It’s been one year since Call of Duty: Mobile officially released worldwide. The mobile title was one of Activision’s first massive pushes to bring Call of Duty to mobile in a way that was effective.
Now, one year later, the game is releasing its 11th Season to celebrate its one year. The new Season, Call of Duty: Mobile Anniversary, brings new content to both MP and Battle Royale, including new Battle Pass, Operators, map features, and more.
Season 11 Details:
Let’s get right to it.
Hit up The Club in the Anniversary Event
With the push of a button, Hidora Kai has unleashed a massive EMP attack, driving the Operators deep underground into hidden bunkers. When not out in the field, they make themselves at home in The Club, a new social and play space featuring mini-games, NPC missions, and more.
Welcome to The Club
Let’s get this party started. Choose from one of four custom made soundtracks as you explore the new area. Hit up the bar to watch some television while chugging down Juggernog, pick up mission tasks from NPC characters like Adler from the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and take a spin on the Anniversary Machine for the chance to earn special rewards.
There’s even more to uncover in the Club, too, though we’ll let the eagle eyed amongst you discover it for yourselves.
Earn More Rewards with Anniversary Machine
Earn Coins to spend on the Anniversary Machine simply by playing Multiplayer and Battle Royale and by completing tasks and mini games in the Club. Each spin awards Points, which at certain milestones will unlock new epic rewards like the Chicom – Starstruck weapon blueprint, the Merc 5 – Going Gold character skin, plus an epic weapon charm and calling card.
New Battle Royale Map
For all the Battle Royale fans out there, have we got a treat for you. For our Anniversary Season we’re adding a limited time second map with Alcatraz!
First seen in Blackout in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Alcatraz challenges players to fight for survival in and around the infamous San Francisco Bay prison.
Alcatraz is a smaller map than Isolated, our original BR map, placing a greater focus on close-quarters engagements. Keep your head on a swivel and take advantage of the map’s verticality to get up high and rain destruction on your enemies below. Gather your loot fast, watch those corners, and be the last squad standing.
Keep your wits about you to earn new rewards like rare weapon camos and an epic calling card.
Earn More Rewards in the Anniversary Battle Pass
Anniversary adds 50 new tiers of free and premium content, including new characters, weapon blueprints, weapon charms, a new scorestreak, new weapon, and more. Here are some of the highlights:
Battle Pass Free Tiers
Reach Tier 14 to unlock the free Advanced UAV scorestreak — earn enough score to call out this bad boy and you’ll see not just the location of enemy players but the direction they’re facing, too. Progress to Tier 21 to unlock the Fennec SMG, a new functional weapon that features a blazing fast fire rate.
Premium Pass Tiers
Purchase the Battle Pass for the chance to unlock all 50 tiers of content in the Anniversary Battle Pass. Build out your Operator roster with Spectre – Pixel Spy, Reaper – Premium, Zero – Nebula, and Scylla – Future Vice. Take on enemies in style with weapons from the Anime style Neon series, and get right to business with the new Fennec using the Fennec – Verdant weapon blueprint.
New Multiplayer Maps, Modes, and More
The Anniversary Season kicks off with a new Gunfight and 1v1 Duel map, King, along with the return of the fan-favorite Halloween Standoff. We’ve got new Multiplayer modes, too.
New Gunfight and 1v1 Duel Map: King
The iconic map that helped launch Gunfight in Modern Warfare is now live on mobile! Match up in 2v2 Gunfight for tactical teamwork or go head to head in 1v1 Duel.
Will you race straight up the center platform to the enemy spawn, or take the side tunnel for a quick flank? Or will you trade shots across the side lanes, hoping for an early round kill? Whatever your plan, keep your sights up and your senses sharp.
Check out our Mobile Map Snapshot: King article for an in-depth guide to the map. See the Related Articles section at the bottom of this page for more details.
New Multiplayer Map: Halloween Standoff
A fan favorite from last year’s Halloween event, we’re happy to announce the limited time return of Halloween Standoff. This spooky nighttime version finds Operators battling in the streets amongst a full moon, haunted jack-o-lanterns, and other unsettling Halloween frights. Get your wits about you and join in the fight.
New Multiplayer Modes: Cranked and 10v10 Kill Confirmed
Originally appearing in Call of Duty: Ghosts, Cranked is Team Deathmatch with an explosive twist. Any time you eliminate an enemy player, a 30 second timer begins. During this time, you’ll enjoy faster movement and weapon handling, and your kills are worth double points. Though if you fail to take out another enemy within that time frame — Boom! Goodbye, Operator.
10v10 Kill Confirmed combines two fan favorite modes into one. Launching later in the Season as part of the Pumpkin Confirmed playlist along with more Halloween festivities, 10v10 Kill Confirmed will use pumpkins instead of the traditional dog tags. Good thing you’ve got a backpack to carry them all along.
Unlock the Tactician Perk in a New Seasonal Challenge
Coming later in the Season is the new Tactician perk, unlockable through completion of the Heavy Duty Seasonal Challenge launching on October 14. This one’s for the demolition crew, as Tactician grants a second tactical grenade or throwable. Enemy on the point? You’ve got the power to flush them out.
Rank Series 7 from 10.2020 – 12.2020
New Ranked mode series rewards
- New Epic Blueprint: Kilo Bolt-Action – Dealer
- New Epic Soldier: T.E.D.D – Where To Sir?
- New Epic Frame: Steeled Frame
- New Epic Calling Card: High Roller
- New Epic Charm: Series 7
New Battle Pass available October 15th!
New Premium Battle Pass Rewards
- New Epic Soldiers
- New Epic Blueprints: QQ9 – Neon Grunge, KRM-262 – Point and Click, DL Q33 – Neon Burst, AK117 – Neon Lotus, Fennec – Verdant
- New Legendary Calling Card: Tac Insertion
- New CODM themed items
New Free Battle Pass Rewards
- New base SMG: Fennec. An aggressive and fully automatic submachine gun with buttery smooth recoil and a blazing fast rate of fire that is exceptional for strategic room clearing and holding down the front line.
- New Scorestreak: Advanced UAV. Reveals the real-time position and direction of enemies on a player’s mini map
New Events and Rewards
- Stay tuned for special Anniversary and Halloween events!
- New challenges and missions with new rewards
- New functional gun: NA-45. Hailing from Advanced Warfare, the NA-45 deals explosive damage on the second round when shot near the first.
- New Perk: Tactician. Spawn with an extra piece of tactical equipment.
- New Featured Game Mode – Cranked Mode
- Fight or die! Get kills or assists to delay the countdown to your own destruction. If your timer hits 0, the results will be explosive.
- Available on Crash, Standoff, Crossfire, Cage, Rust, Shipment
- Check back later for a Halloween themed fan favorite mode!
- King. The fan favorite Gunfight map comes to Call of Duty: Mobile! Fight to the death in this close quarters experience.
- Available for: Gunfight, Duel
- Standoff gets spooky! Coming soon.
- New gun perk for Fennec: Akimbo. Dual wield two weapons. High rate of fire with disabled ADS
- New attachment for AK 47: 5.45 Caliber Ammo. Greatly increase fire rate, good for close-range combat
- New attachment for HVK30: Large Caliber Ammo. Increase damage to head and upper chest shots, good for mid-range combat.
- 10v10 TDM, 10v10 DOM, Kill Confirmed and Capture the Flag will be available on more maps
- Attack of the Undead: Increased the main weapon damage and HP of survivors at 8th and 10th kill. Increases the HP and axe damage of undead after 2nd and 4th kill.
- New Marker Setting: Allow player to customize size and opacity of objective marker and item marker in “SETTINGS -> BASIC -> MP MODE”. Now you can identify enemies with clear vision.
BATTLE ROYALE UPDATES
- New Weapon: Purifier. A high-pressure flamethrower that causes burning damage over time to enemies in close range. Jump into water to stop the burning.
- New Mod: Sleuth. Damaging an enemy outlines their profile and reveals their location on the mini map for a short time.
- New Ammo: Ballistic Expert. New ammo for special weapons, including War Machine, Tempest, Annihilator, and Purifier
- Players can now equip Legendary and Epic Camos in “Loadout -> Battle Royale -> Weapon Camos”
- New automatic obstacle avoidance feature for wheeled land vehicles. Can be turned off in “SETTINGS -> BR SETTINGS -> VEHICLE”.
- Set default Armor Plate loot limit setting in “SETTINGS -> BR SETTINGS -> LOOT SETTING”.
- New setting to switch to main weapon automatically after throwing one lethal or tactical equipment. In “SETTINGS -> BASIC -> BR MODE”.
IMPROVEMENTS & OPTIMIZATIONS
- Increased damage of QQ9 while 10mm 30 round Reload Ammunition attachment equipped
- Slightly decreased AK47 recoil control and accuracy
- FHJ can now fire without locking on a target
- Decreased explosion damage radius of FHJ cartridge
- Slightly increased the explosion damage radius of SMRS cartridge
- Decreased movement speed and attack speed of Shadow Blade. Decreased the distance required to lock onto an enemy
- Slightly decreased fire rate, recharge speed, and duration of Annihilator
- Slightly increase fire rate, bullet velocity, and mobility of War Machine
- Increase magazine capacity of Death Machine
- Decreased fire rate of VTOL Scorestreak
- Decreased Scorestreak points earned from Shield Turret kills or destroying a Shield Turret
- Replaced Transform Shield flash with a built-in microwave field emitter that slows and damages enemies
- Increased the throwing speed of all lethal or tactical equipment
- Increased damage range and edge damage of Thermite
- Thermite can now stick to enemies and their deployed devices
- Decreased the defensive range of Trophy System
- Improve the effect range of Flashbang Grenade, Concussion Grenade, and EMP
- Decreased the perception distance of Alert perk
- Decrease the initial explosion range of Molotov Cocktail
- Optimized player animation from prone to sprint
- Added some dying poses.
- Optimize FOV switching animation when using ADS
- Optimized hip-firing animation
- Scopes block less screen area while hip firing
- Size of hip-fire reticle will change according to hip-fire accuracy stats
- Optimized user experience when observing a match
- Optimized mini map in Gun Fight, training ground, and Hardcore
- Fixed a visual issue caused when spamming crouch and prone too frequently
- Fixed an issue where breath shake was similar for all sniper rifles
- Fixed an issue where the laser did not point to the center of the screen when the OWC Laser – Tactical is equipped
- Fixed an issue where Equalizer kills are not counted as operator kills
- Fixed an issue where Molotov Cocktail kills would not count towards a nuke
- Fixed a perspective issue when using Shadow Blade
- Increased quantity and quality of MP Rank rewards
- When the rank level is reset, lower rank players lose fewer points
- New ranking data stat: MVP when defeated.
- More rank points awarded for a winning streak.
- Decreased the difficulty of ranking up in lower rank levels
- Optimized the time allowed to join in the ranked MP matches in progress to minimize the number of unequal matches
- Increased the penalty for ranked MP matches when quitting mid match
- The safe zone now shrinks quicker in the early game.
- Airborne Class: Decreased the concealment while calling in or using an airborne device or landing with wingsuit. Recharge will only start after the previous airborne device expires.
- Ninja Class: Significantly increased mobility
- Clown Class: Increased the speed of zombies and increased the range in which zombies can detect enemies
- Trickster Class: In combat, the holographic decoys released by the enemy and you/teammate are distinguished by red light effects on shoulders
- Decreased the recoil of all sniper rifles
- Slightly decreased AK47 recoil control and accuracy
- Improved hip-fire accuracy of all weapons. Now, SMGs have the best hip-fire accuracy
- War Machine: No longer slows enemies. The magazine capacity is adjusted to 80, and each shot consumes 10 Ballistic Expert ammo.
- Tempest: Significantly increased the charging speed and bullet velocity. Decreased the explosion range. The magazine capacity is adjusted to 80, and each shot consumes 10 Ballistic Expert ammo.
- Annihilator: The magazine capacity is adjusted to 60, and each shot consumes 10 Ballistic Expert ammo.
- Increased the chance of sights being found in Battle Royale.
- Light Trigger Mod and Common, Uncommon and Rare Long Shot Mod have been removed from Battle Royale
- Decrease damage suffered when a vehicle hits an obstacle
- Optimized driving experience land vehicles
- After an airdrop is opened by player for the first time, the green icon on the mini-map will not disappear but become a hollow icon. It will only disappear when all items are looted.
- A new exclusive color and marker for custom weapons from Arsenal.
- Optimized the attachment swap logic when picking up a weapon to replace the current weapon
- Optimized the recommended logic of armor plates. Recommends player to use armor plates when HP is high but armor durability is low
- Optimized the bullet trace path and the collision effects
- Increased the throwing speed of all lethal and tactical equipment
- Optimized animation when landing from higher points
- Optimized animation when climbing through bunker or window
- Optimized animation when using ADS
- Optimized the sound effect when getting hit
- Optimized the visual effect of the safe zone edge in the distant view
- Optimized feedback when hitting an enemy
- Optimized UI prompts when reloading
- Fixed an issue where UI is incorrect after customizing backpack in loadout
- Fixed an issue where there was no feedback on the reticle when headshot kills
Updated the available Blueprint Weapon list in Battle Royale:
- Common: ICR/HBRa3/GKS/QQ9/M4LMG/KRM262/Kilo-Bolt Action
- Uncommon: KN44/ASM10/AK117/HG40/RUS74U/Chopper/Echo/Arctic.50
- Rare: AK47/HBRa3/HG40/QQ9/Cordite/M4LMG/RPD/KRM262/Kilo-Bolt Action/Locus
- Epic KN44/ASM10/ICR/GKS/RUS74U/Chopper/Echo/Arctic.50
- Legendary: AK117/AK47/ICR/HG40/Cordite/RPD/Locus
- Increased quantity and quality of BR Rank rewards
- When the rank level is reset, lower rank players lose fewer points
- New ranking data stat: First Place Earned
- Optimized BR matching efficiency
- New weapon library system. Now players can check all advanced weapons
- Optimize the user experience of the gunsmith system
- Improved user experience of after match summary reports
- In PLAYER PROFILE, now you can check the number of MP&BR Legends in history
SOURCE: Call of Duty: Mobile
Is Black Ops 2 being remastered? Rumors & leaks
Fans have been wondering for sometime if CoD: Black Ops 2 is going to be remastered, and we’ll answer that today.
Several Call of Duty games have received the remaster treatment in recent years, and it’s left fans wondering if the mega-popular Black Ops 2 will get one. Here are all the latest rumors and leaks regarding a Black Ops 2 remaster.
The popularity of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 simply cannot be understated with the game being considered the greatest of all time by many. But fast-forward to 2021, and players want to know if this beloved entry in the CoD franchise will be remastered.
The premise of Call of Duty remasters was kickstarted by the 2016 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered title. Since then, we’ve also had the Modern Warfare 2 campaign be remastered, and there are rumors of Modern Warfare 3 being remastered, despite Activision saying it isn’t.
Is Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 being remastered?
From what we understand, no, not at this time. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that any form of Black Ops remaster is in the works.
Naturally, people would think that Treyarch’s Black Ops may receive the same love that the Modern Warfare franchise has gotten, but alas it doesn’t seem to be the case.
Why isn’t Black Ops 2 being remastered?
We believe there could be two strong reasons for Black Ops 2 not being remastered, one being that it would oversaturate the CoD market, and also that we’ve already seen a few of its maps recently.
One of the problems 2016’s Infinite Warfare suffered from is that it released with the full Call of Duty 4 remaster, and consequently, the player base was divided between the two games.
Furthermore, Black Ops Cold War featured no less than seven Black Ops 2 map remasters throughout its multiple seasons, and they feel too fresh in the memory to warrant a remaster of the multiplayer.
We could see a remaster of the Black Ops campaigns, following the successful rerelease of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign.
Activision may have some surprises and remasters up their sleeves, but for the time being, we can only speculate and ask you to keep checking in to see if anything becomes official.
Also, check out everything we know about Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Infinity Ward announces new Austin office as studio gears up for CoD 2022
The original Call of Duty developer, Infinity Ward, is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas for CoD 2022.
One of the three developers behind the Call of Duty franchise is getting a new office. Infinity Ward is expanding its operations via a new office in Austin, Texas, in preparation for CoD 2022.
Infinity Ward is the developer behind the original Call of Duty game. Activision founded Infinity Ward in 2002, with the first Call of Duty title being released in 2003. This birthed one of the most iconic video game franchises to date.
Infinity Ward would go on to develop Call of Duty 2 in 2005 before alternating developers. Now, Infinity Ward is known for developing the Modern Warfare titles, which are released roughly every three years.
With Infinity Ward releasing the last Modern Warfare title in 2019, the developer is gearing up for another release in 2022. We don’t know what CoD 2022 will be just yet, but we do know that Infinity Ward is expanding its operations with a new office.
Infinity Ward Austin Texas office
Today, Infinity Ward announced via Twitter that it would be opening a new office in Austin, Texas. This would be the fourth development hub for the company, with the other three being located in Los Angeles, Poland, and Mexico.
- Read More: Warzone Season 6 will be the end of Verdansk
This also means that Infinity Ward is hiring. According to Infinity Ward, the Austin office is currently hiring for all positions, and you can find all of the available jobs posted on the Infinity Ward website.
Call of Duty: Vanguard releases in less than a month. It’s taking players back to WWII, where Infinity Ward is expected to bring the franchise back to modern times, with CoD 2022 speculated to be a sequel to Modern Warfare 2019.
That being said, we have no official idea what to expect from Infinity Ward going into 2022, but with the significant success of Modern Warfare 2019, it will no doubt be a Call of Duty game plenty of players will love.
Regardless, Infinity Ward is planning something big, and the new office proves just that. So, if Vanguard isn’t your cup of tea, CoD 2022 is just a year away.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward / Activision
Biggest AAA video games coming in 2022: PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, Stadia & Steam
2022 could be a huge year for video games and here’s all the biggest titles coming to PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and more – with dates.
2022 is shaping up to be a massive year for video games. Between franchises such as God of War, Gran Turismo, Horizon, Pokemon, and Harry Potter, the PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, PC, and Stadia have some mammoth titles to host. Here’s an extensive look into the biggest games and potential release dates too.
The beginning of 2022 will signal over a year since the PS5, and Xbox Series X took video games to the ninth generation of consoles. Developers have had plenty of time to chew the fat and harness the power of the consoles to create immense AAA experiences.
There’s also plenty of mileage left for the Nintendo Switch, and of course, PC, Stadia, and Steam are always on the march.
PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC, Steam & Stadia video games in 2022
Some genuinely iconic franchises and household names are expected to launch video games in 2022, so here’s a look at the top AAA video games coming in 2022.
God of War: Ragnarok release date: 2022
Players got a juicy look at the next epic adventure in Santa Monica’s God of War franchise during the 2021 PlayStation Experience. Kratos and Atreus are set to battle with Freya, possibly Thor, and their own demons.
God of War Ragnarok looks like it’s expanded upon the reboot to incorporate more NPCs, more spectacular gameplay, and a gripping narrative that will test the bond between father and son.
Horizon Forbidden West release date: February 18, 2022
Aloy is one of the standout protagonists in gaming during modern times, and her post-apocalyptic adventures are set to continue in Horizon Forbidden West.
She seeks to uncover even more truth and learn about the state of the world she resides in, all the while battling even more dangerous robotic creatures and nature itself.
Elden Ring release date: January 21, 2022
One of the first games to arrive in 2022, Elden Ring is the next sinister and challenging game to come from the sadistic bunch at FromSoftware.
Their track record at producing brutal yet satisfying RPGs will be tested in the form of Elden Ring, their newest ‘Souls’ game. Unlike previous FromSoftware games, there seems to be a much deeper emphasis on the story with Game of Thrones creator George R. R. Martin on board to help with the narrative.
Pokemon Legends: Arceus release date: January 28, 2022
Unlike the typical dual-releases that Pokemon specializes in, Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a standalone game that continues the growth shown in recent, mainline Pokemon titles.
Embracing the open-world nature of 2020’s Pokemon Sword and Shield, Arceus is a brand new adventure that will involve all the familiar, beloved elements of Pokemon games: obtaining them, training them, leveling them, and catching them all!
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction release date: January 2022
Another spin-off, this time from the team at Ubisoft as they take a drastic turn away from the realism of simulated combat.
Instead, Rainbow Six Extraction delves into the world of the unknown, and non-human, as teams of three pull together to take down alien creatures called Archaeans. It will feature lots of the same gameplay mechanics and Operators from Siege, but with a darker, deadly twist.
Dying Light 2 release date: February 4, 2022
The long-awaited sequel to the hit 2015 survival-adventure game, Dying Light 2 promises to bring more parkour-zombie-survival action that made the first such a breakout success.
Offering more open-world exploration, the player must scavenge, forge friendships (and weapons), and deal with both friendly and hostile forces.
As with the first Dying Light, players need to make the most of the precious daylight before night strikes, as the undead gets a bit more fidgety and murderous.
Gran Turismo 7 release date: March 4, 2022
Polyphony Digital is infamous for taking their time between each Gran Turismo release to ensure every one is as polished as can be, and the PS5 looks set to make Gran Turismo 7 one of the best-looking games ever.
Like with God of War Ragnarok, the 2021 PlayStation Experience gave fans a glimpse into the high-speed action they can expect with Gran Turismo 7.
It’s learned from its predecessor’s mistakes and will launch with a complete career mode, and could be a bonafide system-seller for Sony and the PlayStation brand.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 could easily be one of the most anticipated games of all time.
Breath of the Wild took the world by storm in 2017 with its rich, expressive world that deviated from the conventions of traditional Zelda games. Many millions of copies sold later, and fans everywhere are desperate for the next chapter for Link in this gorgeous, sprawling version of Hyrule.
Call of Duty 2022 release date: 2022
It wouldn’t be a year of video games without a major Call of Duty release, and we expect 2022 to be no different.
Given that there’s already a buzz about Call of Duty 2023, we would say it’s safe to assume that another Call of Duty game will release in 2022.
With Vanguard being set in World War 2, rumors are rife that the 2022 Call of Duty will be a Modern Warfare sequel.
Gotham Knights release date: 2022
A Gotham City without the caped crusader is a strange thought, but that’s the threat that faces it as Bruce Wayne is dead.
In Batman’s place, his former proteges need to step up and protect Gotham, batting away any threats of crime perpetrated by some of its most evil supervillains. Featuring co-operative mode, players can take control of these plucky heroes and hopefully do Batman proud.
Hogwarts Legacy release date: 2022
There have been many Harry Potter movie tie-in games, but there still hasn’t been an authentic RPG experience that lets you become your own wizard – until now.
Hogwarts Legacy will let fans worldwide finally live out their dream of attending Hogwarts, and the game allows players to select their House, the classes they do, and customize their character, all the while fighting monsters and completing quests.
That completes our guide to the biggest and most anticipated video games that are due to arrive in 2022.
For all the latest news and guides on these games and more, stay with us at Charlie INTEL!
Image Credit: Avalanche Software, WB Games Montreal, Nintendo, Polyphony Digital, Techland, Game Freak, FromSoftware, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studios, Ubisoft
NICKMERCS explains what weapon will replace every other SMG in Warzone
There are plenty of powerful SMGs in Call of Duty: Warzone, but NICKMERCS believes that one specific SMG will replace...
Warzone October 21 playlist update officially delayed
The Call of Duty: Warzone playlist update for October 21 has been officially delayed following an announcement from Raven Software.
Best Milano 821 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 6
The Milano remains a great option in CoD: Warzone Season 6, so here are the attachments and Perks you should...