Ahead of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare launch, PlayStation Store has put up the trophies for the game.
Here’s a look at each of the trophies. Please note — there are spoilers here, so read at your own discretion.
- Tier 1 (Platinum) Unlock all Trophies
- Press [BOOM] to Defuse (Bronze) Blow up 3 tripwires with explosives.
- Ashes to Ashes (Silver) Burn 4 enemies with a single molotov.
- Hang Time (Bronze) Kill 3 Enemies while you are on a ladder.
- Long Way Down (Silver) Crash a helicopter by shooting the pilot.
- Wild Fire (Gold) Take down a flying Helicopter with a molotov.
- Good Effect on Target (Silver) Kill an enemy with a direct hit from a smoke grenade.
- Out of the Fire (Gold) Complete every single player mission on Veteran or Realism difficulty.
- Tea Time (Silver) Complete the single player Campaign on any difficulty.
- Nothing but Net (Bronze) Neutralize the ‘Fog of War’ machine gun with a frag grenade.
- Trigger Discipline (Gold) Do not injure any civilians in ‘Piccadilly’.
- Play Dead (Silver) Kill all the enemies in the ‘Embedded’ field of dead bodies.
- Companion Block (Silver) Only use one cinder block and bring it to the end of ‘Embedded’.
- Wall Hax (Bronze) Save Alpha 3-2 from being downed.
- Golden Path (Gold) Complete ‘Clean House’ without being hit using one bullet per threat.
- Circus Tour (Bronze) Kill at least one enemy while inside The Reading Place, Aural Chic and both Subway undergrounds.
- Love from Above (Silver) Destroy 4 trucks with 4 drone strikes before they reach the end of their path in ‘The Embassy’.
- Pit Stop (Silver) Stop three APCs with Hadir’s sniper rifle.
- Driver’s Ed (Silver) Shoot the driver of the suicide truck.
- Two Birds (Silver) Kill both soldiers with one shot in ‘Hometown’.
- Tunnel Rat (Silver) Complete ‘The Wolf’s Den’ tunnels using only the 1911.
- Dodged a Bullet (Silver)Never get hit by the sniper while escaping captivity.
- Got Something on Your Face (Silver) Spit on Barkov.
- Hot Swap (Silver) Get at least one kill with eight different weapons when completing ‘Old Comrades’.
- Lights Out (Bronze) Shut off the power to 4 buildings in ‘Going Dark’.
- We Own the Night (Gold) Kill all enemies at the Church, Clocktower, and Pool without anyone calling for backup.
- Warheads on Foreheads (Silver) Reach Barkov’s lab entrance using only drone strikes.
- Liberation (Bronze) Complete all Special Operations missions.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available October 25 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
New Modern Warfare MP maps returning soon
Killhouse added to Modern Warfare, as two more maps to come soon.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two new maps have been temporarily removed but will return soon, and Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
These two maps will be returning to Modern Warfare MP “soon” Infinity Ward says in a new tweet. The maps needed more “love” before they could become available to play.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
New Warzone leak reveals possible Sykov pistol release date
A Warzone date miner has revealed a potential release date for the upcoming dual wield, fully automatic Sykov pistol.
A new leak has revealed a possible release date for Modern Warfare and Warzone’s highly anticipated and feared full-auto Sykov pistol, also known as the Makarov.
Players have been waiting to get their hands on new Modern Warfare weapons that are expected to arrive in Warzone soon. After players could find the unreleased Sykov pistol in Plunder, many are looking forward to using it in their loadout.
Warzone data miner TailsDoll553 has revealed potential release dates for several upcoming Warzone and Cold War bundles. The standout piece of information is the release date for the Sparks Operator Bundle, which contains a new Operator and a Blueprint for unreleased full-auto Sykov pistol.
According to TailsDoll553, Warzone’s new pistol is set to release on April 15. They noted that “these could be subjected to change at any time, but these are the most likely dates for the bundles.”
Many players expect this new pistol to become the close-range meta when it arrives. The akimbo Diamattis from Black Ops Cold War dominated all point-blank fights for their high fire rate and insane damage output, but the Sykov is set to be even more powerful.
Through the Gunsmith system, it can be customized to be wielded akimbo and made fully automatic with an 80 round mag. This is sure to melt enemies up close and because it’s a secondary, you can run it along with the Ghost perk.
As for the other weapons set to be arriving, the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG, as well as the Soap Operator Bundle, TailsDoll553 said they couldn’t find any dates for their release as the date doesn’t appear to be in Warzone’s files yet.
As this is a leak, there’s no guarantee that the Sykov will release on April 15. However, by following our guide, you can try it out early in Modern Warfare’s Survival mode.
Image Credit: Activision / COD Tracker
Apex Legends Pariah abilities & release date leaks
Apex Legends have been speculating about the upcoming character Pariah for a while, and some new leaks have revealed the...
Battlefield 6: Release date, leaks, rumors & battle royale
Battlefield 6 is set to release in 2021, and here's everything we know about the FPS title including setting, launch...
How to change your username in Call of Duty: Warzone & Cold War
Ever wanted to change your Activision ID? Here's how to change your username for free in Call of Duty: Black...