Activision and Infinity Ward have officially released the first details for the Special Ops mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Special Ops mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the third mode in the game with co-op features and joins the Campaign and MP to be part of the overall game for the October 25 launch. Special Ops first debuted in Modern Warfare 2 back in 2009 and makes it return this year in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
A greater evil has taken over the Eastern Hemisphere, and it is up to the global alliance Armistice, a joint force of Allegiance and Coalition operators led by Kate Laswell (CIA) and Sergeant Kamarov (FSB), to stop and sever a global terror organization’s access to weapons, funds, intelligence, and hardware.
Special Ops mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is an extension of the game’s campaign mode. As noted when the game was originally announced, the narrative aspect of the campaign carries over across the game.
This mode is available on all platforms and is reimagined as “collection of expansive, interconnected Operations against a new and encroaching threat, players will assemble into strike-teams of four to execute multi-phased objectives, which together will advance the overarching story of Modern Warfare.”
In this mode, enemies will be reactive to the decisions of your squad, which means that the outcome of the battles can be different based on how your squad plays the mode.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will launch with four multi-stage Operations in the game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Activision says that more Operations will be released ‘throughout the post launch seasons.’
The game mode features both Operations and Missions. Operations are the larger, multi-stage feature for Special Ops in Modern Warfare and Missions are built within the Operations.
- Operations: As you infil into one of the many war-torn zones within Special Ops, you and your team have full latitude on how to accomplish your Operations. This Special Ops game mode is a 4 player matchmade activity centered around interconnected experiences that take the form of objectives, each culminating in the removal or destruction of a key logistical aspect of the Al-Qatala army.
- Missions: Complementing the multi-stage Operations, and also available across all platforms, are additional Missions, which can be played solo or with up to four players. Whereas Operations give you the widest breadth of strategic and tactical choice, Missions are a more curated experience where your proficiency with specific weapons, killstreaks, and other tools will be tested. These Missions are extremely replayable, and you’re able to achieve a 1, 2, or 3-star ranking based on your performance. Naturally, there will be an “Infinity Ward time” that you can attempt to beat!
The company also confirmed that ‘all post launch Operations‘ for Special Ops will be ‘coming to all platforms‘ at the same time.
Operations in Special Ops in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will have your stats, including Operators, Loadouts, and Progress will carry over from the MP mode. You can pick which Operator and Loadout to use in this and build out your strategy with your squad. Special Ops mode will support up to 4 players.
The overall Special Ops experience with the new Operations is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare at launch on October 25.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
This new update includes some bug fixes for issues that popped up with The Haunting Event, alongside updates playlists in Warzone.
- Disabling the pumpkin heads due to a bug
- Disabling the helicopter in the night version of Verdansk
- NEW: BR Solo Survivor
- Juggourdnaut Royale
- Plunder Candy Collector
The Haunting Event ends Tuesday, November 3.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Haunting Event Live: Patch Notes
The Haunting of Verdansk is here. Drop in for Halloween themed events and gear in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC from October 20 through November 3.
The new in-game Halloween event for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone has arrived. A new game settings update went live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC activating the new event.
For Week 1 of The Haunting, there’s new Nighttime BR map, new playlists in Warzone & MP, and new store bundles based on SAW and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Warzone – New Playlists:
- Nighttime BR: Verdansk going dark (available in select Warzone modes, like Trios)
- Zombie Royale: Operators can fight against and alongside powerful zombified creatures as part of Zombie Royale, a limited-time mode where death is far from permanent. Instead of being sent to the Gulag, dead Operators will come back to life as a zombie. Although zombies cannot use weapons, they have supernatural abilities: increased speed, improved jumps, deadlier melee attacks, and thermal vision.
In addition to the new playlists in Warzone, there’s also the new Trick or Treat scavenger hunt available. Find the specially marked Supply Boxes around the map, in 16 locations, for a trick or treat. Collect all 16 rewards to unlock a bonus blueprint.
Multiplayer – New Playlists:
- Onslaughter – Squads must wrest control of a Juggernaut suit that spawns somewhere on the map and advance forward into a specific goal area. Be prepared for plenty of Minigun fire and consider powerful Killstreaks to take down an opposing Juggernaut, as well as the mad scramble whenever the suit is available for the taking. Also, the Juggernaut in this mode – and in all other modes during The Haunting of Verdansk – will come with a pumpkin head, which is surprisingly sturdy and durable despite it being a hollowed-out squash.
- Halloween Moshpit
- SAW Bundle: Be ready to don the garb of Billy the Puppet in the SAW bundle and take an enemy operator’s choice to live or die in his own hands. Along with the “Billy” skin for Morte, the SAW Bundle features The Phlebotomozier Lethal Equipment piece, a special throwing knife will drill into your enemies upon impact. And oh yes, there will be blood… if it lands on target. Rather end your enemy’s game with blood-red tracer fire? Two SAW-themed blueprint weapons – one Assault Rifle and one Shotgun – are included in this bundle, as well as a Cargo Truck skin, tricycle Charm, and four other pieces of personalization content.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre bundle: Features the iconic crazed killer Leatherface. The legacy of this cannibalistic maniac, whose mad and macabre reign of terror in 1974 was unlike anything ever seen before, is set to live on through the “Leatherface” skin for Velikan, as well as the “Family Heirloom” LMG blueprint, complete with a unique Stock attachment that allows an operator to wield the weapon like a chainsaw. As players are re-introduced to the malice of Leatherface, a clue as to what happened to the notorious murderer may even appear to those with a keen eye. This bundle also includes the “Anybody Home?” melee blueprint that turns this Secondary into a one-handed hammer (with a bone-breaker on one side, and a meat tenderizer on the other side, commonly used in your local slaughterhouse), which some hitchhikers claim is “the better way” of slaughtering cattle, as well as an SMG blueprint weapon, a vehicle horn, and five additional Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed items.
Jump into The Haunting, live now through November 3 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone.
Get a Texas Chainsaw Massacre Emblem & Calling Card in Warzone
Legendary and Activision has teamed up to give players a bonus Emblem and Calling Card for Call of Duty.
As part of the Haunting of Verdansk event, a site has gone up allowing players to watch a few videos and scene to get an Emblem and Calling Card in Warzone.
- Visit the new website called http://texaschainsaw.com
- Follow the site to watch the selection of clips (caution: audio warning)
- Enter your email when prompted
- Code sent to your email within two weeks
The legal language on the website says that users must be 17+ and have a valid Activision ID account. The promotion is live until November 1, 2020.
Once you enter your email address, the site says that codes and a poster will be emailed within a two week window.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Launch Trailer
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War deploys on November 13. Activision, Treyarch, and Raven Software have released the new...
Black Ops Cold War Achievements & Trophies leaked
The achievements for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has leaked. CODTracker has found a list of all the...
Modern Warfare & Warzone Oct 23 Update: Playlists & Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward has released a new playlist update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone. This...