The Call of Duty: Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha will be available for PlayStation players to experience this weekend, and new information regarding the Alpha’s weapons, equipment, perks, and streaks has been revealed to the community.
The official reveal for Call of Duty: Vanguard opened up the flood gates to information regarding the game being revealed, including the engine it will be running on, a new Warzone map and anti-cheat, Campaign details, Zombies, and more.
While the gameplay premiere for the World War II game showed off an intense Campaign mission to the community, players will be able to experience their first taste of the game’s Multiplayer during the Call of Duty: Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha on PlayStation between August 27 and August 29.
Looking to give players a heads up on what they can expect to see in the Call of Duty: Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha, developers Sledgehammer Games provided details on the weapons, equipment, perks, and streaks that will be available for PlayStation players to do battle with on August 26, 2021.
Call of Duty: Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha
Sledgehammer Games did not provide details on what exact weapons will be available for players to use in the Alpha but explained how they would operate.
Weapons will be persistent through matches in the Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha, with ten upgrades for each weapon. Each of these weapon upgrades adds one attachment.
There will be two weapon sets that both include ARs, LMGs, Shotguns, and Pistols. Both weapon sets will rotate between matches.
Players will find that there will be six pieces of equipment available for them to use to dominate their enemies during the Call of Duty: Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha.
These pieces of equipment ranging from grenades to mines and can be found below with their official descriptions:
- MK2 Frag Grenade: Cookable Fragmentation Grenade.
- No. 69 Stun Grenade: Slows victim’s movement and aiming.
- Throwing Knife: Retrievable knife that is lethal when thrown at the body or head.
- Gammon Bomb: Impact Grenade.
- MK V Gas Grenade: Explodes on impact with the ground, releasing a lingering cloud of gear gas that causes slowed movement, blurred vision, and coughing.
- S-Mine 44: Proximity-triggered explosive.
There is no denying that perks are a cornerstone of the Call of Duty franchise, so players will be happy to see the ones in the Call of Duty: Vanguard Alpha and the advantages they provide below:
- Ghost: Undetectable while moving by Spy Planes, enemy intel, and Field Mics.
- Survival Training: Maximized resistance to stun effects. Immune to gas.
- High Alert: Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- Tracker: Enemies leave behind a footprint trail. See markers at enemy death locations and hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
- Demolition: Extra lethal on spawn. Thrown lethals display an indicator showing the path of the lethal.
- Double Time: Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
According to Sledgehammer Games, perks will be persistent through matches, with players able to purchase up to six perks.
The Call of Duty franchise has an extensive history of powerful streaks that can help turn the tide of a battle, and the Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha will be no different.
According to Sledgehammer Games, a total of seven different streaks will be available for players to purchase, and they will activate automatically in the next match after they are purchased.
You can find all of the streaks that will be in the Call of Duty: Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha below:
- Spy Plane: Calls in a spy plane which reveals all enemy positions on the minimap to allies. Can’t be shot down. (This automatically activates in the next match.)
- Flamenaut: Receive a flamethrower with unlimited fuel and a protective suit. Both lost on death. (This automatically activates in the next match.)
- Deathmachine: Equips a machine gun with explosive rounds and a fixed number of bullets. Persists through death until ammo is depleted. (This automatically activates in the next match.)
- V2 Rocket: Activates instantly, and drops a V2 Rocket, killing all players and ending the match.
- Extra Life: Gain 1 additional life for your team.
- Armor Plate: A single piece of Armor.
- Full Armor: Full set of armor plates.
There is no doubt that there will be plenty of excited PlayStation players throughout the course of the Call of Duty: Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha, as they use all of the weapons, equipment, perks, and streaks to achieve victory over their enemies.
For more Call of Duty: Vanguard, check out which Modern Warfare feature may be appearing in the World War II game, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
SOURCE: Sledgehammer Games
Image Credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games
Vanguard August 11 update patch notes: Dev Error & attachment exploit fixes
Vanguard’s August 11 update patch notes delivered bug fixes for an attachment exploit and a Dev Error issue in Season 4 Reloaded.
Sledgehammer Games have provided a Vanguard update on August 11 that patched a weapon attachment exploit and fixed a Dev Error bug in Season 4 Reloaded.
Vanguard devs Sledgehammer Games continue to update the game and provide players with fresh content. In addition to a playlist update arriving on August 11, players were also treated to a new update that provided a fix to several of the game’s latest bugs.
The update covers both multiplayer and zombies game modes as certain bugs were hampering the fun. A particularly annoying Dev Error should no longer plague players following the August 11 Vanguard update.
Vanguard Dev Error & attachment exploit fixes
Vanguard Season 5 is fast approaching, but before we get a brand-new season of content with new weapons, maps, and Operators, Sledgehammer are dedicated to fixing current issues.
It seems an unintended exploit was allowing players to combine attachments from other weapons to achieve combinations that should not be possible. This would result in overpowered weapons running amok and the devs were quick to nerf the issue.
In addition, players will no longer have to deal with DEV ERROR 10308 that occurred on the USS Texas map.
Vanguard August 11 update patch notes
- USS Texas 1945
- Addressed an issue that caused DEV ERROR 10308 to occur.
- Seasonal Challenges will no longer be marked as complete if the requirements are unmet.
- Addressed an exploit that allowed players to achieve unintended Attachment combinations.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Survivalist camouflage challenge from tracking when using specific magazine attachments.
- Push Dagger
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Plague Diamond and Dark Aether camouflage and challenge requirements from being visible in the loadout menu.
- Addressed a rare issue where players could become stuck in spectator mode when joining a match in progress as the joined player leaves.
Source: Sledgehammer Games
Image Credit: Activision
Activision apologize for using artist’s design in now canceled Vanguard & Warzone skin
Activision have scrapped an unreleased Warzone and Vanguard skin after using an artist’s work without permission.
Activision admitted to the major misstep of using an artist’s work without permission. The original art was to feature in an upcoming Vanguard and Warzone skin that has since been axed.
Major content drops like new seasons or midseason updates deliver weapons, maps, and changes to Call of Duty games, but they also tend to bring brand-new skins to enjoy. Vanguard and Warzone have seen some noteworthy skins that certainly got players talking.
After all, who could forget the Armored Titan, or Godzilla and King Kong skins? At the start of Season 4 Reloaded, players also received a new Terminator crossover. However, teasers for Season 4 Reloaded also hinted at a mysterious wolf-like skin.
After the wolf skin was teased in an official Call of Duty blog post, it was later inexplicably removed and replaced from the very same post. It turns out, Activision used content that did not belong to them in order to create the aforementioned skin.
When the wolf skin was first teased, it certainly generated a ton of buzz, or rather raised a ton of eyebrows. The anthropomorphic Operator definitely sticks out in a WWII-era Call of Duty game. Nonetheless, fans were excited at the prospect of running around as a wolf in Warzone.
Unfortunately, that idea won’t come to fruition as Activision have confirmed that they completely removed the skin from their planned content drop for Season 4 Reloaded.
It seems Activision overstepping bounds is the reason behind the skin’s cancelation.
An artist claimed that the wolf skin, also known as Samoyed skin, was stolen without their permission. In a strange turn of events, Activision has issued an apology, seemingly confirming the artist’s claims.
In a statement, Activision admitted that they “regrettably erred in our process and have removed this imagery from the game,” apologizing for the misstep.
While fans may be disappointed to lose their chance at slaying in a furry wolf skin, most would agree that if the artist’s claims are legitimate, the greater injustice was corrected as nobody should have their work stolen without credit.
For more, check out how CoD players are thrilled with the rumored change to Modern Warfare 2’s movement.
Image Credit: Activision
When is the next Vanguard & Warzone Pacific Double XP event?
We have the dates and times for the next CoD: Vanguard and Warzone Pacific Double XP event to help you rank up weapons and the Battle Pass.
We’re past the Season 4 halfway point of Call of Duty action, and there’s still plenty of time to level up, prestige, and unlock weapons before Modern Warfare 2. Here are the full dates for the next Warzone and Vanguard Double XP weekends.
XP has been a vital component of Call of Duty’s multiplayer for many years. It’s the quintessential upgrade mechanic that allows you to increase your in-game level and provide you access to better gear and attachments.
Vanguard & Warzone Double XP dates
Call of Duty players can get Double XP by taking advantage of the Double XP promotional events that Activision put on.
Thanks to the Raven Software Trello board, we know when the next Warzone & Vanguard Double XP events are:
- Double XP event – All platforms: Thursday, August 4 – Thursday, August 11
- Double Weapon XP and Double Battle Pass XP
These special Double XP events are coming as part of Vanguard & Warzone’s Season 4 Reloaded. With major weapon buffs and nerfs, changes to the Fortune’s Keep map, and the new Vargo-S AR there is plenty of new content for players to sink their teeth into.
What time does CoD: Vanguard & Warzone Pacific Double XP start?
Here’s a full list of the usual Double XP event’s start time & dates in some of the key timezones:
- PT – 10:00 AM
- CT – 12:00 PM
- ET – 1:00 PM
- BST – 6:00 PM
These special Double XP events usually occur during a weekend, as it naturally gives players the most time as it’s away from school hours and generally when people are off work.
For more Call of Duty, find out everything you need to know about the next release in the legendary franchise, Modern Warfare 2.
Image Credit: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
How to complete Warzone Titanium Trials Endurance event challenges: All Terminator-themed rewards
Warzone Titanium Trials Endurance gives players plenty of Terminator-themed rewards to unlock, here's how to earn them in Season 4...
JGOD believes there’s no reason to use KBM instead of controller in Warzone
Warzone YouTuber JGOD has explained why there's no reason to use mouse and keyboard instead of a controller.
Warzone players slam “awful” Terminator camo challenges
Warzone Pacific players are extremely frustrated with the challenges to unlock Terminator camos in Season 4 Reloaded.