Treyarch has revealed the patch notes for the May 27 update that it has applied to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and they have plenty of exciting things for players.
The Season 3 Reloaded update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War brought various things for players to enjoy, like the new Multi-Team Elimination Fireteam game mode and Outbreak Main Quest Easter Egg.
Looking to allow as many players as possible to enjoy all of the recent content to its fullest potential, Treyarch has released a brand new update on May 27.
This update provides an array of updates to existing content like the Multi-Team Elimination mode and officially announces a period of free access to Black Ops Cold War for those who do not own it currently.
You can find the full set of patch notes for the Black Ops Cold War May 27 update below:
Black Ops Cold War May 27 update patch notes
THE ‘80S ACTION CONTINUES!
NEW MODES: RAMBO’S GUN GAME & 3V3 GUNFIGHT
Our ‘80s Action Heroes event continues with Rambo’s Gun Game in Black Ops Cold War this week! The rotation of 20 weapons gets a serious boost in firepower, as the Combat Bow, War Machine, RPG-7, and even the Death Machine get added into a fresh set of armaments. To help keep our action heroes alive, players will also be equipped with the Stimshot. Check out all the details on Rambo’s Gun Game at the Call of Duty Blog.
Die Hardpoint has become an instant fan-favorite and stands strong this week in our Multiplayer Featured Playlists, along with 12v12 Moshpit and Standoff 24/7. In addition, Snipers Only Moshpit returns to Multiplayer via the Quick Play menu for all you sharpshooters out there.
We’re also bringing 3v3 Gunfight to Multiplayer for the first time, where two teams of three throw down on our smallest maps with randomized loadouts. This one’s different from the 3v3 playlists we’ve had in the past – here, you’ll be playing purely by standard Gunfight rules without being restricted to sniper rifle loadouts or melee weapons only. We’re also testing out 6v6 gameplay on these maps for a special variant of Face Off in the near future, so keep those eyes peeled.
MULTI-TEAM ELIMINATION: UPDATES & TIPS
It’s been amazing to see all the positive responses to our new Multi-Team: Elimination mode since Season Three Reloaded kicked off! This last-team-standing experience was designed as a love letter to Blackout fans, featuring gameplay elements from Black Ops 4’s Down But Not Out LTM to keep the action moving with multiple redeploys and loot-to-survive fundamentals.
In today’s update, we’ve added some new gameplay and UI improvements based on player feedback to make Elimination even better, including increased XP values, map voting, improved ping visibility, and more. Check out the full list in the patch notes below, and watch for more updates on the way.
Additionally, we wanted to share some tips from the dev team to help your chances of success in Elimination:
- Infil: This is your first drop into the match, and can pave the way to success throughout the match. Be on the lookout for the Supply Drop chopper while in the infil plane and make your way to the package if you’re looking for the rarest items. Supply Drops contain lethal Scorestreaks like the Death Machine, War Machine, and Sentry Turrets in addition to weapons, Armor Plates, and Equipment.
- If you don’t manage to make it to a Supply Drop, don’t worry, as everyone will have access to a standard submachine gun on each infil and redeploy. This does mean that you’ll want to be ready to fight when your boots hit the ground.
- Play the Edge: For those who prefer a more peaceful start, try heading to the perimeter of the maps. While you may not get into as many engagements, the connecting areas and forests throughout the Ural Mountains are great spots to find containers to slowly build up your loadout. Keep your eyes on the expanding radiation, however, as you can easily find yourself on the wrong side of the clouds. You’ll see waypoints in the distance to give you a good idea of how quickly you need to move.
- Mid-Game: This is where things start to heat up. Each player gets five redeploys throughout the match. Redeploys occur on a rolling 30-second wave, which means anyone in the queue to redeploy will be dropping back in when that timer hits :00, as long as one of their teammates is still alive.
- If you find yourself in an engagement with an enemy squad and don’t manage to eliminate them from the match by wiping the squad, stay vigilant, as it’s likely those same enemies will be dropping right back in to get their revenge. We suggest you stay on the move after engagements or risk getting squad-wiped yourself.
- Endgame: Time for the payoff. By now, you should have your ideal loadout tailored for the eventual exfil site. If you’re battling over the rooftops in Sanatorium, a great setup might be a tactical rifle, submachine gun, and a Field Mic to detect any enemies that may try to flank your squad. If you find yourself in a more open setting like the ski slopes of Alpine, a sniper rifle, assault rifle, and a Smoke Grenade can go a long way at picking off enemies at range and providing cover for a potential exfil.
- Exfil: The decision between eliminating all enemies or attempting an exfil for the W is situational. If the area is still hot with a high number of enemies, you may want to let the other squads battle it out and hope for some wipes, or do the dirty work yourself. When the number of remaining enemies is low for the final zone, an exfil could be the right choice with the right tactics in play.
- If you do go for the exfil, make sure your squad covers the angles to the chopper while you swoop in and hook up. This is also the perfect time to equip and deploy those Scorestreaks that you managed to find along the way. Good luck!
MP + OUTBREAK FREE ACCESS BEGINS
Ready to play MP and Zombies with your friends who might not own Black Ops Cold War yet? Let them know the new Multiplayer + Outbreak Free Access period is now live today through 10AM PT June 1st!
Download Free Access from your platform’s store and jump into Die Hardpoint, Rambo’s Gun Game, Standoff 24/7, Nuketown 24/7, and more in Multiplayer, as well as Outbreak in Zombies and Onslaught on PlayStation®.
SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT FOR 2X BATTLE PASS XP
Sign up for two-factor authentication to improve your account security and get two hours of 2X Battle Pass XP! We strongly recommend adding this extra layer of account protection, which requires a third-party authentication application when logging into your Activision account. Sign up at the CallofDuty.com 2FA page here.
Starting today, anyone who enables two-factor authentication will receive two 1-hour 2X Battle Pass XP Tokens as a reward. If you’ve already enabled the feature before today, your tokens will begin rolling out tomorrow, May 28th. Enjoy!
CONTACTING ACTIVISION SUPPORT
Need help with your account or have a question about a particular issue? Support is available through the official Activision Support page, where you can access a wide range of help options. You can also follow Activision Support at @ATVIAssist on Twitter to get the latest support information regarding game updates, general tips, trending issues, and server outages.
Visit Activision Support here for more details: http://support.activision.com
If you’re looking for info on specific issues in Black Ops Cold War or Warzone™, please visit our Trello page, which serves as a one-stop hub for known issue tracking, patch notes, and game updates
2XP WEEKEND BEGINS TOMORROW
We’re kicking off the long weekend with four days of 2XP in Black Ops Cold War MP and Zombies starting tomorrow through 10AM PT Tuesday, June 1st! There’s never been a better time to unlock every Season Challenge and hit Prestige Master, so get to it.
Here’s what’s new today:
Multiplayer + Outbreak Free Access
- Free Access available for download, featuring Multiplayer and Zombies modes through June 1st.
- Addressed an issue where some players’ Season Levels were capped at Level 182 in the After Action Report and in-game scoreboard.
- Rambo’s Gun Game [NEW]
- New ‘80s Action Heroes Multiplayer mode available in Featured Playlists.
- 3v3 Gunfight [NEW]
- New 3v3 variant of Gunfight mode available in Featured Playlists.
- Increased XP values.
- Enabled map voting in the playlist.
- Increased the opacity of pings for better visibility. Pings will also be less visible while aiming down sights.
- Map loading stats that show your performance in Elimination on each map should now properly display the correct stats.
- Enemy pings will now follow the pinged player for 5 seconds. To ping an enemy player, with an enemy player in your field of view, double-tap the left d-Pad button on controller or press the Z key twice on your keyboard.
- Addressed an issue where the player would sometimes receive a UI error when being downed or killed by the Ballistic Knife.
- The “Have a Blast” Medal can now be earned with explosive Scorestreaks.
- Increased the size of Weapon Mastery badges displayed during Best Play.
- Rambo’s Gun Game [NEW]
- Die Hardpoint
- Standoff 24/7 (also available in Hardcore via Quick Play)
- Multi-Team Elimination
- Nuketown 24/7 (also available in Hardcore via Quick Play)
- 12v12 Moshpit (also available in Hardcore via Quick Play)
- Party Games
- 3v3 Gunfight [NEW]
- Multi-Team Moshpit
- Removed Checkmate from rotation in CDL Search & Destroy.
- Wonder Weapons
- Addressed an issue where players could apply an Ammo Mod to the D.I.E. Wonder Weapons.
- Addressed an issue where the Cryofreeze Ammo Mod visual FX could display on screen when walking backwards.
- Added stability fixes for Fishing.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Cranked 2: No Time to Crank
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Mystery Munitions (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Standoff (PlayStation)
Best KSP 45 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
Buffs have made the KSP 45 a fearsome Cold War SMG, so here’s the best loadout with perks and attachments to complement it.
The KSP 45 has become of CoD: Black Ops Cold War’s best weapons. Treyarch did buff it, and this SMG has been a must-use gun since then. Here is the best Cold War KSP 45 loadout in Season 5, including attachments and Perks.
A burst-fire SMG is a weird hybrid to begin with, but weak stats didn’t help it. But now, it has increased viability as a lobby-owning laser beam.
To ensure that players get the most out of it, we’ve gone through and kitted it out with the best attachments and Perks to discover its best self in Black Ops Cold War Season 5.
Best Cold War KSP 45 loadout
Best Cold War KSP 45 loadout class attachments
To ensure you get the most of Cold War’s KSP 45, ensure you have the Gunfighter wildcard equipped to increase your maximum attachments.
- Optic: Visiontech 2x
- Muzzle: Muzzle Brake .45 APC
- Barrel: 10.2″ Rifled
- Body: Steady Aim Laser
- Underbarrel: Field Agent Foregrip
- Magazine: 45 Rnd Drum
- Handle: Serpent Wrap
- Stock: Wire Stock
The improved effectiveness of the best Cold War KSP 45 loadout means we want to use this at different distances, so the Visiontech 2x will cover that. The gun’s accuracy is now a big factor in its efficiency, so instead of favoring one or the other, we’ve applied the Muzzle Brake .45 APC to give its vertical recoil a tiny boost.
The 10.2″ Rifled barrel makes the best Cold War KSP 45 loadout even more deadly at range, and the Steady Aim Laser makes it equally deadly at close range. The trusty Field Agent Foregrip bolsters vertical and horizontal recoil whilst the Fast Mag offers super-quick mag changing.
We’re going to give the KSP much faster ADS time thanks to the Serpent Wrap, and the Wire Stock lets us more around more freely with less penalty to sprinting.
Best Perks to use with Cold War KSP 45 class
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket
- Perk 2: Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost
Staying alive is the name of the game with the KSP 45, as its power can help you to achieve some insane scores. So Flak Jacket provides immunity to the litany of explosive devices that Cold War has in store for players.
Assassin supports this idea by rewarding you with more points for killing enemies on a Scorestreak, and Ghost makes you invisible to tracking devices.
Most recent AK-47 buffs & nerfs in Cold War
Treyarch has tinkered with the KSP 45 in Cold War Season 5, just giving it a couple of minors adjustments for players to consider.
Here are the most recent changes to the KSP 45:
- Reduced Effective Damage Range from 25.4m to 22.86m
- Slowed burst fire delay from 0.066 to 0.083
How to unlock the KSP 45
The KSP 45’s newfound power can only be utilized once you reach Level 37.
Doing so allows you to create the best Cold War KSP 45 loadout class, and you can also access it in Warzone Season 5 as well.
Image Credit: Treyarch / Activision
Warzone & Cold War Season 6 cinematic teases Mason’s return
Warzone and Black Ops Cold War have a new Season 5 outro cinematic hinting at Mason’s importance in the story for Season 6 of the Call of Duty games.
The latest cinematic for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 5 has been released, and players are excited about the reference towards Mason returning.
As we enter the final season for Black Ops Cold War before Vanguard‘s release, which will inevitably integrate with Warzone, players have been given a hint towards Mason’s return in a brand new cinematic.
For those still keeping up to date with the details, this outro cinematic plays a pivotal role in setting up the final season for Black Ops Cold War.
Black Ops Cold War will enter its final season soon, and players are desperate to find out who the last operator will be. It seems the last operator could be a fan-favorite character from the Black Ops series, Mason.
Although the cinematic is only a minute long, players can gain some critical information from it. Hudson and Woods are having a conversation about Adler’s disappearance, discussing what they should do next.
Ultimately, they decide that Woods should go after Adler, who is in Verdansk, while also mentioning the return of Mason, whose experience with the numbers could give them the edge.
You can find the official description of the new Warzone and Black Ops Cold War cinematic below:
“The news is flooding in: more Operators have abandoned their missions. Mounting evidence suggests that Adler has gone rogue. Disturbed, Hudson sends Woods to find Adler and bring him in… along with the one person whose Numbers Program intel could provide the edge they need.
The showdown begins in Season Six.”
We’ll have to wait for Season 6 to see where the story will go, but it’s set up to be an exciting end to what’s been a great seasonal story.
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
New Cold War Sai weapon exploit lets Zombies players skip doors
Black Ops Cold War players have discovered an exploit with the Sai melee weapon that lets them skip doors in Zombies mode.
A new exploit has been discovered with Black Ops Cold War’s new Sai melee weapon which lets players skip through the first door in the Firebase Z map in Zombies.
Black Ops Cold War Zombies received some new content in the Season 5 Reloaded update, including a new Black Chest World Event in Outbreak, a Rampage Inducer for round-based maps, and a brand-new weapon.
Various players reported being able to go through the first door at Firebase Z while they had the Sai equipped. This led to a response from lead developer Mark Maestas, who was well aware of the situation.
Surprisingly, the developer talked about this exploit with enthusiasm. “Dear Zombies players, yes you can skip the first door in Firebase Z,” tweeted Maestas. “Zombies can come and greet you too. GLHF!”
While these kinds of things are often addressed in update patches, Mark’s response makes it seem like the developers aren’t currently planning on doing anything to fix this exploit.
With this exploit, players will be able to access greater levels of Zombies much quicker than before, and the undead will be able to come to them as well.
It’s possible that the developers are going to avoid fixing this one exploit so that they can focus on fixing the Zombies’ pathfinding instead, ensuring that the exploit doesn’t ruin the game.
For more on Black Ops Cold War, stay tuned to Charlie INTEL, and check out our guide on the new Hardcore Cold War Outbreaks Zombie mode.
Image credits: Treyarch
How to get CoD: Mobile Prime Gaming rewards
CoD: Mobile players can now secure some exciting items through Prime gaming, and we have what you need to know...
Best AK-74u loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 5
The AK-74u is an extremely strong SMG in Warzone Season 5, so here are the attachments and perks needed to...
Warzone team gets world’s fastest win on Rebirth Island in hilarious fashion
Rebirth Island allows for teams to secure very fast Warzone wins, but one team recently took it to the next...