Treyarch has applied a brand new update for Black Ops Cold War on May 21, and we have all of the new patch notes covered for you.
The Season 3 Reloaded update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War arrived this week and brought a plethora of new content for players to experience, including major weapon buffs and nerfs, a new Outbreak Main Quest Easter Egg, and the new Rambo and John McClane Operators.
However, it also brought some unintended issues that Treyarch has been hard at work fixing following the Season 3 Reloaded update going live.
These fixes and the official arrival of a Double XP weekend and the teasing of the arrival of the highly-anticipated Baseball Bat melee weapon are the focus of the Black Ops Cold War May 21 update, and we have all of the patch notes for you below:
Black Ops Cold War May 21 update Patch Notes
MULTI-TEAM ELIMINATION IS HERE
Welcome to Season Three Reloaded! We hope everyone’s enjoying all the new maps, modes, and ‘80s action packed into this latest update.
We’ve made a handful of improvements and fixes since the mid-season update kicked off this week, including the restoration of our Multi-Team Elimination and Multi-Team Moshpit modes after sorting out some performance issues. See below for the full of other additions, including the option to enable the hit marker and headshot sounds from Black Ops 4 in Audio settings (one of our personal favorites).
For those wondering how to earn the new limited-time Medals you might have seen popping up in your feed in Multiplayer and Zombies, we’ve got the full list in the notes below! If you’re going for every event reward by completing all 18 challenges during the ‘80s Action Heroes event, be sure to get familiar and collect ‘em all.
2XP WEEKEND NOW LIVE
As we mentioned in our Season Three Reloaded blog, the Prestige Shop has some new Legacy Calling Cards on offer from previous Black Ops games, and now’s your chance to unlock them twice as fast during 2XP Weekend! Double your Prestige earn rate now through 10AM PT Monday, May 24th in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. We’ll see you out there.
And last but not least…
BASEBALL BAT INCOMING TOMORROW
If you’ve been looking to crack some skulls with a new melee weapon, look no further than the Baseball Bat arriving in Black Ops Cold War starting tomorrow! Players can unlock this bad boy via an in-game challenge in Multiplayer and Zombies, or as a super-menacing Weapon Blueprint in a new Store bundle.
After that, our sixth new weapon of Season Three is up next as the AMP63 machine pistol comes to both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone later in the season.
Here’s what’s new since our latest game update:
- Added new Medals for the ‘80s Action Heroes event:
- Have a Blast!
- Multiplayer: Killed an enemy with an explosion.
- Zombies: Killed 3 or more enemies rapidly with explosives.
- This is Personal
- Multiplayer: Killed an enemy with a Melee weapon.
- Zombies: Killed 7 or more enemies rapidly with a Melee weapon.
- Fully Loaded
- Multiplayer: Killed two or more enemies rapidly with an automatic weapon without reloading.
- Zombies: Killed 10 or more enemies rapidly with an automatic weapon without reloading.
- Addressed an issue where the “Fully Loaded” Medal previously displayed as “Become War” in Zombies.
- Light ‘Em Up
- Multiplayer: Killed an enemy with the Death Machine.
- Zombies: Killed 5 or more enemies rapidly with the Death Machine.
- Chopped Up
- Multiplayer: Killed an enemy with a Tomahawk.
- Zombies: Killed 3 or more enemies rapidly with a Tomahawk.
- First Blood
- Multiplayer: Got the first kill in a match.
- Zombies: Got the first kill in a match.
- Have a Blast!
- Addressed an issue where Weapon Unlock Challenges for Zombies could display in Create-a-Class in Multiplayer.
- Updated the description for the ‘80s Action Heroes event challenge “A War You Won’t Believe”.
- Custom Mods can now be applied to Dual Wield weapons in Create-a-Class.
- Updated the weapon model for the “Black Inknife” Blueprint.
- Added Classic hit marker and headshot sound option in Audio settings.
- Restored the Random Operator option in the Operator selection menu.
- Restored Multi-Team Elimination and Moshpit after addressing performance issues.
- Prop Hunt
- Removed Slope option to prevent exploitable behavior.
- Ray Gun
- Restored standard Ray Gun ammo count from 20/60 to 20/80. Pack-a-Punched amount count will be increased in an upcoming update.
- Custom Mods
- Addressed an issue that could cause the Custom Mods menu to be blank after Pack-a-Punching weapons.
- Dead Wire
- Updated Dead Wire Tier V Ammo Mod to kill any normal zombies stunned that it stuns.
- Addressed an issue where player names could appear during Main Quest cutscenes.
- Fixed stability issues that could occur when players transitioned regions or left a match while in an upgrade menu.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when unlocking the Challenge Weapon Blueprint in the new Mystery Munitions limited-time mode.
There is no doubt that plenty of players will be happy to see the changes from the Black Ops Cold War May 21 update patch notes take effect and to take advantage during the Double XP event this weekend.
Image Credits: Treyarch
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe is a melee weapon coming to Black Ops Cold War. Here’s everything you need to know about unlocking the Scythe.
A brand-new melee weapon is coming to Black Ops Cold War and here’s everything you need to know about the Scythe, including how to unlock it.
It can be fun to rack up kills from a distance with an Assault Rifle after hopping into a game of Black Ops Cold War, and sometimes it’s more exciting to use a melee weapon to battle your enemies up close.
Treyarch accidentally released the Scythe melee weapon in Black Ops Cold War in a surprise update on June 6, giving players a sneak peek at the weapon. Now there is an official release date for the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s how you can unlock it.
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe will be released for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on August 12, 2022.
Here’s how to unlock the Scythe in both Multiplayer and Zombies:
- Multiplayer – Using a Melee weapon, get 2 kills while Ninja or Dead Silence are active in 15 different completed matches.
- Zombies – Using a primary Melee weapon, kill 200 enemies while Insta-Kill is active.
Completing 15 multiplayer matches will take some time, so you might be faster jumping into a game of Zombies.
The in-game description says that the Scythe is a “quick swinging” two-handed melee weapon that allows you to “reap a bountiful harvest by cutting down all who stand in your path.”
Image Credit: Activision
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Best Assault Rifles in Warzone: Every Season 4 Reloaded AR ranked
Assault Rifles are great all-rounders in Warzone Pacific Season 4 Reloaded, so here are Warzone's ARs ranked and the best...
MultiVersus Season 1 update: Release date, Morty, Battle Pass price
MultiVersus Season 1 will bring a ton of new content to the game including Battle Pass rewards and a new...
Hogwarts Legacy: Release date, gameplay, trailer, more
Harry Potter fans will soon be able to live out their wizarding dreams with the release of Hogwarts Legacy, an...