Treyarch has released the latest game settings update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on all platforms on April 8.
This update has added in the Gunfight Tournaments feature to Black Ops Cold War, allowing players to go up against another duo in a bracket all operated by the game.
Double XP is now live in Black Ops Cold War MP, Zombies, and League Play. It will end on Monday, April 12 at 10AM PT. Treyarch says that Double XP will be live in Warzone from April 10 through April 12.
Treyarch has not mentioned when to expect Gunsmith Customs or the new Operator Rivas. Both were listed as coming this week, so stay tuned for updates.
NEW GUNFIGHT BLUEPRINTS, THROWBACK MOSHPIT + MORE
This week’s Featured Playlists see the debut of the Season Two Reloaded edition of Gunfight Blueprints, offering a new collection of the latest Weapon Blueprints to try out in 2v2 on our most frenetic maps, including the latest addition to the map rotation, Mansion.
Throwback Moshpit also makes its return in Multiplayer, offering a fast-paced mix of TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on some of the most classic maps in the Black Ops series: Raid, Express, and Nuketown. For all those old-school players looking for a good time this weekend, we got you… along with four straight days of Double XP.
DOUBLE XP WEEKEND BEGINS
Our four-day Double XP Weekend has begun in Black Ops Cold War, live now through 10AM PT Monday, April 12th! Season Three will be here before you know it, so make sure to hit that next Prestige Level before the next season’s Prestige journey kicks off. Note: Double XP will also be available in Warzone 10AM PT April 10th-12th.
We’ve also implemented some additional gameplay updates for Control in MP and Dead Ops Arcade 3 in Zombies. Here’s a look at what’s new in today’s update:
- Double XP Weekend
- Four days of Double XP now available in Multiplayer, Zombies, and League Play through 10AM PT Monday, April 12.
- Sixteen teams of two clash in a 2v2 single-elimination tournament for exclusive rewards. Win and move on to the next round. Lose, and you’re out.
- Register for a Tournament and get matched up with 31 other players of similar skill.
- Each Tournament is broken up into 4 Rounds: Preliminaries, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and the Tournament Finals.
- Each Tournament introduces new exclusive rewards as you win your way through the bracket. Rewards for the first Tournament include a new Emblem, Calling Card, Charm, and Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint.
- XP is also awarded as players win their way through each Tournament and can be earned repeatedly with each Tournament participation.
- Each segment captured by the Attackers will now add 20 seconds to the game clock. Time will no longer be added after capturing a single zone.
- Overtime Defense is now awarded to the team that captures the most zone segments in the previous rounds. In the event of a tiebreaker, the team with the most kills will be awarded Defense in Overtime.
- Also applies to CDL Control in League Play.
- Gunfight Tournament [NEW]
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- Throwback Moshpit (also available in Hardcore)
- Snipers Only Moshpit
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore)
- Prop Hunt
- Face Off (also available in Hardcore)
- Multi-Team Moshpit
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy was not spawning under certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue where the Gladiator enemy’s axes remained on the screen longer than intended.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Containment (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Nuketown (PS4/PS5)
- Onslaught Apocalypse (PS4/PS5)
Best Krig 6 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
Here are the best attachments and Perks to absolutely dominate with the Krig 6 Assault Rifle in CoD: Black Ops Cold War Season 5.
The Krig 6 still is one of the most accurate Assault Rifles in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 5, and possibly the game, and we’ve got the perfect Perks and attachments to help you become unstoppable.
This powerful Assault Rifle is incredible at close-to-mid-range and absolutely decimates at long-distance engagements. We even ranked the Krig 6 as Cold War’s best weapon in Treyarch’s latest Call of Duty title, so it’s absolutely worth having in at least one of your Black Ops Cold War loadouts.
On top of its CoD: Cold War supremacy, it’s also been an unbelievable gun in Call of Duty’s battle royale title too. If you’re looking for the best class in Warzone, you can check out our Krig 6 Warzone loadout.
Here’s the best combination of attachments and perks for your Krig 6 in Black Ops Cold War Season 5 Reloaded.
Best Black Ops Cold War Krig 6 attachments
- Optic: Microflex LED
- Muzzle: Infantry Compensator
- Barrel: 19.7″ Ranger
- Body: Ember Sighting Point
- Underbarrel: Field Agent Grip
- Magazine: 40 Rnd
- Handle: Airborne Elastic Wrap
- Stock: Raider Stock
With the Gunfighter Wildcard equipped, the Krig can hold up to eight attachments, so we’ve started with the Microflex LED sight for precise shots at any range. To improve the weapon’s accuracy even further, the Infantry Compensator and Field Agent Grip will make vertical recoil almost non-existent.
As you’ll want to hold down long lines of sight, you’ll need a high bullet velocity to take out targets quickly at any range. To do this, the 19.7″ Ranger barrel is an excellent choice.
For the Krig 6’s body, we’ve applied the Ember Sighting Point. Not only will you be able to hip-fire with deadly accuracy if the situation arises, but the torch will also reveal enemies, counteracting some of Black Ops Cold War’s visibility issues.
The 40 Rnd Magazine bolsters its ammo capacity, allowing you to take out several targets without reloading, and you can even afford to miss a few shots in a firefight.
Next, we have the Airborne Elastic Wrap for our handle as it greatly increases your ADS and allows you to get firing much quicker. Plus, it nullifies most flinch resistance effects too.
The final attachment you should run is the Raider Stock which gives your Aim Walking Movement speed a healthy bonus, making yourself a hard target to hit while strafe shooting.
Best Perks to run with Black Ops Cold War’s Krig 6
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket
- Perk 2: Scavenger
- Perk 3: Ghost
While holding down lanes and defending Hardpoints or flags in Domination, expect a shower of Frag Grenades and Semtex to come your way. Flak Jacket will keep you protected from explosives, which is vital to staying alive and keeping killstreaks going.
To make sure you can hold onto your devastating Krig 6, Scavenger will allow you to resupply ammo on the fly. Finally, to further preserve your life, Ghost will keep you hidden from enemy Spy Planes, allowing for effective flanks and ambushes.
Most recent Krig 6 buffs and nerfs in Cold War
Treyarch has left the Krig 6 Assault Rifle alone for quite some time now which shows how much the devs feel the Krig 6 is balanced right now.
Here is the extent of the Krig 6 changes:
- Reduced range penalty on Agency Suppressor muzzle attachment from 30% to 25%.
How to unlock the Krig 6 in Black Ops Cold War
The Krig 6 is simple to unlock in Black Ops Cold War. You just need to play the game until you reach Level 16.
Completing challenges, taking advantage of Double XP events, and racking up high killstreaks will all be massive contributors to ranking up fast. Once you hit Level 16, you’ll have access to the Krig 6 in Cold War and Warzone.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s Krig 6
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Cold War Zombies players furious as update deletes camo progress
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies camo is being affected after a recent update has reset camo progress for many players.
The newest Black Ops Cold War game settings update has ruined Zombies camo progress for many by resetting their accomplishments and stats.
Completing and unlocking camos is a big deal for many Call of Duty players, as the thrill of seeing hard work pay off is a huge buzz.
Whether it’s Diamond, Damascus, or Dark Matter, being able to equip these cool camos with your favorite guns is a great visual. Treyarch made it so that players could also unlock camos through specific Zombies challenges so that they didn’t feel forced to play multiplayer.
However, one of Black Ops Cold War’s “Game Settings update” improvements has inadvertently deleted Zombie camo unlock progress for many.
Posted in the official Call of Duty Zombies subreddit, a video from user noeltorious brought attention to the changes made by the latest game settings update.
The player showed off two different versions of their Marshal Shotgun, one with a standard look, and one that had the Dark Aether camo.
In one loadout, they hovered over all the hardest-to-unlock camos, and they were all locked, despite the challenges underneath showing that the requirement had been fulfilled.
The player then went to a loadout where the Marshal actually had the Dark Aether camo equipped, but despite the camo being applied to the weapon, it still showed up as locked.
One frustrated player stated that: “Nah nah, if this happens I’m going to be so f*cking pissed, all my hard work, so close to Dark Aether, I’m never touching cod again.”
This seems like a pretty big change and glitch in the system that is affecting a lot of Cold War players. We would imagine it’s something that Treyarch will be looking at as soon as they can.
Also, check out the first Cold War Season 6 Zombies map teasers.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Cold War September 16 update patch notes: Nuketown 12v12, Zombies fixes, more
Treyarch has released another Cold War update, bringing the chaotic Nuketown 12v12 as well as fixing some Zombies issues.
Treyarch has released another update for Black Ops Cold War Season 5, adding Nuketown 12v12 and fixing issues with the Zombies mode.
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 Reloaded continues with the September 16 patch notes. In this update, the devs “turn up the chaos” by adding Nuketown 12v12, which will be available in both Core and Hardcore modes. Gunfight Blueprints also return for those looking for more tactical gameplay.
It also brings Zombies updates with stability “stability fixes related to Trials, joining matches in progress, the Black Chest World Event in Outbreak.” On top of that, they’ve changed the LT53 Kazimir from Rare to Epic to help with recognition.
Cold War Season 6 is on the horizon, and the devs have teased that “more intel on what’s to come at the launch of Season Six” next week.
Cold War September 16 patch notes
- Nuketown 12v12 [NEW] (Also available in Hardcore)
- Zoo 24/7(Also available in Hardcore)
- Demolition(Also available in Hardcore)
- Gunfight Blueprints
- Face Off 6v6(Also available in Hardcore)
- 12v12 Moshpit(Also available in Hardcore)
- Party Games (now featuring Double Agent)
- Added stability fixes related to joining matches in progress, the Black Chest World Event in Outbreak, zombies using projectiles on vehicles, and Trials.
- Changed the rarity of the LT53 Kazimir from Rare to Epic to assist with item recognition.
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Dead Ops Arcade 3: First Person
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Drive-In (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Diminishing Light (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
For more Call of Duty content, you can check out how to play in Vanguard’s Open Beta, which goes live for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC players this weekend.
Image Credit: Activision
CoD: Vanguard Killstreaks list: V2 Rocket, Attack Dogs & more
Call of Duty: Vanguard has taken Multiplayer back to Killstreaks, bringing back some fan-favorites, as well as introducing some new...
Call of Duty: Vanguard Ammo types and what they do
Players will be able to utilize various kinds of ammo types in Call of Duty: Vanguard to give them different...
Best Gallo SA12 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 5
Find out how to make the powerful Gallo SA12 Shotgun an even bigger beast in Warzone Season 5 with the...