Treyarch Studios has released a brand new July 20 update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and we have all of the patch notes covered for you.
However, this has not stopped Treyarch from making updates to the game and fixing various issues that have arisen following the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Cold War July 20 update patch notes
“MAUER DER TOTEN” IMPROVEMENTS + MORE
Today’s update includes several improvements for “Mauer der Toten” and Outbreak in Zombies, including various stability fixes, Main Quest bug fixes, updates to Klaus’s behavior, and more.
On the Multiplayer front, we’ve added Rush to the map rotation for several core modes and removed Cranked Hardpoint from NukeJacked 24/7. Check the patch notes below for the full details.
PS5 HIGH RESOLUTION TEXTURE PACKS
Starting today, PlayStation®5 players will be able to download new High-Resolution Texture Packs for the best visual experience going forward. These packs will no longer be installed by default and will need to be downloaded manually for MP, Zombies, and Dead Ops Arcade 3.
Note: If you’ve skipped the one-time download prompt when booting up during Season Four Reloaded, you can find the packs available for download in the in-game Franchise Store.
Here’s what’s new in today’s update:
- Addressed an issue where the Social button could disappear if the player kicked another player from their party, which could cause the Social tab from functioning properly.
- Moved the Nail Gun to the correct location in the Special Weapons category.
High Resolution Texture Packs (PlayStation 5)
- PlayStation 5 players will have high resolution textures moved to opt-in downloadable packs for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Dead Ops Arcade 3. These will no longer be installed by default, and players will need to download these packs for the best visual experience going forward.
- Upon boot-up, players will be prompted to install the packs or cancel the download. If the player cancels, these packs will be available for download via the in-game Store.
- Added Rush to the following modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Hardpoint, Control, Kill Confirmed, Search and Destroy, Free-For-All, VIP Escort, and Snipers Only Moshpit.
- Removed Cranked Hardpoint from NukeJacked 24/7.
“Mauer der Toten”
- Added various stability fixes related to the Main Quest, Boss Battle, and CRBR-S Wonder Weapon.
- Reduced the number of Krasny Soldat spawns at higher rounds.
- Addressed an issue that caused Klaus to sometimes attack a friendly Brain-Rotted zombie.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause zombies to use their ranged attack despite the player being in an accessible location.
- Wonder Weapons
- The CRBR-S Wonder Weapon will no longer time out if it is not taken from the opened safe after a period of time.
- Main Quest
- Addressed an issue that caused players to become stuck when remaining on a ladder during a Boss Battle teleport.
- Addressed an issue that prevented a Special Round from triggering immediately when entering the Lab if the match was currently between rounds.
- Addressed an issue that caused a carried quest item to appear on screen and sometimes block weapon fire while the player was walking backwards.
- Addressed an issue that could show Klaus as visibly holding his weapon and a quest item at the same time.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to receive an erroneous “Not Enough Essence” message when approaching the Arsenal.
- Fixed a crash related to transitioning between Regions in Outbreak.
- Addressed an issue that caused Shatter Blast to deal more damage than intended.
- Fixed a crash related to Tombstone Soda.
While some of the additions to the Black Ops Cold War via the Season 4 Reloaded update have not been fan-favorites like the difficult unlock challenge for the OTs 9 SMG, there is no doubt that the community will be happy to see the fixes and additions Treyarch made in the July 20 update.
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Treyarch Studios
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Treyarch confirm Jungle map remaster & new weapon arriving in Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War devs Treyarch have confirmed a new long-range weapon and Jungle map remaster coming soon.
Treyarch have confirmed brand-new content is on the way for Black Ops Cold War, including a new weapon and remastered version of the classic Jungle map.
Now, Treyarch have announced more new additions that they have planned for Black Ops Cold War in May and beyond, including a long-range weapon and a remastered version of a classic Call of Duty map.
Cold War Jungle map remaster release date
Treyarch confirmed that the remastered Jungle map will make its way to Black Ops Cold War on Friday, May 6. The new map hit the game at 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM UK.
Treyarch originally confirmed their plans for brand-new Call of Duty content in a blog post on April 14, including the addition of the classic map Jungle. When the map hits the game on May 6, players will be able to jump into a Jungle 24/7 playlist.
When this map first made its debut, it consisted of a ruined village and military base near a river in the middle of a Vietnamese jungle. Players could take advantage of its many slopes and ladders to move quickly between levels.
Jungle won over players with its impressive layout and was added to other CoD titles like Black Ops III and Black Ops 4. Now, a remastered version will be added to Cold War’s standard 6v6 playlists in a new update.
New Cold War weapon
Adding new weapons often shakes up the meta of CoD titles, so we can expect major changes after this new content drop arrives.
For more Black Ops Cold War, be sure to check out Treyarch confirming that Cold War won’t receive more Zombies maps as well as the leaked Scythe weapon and its unlock requirements.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Warzone expert proves buffed AR to make a comeback in Season 3 Reloaded
After completely falling out of the meta, a buff from the Warzone Season 3 Reloaded update could result in the...
Can you play Apex Legends Mobile with a controller?
Apex Legends Mobile has arrived on Android and iOS. Here's everything you need to know about the game's controller support.
Dr Disrespect claims “marketing is saving Call of Duty” in response to MW2
During a recent stream, Dr Disrespect vented his feelings towards the marketing behind Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty...