Treyarch Studios has released a brand new July 20 update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and we have all of the patch notes covered for you.
However, this has not stopped Treyarch from making updates to the game and fixing various issues that have arisen following the Season 4 Reloaded update.
Cold War July 20 update patch notes
“MAUER DER TOTEN” IMPROVEMENTS + MORE
Today’s update includes several improvements for “Mauer der Toten” and Outbreak in Zombies, including various stability fixes, Main Quest bug fixes, updates to Klaus’s behavior, and more.
On the Multiplayer front, we’ve added Rush to the map rotation for several core modes and removed Cranked Hardpoint from NukeJacked 24/7. Check the patch notes below for the full details.
PS5 HIGH RESOLUTION TEXTURE PACKS
Starting today, PlayStation®5 players will be able to download new High-Resolution Texture Packs for the best visual experience going forward. These packs will no longer be installed by default and will need to be downloaded manually for MP, Zombies, and Dead Ops Arcade 3.
Note: If you’ve skipped the one-time download prompt when booting up during Season Four Reloaded, you can find the packs available for download in the in-game Franchise Store.
Here’s what’s new in today’s update:
- Addressed an issue where the Social button could disappear if the player kicked another player from their party, which could cause the Social tab from functioning properly.
- Moved the Nail Gun to the correct location in the Special Weapons category.
High Resolution Texture Packs (PlayStation 5)
- PlayStation 5 players will have high resolution textures moved to opt-in downloadable packs for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Dead Ops Arcade 3. These will no longer be installed by default, and players will need to download these packs for the best visual experience going forward.
- Upon boot-up, players will be prompted to install the packs or cancel the download. If the player cancels, these packs will be available for download via the in-game Store.
- Added Rush to the following modes: Team Deathmatch, Domination, Hardpoint, Control, Kill Confirmed, Search and Destroy, Free-For-All, VIP Escort, and Snipers Only Moshpit.
- Removed Cranked Hardpoint from NukeJacked 24/7.
“Mauer der Toten”
- Added various stability fixes related to the Main Quest, Boss Battle, and CRBR-S Wonder Weapon.
- Reduced the number of Krasny Soldat spawns at higher rounds.
- Addressed an issue that caused Klaus to sometimes attack a friendly Brain-Rotted zombie.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause zombies to use their ranged attack despite the player being in an accessible location.
- Wonder Weapons
- The CRBR-S Wonder Weapon will no longer time out if it is not taken from the opened safe after a period of time.
- Main Quest
- Addressed an issue that caused players to become stuck when remaining on a ladder during a Boss Battle teleport.
- Addressed an issue that prevented a Special Round from triggering immediately when entering the Lab if the match was currently between rounds.
- Addressed an issue that caused a carried quest item to appear on screen and sometimes block weapon fire while the player was walking backwards.
- Addressed an issue that could show Klaus as visibly holding his weapon and a quest item at the same time.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to receive an erroneous “Not Enough Essence” message when approaching the Arsenal.
- Fixed a crash related to transitioning between Regions in Outbreak.
- Addressed an issue that caused Shatter Blast to deal more damage than intended.
- Fixed a crash related to Tombstone Soda.
While some of the additions to the Black Ops Cold War via the Season 4 Reloaded update have not been fan-favorites like the difficult unlock challenge for the OTs 9 SMG, there is no doubt that the community will be happy to see the fixes and additions Treyarch made in the July 20 update.
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Treyarch Studios
When is the next Cold War & Warzone Double XP event?
We have the dates and times for the next CoD: Cold War and Warzone Season 6 Double XP event to help you rank up weapons and Battle Passes.
With so many Prestige levels, different weapon levels, and Battle Pass levels in Cold War and Warzone in Season 6, it’s only natural to want more XP. Here’s when the next CoD Double XP event is going to be.
XP has been a vital component of Call of Duty’s multiplayer for many years. It’s the quintessential upgrade mechanic that allows you to increase your in-game level and provide you access to better gear and attachments.
It’s now time for another one where players will be able to level up all of the new content at a much faster pace.
How to get Double XP in CoD: Cold War & Warzone Season 6
It’s been announced that Call of Duty’s next Double XP promotional event will be for Warzone and Black Ops Cold War and will officially start on October 22 and end on October 15 with a second Double XP Weekend taking place between October 29 and November 1.
What time does CoD: Cold War & Warzone Double XP start?
Here’s a full list of the Double XP event’s start time & dates in some of the key timezones:
- EST – 1:00 PM
- CST – 12:00 PM
- PST – 10:00 AM
- GMT – 5:00 PM
These special Double XP Events usually occur during a weekend, as it naturally gives players the most free time as it’s away from school hours and generally when people are off work.
This will be a great way to level up the new Season 6 Battle Pass to earn the new Grav Assault Rifle and .410 Ironhide Shotgun weapons and get them ready to use in all of your future Cold War and Warzone battles.
Also, check out all the details on Call of Duty: Vanguard, including its release date, gameplay, and more.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
Best LAPA loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 6
The LAPA is the final SMG to arrive in Black Ops Cold War and the here’s how to make the best Season 6 loadout with attachments and Perks.
The LAPA SMG has been added in Cold War Season 6 and looks to send Treyarch’s shooter off in style. So to celebrate it, here’s the best LAPA loadout you can put together, attachments, and Perks, and all.
- Best Cold War LAPA loadout attachments
- Best Perks to run with the LAPA in Cold War Season 6
- How to unlock the LAPA in Cold War Season 6
- Best alternatives to the LAPA in Cold War Season 6
Best Cold War LAPA loadout attachments
- Optic: Microflex LED
- Muzzle: Agency Suppressor
- Barrel: 10.2″ Ranger
- Underbarrel: Field Agent Grip
- Magazine: Vandal Speed Loader
To make a great LAPA SMG loadout, we begin with a simple Microflex LED optic to improve its visual cleanliness.
The Agency Suppressor is a tried and trusted attachment that emphasizes vertical recoil reduction and aids concealment. Whereas the 10.2″ Ranger barrel provides some very welcome range and bullet velocity.
To round this loadout off, we’ve opted for the ever-popular Field Agent Grip for a massive recoil boost and the Vandal Speed Loader sacrifices a tiny bit of ADS speed for more starting ammo and greatly reduced reload speeds.
Best Perks to run with the LAPA in Cold War Season 6
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket / Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger / Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost / Ninja
You only need five attachments for the LAPA SMG in Cold War, meaning Perk Greed can be selected to allow an extra Perk in each slot.
Flak Jacket is immensely useful for overcoming the large number of explosives and Scorestreaks you’ll face in each match of Cold War. Whereas the Tactical Mask is vital to surviving the large number of Gas Mines that will also be placed.
With the LAPA being an SMG, there’s always the chance you’ll munch your way through clips of ammo, so Scavenger will keep your ammo count healthy. Assassin is a nice way of earning bonus points during games and will help you to earn some of the game’s higher Scorestreaks.
Our last two Perks are Ghost, which will hide you from Spy Planes, and Ninja will allow you to run more quietly, freeing you up in a way.
How to unlock the LAPA in Cold War Season 6
The LAPA is available to players that successfully complete all 9 challenges for The Haunting event, on either Black Ops Cold War or Warzone.
Follow our guide on how to complete The Haunting challenges to unlock LAPA SMG to add this powerful weapon to your inventory.
Best alternatives to the LAPA in Cold War Season 6
And that’s everything you need to build the best LAPA loadout in Black Ops Cold War Season 6! You can also check out our weapons tier list for the best gun overall.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
How to open Scare Packages in Black Ops Cold War multiplayer & Zombies
One of The Haunting challenges players with opening a Scare Package in Black Ops Cold War, here’s how to do it in multiplayer and Zombies.
Scare Packages have dropped into Black Ops Cold War’s The Haunting event, and players are tasked with opening one of these spooky supply drops for a challenge. Here’s where you can find them in Cold War multiplayer and Zombies.
Among the new skins and maps is a host of creepy challenges to be completed, one of which asks players to open an aptly named Scare Package in multiplayer or Zombies.
Here’s our guide to completing this challenge in both modes.
How to open Scare Packages in multiplayer
Scare Packages come as reskinned versions of the normal Care Packages called in as a Scorestreak. You’ll be able to them apart thanks to their orange color and the Halloweeny music that plays when the helicopters drop it off.
Coming across Scare Packages in multiplayer is probably the trickier method of the two because devs have made it a game of chance.
The problem is that not every Care Package comes as a Scare Package, so you will have to keep getting scorestreaks to have a chance of one dropping.
There’s also the issue that other players could swoop in and steal your Scare Package after it lands, so make sure you’re in a safe space when you call it in.
How to open Scare Packages on Zombies
To open a Scare Package in Zombies, instead of players calling them in they will spawn in a random location on the map every five rounds.
It’s far more straightforward here because you don’t have to compete with other players but just a hoard of AI Zombies.
Unfortunately, they won’t show up on your mini-map, but thanks to their bright color you shouldn’t have too much trouble tracking them down.
We recommend saving one Zombie at the end of the round so you can freely explore the map without worrying about being eaten alive.
That was our guide on how to open Scare Packages in Black Ops Cold War multiplayer and Zombies.
Image credits: Activision
How to get Warzone Plot Twist blueprint
The Haunting event has brought the new Warzone Plot Twist blueprint to the Call of Duty battle royale game, and...
When is the next Cold War & Warzone Double XP event?
We have the dates and times for the next CoD: Cold War and Warzone Season 6 Double XP event to...
Best OTs 9 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 6
The OTs 9 SMG is a powerful weapon in Warzone's, so here are the attachments and Perks to make the...