It’s almost time for CoD Mobile Season 8, and there’s a ton of new content planned for the update, so here’s everything we know, including the new Blackout map and 2nd Anniversary event.
It is always an exciting time in the world of CoD: Mobile when a new season arrives, as the developers use it to introduce brand new content to the game, including new maps, weapons, and events.
Now that Season 8 has finally arrived, players will be able to enjoy a bunch of new content that the developers have introduced into the game, from weapon buffs and nerfs to the glorious Blackout map.
- CoD Mobile Season 8 update release time
- CoD Mobile Season 8 update patch notes
- Blackout map release date in CoD Mobile
- CoD Mobile 2nd Anniversary events
- CoD Mobile Season 8 Battle Pass
CoD Mobile Season 8 update release time
The developers have confirmed that the official release date of CoD Mobile Season 8 is September 22, 2021. Once the update goes live, a variety of new content will arrive in the game.
- Read more: All CoD Mobile ranks and how to get them
The new changes will include the Blackout map and many other additions such as new characters, weapons, events, and a brand-new Battle Pass to progress through.
CoD Mobile Season 8 update patch notes
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 8: “2nd Anniversary”
Season 8 “2nd Anniversary” brings new contents including:
- 2nd Anniversary Celebration content including Counterattack, Anniversary Cake event, Elite PMC, and PP19 Bizon weapon!
- Season 8 Battle Pass releases on September 22nd (5pm PST) with brand new weapon blueprints, operators (including new variants of Captain Price and Alias), and unlockables.
- Significant updates to Battle Royale including the new Blackout map!
- New weapons: M13 assault rifle and R9-0 shotgun
Log in to the game now and enjoy the new contents after the update!
Crash has received a visual overhaul including various optimizations to graphics and performance.
Lightning Strike – Calls air strikes to 3 target locations on the map. This Scorestreak highlights all friendly and enemy players in order to give you pinpoint precision.
Iron lungs – Extend the time a player can steady a sniper rifle’s scope when aiming down sights.
New Map – Blackout
Blackout has arrived (soon). The original classic BR map from Black Ops 4 is now available on COD: Mobile! It is now available right now on update launch but will be available alongside Season 8.
New Vehicle – Rally Car
Slightly slower than the Muscle Car, but seats 4 and allows greater stability with the use of modifications.
BR Class Updates
- Toned down the on-screen warning visuals when a Poltergeist is nearby
- Active Camo warning distance increased from 35m to 40m after upgrading Poltergeist
- Reduced Active Camo activation time from 2s to 1s
- Removed holographic effects from Trickster and Trickster decoys (from enemy point of view)
Still somewhere in between overpowered and not, which sounds great to us. We’ll see what new discussions emerge and how often this class is used.
- Added minor electrical effect to active Electrical Trip Wires
- Greatly increased the distance of winged enemies shown by Fly Swatter
- Increased Cluster Strike area radius from 14m to 18m
There was a variety of feedback about this class’s usefulness and this new update aims to help Medic a viable Battle Royale class once again.
- Medic is now able to boost Armor up to 200 for players with 150 Armor or higher
- Master Healer: Healing bonus and reduced time required to bring back knocked down allies increased from 15%/35% to 25%/40%
- When the player is close to the enemy in the wingsuit state, the enemy can receive a direction warning in order to give them a heads up
- Players now receive a directional warning when an enemy using the Wingsuit is nearby
- Wingsuit minimum descent speed has been adjusted
- Increased Smoke Grenade smokescreen duration from 12s to 16.5s
- Adjusted the time needed to revive teammates to 7s
Health System Update
- The health system has been re-worked and now features Armor to provide additional HP.
- HP now regenerates over time
- Equipped Armor provides additional HP. Unlike health, armor does not regenerate.
- Added the following Armor items:
- Armor Repair: Increases Armor by 50
- Advanced Armor Repair: Increases Armor by 150
- Kinetic Armor Overcharger: Increases Armor by 150, then provides an additional 50 Armor
- Color-coded quality has been removed from weapons
- Weapons now have three mod slots
- Updated existing weapon mods and added new mods
- Increased weapon drop rate
- Arsenal airdrops have been added in addition to ordinary airdrops
- Two Arsenal airdrops are guaranteed to provide customize weapons
- Improved the output of ordinary airdrops
- The base backpack capacity has been changed to 4 slots, which can be upgraded to 6 slots and 8 slots
- The stack limit of the three new armor repair items are 6/2/1
- Max ammo carrying capacity has been reduced (does not affect Backpack slots)
- The overall terrain of Blackout is relatively smooth. To improve the overall balance of vehicles on this map, we’ve reduced the maximum speed of motorcycles, off-road vehicles and coupes.
- Durability of some vehicles has also been reduced
Vehicle Mobility Updates
Helicopter – The mini map displays the locations of the helicopters in real time, allowing players to determine helicopter positions better and quickly. We hope this change will help control the number of active helicopters.
Wingsuit – We’ve reduced the horizontal speed and buoyancy of the Wingsuit to achieve a more realistic feel while gliding
- Optimized the camera while sliding
- Slide distance will now change according to slope and moving speed
- A new quick-swap menu can now be accessed by long pressing the consumable/throwable buttons on the HUD
- Improved the experience of picking up and discarding items
- Optimized the HUD when driving vehicles
- Removed the button to switch between auto/single firing mode
- To improve the drop-in experience, parachutes no longer need to be opened manually
NEW BASE WEAPONS
This new weapon has an extremely high fire rate and strong headshot multiplier. It comes on over from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) and joins the ever-growing arsenal of assault rifles in CODM. You’ll be able to acquire this one later in the season through a Seasonal Challenge.
Check out our article on how to unlock the M13 for more details.
This new shotgun has a high ammo capacity and can fire two barrels in a rapid succession before being pumped. It is all about getting close to spray your targets with loose accuracy and high damage. You can find both a common and Epic blueprint version of this within the new Season 8 Battle Pass.
Check out our article on how to unlock this new shotgun for more information.
Multiplayer & Battle Royale
- Grandmaster tier has been added to the tier list. Grandmaster is above Master and below Legendary.
- Increased the rate of rank points gained before reaching Grandmaster.
- New Ranked Rewards, with some of the key rewards, like the Scylla – Dark Quill operator and Hades – Piercing Hawk weapon blueprint, now earnable at Grandmaster IV.
- Rank reset slightly, as per usual with each new Ranked Series.
Legendary Top 5000
- Updated visuals for payers ranked in the top 5000
- More limited-time modes will be available!
Multiplayer Weapon Updates
Overall adjustments on Assault Rifles
- Decreased Damage Range and Damage to arms
- Developer Comment: Damage and range were adjusted to promote higher accuracy when using these weapons.
AS VAL (with 15 Round FMJ) :
- Range adjusted from 15M-50M-75M to 25M-38M-75M
- Damage adjusted from 46-45-39-34 to 48-44-35-30
- Increased damage to forearms and chest from 48 to 62
- Fire rate decreased from +300% to +200%
- Slightly increased vertical recoil
- Increased hit flinch
- Slightly increased firing animation
Developer Comment: Short range performance is significantly improved, while medium and long range performance has been slightly decreased. After the adjustment, the two–shot kill range is longer than Cr56 AMAX but it will be more difficult to control.
Sniper & Marksman Rifles
- Adjusted one–shot -kill range
- Decreased hit flinch
Developer Comment: These 2 classes of weapons have been given longer range to compensate for ADS sway when compared against Assault Rifles
- Increased damage to arms from 48 to 54
- Vertical recoil decreased slightly
- Bullet Spread decreased slightly
- Hit flinch decreased
- Decreased range of motion during animation
Developer Comment: We’ve increased the two – shot kill range and made reductions to bullet spread, recoil and hit flinch to improve weapon control.
- Range increased from : 62M to 65M
- Damage increased from : 60-55 to 91-71
- Vertical recoil decreased
- Hit flinch decreased
Developer Comment: The M21 EBR now has the ability to 2 shot kill through walls.
- Damage range adjusted from 62M to 50M
- Vertical recoil decreased
- Hit flinch decreased
Developer Comment: Able to kill in two shots hitting any part of the body. Able to kill with one shot to the head or chest with OWC Stopping Power Reload equipped.
- Headshot multiplier increased from 2 to 3.75
- Headshot multiplier increased from 5.25 to 6.5 (25 × 59 mm Thermite Mag)
- Base mag capacity increased from 15 to 25
- Mag capacity increased from 10 to 20 (Explosive/Thermite Mag)
- ADS Time decreased from +25% to +15% (Explosive/Thermite Mag)
- Slightly increased movement speed
- Slightly decreased weapon swap time from 1s to 0.8s
- Headshot multiplier increased from 1.8 to 2.3
- Headshot multiplier increased from 1.5 to 2.2
- Headshot multiplier increased from 2 to 2.6
- Headshot multiplier decreased from 5 to 4.3 (.338 5 Round Reload)
Developer Comment: To bridge the gap between the power level of sniper rifles in BR, we’ve adjusted the headshot multipliers of various weapons and attachments.
- Increased damage to arms from 26 to 28
- Increased damage to legs from: 23 to 24
Developer Comment: Increased damage to arms and legs to improve overall consistency. After the adjustment, as long as the player hits the upper body with one shot, the target can be eliminated with four shots.
- Increased damage to head from 29 to 32
- Increased damage to chest from 27 to 29
Developer Comment: Increased the damage to head and chest to bring the PDW57 up to speed with the current meta.
- Increased movement speed when using Thermite or Molotov Cocktail (Lethal)
- Decreased the sprinting speed bonus of Lightweight (Perk)
- Increased Cluster Strike kill score from 15 to 25
- Increased EMP Systems kill score from 15 to 25
- Increased Napalm kill score from 10 to 40
- Increased Hawk X3 kill score from 20 to 25
- Premium weapon Camos will no longer upgrade over time
- Weapons with model changes can now be equipped with Gold, Platinum, Damascus, and Diamond Camos.
- Cluster Strike has been re-worked.. Missiles will now drop one by one instead of three at a time. The total number and duration of missiles remain unchanged.
Several new settings have been added/adjusted:
- Shotgun hit reminder – when switched on, shows which parts of the body were hit
- Damage display setting – when switched on, displays the damage values in Multiplayer and Battle Royale.
- Auto-Repair Armor – when switched on, basic Armor Repair items from your backpack will automatically be used to recover armor.
- Auto-Use Quick Swap– when switched on, automatically uses consumables or throwables selected from the quick-swap menus.
- Automatic Obstacle Avoidance – This setting is now off by default.
- The slide distance of a weapon is now tied to the move speed of the weapon. The faster the move speed, the longer the slide distance. For example, the slide distance when using the AMR (slowest) has been reduced from 4.37M to 4.17M, while the slide distance when using the Knife (fastest) has increased from 4.37M to 5.9M. All other weapons fall within this range. We hope this change will improve weapon diversity while increasing the value of the movement speed attribute.
- We’ve made some adjustments to improve sliding for slow-moving firearms. Compared with the previous version, the average distance of the second slide will be farther.
- Players can now interrupt climbing by pulling the joystick down while climbing.
Rank Match Optimizations
- Improved skill-based matchmaking when teamed up with 4-5 players
- Updated rank icons and improved visuals when promoted to new rank
- Increased the starting penalty for leaving Ranked matches to 80 points and doubled the compensation received by other players
Blackout map release date in CoD Mobile
Looking to celebrate the success of CoD: Mobile, the 2nd anniversary of the game will see the arrival of the Blackout Battle Royale map in the world of Call of Duty Mobile.
Activision revealed on September 17, 2021, that the CoD: Mobile Blackout map will be available for players to experience on September 22 at 5 PM PST/ 7 PM CST/ 8 PM EST.
It’s the largest map in any of Call of Duty titles and contains parts of other maps like Nuketown, Estate, and Construction Site. This Battle Royale map will allow you to try out new tactics and strategies.
CoD Mobile 2nd Anniversary events
To celebrate the game’s 2nd Anniversary, the developers will introduce three different events in CoD Mobile. While we don’t know the exact details of these events, Activision has announced their names.
Here are all the CoD Mobile 2nd Anniversary events:
- Anniversary Cake Event
- Anniversary Puzzle Event
- Counterattack – a new themed event
CoD Mobile Season 8 Battle Pass
A new season means that there’s a brand-new Battle Pass for you to progress through. You’ll get to earn 50 tiers of rewards, including new characters, weapons, and other content.
The developers have confirmed new weapons like the R9-0 shotgun for Season 8 and released a new trailer for the upcoming Battle Pass, showing off the new content.
- Read More: Best gun in CoD Mobile: Every weapon ranked
One of the major highlights of the trailer was the appearance of Shepard from the Modern Warfare franchise. Veteran players will remember his involvement in the storyline of Modern Warfare.
That covers everything that’s been revealed about CoD Mobile Season 8 in the patch notes. We expect some other significant additions to the game, and we’ll be sure to update this article with that information when it becomes available.
Stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for all of the latest information regarding CoD Mobile Season 8, and check out how to get Operator Arthur Kingsley in CoD Mobile.
Source: CoD Mobile Reddit
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock Kilo 141 in CoD Mobile
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 1 has brought the fan-favorite Kilo 141 Assault Rifle, so here’s how to unlock it.
2022’s Call of Duty: Mobile Season 1 is finally here, bringing some fan-favorite weapons from the CoD franchise. The PPSh-41 is here with Modern Warfare’s Kilo 141 still on the way, so here’s how you’ll be able to unlock it.
Call of Duty Mobile Season 1: Heist has arrived, with the first season of 2022 set to bring some fan-favorite weapons and maps to the mobile shooter. The classic WW2 PPSh-41 arrived as part of the Battle Pass, but Modern Warfare and Warzone’s Kilo 141 will arrive soon.
This “reliable full auto assault rifle” is a “shining example of what scenarios assault rifles are generally made for with 4 shots kills and high headshot damage.” It’s set to arrive soon, so here’s how you can unlock it.
How to unlock the Kilo 141 in CoD Mobile
The Cod Mobile developers confirmed that the Kilo 141 can be unlocked through the Seasonal Challenge – Kilo 141 – Locked & Loaded. While this isn’t the game yet, it has been revealed early by ‘Leakers on Duty.’
The Seasonal Challenge to unlock Kilo 141 has 7 stages:
- Fire 500 rounds in a multiplayer match (5x Weapon Experience Cards + 1,000 Battle Pass XP)
- Kill 30 enemies in a multiplayer match (200 Credits + 1,000 Battle Pass XP)
- Kill 50 enemies with an Assault Rifle (‘Artbeat’ MK2 + 1,000 Battle Pass XP)
- Kill 35 people with the KRM-262 with 5 attachments (10x Weapon Experience Cards + 2,000 Battle Pass XP)
- Kill 20 enemies with the KRM-262 equipped with the Gung Ho Perk (‘Excellent Five’ Spray + 2,000 Battle Pass XP)
- Win 5 multiplayer matches with the KRM-262 equipped (Kilo 141 + 2,000 Battle Pass XP)
- Kill 15 enemies with a headshot with the Kilo 141 (‘Close Combat’ Calling Card + 1,000 Battle Pass XP)
Many of these tasks require you to use the KRM-262 Shotgun to secure a high number of kills and win multiplayer matches. You can get this done much quicker in Shipment as you’ll encounter enemies frequently there.
However, it’s worth keeping in mind that these are currently just leaks. The developers have yet to confirm if this is the Seasonal Challenge that you’ll need to complete, so take it with a grain of salt.
Best CoD Mobile Kilo 141 loadout attachments
- Barrel: YKM Integral
- Stock: No Stock
- Laser: OWC Laser – Tactical
- Magazine: Large Extended Mag B
- Rear Grip: Granulated Grip Tape
Although the Kilo 141 hasn’t arrived yet, CoD Mobile’s developers have given their recommended loadout attachments. This build combines speed and accuracy, allowing you to quickly dart around the map and take the enemies by surprise with the suppressed barrel.
But there will be plenty more builds out there once the gun goes live, so we’ll be sure to update you with the best loadout possible.
You can also check out the best CoD Mobile settings for both multiplayer and battle royale, and how to play with a controller.
Image Credit: Activision
Best PPSh-41 loadout for CoD Mobile Season 1: Heist
Here are all of the attachments and Perks you need to build the best PPSh-41 loadout in Call of Duty: Mobile.
2022’s first Call of Duty Mobile season is here, with Season 1: Heist bringing new maps and weapons to the handheld shooter. The PPSh-41 is the latest weapon to arrive, so we have the best loadout you can run.
Call of Duty Mobile Season 1: Heist has finally arrived, giving mobile players plenty more content from previous CoD games. One of the standout additions is the PPSh-41, a classic WW2 weapon that’s appeared in numerous Call of Duty games.
CoD Mobile’s developers described it as “fantastic at close quarters and surprisingly decent at medium range combat as well.” We’ve got all of the attachments, Perks, and Equipment necessary to make the best PPSh-41 loadout.
- Best CoD Mobile PPSh-41 loadout attachments
- Best CoD Mobile PPSh-41 Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock PPSh-41 in CoD Mobile
- Best alternatives to the PPSh-41 in CoD Mobile
Best CoD Mobile PPSh-41 loadout attachments
- Muzzle: Monolithic Suppressor
- Barrel: “Banner” Heavy
- Stock: No Stock
- Laser: OWC Laser – Tactical
- Underbarrel: Resilient Foregrip
The Monolithic Suppressor barrel and “Banner” Heavy barrel will improve the PPSh-41’s range, allowing you to have a much more versatile loadout.
The OWC Laser – Tactical increases your accuracy while aiming and increases ADS speed, while the No Stock attachment further improves your mobility.
Unfortunately, the PPSh-41 has a ton of horizontal recoil, so you’ll find it bounces from side to side – especially when taking on someone at medium range. But, the Resilient Foregrip majorly reduces horizontal recoil, making it much more accurate.
Best CoD Mobile PPSh-41 Perks & Equipment
- Red Perk: Lightweight
- Green Perk: Quick Fix
- Blue Perk: Dead Silence
- Lethal Equipment: Sticky Grenade
- Tactical Equipment: Concussion Grenade
The best Red Perk for a CoD Mobile SMG loadout is Lightweight, which significantly increases your sprint speed. Then, Quick Fix allows your health to regenerate immediately after each kill. And Dead Silence is perfect for stealthily running up on your enemies.
We recommend the Sticky Grenade to damage enemies before you push in, and the Concussion Grenade will almost render them defenseless.
How to unlock PPSh-41 in CoD Mobile
You can unlock the classic PPSh-41 at Tier 21 of CoD Mobile Season 1’s free Battle Pass.
- Read more: How to get a nuke in CoD Mobile
Once Season 1: Heist ends, the PPSh-41 will then be unlocked through an in-game challenge.
Best alternatives to the PPSh-41 in CoD Mobile
There are plenty of viable alternatives to the PPSh-41 in CoD: Mobile. The MX9 is one of the best SMGs in the game and the AS VAL is a close-range Assault Rifle that’s perfect for the confines of multiplayer maps.
For more CoD Mobile, check out the best settings for both multiplayer and battle royale.
Image Credit: Activision
CoD Points price: How to buy, spend & do they carry over
CoD Points are the official currency of Call of Duty. Check out CoD Point prices, where to buy them, and whether they transfer between games.
Activision’s in-game currency lets players purchase cosmetics for their characters, and we’ve got everything you need to know about CoD Points prices, how to buy them, and all the items you can spend them on.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game, requiring players to spend their own currency named CoD Points to acquire them.
CoD Points can be purchased in-game using the menu systems in games like Vanguard or Warzone or through console marketplaces like the PS Store or Xbox Marketplace.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Vanguard and Warzone offering special Attack on Titan and Christmas skins as well as unique weapon Blueprints for popular weapons, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend CoD Points.
- CoD Points Prices
- How to buy CoD Points
- Where to spend CoD Points
- Do CoD Points carry across games?
- What can I buy with CoD Points
CoD Points prices
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying CoD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas others need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various CoD Points bundles:
- 200 CoD Points: $1.99 / £1.79
- 500 CoD Points: $4.99 / £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) CoD Points: $9.99 / £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) CoD Points: $19.99 / £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $39.99 / £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) CoD Points: $74.99 / £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $99.99 / £84.99
- 15,000 (+6,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $149.99 / £123.99
How to buy COD Points
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
There are four ways you can buy COD Points:
- PC players can purchase CoD Points on the Battle.net website
- PS4 & PS5 players can purchase CoD Points in the PS Store on their console, or on the PlayStation website
- Xbox Series X, Series S, or One players can buy CoD Points on the Xbox Marketplace on their console, or the official Microsoft Store website
- Select physical retailers stock vouchers and gift cards with a code that players can redeem for CoD Points.
Where to spend CoD Points
Spending your CoD Points is incredibly easy, with players able to purchase cosmetic bundles and Blueprints in the in-game store.
The stores are available in Vanguard, Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare, so you can kit out your character regardless of your preferred title.
Do CoD Points carry over across games?
The good news is that your CoD Points will transfer across your Call of Duty games, as they are linked to your Activision account.
Players who still have CoD Points in their account from Black Ops Cold War don’t need to worry, as they will automatically be in your account when turning to Vanguard.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Vanguard and Warzone Pacific are currently in Season 1 at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 1, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough CoD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
Every confirmed change coming in Apex Legends Season 12
With Apex Legends Season 12 being released soon, players may be wondering what kind of changes the update will bring...
Vanguard January 27 update patch notes: Cold Blooded buff, Fortified adjustments & spawn fixes
Here are the full patch notes for Vanguard’s January 27 update, which buffed the Cold Blooded Perk and adjusted spawn...
Warzone players want Raven to switch two POIs on Caldera
A Warzone player has rearranged the POIs on Caldera after the community has expressed their discontent with the map design.