Discover everything about Call of Duty: Vanguard’s Zombies including story and character details, and tons of info on its gameplay elements: Artifacts, Altar of Covenants upgrades, an overhauled Perk system, custom Loadouts, and different matches every time.
Many Call of Duty fans have wondered if Vanguard was going to have Zombies, and it was confirmed on October 14 through its reveal trailer: showing off story and characters, its dark tone, and the legendary Shi No Numa map.
As we know from the reveal, Call of Duty: Vanguard will have a Campaign mode, which follows various characters across the global WWII fronts. It had the usual jam-packed multiplayer offering and Zombies looks set to be the craziest offering the franchise has ever produced.
- Vanguard Zombies story and characters
- Vanguard Zombies Dark Aether entities & Artifacts
- Vanguard Zombies Altar of Covenants upgrades
- Vanguard Zombies Perk Fountains
- Vanguard Zombies build and loadouts
- Vanguard Zombies wall buys, weapons & Pack-A-Punch
- Vanguard Zombies reveal trailer
- Vanguard Zombies maps
- Who is developing Vanguard Zombies?
- Will Vanguard Zombies have Outbreak?
Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies: Story & characters
It seems like the antagonist consumed by the forces of evil is Oberfuhrer Wolfram Von List, and he’s been given an “army of the dead.”
The Zombies reveal trailer didn’t give too much else away other than the Operators we’ve already seen thus far will be appearing and joining in the attempts to thwart Von list.
However, we’ve also seen a sneak peek at the force effectively controlling Von List – Kortifex the Deathless.
In Call of Duty’s blog post announcing Vanguard, they gave fans a short description of what they can expect from the game.
It says that not only is a Campaign and Multiplayer mode confirmed for the game, but a “universe-expanding Zombies crossover” is also mentioned. The blog also confirmed that the mode will intertwine with Black Ops Cold War’s Zombies, which is excellent for those who have enjoyed the Dark Aether story.
This makes a lot of sense, considering players have been finding hints and intel in Black Ops Cold War Zombies that reference the WWII time frame and a demonologist known as Krafft.
Vanguard’s Zombies will act as a precursor to Black Ops Cold War Zombies, with the content being available for the mode as soon as the game is launched on November 5.
Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies Dark Aether entities & Artifacts
Vanguard’s new take on Zombies looks to be doubling down on the mystical and supernatural element more than ever. Magical swords, rifts, ominous totems, and your own powers to conjure all look to be a part of Vanguard’s Zombies gameplay.
The power of Dark Aether magic is growing stronger, and Vanguard embraces this with the introduction of new Dark Aether entities and Artifacts.
You can summon these four entities to make use of their powers to help in the fight against Von List and Kortifex the Deathless.
The four entities are called Saraxis the Shadow, Bellekar the Warlock, Inviktor the Destroyer, and Norticus the Conqueror.
Here are their Abilities you will be able to use:
- Dragon of Saraxis: Spawns an Aethereal explosive, dealing massive damage to enemies who set it off
- Mask of Bellekar: Cloaks you in Dark Aether, masking your presence from enemies for 5 seconds
- Sword of Inviktor: Sparks a ring of Aethereal flame to boost damage for anyone within its radius for 15 seconds
- Horn of Norticus: Summons a frigid vortex, damaging enemies with the initial blast and slowing those that enter
Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies Altar of Covenants upgrades
A huge new feature welcomed by Treyarch in Vanguard Zombies is the new ‘Altar of Covenants’ system and its collection of 32 upgrades.
This intricate new gameplay mechanic allows players to incorporate additional abilities and buffs into their gameplay to take down enemies far easier. Players can equip three at any one time and different levels of rarity add depth and dilemmas as you agonize over which ones to use.
Treyarch has announced that there will be 11 Covenants at launch, insinuating that more will be due down the line.
Here are the initial Covenants and upgrades:
- Bloodlust: Melee attacks do more damage and heal you
- Resurrectionist: Revive allies faster
- Brain Rot: Chance to turn enemies to your side
- Cryofreeze: Chance to slow enemies
- Death Blow: Critical kills return bullets to the clip
- Ammo Gremlin: Stowed weapons refill ammo from stock automatically
- Dead Accurate: Consecutive hits on the same enemy do more damage
- Splatterfest: Enemies killed by explosions may explode
- Unholy Ground: Deal more damage while stationary
- Cull the Weak: Deal more damage to slowed or stunned enemies
- Mother Lode: Chance to keep Equipment after using it
Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies Perk Fountains
The names and nostalgia of CoD Zombies Perks have been given a facelift with the new, revamped Perk system – Perk Fountains.
Say goodbye to Juggernog and other recognizable Perk names as they have been replaced with a new system that better suits the darker, mystical world of Vanguard’s Zombies.
Five different Perk Fountains will be available from the beginning, and here they are:
- Fiendish Fortitude – Increases health
- Diabolical Damage – Increases critical damage
- Venomous Vigor – Boosts health regeneration speed
- Demonic Frenzy – Boosts reload speed
- Aethereal Haste – Boosts movement speed
One of the biggest departures from the tried and tested Perk system is the fact that players will now be able to get the first level of Perks for free.
A new, more elaborate upgrade system is now in place, and Zombies fans will now have to upgrade each Perk as they go.
As well as this, getting downed will lose a player a Tier from each Perk, so it becomes a tough decision to decide how far to upgrade a Perk to not lose as much if downed. This will all add to the strategy and thinking as a player battles through Der Anfang and other Zombies content.
Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies build & loadouts
The addition of Covenant abilities only increases the possibilities when it comes to the ideal Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies build.
Players will now have to consider Covenants, Artifacts, Perks, and weapons to ensure they’re maximizing their killing potential in Vanguard.
Not only that, but to make things a bit easier for players starting out, Treyarch has included some preset loadouts to get the ball rolling. Once players start to unlock more items and attachments, they can begin to create their own custom loadouts – a returning feature from Black Ops Cold War.
Call of Duty: Vanguard wall buys, weapons & Pack-A-Punch
The way in which players acquire weapons for Zombies is also another fresh change for Vanguard as wall buys are now a thing of the past.
To acquire new weapons in-game, players will need to loot chests, try their luck at the ol’ Mystery Box, or kill enemies in the hope they will drop weapons.
One minor change to Pack-A-Punch weapons has been included which now defines the rarity of an upgrade using a new color system.
Here is the new system and the meaning of each color:
- White: Unpacked
- Blue: Pack-a-Punch Level 1
- Purple: Pack-a-Punch Level 2
- Orange: Pack-a-Punch Level 3
Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies reveal trailer
The official reveal trailer for Vanguard Zombies is now live, and the 2:03 video has shown off a variety of story and gameplay elements that players can look forward to experiencing.
Here’s the trailer in its entirety.
CoD: Vanguard Zombies maps: Shi No Numa
The first information we have regarding Vanguard’s Zombies locations is rather interesting. Firstly, the big takeaway is that one of the most popular Zombies maps ever is returning – Shi No Numa.
- Read More: Best BAR loadout for CoD: Vanguard
It’s clearly shown in the trailer, and Treyarch has even confirmed that the map will be making its first appearance since Black Ops III.
It also says that players can take to Stalingrad to fight the undead, but it’s unclear whether or not this is one of the game’s main multiplayer maps being used for Zombies or a whole new area in itself.
As well as Stalingrad and Shi No Numa, Merville and Paris have also been outed as locations that players will fight across in Der Anfang.
We will continue to update this hub with all of the latest information on the maps in Call of Duty: Vanguard Zombies.
Who will be developing Vanguard Zombies?
Sledgehammer Games have officially stated that Vanguard Zombies will indeed be developed by Treyarch, the developers who initially brought the mode to the Call of Duty experience.
“We’re excited to announce a franchise-first crossover as Call of Duty: Vanguard features an all-new Zombies game mode with development led by Treyarch Studios.”
Many will love this, as although Sledgehammer Games provided a great experience in their take on Zombies back in Call of Duty: WWII, there’s no doubt that Treyarch has created the most memorable experiences for Zombies.
Will CoD: Vanguard feature Outbreak?
It’s unclear whether Vanguard will have Outbreak Zombies, but evidence from the trailer suggests so.
Hotel Royal can be seen in the reveal trailer, and this could be following the same format as Black Ops Cold War by using maps for Outbreak content.
It might not be a full-on Outbreak game mode, though, as TheMW2Ghost has claimed that the mode will be as if “Outbreak, Onslaught, and Roundbased had a baby.”
For more Call of Duty: Vanguard, check out the reason why hackers have already created cheats for the WWII first-person shooter, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Treyarch
Best H4 Blixen loadout for Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded
The H4 Blixen SMG arrived with Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded, so here are the attachments and Perks you need to build the best loadout.
Vanguard Season 3’s mid-season update is here, bringing the Sphere map and the brand-new H4 Blixen SMG. This new weapon is shaping up to be a powerful choice, so here are attachments and perks to create the best H4 Blixen loadout in Vanguard.
Although Vanguard players have been disappointed with the Season 3 Reloaded update’s lack of content compared to Warzone, it’s brought the new Sphere map, several quality of life changes, and the new H4 Blixen SMG.
This versatile SMG is powerful and accurate when fighting at close-medium range, so here’s how to create the best H4 Blixen loadout, including the attachments, Perks, and Equipment you need to maximize its potential.
- Best Vanguard H4 Blixen loadout attachments
- Best Vanguard H4 Blixen Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock H4 Blixen in Vanguard
- Best alternatives to H4 Blixen in Vanguard
Best Vanguard H4 Blixen loadout attachments
- Muzzle: Recoil Booster
- Barrel: Bergstrom 17″ F3
- Optic: Slate Reflector
- Stock: Karlsson Padded Coz
- Underbarrel: M1941 Hand Stop
- Magazine: 9mm 72 Round Mags
- Ammo Type: Lengthened
- Rear Grip: Fabric Grip
- Proficiency: Fleet
- Kit: Quick
We’re kicking off the best Vanguard H4 Blixen loadout with the Recoil Booster to increase the SMGs fire rate and the Bergstrom 17″ F3 barrel to increase its accuracy and keep it under control.
You can choose whatever optic you prefer, but the Slate Reflector is a solid choice for the H4 Blixen. Next, the Karlsson Padded Coz stock and m1941 Hand Stop will make the Blixen even more accurate, allowing it to be much more versatile.
Combining the 9mm 72 Round Mags and Lengthened ammo will give you enough bullets to take down several enemies, and Lengthened’s faster bullet velocity will lower its time to kill.
These attachments weigh down the H4 Blixen, so using the Fabric Grip, Fleet Proficiency, and Quick Kit will make you extremely mobile.
Best Vanguard H4 Blixen Perks & Equipment
- Perk 1: Fortified
- Perk 2: Forward Intel
- Perk 3: Lightweight
- Lethal Equipment: Mk2 Frag Grenade
- Tactical Equipment: No69 Stun Grenade
The H4 Blixen is a speedy SMG so you’ll need the best Perks and Equipment to complement it. The Fortified Perk will reduce explosive and fire damage, allowing you to charge at the enemies and tank grenades.
Forward Intel will tell you exactly where the enemies are spawning so you can easily control the map, and Lightweight will allow you to get around the map much faster.
A perfectly cooked Frag Grenade is a powerful tool, and the Stun Grenade will slow enemies down allowing you to easily get the kill.
How to unlock H4 Blixen in Vanguard
Vanguard’s new H4 Blixen SMG can be unlocked by getting 3 Slide Kills in a single match 15 times.
This shouldn’t be too difficult to unlock, just hop into a small map with a hip-fire build and you’ll get the slide kills in no time at all.
Best alternatives to H4 Blixen in Vanguard
Image Credit: Activision
Modern Warfare 2 leak reveals editions & early PlayStation beta
Vanguard in-game files from the Season 3 Reloaded update have leaked Modern Warfare 2 edition options and open beta info.
Data miners have discovered in-game files added to Vanguard with the Season 3 Reloaded update that provides information concerning Modern Warfare 2 editions and the open beta.
It turns out data miners have leaked in-game Vanguard files that provide information concerning Modern Warfare 2 editions. These files have shed light on what each edition could bring to the table, as well as which platform will get early access to the MW2 Open beta later this year.
While this information has not been confirmed by Activision, the following info concerning Modern Warfare 2 pre-order content was found in Vanguard’s in-game files:
Standard Edition content
- Modern Warfare 2
- Early access to open beta
- Other items to be announced
Cross-Gen Bundle content
- Cross-Gen version of Modern Warfare 2
- Early access to open beta – first on PS4 & PS5
- Other items to be announced
Vault Edition content
- Early access to open beta
- Battle Pass (1 Season) + 50 Tier Skips
- Red Team Operator Pack – Ghost, Soap, Price, Farah Operators
- FJX Cinder Weapon Vault
- 10 hours 2XP, + 10 hours 2WXP
- Ghost Legacy Pack – 12 Operator Skins & 10 Weapon Blueprints
It seems all three pre-order editions grant players early access to the open beta, and we’ll keep you posted once we know when pre-orders commence and when the beta will occur. The cross-gen bundle also confirms that MW2 will release on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.
Another key piece of information revealed by this leak is that PS4 and PS5 players will receive access to the open beta first. We already know that PlayStation exclusivity will not last forever, once the Microsoft deal to acquire Activision officially goes through, but at the moment it is good news for PlayStation players.
You’ll have to discern which edition is right for you, but there’s no denying that the Vault Edition comes with a ton of interesting Operator and weapon cosmetics. In addition, the 50 Battle Pass Tier Skips and double weapon XP will be valuable as you attempt to level up early on.
For more Modern Warfare 2 content, check out how CoD fans revealed weapons they want to see in Modern Warfare 2.
Image Credit: Activision
Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded patch notes: H4 Blixen SMG, Sphere map, bug fixes, more
The Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded update has arrived, so here’s everything you need to know including the new SMG, map, and release date.
Call of Duty: Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded brings a brand-new SMG to both multiplayer and Warzone, as well as the new Sphere map. Here’s everything we know about Vanguard’s mid-season update, including the full patch notes.
Vanguard Season 3 has arrived at its halfway point, with the majority of players having had time to unlock the new Nikita AVT Assault Rifle and M1916 Marksman Rifle, and earn a few of the new Ranked Play rewards.
Season 4 is next-up, but before that update, Season 3 Reloaded has brought some new content. This update brings a new SMG and a new multiplayer map, so here’s everything we know including the full patch notes.
- When is Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded?
- H4 Blixen SMG arrives in Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded
- Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded brings Sphere map
- New Vanguard Operator Kim Tae Young
- Full Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded patch notes
When is Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded?
Vanguard’s Season 3 Reloaded update arrived on May 24 with the new content appearing in-game on May 25 at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST.
The Warzone Season 3 Reloaded update will also be going live at the same time as the content in Vanguard.
H4 Blixen SMG arrives in Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded
The H4 Blixen SMG will be the final of four Warzone and Vanguard Season 3 weapons to arrive following the midseason update. If you’re interested in testing the weapon, check out our guide on how to unlock H4 Blixen SMG in Vanguard.
The devs revealed that the weapon is a slow-firing SMG that performs incredibly well at medium-range. While fast SMGs tend to be preferred in Vanguard, the H4 Blixen could turn out to be a top Warzone weapon.
Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded brings Sphere map
Vanguard’s Season 3 update brought the chaotic Mayhem map, styled after a Godzilla-themed movie set, and the Season 3 Reloaded update is set to bring the Sphere map.
Sphere will take the action to an underground weapons lab hidden beneath a coal mine. It seems players will have to juggle between two floors of the map. On the top floor, players can find the remnants of a coal-mining village. Meanwhile, the secrets of the weapons lab are hidden underground on the bottom floor.
New Vanguard Operator Kim Tae Young
The third and final member of Task Force Harpy will be coming to Vanguard alongside the midseason update.
The new H4 Blixen SMG is her preferred weapon, which means you’ll want to enter the battle as Kim Tae Young if you want level up the weapon as fast as possible.
Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded patch notes
- NEW with S3 Reloaded: Sphere
- Hidden below the surface of an inconspicuous mining facility is a weapons lab that offers intense, close-quarters engagements around every turn. Jump into the Sphere 24/7 Playlist at the start of Season Three Reloaded!
- Addressed an exploit that allowed players to reach unintended locations near the Office.
- Care Packages will no longer fall through the stairs near the Palace Outer Walls.
- Sub Pens
- Addressed exploits that allowed players to reach unintended locations near the Dry Docks and Loading Dock.
- Arms Race
- Riding a Motorcycle as it explodes will no longer cause the player’s view to rotate.
- NEW with S3 Reloaded: Kim Tae Young (Harpy)
- Trained by her mother as a fighter, Tae Young donned a mask to conceal her identity while helping families cross the North Korean border to safety. She soon earned a reputation amongst the Korean people as a local folk hero and keeper of justice. Even the briefest glimpse of her Dokkaebi mask instills hope in her people and fear in her enemies.
- Unlocked via Operator Bundle, available for purchase in Season Three Reloaded.
- NEW with S3 Reloaded: H4 Blixen (Submachine Gun)
- Favored by Special Operations Forces, this hard-hitting SMG offers mobility and accuracy in medium-range engagements.
- Unlock Challenge: Get 3 Slide Kills in a single match 15 times.
- STG44 (Assault Rifle)
- Challenges for the Deadeye Camo Category are now properly tracked.
- Nikita AVT (Assault Rifle)
- Zac MS Stock Attachment will no longer obstruct the view of certain Optics.
- Cooper Carbine (Assault Rifle)
- Addressed an issue that prevented the M1941 Hand Stop Underbarrel, 14” Gracey Rapid Barrel, and Recoil Booster Muzzle Attachments from unlocking at their designated Weapon Levels.
- M1 Garand (Marksman Rifle)
- Mindgames Camo Category now references the correct Magazine Attachment requirement.
- No 69 Stun Grenade (Tactical)
- Decreased Explosive Damage from 25 to 5.
- S-Mine 44 (Tactical)
- Decreased Explosive Damage in Hardcore game modes from 50 to 10.
- This change was made to prevent lethality toward uninjured players; Explosive Damage in Core game modes remains unchanged.
- Decreased Explosive Damage in Hardcore game modes from 50 to 10.
- Overkill (Tactics)
- Moved from Supply (Slot 3) to Tactics (Slot 1).
- Piercing Vision (Intel)
- Increased amount of suppression required to highlight targets.
- Decreased visibility of highlighted targets.
- Survival Training (Supply)
- Moved from Tactics (Slot 1) to Supply (Slot 3).
- Ninja (Supply)
- Moved from Tactics (Slot 1) to Supply (Slot 3).
- Trophy System
- Melee attacks will now properly deal damage to a Trophy System.
- Ammo Box Field Upgrade can now be destroyed by a Trophy System.
- Trophy Systems will no longer remain active when thrown out-of-bounds.
- Counter Spy Plane (4 Kills)
- Announcer will now play the correct voice line when an enemy Counter-Spy Plane is activated.
- Seasonal Challenges
- Progression toward the Season Two Mastery challenge is now properly tracked.
User Interface & Experience
- Players who have reached Prestige 5 or higher will now see the correct Prestige emblem displayed throughout the menus.
- Addressed an issue that forced the player back to the Multiplayer menu when using contextual (right-click) menus on PC.
Bundles & Cosmetics
- Addressed an issue that prevented AS-44 Mechanized Reactive Blueprint from changing colors when inspected.
- Zaballa the Deceiver
- Shortened Zaballa’s mask swap animation to reduce invulnerability time.
- Players can now deal some damage to Zaballa’s body but should continue to focus on masks.
- Zaballa’s electrical attacks are more lethal but should now spawn within line of sight to or in the proximity of Zaballa.
- Zaballa increases the number of electrical attacks by one for every destroyed mask.
- H4 Blixen (Submachine Gun)
- Description: Favored by Special Operations Forces, this hard-hitting SMG offers mobility and accuracy in medium-range engagements.
- The new H4 Blixen SMG weapon will be available via in-game challenge in Zombies or via a unique Blueprint version in the Store at the start of Season Three Reloaded.
- Zombies Unlock Challenge: In Zombies, use SMGs to Eliminate 50 Zaballas.
- Skal Crusher
- Resolved an issue that prevented picking up blueprint throwable weapons.
- Reticles earned in Zombies have been adjusted so that a central dot is always present to assist with aiming.
And that’s everything we know about Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded so far! Keep an eye out for the in-game content on May 25, you can also check out everything we know about Warzone’s Season 3 Reloaded update.
Image Credit: Activision
Warzone expert proves buffed AR to make a comeback in Season 3 Reloaded
After completely falling out of the meta, a buff from the Warzone Season 3 Reloaded update could result in the...
Can you play Apex Legends Mobile with a controller?
Apex Legends Mobile has arrived on Android and iOS. Here's everything you need to know about the game's controller support.
Dr Disrespect claims “marketing is saving Call of Duty” in response to MW2
During a recent stream, Dr Disrespect vented his feelings towards the marketing behind Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty...