Treyarch has released a new game settings update for Black Ops Cold War on April 7.
The new update brought a new sniper rifle to Cold War and Warzone, bug fixes, and more updates across MP & Zombies.
The blog post from Treyarch also details what’s coming up for Black Ops Cold War this weekend, including Double XP for MP & Zombies starting April 8 and ending April 12.
ZRG 20MM, ZOMBIES UDPATES, CAMO FIXES + MORE
The heavy-duty ZRG 20mm sniper rifle is now available in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone as our sixth new weapon in Season Two! This devastating rifle fires massive 20mm rounds, packing more punch per shot than any other weapon in the Cold War sniper rifle class. Get your hands on the ZRG 20mm via in-game challenge or the “Jackpot Sniper” bundle, and drop into this week’s Snipers Only Moshpit to put your skills to the test.
Today, we’ve added a slew of new Zombies stability improvements in Outbreak, new gameplay updates in Dead Ops Arcade 3 and Onslaught, an out-of-bounds fix for Miami Strike, an increase to the damage of the RC-XD, and some additional fixes across the board. We’ve also addressed issues with progress tracking for the “Science” weapon camo challenges for Launchers and the “Classic” weapon camo challenges for the R1 Shadowhunter.
We’re currently tracking an issue with the R1 Shadowhunter appearing locked for some players after reaching 15/15 on their in-game challenge progress – please make sure to complete your matches when going for unlock challenges to ensure your progress is saved. As always, you can track these items and more at our Trello page.
COMING THIS WEEK
Get ready for more Season Two Reloaded content and features coming to Black Ops Cold War this week, including the introduction of Gunsmith Customs, the debut of Gunfight Tournaments with exclusive rewards, and the new Season Two Reloaded update for Gunfight Blueprints in MP!
We’re also bringing a four-day Double XP Weekend to Black Ops Cold War starting 10AM PT on April 8th through Monday, April 12th! With Season Three just around the corner, now’s the time to hit your next Prestige milestone before the next set of Prestige Levels comes online. For those who’ve already reached Prestige Master, you’ll continue to earn a new Prestige Key at every 50 levels to unlock legacy Prestige Emblems and Calling Cards at the Prestige Shop. Rise and grind.
Here’s what’s new since our last update:
- ZRG 20mm
- ZRG 20mm sniper rifle now available via in-game challenge or Store bundle.
- Addressed an issue with UI icon visuals for the “Oni” Reticle appearing too dark in the preview.
- Miami Strike
- Closed an out-of-bounds exploit area near the Parking Garage.
- Increased RC-XD damage to take down nearby enemies using Flak Jacket.
- Addressed an issue where the “Science” camo category for the RPG-7 wasn’t tracking properly.
- Addressed an issue where the “Classic” camo category for the R1 Shadowhunter wasn’t tracking properly.
- Addressed a stability issue related to Ammo Mods.
- Fixed crashes related to Objectives.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Krasny Soldat’s leap attack.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Dragon Relic.
- Addressed a stability issue related to Wall Buys.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Secure Objective.
- Added numerous stability fixes.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Adjusted XP rewards.
- Slightly adjusted some rewards for life donation.
- Adjusted time allotments for Wave 3 in the Room of Justice.
- Addressed an issue where the Bonus Room War Store not functioning as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the War Store wasn’t granting vehicles or a random one.
- Addressed a co-op issue where a player wouldn’t be warped into the Room of Fate if another player was dropping into the Room of Fate on a buggy or mech at the same time.
- Addressed an issue where various shield type objects (Barrels, Boxing Gloves, Sawblades, Tesla Balls) were not working as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s shield was not affecting the Meatball or Spider enemies as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the Tesla Ball wasn’t working against some enemies.
- Addressed an issue where the player wasn’t properly getting credited for kills while in vehicles for the “Damage Delivery” Challenge.
- Addressed an issue where leaderboards were not updated correctly at the end of match.
- Addressed an issue that caused Optics to be automatically unlocked on the R1 Shadowhunter crossbow.
- Adjusted difficulty scaling for higher Surges.
- Adjusted spawn rate and movement speed of enemies to match other modes.
- Added super sprinter enemies to Onslaught.
- Addressed a UI error that could appear upon selecting Player Details when using keyboard and mouse.
Black Ops Cold War players call for more Modern Warfare style weapon conversions
Black Ops Cold War players are asking the developers to take inspiration from Modern Warfare by adding more weapon conversions to the game.
Weapon conversions allow you to change how a weapon behaves in Modern Warfare drastically, and players are asking the developers to add more of them to Black Ops Cold War.
Modern Warfare had various weapon conversions that drastically altered how a weapon functions in combat. For example, the X16 came with different triggers to increase or decrease the rate of fire cap.
Reddit user Tsuikyit_The_VIP started a discussion about this in the Black Ops Cold War subreddit. They expressed their disappointment with the C58’s weapon conversion in the game.
“The 5.56 60 round drum completely takes away the 4HK potential and doesn’t change up any other stats,” wrote the user. “Much like the M4A1, it should’ve gotten a faster fire rate or reduced recoil to make up for the lack of a 5HK range, but it never got one.”
The Redditor then suggested that the devs should build off what Modern Warfare did by adding more weapon conversions to the game.
Many of the commenters agreed with this suggestion. Several players feel that the current selection of weapon alterations in Black Ops Cold War pales in comparison to what’s available in Modern Warfare.
“I don’t need 15 different optics choices on my weapons,” wrote one user. “Like, what am I gonna do with a sniper scope on my SMGs? Give me some .45 ACP ammo options or selector switch to fire my MX4 on 3 RND burst. “
Hopefully, the developers will continue to innovate the game as its lifecycle continues.
For more Black Ops Cold War, be sure to check out our article on the Field Mic glitch that gives players wallhacks or how to install the PS5 high-resolution texture packs for the first-person shooter.
Image credit: Activision / Treyarch
Crazy Cold War Field Mic glitch gives players wallhacks
A crazy new Field Mic glitch is allowing Black Ops Cold War players see enemies through walls in Season 4.
Black Ops Cold War players have discovered a crazy bug with the Field Mic Field Upgrade where it allows players to see through walls.
Black Ops Cold War Season 4 Reloaded brought a ton of extra content to the game, most notably the Mauer Der Toten Zombies map and the OTs 9 SMG. However, it appears to have also brought a game-changing Field Mic glitch.
The Field Mic is a powerful Field Upgrade in Black Ops Cold War, picking up enemy sounds and displaying them on your minimap. However, a crazy bug now allows players to use it to see enemies through walls.
Reddit user alison_bee was the player to reveal this glitch. As they went prone beside a friendly Field Mic, they could see the outline of an enemy through the dish. This enemy was actually on the other side of a wall, essentially giving the player wallhacks.
We can only assume that this is a glitch and not an intended feature for the Field Upgrade. There’s also no way of knowing when this bug arrived in the game. It could have been there since launch, but it’s likely that someone would have noticed it earlier than now, so it probably arrived with Season 4 Reloaded.
It appears that this glitch doesn’t pop up every time, with one player saying that it only happens if you see the Mic glowing blue. Others said that thermals make Field Upgrades glow blue, and since alison_bee was using a thermal scope, this could have caused the glitch.
If this glitch becomes more widespread, it could become a real problem – especially in more tactical modes such as Search and Destroy. It’s possible that the Cold Blooded or Spycraft Perks will protect you from this exploit, but there’s no way of knowing for sure.
This post picked up a ton of traction on the Cold War subreddit, so it’s likely that it’s now on Treyarch’s radar. There’s no way of predicting when this will be fixed, but we’re fast approaching Cold War and Warzone Season 5.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
How to set up Custom Games in Black Ops Cold War Season 4
Use our in-depth guide to learn how to set up your own Custom Games in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 4 has many weapons and modes for you to experiment with. Here’s how you can set up your own Custom Game.
For many players, the thought of stepping foot into CoD’s multiplayer is a terrifying prospect, and a quick warm-up against AI or friends is necessary. Or perhaps you want to test out a new weapon to see how it handles, but a competitive match won’t do it justice. Then a handy Custom Game is just the thing that you need.
The limitless freedom is what makes a Custom Game so handy. Black Ops Cold War has an ever-increasing roster of weapons and maps for players to dive into. Season 4 and its Reloaded update has really fleshed out the game with Mauer Der Toten vastly expanding the Zombies universe and new multiplayer maps to enjoy.
So let’s go over Custom Games and how you can set them up privately.
How to make a Custom Black Ops Cold War game
Here is how you can set up a Custom Game for yourself in Black Ops Cold War:
- Boot up Cold War
- Head to the Black Ops Cold War lobby screen
- Select ‘Custom Games’ from the bottom left
- Go down until you find ‘Edit Game Rules’
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Manipulate them until you are satisfied
You can alter the details of the match by changing the time limit, the number of times you can respawn, and how long it takes to do so. You can also change the round score and mess around with some of the more advanced settings. These advanced options will give you even more control over how the game goes.
Generally, you can choose to play against other players, but only those who you want to invite. You can also choose to play with bots so you have a bit of practice before initiating a private game. If you want to simply get a feel for the loadout, then turn the bot difficulty down.
When you’re in a Custom Game, you can take your time and go through various new guns like the C58 and MG 82 LMG, use their attachments, and see how they affect your ability to play. You won’t have to worry about being shot by other rowdy players who would ruin your concentration and keep you focused on your own survival the entire time.
How to make a Custom BOCW Zombies game
Setting up your own game of Zombies is generally very similar to the creation of a regular match.
Here is how you can set up a Custom Game for yourself:
- Open the Black Ops Cold War Zombies screen
- Press your right bumper or click on “Private” which is next to “Public”
- Create your own Custom Game
Where is the Custom Game button?
During one of the Black Ops Cold War updates, many people became concerned that Custom Games had been removed altogether. The reality is that Treyarch inadvertently moves it further down every now and again.
Due to the addition of so many different playlist options, Custom Games have been relegated to the bottom of the pile. Simply keep scrolling down through the modes, and you’ll see that it’s still there.
That should cover everything you need to know about setting up a Custom Game in Black Ops Cold War.
Also, check out the best Outbreak loadout for CoD: Black Ops Cold War.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
A cheat provider is unfortunately already offering hacks for Battlefield 2042
Battlefield 2042 isn't even out yet, but cheaters and hackers have already begun planning their way to ruin other players'...
World Series of Warzone EU Trios: Draft, teams, standings & stream
The World Series of Warzone is kicking competitive Warzone up a notch, and we have the teams, draft, standings and...
How to fix Call of Duty: Warzone dev error 5573
If you've been hit by Warzone dev error 5573 bug, here are some easy to follow steps to fix the...