CoD: Mobile Season 3, titled Tokyo Escape, is right around the corner, and it will bring plenty of cool new content, including weapons, skins, operators, and events. Here are the patch notes for the latest update.
The developers of CoD: Mobile bring a plethora of new content to the game in each season to keep it fresh, including new maps, modes, characters, weapons, and more. Now, another major update for the battle royale is almost here.
Season 3 of CoD: Mobile is officially titled Tokyo Escape, and the developers have detailed what we can expect in terms of new content. There are brand-new weapon blueprints, skins, operators, and Battle Pass rewards.
When does CoD: Mobile Season 3 start?
As the name implies, Tokyo Escape will prominently feature a Japanese setting, which is new for the battle royale. The developers have revealed that CoD: Mobile Season 3 is set to go live at 5 pm PT on April 17, 2021.
- Read more: How to play 1v1 matches in CoD Mobile
The Battle Pass will bring new additions to the battle royale, as you’ll have the opportunity to try out new Multiplayer maps, game modes, and challenges while earning free rewards through ranking up in the game.
New Call of Duty maps: Oasis and Coastal
In a tweet on April 3, the devs released a teaser video for Season 3’s new map, Coastal, which is already part of the Chinese version. This map has a similar aesthetic to CSGO and is sure to be a fan-favorite for Search and Destroy.
Another map being added is Oasis which is from Modern Warfare, and is set in a “luxurious desert hotel.” This medium-sized area “challenges Operators to battle it out across the hotel courtyard, spa, and parking lot, using every opportunity to outflank and outsmart opponents.”
New multiplayer modes
Season 3 will add two new game modes to the battle royale. In Swords & Stones, “Operators deploy with melee weapons and grenades only.” You can increase your movement and attack speed by taking down foes.
- Read more: Best NA-45 loadout for CoD: Mobile Season 2
The second game mode is Night Modes is from Modern Warfare, and has players fight in the darkness using night-vision goggles to see. The mobile version will give your goggles a limited battery life, and will arrive later during the season.
Free Battle Pass rewards
One of the new Free Battle Pass rewards is the PP19 Bizon. This powerful automatic Submachine Gun is capable of dishing a ton of damage, and its biggest draw is the high-capacity helical magazine that lets you defeat several enemies before reloading.
It has also appeared in other Call of Duty titles like Warzone, where its become renowned for its low recoil that allows you to hit foes consistently. You can also unlock a new Operator Skill Bull Charge in the Battle Pass.
Premium Pass rewards: Epic Characters and Weapons
The Tokyo Escape Premium Pass will contain Epic rewards that can unlock while ranking up to 50 tiers of the Battle Pass. This includes various Battle Pass Operators, weapons, and in-game accessories.
We’ll go over the complete list of what you can unlock:
- Takeo – Sensei
- Hidora – The Boss
- Zero – Escape
- Spectre – Ninja
Epic Weapon Blueprints
- QXR – Scorching Sun
- Type 25 – Oni
- ASM10 – Scabbard
- RUS-79U – Karuta
- PP19 Bizon – Yokai
- Epic Backpack – Backpack – Kendo
- Epic Emote – “Way of the Sword” emote
- Epic Avatar – The Boss
- Epic Frame – Samurai Frame
Aside from these, you’ll also have the chance to get your hands on the Legendary Calling Card, Showdown.
- Read more: Best AS VAL loadout for CoD: Mobile Season 2
If you purchase the Battle Pass Bundles, you will also a few other neat items:
- Base Melee – Pendragon
- Avatar – Golden Dragon
- Frame – Serpant Frame
- Charm – Auspicious
Warrior’s Path event and challenges
Season 3 will also bring the the Warrior’s Path event that will require you to “fight alongside your allies in a bid to acquire new territory and earn new rewards in the process.”
It will last for fifteen days, and you’ll be able to earn special rewards for ending on the winning side or for being one of the top contributors. There are eight Epic rewards in all and one Legendary Calling Card, alongside various Rare weapon camos and characters.
You can unlock the new handgun, Renetti for free through upcoming seasonal challenges in the game. This powerful weapon is from Modern Warfare that fires three-round bursts to annihilate its targets.
The new Overclock perk increases the charging speed of an Operator Skill, and you will get to unlock it by completing more seasonal challenges. We expect these to get released later into season three.
New class: Spotter
Another new addition in CoD: Mobile Season 3 is the Spotter class, which comes with two different abilities. The Cluster Strike allows you to launch a cluster airstrike to a designated area, letting you take out multiple foes in one go.
The Fly Swatter ability shows the locations of nearby winged enemies and increases the reload speed of the rocket launcher. This class was previously in Warzone and was used to get rid of enemies that were hiding.
As always, the devs want to bring significant quality improvements and optimization in the new update. Here are all the changes that they’ve made to CoD: Mobile’s multiplayer in Tokyo Escape:
- Slightly increased Napalm’s burning range after explosion. Speed up the plane and speed up the falling speed of the missile.
- Optimized the gunsmith system attachments model. Including:
- Type 25 Fast Reload
- Type 25 46 Round Extended Mag
- AK117 48 Round Extended Mag
- AK117 YKM Integral Suppressor
- AK47 Large Extended Mag B
- RUS-79U 50 Round Extended Mag
- GKS YKM Integral Suppressor
- MW11 .45 Suppressor Light
- Chicom YKM Integral Suppressor Light
- Chicom Strike Foregrip and Tactical Foregrip A
- RPD OWC Extended Barrel
- LK24 OWC Ranger
- Razorback MIP Extended Light Barrel
- XPR50 RTG Long
- UL736 RTG 25.4″” Extended Barrel
- M4 YKM Integral Suppressor Light
- Chopper MIP Strike Stock
- M16 39 Round Extended Mag and 48 Round Extended Mag
- Fennec Strike Foregrip and Tactical Foregrip A
- Fennec Laser Position
- HG40 Strike Foregrip and Tactical Foregrip A
- UL 736 Strike Foregrip and Tactical Foregrip A
- MSMC Strike Foregrip and Tactical Foregrip A
- NA-45 Strike Foregrip and Tactical Foregrip A
That covers everything that has been revealed about the CoD: Mobile Season 3 Battle Pass so far. While the exact ending date isn’t known, we expect Tokyo Escape to come to a close sometime during May.
Image Credits: Activision
When does CoD: Mobile Season 4 start? Season 3 end date
The handheld version of Call of Duty continues to dominate with Season 3, but how far away is CoD: Mobile Season 4’s start date?
CoD: Mobile’s Season 3 Tokyo Escape offered players a chance to explore new content and ideas in Japan. But we must already look to the future and start speculating on the start of Season 4 and what it will offer.
The one thing that CoD: Mobile devs TiMi have not done is rest on their laurels with Call of Duty’s mobile phone version. Tokyo Escape is the theme for Season 3, and this has been fully represented by fitting items to celebrate this, plus a hot new weapon in the PP19 Bizon.
As players revel in the delights of Season 3’s theme, the team is already hard at work on Season 4. We will look at CoD: Mobile Season 4’s release date, potential content, and other exciting details regarding the game’s future.
CoD: Mobile Season 4 start date
Until it’s official, the start date for CoD: Mobile Season 4 will remain a subjective topic. But given that every Season follows a similar formula, we would think that the transition from Season 3 to Season 4 will be no different.
The current Season 3 Battle Pass is scheduled to end on May 26, and there shouldn’t be any discernible downtime.
So we can expect Season 4 to start on May 27.
CoD: Mobile Season 4 content: Zombies, Prestige
Two big features that have been requested for some time could be on the cards if recent leaks and hints are anything to go by.
CoD: Mobile leaks suggest that the Chinese version of CoD: Mobile has access to additional features over every other release of the game: including Zombies and Prestige.
The devs confirmed that Zombies would be returning to the Chinese version, and it’s basically a given that the Western version of CoD: Mobile will be able to tangle with the undead in 2021.
CoD: Mobile Season 4 buffs and nerfs
In a community update post, the devs behind CoD: Mobile confirmed that Season 4 would be undergoing some big changes to many of its big hitters.
Several key weapons and classes will be updated accordingly to try and balance out the large selection of CoD: Mobile weapons available.
CoD: Mobile Season 4 Weapon class buffs and nerfs
- “SMGs – We aim to strengthen this type’s close quarters’ abilities through increased damage and mobility while optimizing bullet trajectory to ensure viability at other distances.
- Assault Rifles – We aim to strengthen the range and accuracy of ARs to ensure they have a superior combat range of 15-30 meters. This is done through improved weapon type differentiation in relation to bullet trajectory, handling, and recoil.
- LMGs – We aim to strengthen the accuracy and damage efficiency of LMGs to ensure that suppression is possible at 30 meters away while also strengthening their overall capabilities at different ranges.
- Snipers – We aim to optimize the attributes of sniper attachments, provide more combinations of attachments, and weaken the advantages of snipers in close-range combat.
- Marksman Rifles – We aim to make marksman rifles more nimble and agile by increasing movement speed via various attachments”
- Highest Damage – 0-8 meters range (increased range)
- Second Highest – 8-14 meters range (increased range)
- Third Highest – 14-19 meters range (increased range)
- Lowest Damage – 19 meters range or further (increased range from 17m to 19m)
- Highest Damage – 0-6 meters range (increased range)
- Second Highest – 6-15 meters range (increased range)
- Third Highest – 15-28 meters range (consolidated)
- Lowest Damage – 28 meters range or further (same range)
- Highest Damage – 25 damage at 0-10 meters range
- Second Highest – 23 damage at 10-24 meters range
- Lowest Damage – 17 damage at 24 meters range or further
- Highest Damage – 26 damage at 0-10 meters range
- Second Highest – 24 damage at 10-15 meters range
- Third Highest – 20 damage at 15-25 meters range or further
- Lowest Damage – 17 damage at 25 meters range or further
- Highest Damage – 0-8 meters range (same as original)
- Second Highest – 8-15 meters range (increased range)
- Third Highest – 15-25 meters range (increased range)
- Lowest Damage – 25 meters range or further (increased range from 17m to 25m)
- Highest Damage – 0-10 meters range (increased range)
- Second Highest – 10-17 meters range (increased range)
- Third Highest – 17-25 meters range (decreased range)
- Lowest Damage – 25 meters range or further (decreased range from 30m to 25m)
- Increased the basic bullet spread (base weapon)
- Light Barrel (short)
- Increased bullet spread
- Decreased ADS speed
- Stopping Power Reload (mag)
- Increased spread
- Decreased the negative effects of reload speed
- Highest Damage – 0-13 meters range (increased range)
- Second Highest – 13-25 meters range (consolidated range)
- Lowest Damage – 25 meters range or further (decreased range from 35m to 25m)
- Highest Damage – 0-18 meters range (increased range)
- Second Highest – 18-30 meters range (both increased and decreased range)
- Lowest Damage – 30 meters range or further (decreased range from 35m to 30m)
- OWC Ranger – Decreased movement speed penalty (buff)
- Elite Foregrip
- Decreased movement speed penalty (buff)
- Helps push the weapon from close range to medium range
- ADS Speed Improved
- Optimized horizontal recoil, which increases bullet spread
- Highest Damage – 0-20 meters range (same range)
- Second Highest – 20-33 meters range (decreased range)
- Lowest Damage – 33 meters range or further (decreased range from 40m to 30m)
- Strike Stock – ADS Movement Speed penalty increased (nerf)
- OWC Marksman
- ADS Movement speed penalty decreased (buff)
- Movement speed penalty decreased (buff)
- Reload Speed slightly increased
- Increased the damage magnification above the waist of enemies
- Optimized horizontal recoil, which results in a slight bullet spread increase
- Damage increased at the closest range (stronger in close combat)
- ADS speed increased (nerf – takes longer to ADS)
- Accuracy enhanced
- Highest Damage – 26 damage at 0-10 meters range
- Second Highest – 21 damage at 10-45 meters range
- Lowest Damage – 20 damage at 45 meters range or further
- Highest Damage – 31 damage at 0-20 meters range
- Second Highest – 23 damage at 20-55 meters range
- Lowest Damage – 18 damage at 55 meters range or further
- Highest Damage – 31 damage at 0-10 meters range
- Second Highest – 24 damage at 10-30 meters range
- Third Highest – 22 damage at 30-50 meters range
- Lowest Damage – 21 damage at 50 meters range or further
- Highest Damage – 32 damage at 0-20 meters range
- Second Highest – 23 damage at 20-55 meters range
- Lowest Damage – 19 damage at 50 meters range or further
Akimbo .50s GS
- Overall mobility decreased
- Hip fire spread increased by 35%
- Firing speed increased from 0.36s to 0.43s
We’ll continue to update this page with more information on CoD: Mobile Season 4 as it comes in.
Image Credit: Activision
How to get the Renetti Pistol in CoD: Mobile Season 3
You can unlock the Renetti Pistol in CoD: Mobile Season 3 by completing the Quick Hands seasonal challenge, here’s how to get it.
Call of Duty: Mobile just added the Renetti Pistol from Modern Warfare in Season 3, and unlocking it will require a lot of work and patience, so here’s what you need to do.
CoD: Mobile Season 3 added a plethora of new content to the game, including new maps, modes, characters, weapons, and more. Now, the developers have brought in a new gun in the form of the Renetti Pistol.
This burst fire weapon first appeared in 2019’s Modern Warfare and became a fan-favorite. Now, you can unlock it in the mobile game by completing a new seasonal challenge, so here’s what you’ll need to do.
How to complete the Quick Hands challenge in CoD: Mobile
CoD: Mobile fans have been excited ever since the developers confirmed the arrival of the Modern Warfare weapon. The three-round burst makes the Renetti Pistol extremely lethal, as you can eliminate your enemies almost instantly.
If you want to unlock it, then you’ll need to complete the “Quick Hands” challenge, which consists of eight steps. You’ll be required to tackle a wide variety of different tasks that will likely take multiple sessions to complete.
Here’s what you’ll need to do in this seasonal challenge:
|Play 3 matches in any mode||200 Credits + 1000 Battle Pass XP|
|Kill 15 enemies with Pistols||Paper Star Knife + 1000 Battle Pass XP|
|Kill 30 enemies with any MW-11||20 Weapon XP Cards + 2000 Battle Pass XP|
|Kill 30 enemies with any MW-11 equipped with the FMJ Perk + 4 other attachments||Dragon Delight Spray + 2000 Battle Pass XP|
|Kill 30 enemies with any Pistol equipped with 4 attachments||Mecha icon + 4000 Battle Pass XP|
|Kill 5 enemies with headshots using Pistols equipped with 3 attachments||ICR-1 Birthstone + 4000 Battle Pass Xp|
|Win 7 multiplayer matches with any J358 equipped||Renetti + 6000 Battle Pass XP|
This may seem like an overwhelming amount of work that requires all of your dedication, but you’ll get plenty of other neat rewards on your way towards the Renetti. Earning 20,000 Battle Pass XP can be very handy.
The Quick Hands challenge will only remain available in CoD: Mobile for just 20 days, so you’ll need to make sure that you’ve gotten all of these tasks done before then.
Once the Season 4 update arrives, we don’t know how the Renetti might become available to unlock. The devs have also confirmed that Zombies will make their triumphant return later in 2021, so there’s plenty of new content to look forward to.
Image credits: Activision
New perk and battle royale class could come to CoD: Mobile in Season 4
The classic Gung-Ho perk and a brand new battle royale class are set to make their way to Call of Duty: Mobile in Season 4.
Call of Duty: Mobile’s Public Test Build allows players to test new features, and now the Gung-Ho perk and a new battle royale class have been added, revealing they’re potentially joining the full game in Season 4.
We’re now in the final weeks of CoD Mobile Season 3, which is set to end on May 26. Season 3 added more content from Modern Warfare, with the PP19 Bizon, and the Warrior’s Path event. With the season set to be ending soon, players are looking forward to what the next season has in store.
Details surrounding Season 4 are sparse, but a couple of new features have been added to the Public Test Server that could arrive in the game’s next season. Features tested in the server usually make it to the game over the next couple of seasons, so Season 4 is a likely time for these to arrive.
The test server has received the Gung-Ho perk, and a new battle royale class called Time Traveler. They can’t be used yet, but they can be seen in the Public Test Server.
Gung-Ho will be familiar to CoD fans, as the perk has appeared in almost every Call of Duty game since Advanced Warfare. It’s also included in Black Ops Cold War, being one of the best perks for fast gameplay and quickscoping.
In CoD Mobile, the perk allows you to hip-fire your weapon, throw grenades, and change ammo all while sprinting. For fans players who like to run and gun with an SMG, this perk will be the perfect accompaniment to your loadout.
The Time Traveler BR class has also been revealed, but there are very few details about its abilities. This hasn’t stopped players from speculating though, as players took an interest in the class’s ability: Glitch.
Glitch was a specialist ability in Black Ops III that allowed players to teleport to a previous position, so if it’s anything like BO3’s version, it’ll be interesting to see how it shakes up the CoD Mobile battle royale meta.
Again, there is no confirmation that this ability and perk will make their way to the regular game as they are, but it’s very possible they will arrive in Season 4 or 5.
Image Credit: Activision
Best Gallo SA12 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 3
Find out how to make the powerful Gallo SA12 Shotgun an even bigger beast in Season 3 with the best...
Best FFAR 1 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 3
The FFAR is an Assault Rifle with an incredible fire rate, so here's the attachments and perks to make the...
Warzone May 7 patch notes: AMAX nerfed, shotgun & weapon updates, bug fixes
In a Warzone update on May 7, Raven Software have nerfed the CR-56 AMAX, adjusted the Streetsweeper Ground Loot, and...