Infinity Ward has put a Reddit post up detailing the fixes and updates they’ve made to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare following the feedback from the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta in September.
The post describes an overview of bug fixes, feedback points, and more made to the overall MP experience with the feedback and data from the MP Beta.
Here’s the details on what’s updated and being worked on from Infinity Ward:
You’ll be able to earn and unlock exclusive gear and XP for both Multiplayer and Special Ops when you play through the Campaign as well, so don’t skip out! Plus, on Friday night, be sure to grab some of your friends for Ground War!
Now, since Beta, we’ve made a TON of fixes to the game. Below are patch notes for fixes we’ve been working on with the help of your feedback:
- Spawning in Core Multiplayer:
- Fixed edge case scenarios with spawning on enemies
- Adjusted spawn logic to improve spawn quality. We’ve also added more spawns to increase your options. We will continue to improve this map by map post-launch
- Ground War:
- Added more fallback spawns to FOBs if the flag has too many enemies
- Improved safety checking for spawning on Squadmates (is still dangerous, but the UI will notify you of this!)
- Added spawning on Squadmates while in vehicles
- Neutral tanks and helicopters now show up in the Spawn Selection screen
- Helicopters now have flares to help manage incoming missiles
- If all flags are captured by one team, you’ll go into Defcon to win so protect those flags!
- Fix for an exploit that was allowing players (and therefore teammates) to spawn under the map
- Brightened characters in dark areas across many maps
- Low Health Visuals:
- Now brightens up in the middle of the screen instead of darkening
- Weapon Balance:
- In general, weapons received a lot of love since the Beta. Most notably shotguns and pistols.
- Enemy claymores now have larger, visible lasers
- Reviving a teammate near a friendly claymore could cause the claymore to explode, resulting in a suicide
- Now on by default across core multiplayer and Ground War. Enemy firing does not show up on the mini-map unless a team UAV is active
- Map zoom is pulled out a bit to help with player awareness
- VTOL Jet adjusted to not target players though rooftops
- Fix for the Juggernaut Suit not spawning out of a crate. Another fix was deployed to prevent the mask from staying on the player after you have died as the Juggernaut and respawned
- After using the Cruise Missile, player character models were sometimes stuck in a lean after using the streak
- Screen tearing on character and weapon models on Xbox
- Impact damage of lethals/tacticals and the ammo box were causing instant kills
- Adjustments to the descriptions in Gunsmith
- Fix for a bug where the wrong input would be shown for players in a party
- Fix for a bug where a door could open in the opposite direction of the player’s movement
- Footsteps – Footstep tuning of volume fall off distance, mixing volume and occlusion settings
- Placing Deployable Cover on stairs could prevent teammates from being able to mantle or crouch under, blocking paths**.**
- Various audio tuning and fixes for executions and weapons
- Players were able to spam the crouch button while moving creating a ‘snaking’ effect.
- Crouch and prone transition animations have been smoothed out for high FPS
- ADS Sensitivity options can now be saved when using KBM
- Double-tapping the sticks now always triggers the Tactical Sprint when using a gamepad on PC
- Fixed blurriness in various situations
- Ping widget is now showing the correct latency value
- Added depth of field option in the Graphics options
- Added HDR support
- Added NVIDIA Highlight support in MP
- Global performance improvements and stability fixes
- ADS transition animations have been smoothed out for high FPS
- Adjusted stand-to-prone timing for KBM versus gamepads
- Player no longer loses sprint functionality by holding down sprint keybind and the move keybind while respawning
- FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map.
Modern Warfare players disappointed with Soap Operator after long wait
The new Soap Operator is officially out for Modern Warfare and Warzone, but some players aren’t satisfied with the way he looks.
Modern Warfare and Warzone players have finally been gifted the long-awaited Soap Operator, but some believe it doesn’t quite look right.
For those who like the cosmetics, you may have been waiting for the new Modern Warfare Soap operator to drop. However, players don’t seem to be satisfied with it.
Ultimately many think that the new Modern Warfare Soap operator looks nothing like the original Soap from the original Modern Warfare series and wished he had a more similar look from the past.
The developers have either reworked the character and decided to change his appearance, or they have genuinely tried to recreate the classic Modern Warfare character and it just has not sit well with a large portion of the Call of Duty community.
When compared to the original Soap, they do genuinely look nothing alike, and you can see why people are jokingly calling this new Soap operator “shampoo/detergent.”
Players in the comments carried on the joke as well, with some saying: “That ain’t soap that’s deodorant.” Some were genuinely confused, asking: “That’s actually supposed to be soap?…”
Ultimately we think players are just dissatisfied with the detail in the character model, as the original Modern Warfare Soap has way more detail and depth, with a scar on his eye and a more recognizable face.
It’s a shame players aren’t happy with the new Modern Warfare Soap model. Hopefully, the developers can do something about it and give players more of a reason to buy the new operator.
For more on Modern Warfare and Warzone, stay tuned on Charlie INTEL and check out how you can unlock the new CX-9 SMG and how players are calling for the White Phosphorus killstreak to be removed or buffed.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software
Best CX-9 loadout for Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 4
Here are the best attachments and Perks you can run with the highly-anticipated CX-9 SMG in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
The long-awaited CX-9 SMG has finally arrived in both Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 4, so here are the best loadouts and Perks to use with it in each game.
The CX-9 was leaked alongside the Sykov Pistol, with players being able to unlock the weapons in both private matches and even Warzone. Devs teased the CX-9’s arrival in both the Payload gameplay trailer and Season 4 Reloaded patch notes, and now it’s arrived.
Players feared the CX-9 would be the next overpowered weapon, but devs have brought it in line with the Season 4 meta. It’s still extremely powerful in both Warzone and Modern Warfare multiplayer and is well-worth unlocking.
Here are the best attachments and perks to run with the CX-9 SMG in both Warzone and Modern Warfare multiplayer.
Best Warzone CX-9 loadout
Best Warzone CX-9 attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FR
- Underbarrel: Merc Foregrip
- Ammunition: 50 Round Drums
The CX-9 SMG is great in those close-quarters engagements, but due to the random nature of Warzone, we’ve built it to be a little bit more versatile.
To start, the CX-38S barrel has two major benefits. It’s already got a Monolithic Suppressor attached, which frees up a slot, and it improves almost every aspect of the weapon. You’ll see the CX-9 has a more effective range, recoil control, and your shots will be hidden from the minimap.
Next, we’ve added the Tac Laser and CX-FR stock. Your CX-9 will now be much quicker, allowing you to snap onto enemies even if they take you by surprise.
The Merc Foregrip is always a solid choice for Modern Warfare SMGs, as it improves both recoil control and hip-fire accuracy. And finally, the 50 Round Drums will allow you to down and kill multiple enemies without having to reload.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 loadout
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 attachments
- Barrel: CX-38S
- Laser: Tac Laser
- Stock: CX-FA
- Ammunition: 30 Round Mags
- Perk: Sleight of Hand
This CX-9 is built almost purely for speed, but with a larger magazine and longer barrel for taking out targets at medium range.
To start, we’ve opted for the CX-38S barrel which improves almost every aspect of the CX-9. You’ll see a huge boost in damage range, bullet velocity, and even recoil control – while having your shots suppressed. The only downside is a slower ADS speed, which we’ll correct with the rest of the attachments.
Modern Warfare’s engagements usually take place in the confines of 6v6 maps, so you want a bit more speed with your weapon. To do this, we’ve opted for the Tac Laser and CX-FA stock. With these, your ADS speed, movement, and weapon stability will see a welcome improvement.
And finally, we’ve added the 30 Round Mags and Sleight of Hand Perk. The 30 Round Mag gives a solid boost to magazine size without slowing you down too much, and Sleight of Hand vastly increases your reload speed to keep you in the fight. If you want more bullets in your mag, you can always take the 50 Round Drums instead.
Best perks to run with the CX-9
Best Warzone CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Overkill then Ghost
- Perk 3: Amped
E.O.D will help you survive a barrage of explosives, keeping you in the fight at all times. Overkill will allow you to take the CX-9 alongside a long-range weapon such as the Krig 6, and then you can take Ghost from your next loadout to hide from UAVs and Heartbeat Sensors.
Finally, the Amped Perk allows you to quickly switch between weapons so you’re never caught defenseless.
Best Modern Warfare CX-9 Perks
- Perk 1: E.O.D
- Perk 2: Ghost
- Perk 3: Battle Hardened
Again, E.O.D is vital to ensuring you don’t get taken out by a well-placed Frag Grenade or Semtex. Then, the Ghost Perk will make sure you can always remain stealthy when an enemy pops a UAV.
Last but not least, Battle Hardened significantly reduces the effect of Stuns and Flashbangs, so you’re never rendered defenseless by Tactical Grenades.
How to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
The CX-9 is a Modern Warfare weapon, so you won’t be able to unlock or use it in Black Ops Cold War. Luckily, it has an easy unlock requirement: Get 2 Longshot Kills while using an SMG in 5 different matches.
Because this is Modern Warfare, you don’t need to finish the match either. You can just get two longshot kills with an SMG, back out, and repeat until you’ve unlocked the weapon.
Best alternatives to the CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software
How to unlock CX-9 in Warzone & Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare players can now unlock the CX-9 SMG to dominate all of their enemies, and here is how you can do it.
After a long time of waiting, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone players can now officially unlock the CX-9 SMG to add a new weapon to their loadouts, so here is how to unlock the CX-9 in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
The CX-9 SMG has been a major topic of discussion in the Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare communities, as the weapon has been leaked, teased, and available for a brief time in the Call of Duty battle royale before being removed without any official word.
However, August 3, 2021, saw this highly-anticipated SMG finally be added to the games officially along with the Soap Operator.
With this in mind, here is how you can unlock the CX-9 in Warzone and Modern Warfare.
How to unlock CX-9 in Warzone and Modern Warfare
Players will find that they have two different options to acquire the CX-9 in both Call of Duty games.
Your first option is to complete an in-game challenge that will grant you access to this powerful SMG once you have completed it. You can find the challenge for this SMG below:
- Modern Warfare Multiplayer/ Warzone: Get 2 Longshot KIlls while using an SMG in 5 different matches.
However, if you would like to get your hands on this SMG faster without completing the challenge above, there is another way to acquire this weapon.
How to get Serac CX-9 blueprint
Players can unlock the CX-9 instantly by purchasing the Soap Operator bundle in the store for either game, which will grant you access to the Serac blueprint for this SMG.
This Serac blueprint had been previously found in the files for both games, so its debut has been long-awaited by the Call of Duty community.
The Soap Operator Bundle that contains the Serac blueprint will cost you a total of 2,400 COD Points.
Image Credits: Activision / Raven Software / Infinity Ward
How to unlock Tec-9 in Warzone & Cold War Season 5
Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War are getting a new Tec-9 SMG in Season 5 and here...
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 adds new Flamethrower scorestreak
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 will add a brand new Flamethrower scorestreak to multiplayer that World at War fans...
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 Zombies content: New Perk, Field Upgrade, Grapple Gun, Tank & more
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 is right around the corner, and with the latest news from Call of Duty,...