Treyarch Studios has released a brand new July 20 update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and we have all of the patch notes covered for you.
However, this has not stopped Treyarch from making updates to the game and fixing various issues that have arisen following the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Cold War July 20 update patch notes
“MAUER DER TOTEN” IMPROVEMENTS + MORE
Today’s update includes several improvements for “Mauer der Toten” and Outbreak in Zombies, including various stability fixes, Main Quest bug fixes, updates to Klaus’s behavior, and more.
On the Multiplayer front, we’ve added Rush to the map rotation for several core modes and removed Cranked Hardpoint from NukeJacked 24/7. Check the patch notes below for the full details.
PS5 HIGH RESOLUTION TEXTURE PACKS
Starting today, PlayStation®5 players will be able to download new High-Resolution Texture Packs for the best visual experience going forward. These packs will no longer be installed by default and will need to be downloaded manually for MP, Zombies, and Dead Ops Arcade 3.
Note: If you’ve skipped the one-time download prompt when booting up during Season Four Reloaded, you can find the packs available for download in the in-game Franchise Store.
Here’s what’s new in today’s update:
- Addressed an issue where the Social button could disappear if the player kicked another player from their party, which could cause the Social tab from functioning properly.
- Moved the Nail Gun to the correct location in the Special Weapons category.
High Resolution Texture Packs (PlayStation 5)
- PlayStation 5 players will have high resolution textures moved to opt-in downloadable packs for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Dead Ops Arcade 3. These will no longer be installed by default, and players will need to download these packs for the best visual experience going forward.
- Upon boot-up, players will be prompted to install the packs or cancel the download. If the player cancels, these packs will be available for download via the in-game Store.
- Added Rush to the following modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Hardpoint, Control, Kill Confirmed, Search and Destroy, Free-For-All, VIP Escort, and Snipers Only Moshpit.
- Removed Cranked Hardpoint from NukeJacked 24/7.
“Mauer der Toten”
- Added various stability fixes related to the Main Quest, Boss Battle, and CRBR-S Wonder Weapon.
- Reduced the number of Krasny Soldat spawns at higher rounds.
- Addressed an issue that caused Klaus to sometimes attack a friendly Brain-Rotted zombie.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause zombies to use their ranged attack despite the player being in an accessible location.
- Wonder Weapons
- The CRBR-S Wonder Weapon will no longer time out if it is not taken from the opened safe after a period of time.
- Main Quest
- Addressed an issue that caused players to become stuck when remaining on a ladder during a Boss Battle teleport.
- Addressed an issue that prevented a Special Round from triggering immediately when entering the Lab if the match was currently between rounds.
- Addressed an issue that caused a carried quest item to appear on screen and sometimes block weapon fire while the player was walking backwards.
- Addressed an issue that could show Klaus as visibly holding his weapon and a quest item at the same time.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to receive an erroneous “Not Enough Essence” message when approaching the Arsenal.
- Fixed a crash related to transitioning between Regions in Outbreak.
- Addressed an issue that caused Shatter Blast to deal more damage than intended.
- Fixed a crash related to Tombstone Soda.
While some of the additions to the Black Ops Cold War via the Season 4 Reloaded update have not been fan-favorites like the difficult unlock challenge for the OTs 9 SMG, there is no doubt that the community will be happy to see the fixes and additions Treyarch made in the July 20 update.
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Treyarch Studios
How to set up Custom Games in Black Ops Cold War Season 4
Use our in-depth guide to learn how to set up your own Custom Games in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 4.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 4 has many weapons and modes for you to experiment with. Here’s how you can set up your own Custom Game.
For many players, the thought of stepping foot into CoD’s multiplayer is a terrifying prospect, and a quick warm-up against AI or friends is necessary. Or perhaps you want to test out a new weapon to see how it handles, but a competitive match won’t do it justice. Then a handy Custom Game is just the thing that you need.
The limitless freedom is what makes a Custom Game so handy. Black Ops Cold War has an ever-increasing roster of weapons and maps for players to dive into. Season 4 and its Reloaded update has really fleshed out the game with Mauer Der Toten vastly expanding the Zombies universe and new multiplayer maps to enjoy.
So let’s go over Custom Games and how you can set them up privately.
How to make a Custom Black Ops Cold War game
Here is how you can set up a Custom Game for yourself in Black Ops Cold War:
- Boot up Cold War
- Head to the Black Ops Cold War lobby screen
- Select ‘Custom Games’ from the bottom left
- Go down until you find ‘Edit Game Rules’
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Manipulate them until you are satisfied
You can alter the details of the match by changing the time limit, the number of times you can respawn, and how long it takes to do so. You can also change the round score and mess around with some of the more advanced settings. These advanced options will give you even more control over how the game goes.
Generally, you can choose to play against other players, but only those who you want to invite. You can also choose to play with bots so you have a bit of practice before initiating a private game. If you want to simply get a feel for the loadout, then turn the bot difficulty down.
When you’re in a Custom Game, you can take your time and go through various new guns like the C58 and MG 82 LMG, use their attachments, and see how they affect your ability to play. You won’t have to worry about being shot by other rowdy players who would ruin your concentration and keep you focused on your own survival the entire time.
How to make a Custom BOCW Zombies game
Setting up your own game of Zombies is generally very similar to the creation of a regular match.
Here is how you can set up a Custom Game for yourself:
- Open the Black Ops Cold War Zombies screen
- Press your right bumper or click on “Private” which is next to “Public”
- Create your own Custom Game
Where is the Custom Game button?
During one of the Black Ops Cold War updates, many people became concerned that Custom Games had been removed altogether. The reality is that Treyarch inadvertently moves it further down every now and again.
Due to the addition of so many different playlist options, Custom Games have been relegated to the bottom of the pile. Simply keep scrolling down through the modes, and you’ll see that it’s still there.
That should cover everything you need to know about setting up a Custom Game in Black Ops Cold War.
Also, check out the best Outbreak loadout for CoD: Black Ops Cold War.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
How to get Warzone & Cold War Thrust Engine Blueprint
The Engine Thrust Blueprint has arrived in Warzone and Black Ops Cold War, find out how to acquire it with our quick and easy guide.
The Special Ops Pro Pack is a new bundle in Call of Duty: Warzone and Cold War Season 4. It comes with many cool items, including the new Thrust Engine Blueprint, and our guide will show you how to get it.
Special skins and weapon Blueprints help to prolong longevity in Call of Duty as players get drawn to these stunning new cosmetics. Whether it’s running around looking like Rambo and John McClane, or wielding a gun that is a literal dragon, items like this keep people coming back.
The July 22, 2021 update saw some new bundles be added to the CoD store, one of which includes the glorious new Thrust Engine Blueprint.
Check our quick guide to see how you can grab it yourself.
Warzone & Cold War Thrust Engine Blueprint Guide: How to buy & price
To claim the bundle for yourself, you’ll just need to do the following:
- Boot up either ‘Black Ops Cold War’ or ‘Warzone’
- Head on over to the ‘Store’ tab
- Search through the Bundles until you see the ‘Special Ops Pro Pack’
- Select it, and use COD Points to purchase the bundle
- Now equip any items from the bundle you desire!
If you’re looking to buy it, the Special Ops Pro Pack will set you back $19.99 / £16.79
What items do you get with the Special Ops Pro Pack Bundle?
The main Operator skin and weapon Blueprint aren’t the be-all and end-all for everyone, so it’s important to know everything that comes with the bundle.
Here’s what you get with the Special Ops Pro Pack Bundle:
- Hypersonic Operator Skin
- Sound Barrier SMG Blueprint
- Thrust Engine Assault Rifle Blueprint
- Ace Pilot Calling Card
- Challenge Coin Emblem
- 2,400 COD Points
The COD Points are a decent part of this bundle as it can pay for more Bundles, or even pay for the Season 5 Battle Pass.
Also, check out the new CoD: Mobile Undead Siege Zombies game mode.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
Black Ops Cold War players call for major change to Special weapons
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War community is calling for Treyarch to make a major change to the Special weapons category.
Special weapons are some of the most unique and exciting items in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, but community members are calling for Treyarch Studios to make a major change to how they operate.
There are various categories of weapons that players can use to battle their enemies in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The game has the standard Assualt Rifles, SMGs, LMGs, Pistols, and more.
However, it also has a category known as Special weapons, which consist of unconventional weapons that allow players to collect some highlight and adrenaline-fueled kills.
While these weapons can be extremely powerful, Black Ops Cold War players have begun to call for a major change in how the Special weapons can be used in the game.
Taking to the official Black Ops Cold War subreddit, community member -Lusty- started a thread stating that they wished that the Special weapons had attachments players could equip like all of the other weapon categories in Cold War.
Many other players agreed as they wish there were attachments available for the Black Ops Cold War Special weapons that would allow them to change the playstyle of the weapons or offer new ways to use these items.
An example was given by community member springsight, who commented that they would like to see things like smoke rounds for the M97 Grenade Launcher.
“I want something that makes the launcher actually viable. Give me smoke rounds, flash rounds, semtex rounds, I just want to make things go boom :(.”
There is no doubt that the addition of attachments to the M97 Grenade Launcher, Ballistic Knife, Nail Gun, and R1 Shadowhunter Crossbow would make for even more exciting moments for Black Ops Cold War players to experience.
For more Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, check out how to play Season 4 Reloaded Multiplayer and Zombies content for free, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch Studios
Best Streetsweeper Shotgun Loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 4
The streetsweeper is an insanely powerful shotgun in Warzone Season 4 Reloaded, so here is the best loadout for this...
Warzone players call for Payload game mode to get major changes
Warzone's latest game mode, Payload, introduces a fun new way to play. However, it seems players have some issues with...
How to defeat Riot for Fortnite Season 7 Week 7 Quest
Here's how you can quickly complete the Fortnite Week 7 Epic Quest to find and defeat the NPC Riot which...