After receiving a patch on November 10, the Call of Duty: Vanguard developers have wasted no time in dropping a new patch that brings additional updates and fixes to all of the modes.
Vanguard is less than a week old and in this time players have found numerous bugs and glitches across the game. Luckily, Sledgehammer has acted fast in fixing several bugs before the first two major patches.
With the November 11 update, players can expect improvements to the Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies game modes.
CoD Vanguard Multiplayer Nov 11 update patch notes
The update is now live and ready to go. Load up Vanguard and take a look at the new changes.
Here are Sledgehammer’s patch notes for the update.
- Fixed a spawn trap in the cave on Numa Numa while playing Domination, Team Deathmatch, or Kill Confirmed
- Increased the point-blank range for sniper challenges
- Fixed spawning close to enemies on Desert Siege
- Fixed players spawning into a buy round with fists and no secondary weapons
- Fixed reticles challenges that were not tracking past the first challenge
- Incendiary rounds no loner trigger a fire death or burn damage voiceover on corpses
- Fixed the Secrets of the Pacific Get 3 wins challenge tracking losses as wins during FFA
- Fixed a messaging error in Champion Hill about purchasing the BAR when the weapon was not purchased
- Fixed the broken clan XP bar display after level 1
- Fixed a rare bug that causes your FoV slider to lock
- Fixed FFA losses recording as wins for operator challenges
- Fixed a rare crash on the MVP voting screen
- Combat Shield will now protect player’s backs once stowed
- Fixed Invisible player models in MVP voting and Play of the Game
- Fixed a bug affecting Constanze’s skin progression
- Operator Challenges no longer appear to reset after completion
- Inaccurate unlock requirements for Weapon Challenges now display correctly
Vanguard Zombies November 11 update patch notes
The Vanguard Zombies mode has been a disappointment to many. Perhaps these changes can contribute to a better overall experience.
Here are the Zombies patch notes:
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to get outside of the map
- Addressed issues with players who died in a downed state not transitioning properly to Spectator mode
- Fixed a bug that gave players the default pistol when downed instead of a Pack-a-Punched version, if they own one
- Camo Progression: All pistols challenges can now be properly completed
- Exfil: The kill count to Exfil now correctly tracks zombies killed
- Self-Revive: Addressed an issue where players wouldn’t receive Legendary Covenants at the Alter
- After-Action Report: Players are no longer returned to Lobby when attempting to view post-match unlocks
- Field Upgrades: Addressed an issue where players who recovered from being downed were unable to use Field Upgrades in rare instances.
Vanguard Campaign November 11 update patch note
Finally, let’s take a look at some of the changes introduced to Vanguard’s Campaign.
- Mid-level checkpoint save data has been invalidated for some
- Note: Players have not lost all of their campaign progress. Save loads will deliver players to the beginning of the latest level rather than their last checkpoint. This isn’t a common occurrence but was required for future patch processes.
That’s all for the patch notes folks. The above notes contain the new changes that came to Vanguard on November 11. If you missed the November 10 patch notes, be sure to check them out.
Image Credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games
Activision apologize for using artist’s design in now canceled Vanguard & Warzone skin
Activision have scrapped an unreleased Warzone and Vanguard skin after using an artist’s work without permission.
Activision admitted to the major misstep of using an artist’s work without permission. The original art was to feature in an upcoming Vanguard and Warzone skin that has since been axed.
Major content drops like new seasons or midseason updates deliver weapons, maps, and changes to Call of Duty games, but they also tend to bring brand-new skins to enjoy. Vanguard and Warzone have seen some noteworthy skins that certainly got players talking.
After all, who could forget the Armored Titan, or Godzilla and King Kong skins? At the start of Season 4 Reloaded, players also received a new Terminator crossover. However, teasers for Season 4 Reloaded also hinted at a mysterious wolf-like skin.
After the wolf skin was teased in an official Call of Duty blog post, it was later inexplicably removed and replaced from the very same post. It turns out, Activision used content that did not belong to them in order to create the aforementioned skin.
When the wolf skin was first teased, it certainly generated a ton of buzz, or rather raised a ton of eyebrows. The anthropomorphic Operator definitely sticks out in a WWII-era Call of Duty game. Nonetheless, fans were excited at the prospect of running around as a wolf in Warzone.
Unfortunately, that idea won’t come to fruition as Activision have confirmed that they completely removed the skin from their planned content drop for Season 4 Reloaded.
It seems Activision overstepping bounds is the reason behind the skin’s cancelation.
An artist claimed that the wolf skin, also known as Samoyed skin, was stolen without their permission. In a strange turn of events, Activision has issued an apology, seemingly confirming the artist’s claims.
In a statement, Activision admitted that they “regrettably erred in our process and have removed this imagery from the game,” apologizing for the misstep.
While fans may be disappointed to lose their chance at slaying in a furry wolf skin, most would agree that if the artist’s claims are legitimate, the greater injustice was corrected as nobody should have their work stolen without credit.
For more, check out how CoD players are thrilled with the rumored change to Modern Warfare 2’s movement.
Image Credit: Activision
When is the next Vanguard & Warzone Pacific Double XP event?
We have the dates and times for the next CoD: Vanguard and Warzone Pacific Double XP event to help you rank up weapons and the Battle Pass.
We’re past the Season 4 halfway point of Call of Duty action, and there’s still plenty of time to level up, prestige, and unlock weapons before Modern Warfare 2. Here are the full dates for the next Warzone and Vanguard Double XP weekends.
XP has been a vital component of Call of Duty’s multiplayer for many years. It’s the quintessential upgrade mechanic that allows you to increase your in-game level and provide you access to better gear and attachments.
Vanguard & Warzone Double XP dates
Call of Duty players can get Double XP by taking advantage of the Double XP promotional events that Activision put on.
Thanks to the Raven Software Trello board, we know when the next Warzone & Vanguard Double XP events are:
- Double XP event – All platforms: Thursday, August 4 – Thursday, August 11
- Double Weapon XP and Double Battle Pass XP
These special Double XP events are coming as part of Vanguard & Warzone’s Season 4 Reloaded. With major weapon buffs and nerfs, changes to the Fortune’s Keep map, and the new Vargo-S AR there is plenty of new content for players to sink their teeth into.
What time does CoD: Vanguard & Warzone Pacific Double XP start?
Here’s a full list of the usual Double XP event’s start time & dates in some of the key timezones:
- PT – 10:00 AM
- CT – 12:00 PM
- ET – 1:00 PM
- BST – 6:00 PM
These special Double XP events usually occur during a weekend, as it naturally gives players the most time as it’s away from school hours and generally when people are off work.
For more Call of Duty, find out everything you need to know about the next release in the legendary franchise, Modern Warfare 2.
Image Credit: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
Warzone & Vanguard players claim Terminator bundle was a huge “missed opportunity”
Call of Duty fans are disappointed with Warzone and Vanguard’s Terminator skin as they feel a huge opportunity for the bundle was missed.
Two Terminator bundles made their way to Warzone and Vanguard at the start of Season 4 Reloaded, but players feel as though a huge opportunity to bridge the two franchises was missed.
The Call of Duty franchise is no stranger to pop culture collaborations that bring unique bundles and skins to their games. These exciting new skins never fail to generate hype amongst players, but sometimes it’s for the wrong reasons.
We’ve seen players react poorly to the Attack on Titan Levi skin, while the Godzilla and King Kong skins were met with positive reviews. The Terminator skins were the latest to hit Vanguard and Warzone, but players are now claiming that the Call of Duty team missed a major opportunity to celebrate the Terminator franchise.
The Terminator T-800 Mastercraft Ultra Operator Bundle comes with several items including an Operator modeled after Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Terminator character in the films.
It also comes with three weapon blueprints, but fans of the Terminator films believe that this is where the crossover fails to deliver. One Reddit user calls the bundle “the biggest missed opportunity” as they point out: “they could have given the FINN LMG a minigun mastercraft skin.”
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Terminator famously operates a minigun and with the FiNN LMG in the game, players believed that a perfect opportunity to raise the authenticity of the collaboration was overlooked.
Ultimately, it seems like multiple players voiced their grievances with the bundles not pulling enough content from the movies. In addition to the minigun, Vanguard players were also disappointed to not see a version of the Winchester Model 1887 shotgun used in the films, especially when it’s used in his Highlight Intro.
As the OP puts it, there’s no excuse to overlook such a blatant addition as the “gun is even period correct.”
It remains to be seen if more unique collaborations are on the way in Vanguard and Warzone Season 5 after an Umbrella Academy crossover was leaked. It’s safe to assume that when popular franchises come together, expectations are high.
For more Call of Duty news, check out the latest on Warzone’s current meta, after major buffs to Modern Warfare weapons.
Image Credit: Activision
GTA V and Elden Ring could come to mobile with Xbox Cloud Gaming
Xbox Cloud Gaming could see both GTA V and Elden Ring come to mobile, as reports claim that plans are...
Every confirmed Modern Warfare 2 map so far
Here's a look at all of the multiplayer maps we'll see in Modern Warfare 2, thanks to new information from...
Apex Legends’ popularity reaches new heights after Season 14 update
With the release of Apex Legends Season 14, the Battle Royale game is experiencing an unprecedented amount of active players.