Treyarch has revealed the patch notes for the May 27 update that it has applied to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and they have plenty of exciting things for players.
The Season 3 Reloaded update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War brought various things for players to enjoy, like the new Multi-Team Elimination Fireteam game mode and Outbreak Main Quest Easter Egg.
Looking to allow as many players as possible to enjoy all of the recent content to its fullest potential, Treyarch has released a brand new update on May 27.
This update provides an array of updates to existing content like the Multi-Team Elimination mode and officially announces a period of free access to Black Ops Cold War for those who do not own it currently.
You can find the full set of patch notes for the Black Ops Cold War May 27 update below:
Black Ops Cold War May 27 update patch notes
THE ‘80S ACTION CONTINUES!
NEW MODES: RAMBO’S GUN GAME & 3V3 GUNFIGHT
Our ‘80s Action Heroes event continues with Rambo’s Gun Game in Black Ops Cold War this week! The rotation of 20 weapons gets a serious boost in firepower, as the Combat Bow, War Machine, RPG-7, and even the Death Machine get added into a fresh set of armaments. To help keep our action heroes alive, players will also be equipped with the Stimshot. Check out all the details on Rambo’s Gun Game at the Call of Duty Blog.
Die Hardpoint has become an instant fan-favorite and stands strong this week in our Multiplayer Featured Playlists, along with 12v12 Moshpit and Standoff 24/7. In addition, Snipers Only Moshpit returns to Multiplayer via the Quick Play menu for all you sharpshooters out there.
We’re also bringing 3v3 Gunfight to Multiplayer for the first time, where two teams of three throw down on our smallest maps with randomized loadouts. This one’s different from the 3v3 playlists we’ve had in the past – here, you’ll be playing purely by standard Gunfight rules without being restricted to sniper rifle loadouts or melee weapons only. We’re also testing out 6v6 gameplay on these maps for a special variant of Face Off in the near future, so keep those eyes peeled.
MULTI-TEAM ELIMINATION: UPDATES & TIPS
It’s been amazing to see all the positive responses to our new Multi-Team: Elimination mode since Season Three Reloaded kicked off! This last-team-standing experience was designed as a love letter to Blackout fans, featuring gameplay elements from Black Ops 4’s Down But Not Out LTM to keep the action moving with multiple redeploys and loot-to-survive fundamentals.
In today’s update, we’ve added some new gameplay and UI improvements based on player feedback to make Elimination even better, including increased XP values, map voting, improved ping visibility, and more. Check out the full list in the patch notes below, and watch for more updates on the way.
Additionally, we wanted to share some tips from the dev team to help your chances of success in Elimination:
- Infil: This is your first drop into the match, and can pave the way to success throughout the match. Be on the lookout for the Supply Drop chopper while in the infil plane and make your way to the package if you’re looking for the rarest items. Supply Drops contain lethal Scorestreaks like the Death Machine, War Machine, and Sentry Turrets in addition to weapons, Armor Plates, and Equipment.
- If you don’t manage to make it to a Supply Drop, don’t worry, as everyone will have access to a standard submachine gun on each infil and redeploy. This does mean that you’ll want to be ready to fight when your boots hit the ground.
- Play the Edge: For those who prefer a more peaceful start, try heading to the perimeter of the maps. While you may not get into as many engagements, the connecting areas and forests throughout the Ural Mountains are great spots to find containers to slowly build up your loadout. Keep your eyes on the expanding radiation, however, as you can easily find yourself on the wrong side of the clouds. You’ll see waypoints in the distance to give you a good idea of how quickly you need to move.
- Mid-Game: This is where things start to heat up. Each player gets five redeploys throughout the match. Redeploys occur on a rolling 30-second wave, which means anyone in the queue to redeploy will be dropping back in when that timer hits :00, as long as one of their teammates is still alive.
- If you find yourself in an engagement with an enemy squad and don’t manage to eliminate them from the match by wiping the squad, stay vigilant, as it’s likely those same enemies will be dropping right back in to get their revenge. We suggest you stay on the move after engagements or risk getting squad-wiped yourself.
- Endgame: Time for the payoff. By now, you should have your ideal loadout tailored for the eventual exfil site. If you’re battling over the rooftops in Sanatorium, a great setup might be a tactical rifle, submachine gun, and a Field Mic to detect any enemies that may try to flank your squad. If you find yourself in a more open setting like the ski slopes of Alpine, a sniper rifle, assault rifle, and a Smoke Grenade can go a long way at picking off enemies at range and providing cover for a potential exfil.
- Exfil: The decision between eliminating all enemies or attempting an exfil for the W is situational. If the area is still hot with a high number of enemies, you may want to let the other squads battle it out and hope for some wipes, or do the dirty work yourself. When the number of remaining enemies is low for the final zone, an exfil could be the right choice with the right tactics in play.
- If you do go for the exfil, make sure your squad covers the angles to the chopper while you swoop in and hook up. This is also the perfect time to equip and deploy those Scorestreaks that you managed to find along the way. Good luck!
MP + OUTBREAK FREE ACCESS BEGINS
Ready to play MP and Zombies with your friends who might not own Black Ops Cold War yet? Let them know the new Multiplayer + Outbreak Free Access period is now live today through 10AM PT June 1st!
Download Free Access from your platform’s store and jump into Die Hardpoint, Rambo’s Gun Game, Standoff 24/7, Nuketown 24/7, and more in Multiplayer, as well as Outbreak in Zombies and Onslaught on PlayStation®.
SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT FOR 2X BATTLE PASS XP
Sign up for two-factor authentication to improve your account security and get two hours of 2X Battle Pass XP! We strongly recommend adding this extra layer of account protection, which requires a third-party authentication application when logging into your Activision account. Sign up at the CallofDuty.com 2FA page here.
Starting today, anyone who enables two-factor authentication will receive two 1-hour 2X Battle Pass XP Tokens as a reward. If you’ve already enabled the feature before today, your tokens will begin rolling out tomorrow, May 28th. Enjoy!
CONTACTING ACTIVISION SUPPORT
Need help with your account or have a question about a particular issue? Support is available through the official Activision Support page, where you can access a wide range of help options. You can also follow Activision Support at @ATVIAssist on Twitter to get the latest support information regarding game updates, general tips, trending issues, and server outages.
Visit Activision Support here for more details: http://support.activision.com
If you’re looking for info on specific issues in Black Ops Cold War or Warzone™, please visit our Trello page, which serves as a one-stop hub for known issue tracking, patch notes, and game updates
2XP WEEKEND BEGINS TOMORROW
We’re kicking off the long weekend with four days of 2XP in Black Ops Cold War MP and Zombies starting tomorrow through 10AM PT Tuesday, June 1st! There’s never been a better time to unlock every Season Challenge and hit Prestige Master, so get to it.
Here’s what’s new today:
Multiplayer + Outbreak Free Access
- Free Access available for download, featuring Multiplayer and Zombies modes through June 1st.
- Addressed an issue where some players’ Season Levels were capped at Level 182 in the After Action Report and in-game scoreboard.
- Rambo’s Gun Game [NEW]
- New ‘80s Action Heroes Multiplayer mode available in Featured Playlists.
- 3v3 Gunfight [NEW]
- New 3v3 variant of Gunfight mode available in Featured Playlists.
- Increased XP values.
- Enabled map voting in the playlist.
- Increased the opacity of pings for better visibility. Pings will also be less visible while aiming down sights.
- Map loading stats that show your performance in Elimination on each map should now properly display the correct stats.
- Enemy pings will now follow the pinged player for 5 seconds. To ping an enemy player, with an enemy player in your field of view, double-tap the left d-Pad button on controller or press the Z key twice on your keyboard.
- Addressed an issue where the player would sometimes receive a UI error when being downed or killed by the Ballistic Knife.
- The “Have a Blast” Medal can now be earned with explosive Scorestreaks.
- Increased the size of Weapon Mastery badges displayed during Best Play.
- Rambo’s Gun Game [NEW]
- Die Hardpoint
- Standoff 24/7 (also available in Hardcore via Quick Play)
- Multi-Team Elimination
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore via Quick Play)
- 12v12 Moshpit (also available in Hardcore via Quick Play)
- Party Games
- 3v3 Gunfight [NEW]
- Multi-Team Moshpit
- Removed Checkmate from rotation in CDL Search & Destroy.
- Wonder Weapons
- Addressed an issue where players could apply an Ammo Mod to the D.I.E. Wonder Weapons.
- Addressed an issue where the Cryofreeze Ammo Mod visual FX could display on screen when walking backwards.
- Added stability fixes for Fishing.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Cranked 2: No Time to Crank
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Mystery Munitions (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Standoff (PlayStation)
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe is a melee weapon coming to Black Ops Cold War. Here’s everything you need to know about unlocking the Scythe.
A brand-new melee weapon is coming to Black Ops Cold War and here’s everything you need to know about the Scythe, including how to unlock it.
It can be fun to rack up kills from a distance with an Assault Rifle after hopping into a game of Black Ops Cold War, and sometimes it’s more exciting to use a melee weapon to battle your enemies up close.
Treyarch accidentally released the Scythe melee weapon in Black Ops Cold War in a surprise update on June 6, giving players a sneak peek at the weapon. Now there is an official release date for the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s how you can unlock it.
How to unlock the Scythe in Black Ops Cold War
The Scythe will be released for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on August 12, 2022.
Here’s how to unlock the Scythe in both Multiplayer and Zombies:
- Multiplayer – Using a Melee weapon, get 2 kills while Ninja or Dead Silence are active in 15 different completed matches.
- Zombies – Using a primary Melee weapon, kill 200 enemies while Insta-Kill is active.
Completing 15 multiplayer matches will take some time, so you might be faster jumping into a game of Zombies.
The in-game description says that the Scythe is a “quick swinging” two-handed melee weapon that allows you to “reap a bountiful harvest by cutting down all who stand in your path.”
Image Credit: Activision
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock Valois Revolver in Warzone and Vanguard Season 5
Here's how to unlock the new Valois Revolver in Warzone and Vanguard Season 5, which acts as both a knife...
Warzone devs confirm Umbrella Academy crossover with Season 5 roadmap
The Warzone Pacific Season 5 roadmap image has confirmed the arrival of an Umbrella Academy crossover in the game.
Vanguard Season 5 Zombies: The Archon map, Main Quest, gameplay improvements
Here's everything coming to Vanguard Zombies in Season 5, including The Archon map, Main Quest, boss fight, and gameplay improvements.