Call of Duty: Mobile is set to celebrate Halloween by bringing a spooky overhaul to the handheld shooter in Season 9. Here’s everything we know about the Nightmare update’s Halloween event, including the release date, new maps, and weapons.
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 8 is soon wrapping up, and the handheld shooter will be getting a spooky overhaul with Season 9. This new Halloween-themed update brings back Undead Siege, as well as introduces new maps, weapons, and more.
Here’s everything we know about CoD: Mobile Season 9, including its release date and Halloween-themed content.
- Season 9 start date
- Season 9 theme
- New maps
- New weapons
- New Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill and BR class
- Season 9 Battle Pass
- Undead Siege returns
CoD: Mobile Season 9 start date
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9 is set to begin on Wednesday, October 20, at around 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET / 1 AM BST (October 21).
CoD: Mobile doesn’t usually have a significant downtime between seasons, so Season 9 should launch almost immediately after the Season 8 Battle Pass expires.
CoD: Mobile Season 9 theme
Alongside Warzone’s The Haunting event, CoD: Mobile will also be running a Halloween theme. Although not officially revealed, a leaked teaser has revealed that Season 9 will be titled ‘Nightmare.’
- Read more: Best R9-0 loadout for CoD: Mobile
Expect Halloween updates to many aspects of the game, as well as spooky cosmetics in the store and Battle Pass.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 maps
CoD: Mobile’s developers have revealed that Season 9 will bring Modern Warfare (2019)’s Hovec Sawmill and Halloween Standoff.
Hovec Sawmill was a brand new map for Modern Warfare, taking place in a small village with a burning Sawmill in the center. With several accessible rooftops, you’ll need to keep your eyes up. And for CoD Mobile Season 9, the Hovec Sawmill will be a night map, matching Nightmare’s spooky aesthetic.
Halloween Standoff also returns in Season 9, which is fast becoming a tradition for CoD Mobile. This new update gives the classic Black Ops 2 map an eery overhaul, with pumpkins and other Halloween decorations littering the nighttime version.
The devs also teased that “a surprise mystery lies ahead,” so we’ll need to wait and see what 2021’s version of Halloween Standoff has in store.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 weapons
Call of Duty fans will be quick to recognize Nightmare’s new weapons, with CoD Mobile Season 9 bringing the Thumper and the Swordfish.
The Thumper Grenade Launcher has featured in several Call of Duty games and is sure to be a powerful addition to the new season.
- Read more: How to play CoD: Mobile with a controller
And Black Ops 4 players will recognize the Swordfish, a four-round burst Tactical Rifle that’s low recoil allowed it to chew through enemies with ease.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill & BR class
CoD: Mobile Season 9 also brings a new Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill, and Battle Royale Class.
The Flash Drone Tactical Weapon acts as a long-range flashbang. Players take charge of a drone that will completely blind enemies it comes into contact with. Devs said that it can be released at a distance “of about 15 meters” and has a range of “about 20 meters.”
The new Operator Skill, TAK-5, is set to be a game-changing addition to multiplayer. The TAK-5 immediately heals the full team, including the player, to full health. And not only that, but each player gets an additional 50 health.
And finally, CoD: Mobile’s battle royale gets the new Pumped class. This gives players a small jetpack that allows players to jump higher and even double jump. Plus, weapons are more accurate while in the air.
CoD: Mobile Season 9 Battle Pass
CoD: Mobile devs confirmed that the TAK-5 will arrive in the Season 9 Battle Pass alongside either the Thumper or Swordfish.
We expect there to also be plenty of Halloween-themed cosmetics in the Battle Pass, so we’ll keep you updated when the season goes live.
Undead Siege returns in CoD: Mobile Season 9
CoD: Mobile fans were clamoring for the Zombies mode to return, and Season 6’s Undead Siege brought a new twist to the classic experience. The Zombie-slaying action returns in Season 9.
- Read more: Best M13 loadout for CoD: Mobile
In Undead Siege, players need to survive either three or five nights, defending Richtofen’s Control Center from wave after wave of the undead.
Undead Siege returns in Season 9 for the Nightmare Halloween event, and will likely last until the end of the season. Devs teased that “there are some new rewards to earn and new challenging zombie behavior to conquer.”
CoD: Mobile Season 9 Trick or Treat
An interesting new side addition to Season 9 is the new ‘Trick or Treat’ in-game scenario. According to the devs: “Go door to door and try your luck. If you’re tricked, complete an in-game task to get your candy; if you’re treated, get the candy right away.
“Candy awards event XP, progressing you through the event track with milestone rewards along the way. Set your own room to trick or treat, and visit your friends’ rooms, too.”
CoD Mobile Season 9 update patch notes
Multiplayer mode and survival mode
CR-56 AMAX (equipped with M67 magazine):
- Reduced the range, the first range was adjusted from 36M to 30M, and the second range was adjusted from 51M to 42.5M
- Reduced the damage on the upper arm from 62 to 48
- Slightly increased vertical recoil.
- Increased the basic movement speed of the base gun from 0.6 to 0.65
- Increased the reload speed of the base gun from 3 to 2.5
- Increased the basic bullet velocity of the multiplayer mode from 600 to 900
- Heavy long barrel – Reduced the movement speed penalty from 4% to -2%
- 300 RTC-30 rounds magazine: Replaced the bullet speed increasing effect with a silencer effect; ADS speed -8% → -3%
- 300 RTC-double-row 40 rounds magazine: Replaced bullet speed increasing effect with silence effect; added bomb reload speed +10%; movement speed -2% → -1%
- Fixed the issue of BSA Mod not working in Battle Royale.
- Reduce the horizontal recoil of the base Gun
- Reduced hip fire spread of the base gun from 0.08 to 0.06, reduce the minimum 0.15 to 0.14
- Increase the damage of the upper body: Arm 26 increased to 28 Chest 28 increased to 31 Head 31 increased to 33
- Marksman Long Barrel: Horizontal recoil increased from -3.2% to -8%
- Ranger Long Barrel: Horizontal recoil force increased from -3.2% to -6%
- Strike Stock: Horizontal recoil force increased from -3.2% Increased to -6%
- Increased base gun damage range from 10m to 14m.
- Base gun damage increased from 25-22-20-19 to 28-24-20-19
- Base gun movement speed increased from 1.04 to 1.06
- Base gun ADS speed increased from 0.448 to 0.4
- Adjusted base gun’s recoil
- Reduced the movement speed of the 50-round magazine from -1% to -1.5%
- Reduced the movement speed of the 60-round magazine from -1.5% to -2.5%
- Adjusted the recoil of the base gun to make it more controllable during continuous firing
Perk – Disabled:
- After adding disabled perk for assault rifles and light machine guns hitting anywhere in the body will reduce the movement speed.
Battle Royale Mode
- Reduced base gun damage from 30-24-16-15 to 25-21-18-16
- Increased the vertical recoil of the first shot by 50%
- Bullet spread during continuous firing has been increased by 35% starting from second shot
- Fixed the bug that SKS bullets do not require bullet velocity in BR mode.
- The explosion damage of the Sam turret has been greatly increased from 198 to 385
- The score of the SAM Turret has been slightly reduced from 850 to 660.
- Increased the number of drones from 4 to 6. We’ve increased the number of drones to improve Swarm’s cost-effectiveness.
- Reduced the score of Napalm from 1500 to 1190
- Slightly reduced the score of rapid air strikes from 1050 to 850
- Increased missile explosion range from 10 meters to 15 meters.
And that’s everything we know about Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9! We’ll update this post when Activision releases the full patch notes.
For more CoD: Mobile, you can check out how to get the Gun Master Medal.
Image Credit: CoD Mobile
Best guns in CoD Mobile: Every Season 6 weapon ranked
CoD: Mobile has a ton of weapons to choose from and we’ve ranked them all from best to worst and counted the top 5.
Since launching in 2019, CoD Mobile has taken handheld gaming by storm and 2022’s Season 6 has only given players more content to enjoy. The game boasts many fearsome weapons, so we’ve ranked the guns from best to worst.
Since its reboot, Call of Duty: Mobile has come a long way, with the game now absolutely full of content. The Season 6: To the Skies update has added Modern Warfare 2’s beloved Favela map and of course, even more guns.
CoD Mobile has over 70 guns to use from previous CoD games, and we’ve gone through them all to try and decide which are perhaps not as proficient in the art of killing, and which simply rule the game.
Best guns in CoD Mobile ranked list
We’re going to take a moment to assign each of CoD Mobile’s guns an official ranked place before we place them in order. There’s a lot to get through, let’s see where we ranked them all.
Here is every primary CoD Mobile Season 6 gun ranked:
- Kilo 141
- Holger 26
- DL Q33
- Type 25
- KSP 45
- AS VAL
- PP19 Bizon
- MK2 Carbine
- CR-56 AMAX
- Peacekeeper MK2
- Rytec AMR
- SP-R 208
- AGR 556
- Kilo Bolt-Action
- HG 40
- M21 EBR
5 best guns in CoD Mobile
5. SKS – Best Marksman Rifle in CoD Mobile
Somewhat of a ‘skill cannon,’ what makes the SKS so powerful is its ability to two-shot to the chest and one-shot to the head.
- Read more: Best L-CAR 9 loadout for CoD Mobile Season 6
If you’re accurate enough, the SKS can be absolutely devastating. You’ll be able to fly around the map taking down enemies in only 200ms, and there aren’t many weapons can that can challenge that TTK.
4. DR-H 4
The DR-H was always a powerful weapon but received major buffs in CoD Mobile Season 6.
- Read more: Best KSP 45 loadout for CoD Mobile Season 6
With its new and improved damage profile, the DR-H is now capable of consistently killing enemies in only three shots. This gives it a fantastic TTK, allowing it to challenge the game’s best Assault Rifles.
The only thing holding it back against the Kilo 141 is its recoil, but if you land your shots, you’ll find it’s even better.
The MAC-10 has almost everything you need in a CoD Mobile SMG where it absolutely melts at close-range with a great strafe speed to boot. It doesn’t have the same range potential as the CBR4, but there are few weapons that can challenge it at close-range. Bring the MAC-10 to any small map and you’ll be an unstoppable force.
2. Kilo 141 – Best Assault Rifle in CoD Mobile
The Kilo’s power comes from its accuracy, where you can take on targets at any range with ease. It’s not the fastest killing weapon in CoD Mobile, but players of any skill level can be incredibly accurate with it, no matter the map or mode.
1. CBR4 – Best SMG in CoD: Mobile
If you’re looking for the best gun possible in CoD Mobile Season 6, you can’t go wrong with Season 11’s CBR4. This fast-firing SMG will tear through any enemy you come across, and it’s a favorite in competitive play.
It can be built almost any way you choose, but it’s best suited for smaller range maps such as Shoot House and Hijacked. It may see a nerf soon, so make sure to use it as much as possible in Season 6.
Image Credit: Activision
Best L-CAR 9 loadout for CoD Mobile Season 6
Black Ops 3’s L-CAR 9 pistol has arrived in CoD Mobile Season 6, so here’s everything you need to create the best L-CAR 9 loadout.
CoD Mobile Season 6: To the Skies is here, bringing the fan-favorite Favela map and new weapons to unlock and master. Black Ops 3’s powerful L-CAR 9 pistol is one of these new weapons, so here’s the best L-CAR 9 loadout and how to unlock it.
Call of Duty: Mobile has an absolutely massive arsenal of weapons, most of them coming from previous CoD games. More are added with each seasonal update, such as Modern Warfare’s Oden and Cold War’s MAC-10.
Even more have arrived in Season 6: To the Skies, with Cold War’s KSP 45 and Black Ops 3’s L-CAR 9. This fully-automatic pistol is already shaping up to be one of the best secondaries in the game, so here’s everything you need to create the best L-CAR 9 loadout in CoD Mobile, and how to unlock it in Season 6.
- Best CoD Mobile L-CAR 9 loadout attachments
- Best CoD Mobile L-CAR 9 Perks
- How to unlock L-CAR 9 in CoD Mobile
- Best L-CAR 9 alternatives in CoD Mobile
Best CoD Mobile L-CAR 9 loadout attachments
- Barrel: OWC Ranger
- Stock: Agile Stock
- Laser: 5mW Combat Laser
- Ammunition: Fast Extended Mag A
- Rear Grip: Rustle Grip Tape
The L-CAR 9 isn’t a primary weapon you’ll be running around with constantly, but this CoD Mobile pocket SMG will simply melt enemies at close-range. We’ve built our L-CAR 9 loadout to perfectly complement your primary weapon.
First, we’re kicking off this L-CAR 9 loadout with the OWC Ranger barrel which improves its accuracy, recoil control, and range, making it much more versatile. Next, because you’ll be switching to the L-CAR in a pinch, the 5mW Combat Laser gives it excellent hip-fire accuracy, allowing you to get that quickdraw kill almost instantly.
While the Agile Stock will hurt your hip-fire accuracy slightly, it’s worth using for its incredible sprint-to-fire delay reduction, meaning you’re free to sprint around while carrying the L-CAR 9.
Because this pistol is fully automatic, you’ll want the Fast Extended Mag A to stop it from burning through ammo too quickly. And finally, just in case you need to aim down sight, it’s worth adding the Rustle Grip Tape for faster ADS speed.
Best CoD Mobile L-CAR 9 Perks
- Red Perk: Fast Recover
- Green Perk: Amped
- Blue Perk: Hardline
Fast Recover is a fantastic Perk to use with any CoD Mobile class because you’ll start regenerating health immediately after getting a kill or capturing an objective.
Since you’ll want to get the most out of your L-CAR 9, Amped will allow you to quickly swap between weapons. And finally, Hardline is a great all-rounder because you’ll be earning Scorestreaks much faster.
How to unlock L-CAR 9 in CoD Mobile
While the KSP 45 is unlocked through the Season 6 Battle Pass, the L-CAR 9 is unlocked through the Too Close For Comfort challenges.
- Read more: How to get a nuke in CoD Mobile
Here’s everything you need to do to unlock the L-CAR 9 in CoD Mobile:
- Play 5 MP Matches
- Fire 300 Rounds in MP Matches
- Use Operator Skills 10 times in MP Matches
- Use the Purifier Operator Skill 5 times in MP Matches
- Kill 5 Enemies with any Pistol in MP Matches
There are a couple more challenges to compete after unlocking the L-CAR 9, but you only need to do these first five to permanently unlock the weapon.
Best L-CAR 9 alternatives in CoD Mobile
There are plenty of powerful secondary weapons you could use instead of the L-CAR 9 in CoD Mobile, with the Renetti capable of one-bursting enemies. Or, you can use the .50 GS to one-shot headshot your foes.
Image Credit: Activision
Best KSP 45 loadout for CoD Mobile Season 6
CoD Mobile Season 6 sees the KSP 45 from Black Ops Cold War arrive in the game, here’s our best loadout for the burst SMG.
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 6 arrived and it’s bringing the KSP 45 from Black Ops Cold War into the mix. Here’s how to make the most of the powerful burst SMG with our best KSP 45 loadout for CoD Mobile.
CoD Mobile loves to take classic weapons and maps from the mainline titles and allow players to enjoy them on the go, and the trend seems to be continuing once again.
Before you head out there and try out the new toy, you’re going to need to know the optimal build. Here’s our best KSP 45 loadout for CoD Mobile Season 6.
- Best COD Mobile KSP 45 attachments
- Best Perks for CoD Mobile KSP 45 loadout
- How to unlock KSP 45 in CoD Mobile
- Best alternative to KSP 45 in CoD Mobile
Best COD Mobile KSP 45 attachments
- Barrel: 10.5″ Task Force Barrel
- Stock: Light Weight Stock
- Underbarrel: Striker Foregrip
- Ammunition: Extended Mag A
- Rear Grip: Rustle Grip Tape
Due to the fact that the KSP 45 is a burst fire SMG, the weapon has surprisingly little recoil, meaning we can focus our loadout on other areas like movement. We kick things off with the 10.5″ Task Force Barrel for a sizeable boost in both range and bullet speed, helping the KSP hold its own at longer distances.
Next, we’ve gone for the Light Weight Stock, Striker Foregrip, and Rustle Grip Tape. These offer buffs to movement speed, both while running and aiming, and ADS speed, allowing for a more aggressive style of play where you really get into enemies’ faces.
Finally, we chose Extended Mag A for an increase in ammo, so you don’t have to worry about running dry and reloading in a crucial gunfight.
Best Perks for CoD Mobile KSP 45 loadout
- Red Perk: Lightweight
- Green Perk: Vulture
- Blue Perk: Dead Silence
Our KSP 45 loadout has revolved around movement, and we think it’s best to double down once again with Lightweight, letting you tear across the map and push the opposing team.
- Read more: Best Oden loadout in CoD Mobile
Even with its three-round burst, it’s easy to burn through ammo quickly which can lead to a quick death. By using Vulture, you can pick up more bullets after each kill, so you can rack up a lengthy killstreak without constantly checking your reserves.
Lastly, since this weapon thrives in close-quarters combat, we recommend Dead Silence to allow you to sneak up on enemies with silent movement.
How to unlock KSP 45 in CoD Mobile
The KSP 45 is unlocked by reaching Tier 21 of the CoD Mobile Season 6 Battle Pass, which also happens to be one of the free tiers. This means you can try out the Cold War SMG without having to splash any cash if you don’t want to.
- Read more: CoD: Mobile Tournament Mode explained
If you haven’t reached Tier 21 by the time Season 6 draws to a close, don’t worry. When Season 7 kicks off you’ll still be to unlock the KSP 45 through an in-game challenge.
Best alternative to KSP 45 in CoD Mobile
The biggest drawback of the KSP 45 is the burst fire rate, which won’t suit everyone’s playstyle. If this is the case for you, then try the MAC-10 introduced back in Season 3.
While it’s far less accurate than the KSP 45, its ridiculous speed of fire makes it a beast at close-range.
For more Call of Duty on mobile, check out everything we know so far about the upcoming release of Warzone Mobile.
Image credits: Activision
Best KG M40 loadout for Warzone Pacific Season 4
Here are the attachments, Perks, and Equipment you need for the best loadout for the KG M40 Assault Rifle in...
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team promotion calendar: Every FUT special card
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team has a ton of special cards and promotions to dissect, so we've put together a calendar...
CoD Warzone 2: Leaks, rumors, platforms & release window
Activision are developing Warzone 2, so here's everything we know about the sequel to CoD's popular battle royale.