovs
Warzone Pacific's map Caldera is almost here. The latest promotional video may have even hinted at a new use for...
FIFA 22 Team of the Group Stage: Release date & predictions
Ultimate Team players will get their hands on the new Team of the Group Stage promo shortly. Here's the release...
When does Apex Legends Season 12 start? Update release time
Apex Legends Season 11 brought loads of new content, but of course players are looking to the future. Here's when...