Treyarch Studios have released the patch notes for the Black Ops Cold War August 17 update, and we have all of their exciting content covered for you.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 5 is officially underway, and it has brought plenty of exciting pieces of content for players to enjoy, such as the Tec-9 SMG, EM2 Assault Rifle, Cane melee weapon, and various weapon buffs and nerfs.
However, Treyarch is still working on making changes and adding new content, such as the Marshal shotgun, for the popular first-person shooter, which was the focus of the Cold War August 17 update patch notes.
You can find everything you need to know about what the Cold War August 17 update patch notes are bringing to the game below:
Cold War August 17 update patch notes
ZOMBIES UPDATES, STABILITY FIXES + MORE
Today’s quick update brings some new stability improvements to Double Agent, gameplay updates and stability fixes for Zombies, plus more details on some quality-of-life updates introduced in our previous update (see below). These include the reduction of the LT53 Kazimir’s Salvage cost in Zombies, the ability to disable Pack-a-Punch camo application, and Custom Mod support for Launchers, Special weapons, and Melee weapons.
We’ve corrected one change that slipped through the cracks with last week’s round of weapon tuning: reducing the Bullet Velocity penalty on the Agency Suppressor attachment on assault rifles from -30% to -15%. That’s fixed today.
There’s also a little something we added to “Mauer der Toten” last week that still hasn’t been discovered. Nothing crazy! Just a bit of fun. Let us know on Twitter when you think you’ve found it
THE MARSHAL DROPS TOMORROW
Ready for another new weapon in Season Five? How about a badass shotgun-pistol hybrid that can set your enemies on fire?
Starting tomorrow, you can get your hands on the new Marshal secondary weapon via in-game challenge or Store Bundle. We’ve been having a blast with this beauty in development, and it’s especially savage when dual-wielded in Zombies. Have fun!
Here’s what’s new since our previous update:
- Assault Rifles (All)
- Reduced Bullet Velocity penalty on Agency Suppressor attachment from -30% to -15%.
- Custom Mods
- Full Custom Mod support added for Launchers, Special weapons, and Melee weapons. [August 12]
- Double Agent
- Fixed various stability issues encountered in Double Agent.
- Fixed stability issues related to the Death Perception Perk, Outbreak World Events, Outbreak Jump Pads, and the Disciple enemy.
- Added improvements to the triggering conditions for the Omega Helicopter.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the player from receiving the correct amount of Salvage from the Omega Helicopter when Death Perception is equipped.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Omega Helicopter to unintentionally spawn and activate on initial player spawn locations.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Holdout Objective lighting from turning off after completing the Objective in Collateral.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Disciple’s drain attack beam from appearing when used against Objective targets.
- LT53 Kazimir
- Salvage cost reduced from 2,000 to 1,500. [August 12]
- Addressed an issue that allowed duplication of the LT53 Kazimir.
- Players can now prevent the application of Pack-a-Punch camos on weapons by using a melee attack on the Pack-a-Punch Machine before packing the weapon. [August 12]
- Players can also lock in the Pack-a-Punch Tier I or Tier II camo by using a melee attack on the machine after packing the weapon to their preferred tier.
- Added “Train Inbound” notification to subtitles when a train is approaching in “Mauer der Toten” for players with hearing loss. [August 12]
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch Studios
When is the next Vanguard & Warzone Pacific Double XP event?
We have the dates and times for the next CoD: Vanguard and Warzone Pacific Double XP event to help you...
How to unlock Lienna 57 in Warzone & Vanguard Season 5 Reloaded
Here's how you can unlock the brand-new Lienna 57 LMG in the Warzone Pacific and Vanguard Season 5 Reloaded update.
FIFA 23 custom tactics guide: Best formations & player instructions
Here's a guide to the best FIFA 23 custom tactics and formations to implement so you can dominate Ultimate Team.