Treyarch Studios has officially revealed the Black Ops Cold War Season 5 update patch notes with one of the biggest highlights being the various weapon buffs and nerfs that are being applied to weapons like the LC10, XM4, C58, and many others.
Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War may have been officially delayed, but players were able to get a first look at all of the details for what will be changing in Cold War when Treyarch released the Season 5 update patch notes for the game on August 11, 2021.
The patch notes included a treasure trove of new content and changes, with one of the most important being various weapon buffs and nerfs for a number of weapons, including the infamous LC10 SMG.
Here is everything you need to know about the Cold War Season 5 weapons buffs and nerfs.
Cold War Season 5 weapon buffs and nerfs
It is always an exciting time when a new season brings weapon balancing changes that will no doubt shake up the meta for the popular first-person shooter.
The Season 5 update made buffs and nerfs to the XM4, QBZ-83, FFAR 1, Groza, FARA 83, C58, KSP 45, LC10, Assault Rifles, and Pistols that can be found below:
- New Season Five weapon tuning includes changes for a selection of assault rifles, SMGs, and Dual Wield pistols. Starting with assault rifles, we’ve reduced Suppressor attachment Bullet Velocity penalties for all ARs to better focus on their potential for damage at long ranges.
- Assault Rifles (All)
- Reduced Bullet Velocity penalty on Agency Suppressor attachment from -30% to -15%.
- Reduced Bullet Velocity penalty on Suppressor attachment from -15% to -8%.
The XM4 is getting several new adjustments to assist with its handling, as well as a unique attachment. As one of our more popular weapons, the XM4 sees plenty of usage from experts and less experienced players alike, so we’ve made changes to specific attachments to appeal to players of all skill levels. Players may want to experiment with new attachment combinations after this update to find the sweet spot that works for them.
- Increased Reload Quickness from 2.6 sec to 2.5 sec.
- Increased Vertical Recoil Control bonus on Infantry Compensator from +12% to +15%.
- Reduced Horizontal Recoil Control penalty on Infantry Compensator from -8% to -5%.
- Increased Reload Quickness on Jungle-Style Mag from +20% to +30%.
- Removed ADS Time penalty from 40 Rnd Speed Mag.
- Reduced extra ammo of 40 Rnd Speed Mag from +10 to +5.
- Changed Salvo 50 Rnd Fast Mag attachment to 45 Rnd Fast Mag.
- Reduced ADS Time penalty on 45 Rnd Fast Mag from -25% to -12%.
- Replaced SAS Mag Clamp with unique “B-Ops Mini Clamp” attachment. This attachment increases Reload Quickness by 50%, improves ADS Time by 10%, and provides an additional starting magazine, but reduces magazine ammo from 30 to 25.
Though the QBZ-83 is a solid performer, it’s been underused compared to the rest of its class. We’ve reduced its recoil to help more players explore this weapon, develop a feel for it, and find success with it in-game.
- Reduced vertical recoil by 10%.
As the fastest-firing AR, the FFAR 1 should be serviceable in a more aggressive, close-quarters play style. To accomplish this, we’ve given the weapon additional high-damage potential at short range while retaining its original damage values for mid- to long-range combat. Hip fire has also been improved to help with short-range encounters. As a result, several of its Barrel attachments have also been adjusted. These changes allow a skilled player to leverage the FFAR 1’s shorter-range capabilities for a more versatile play style.
- FFAR 1
- Now deals 30 damage out to 12.7 meters for higher damage at short range.
- Increased Hip Fire Accuracy by 14%.
- Reduced Sprint to Fire Time penalty on Tiger Team Spotlight from -10% to -5%.
- Reduced Aim Walking Movement Speed penalty on 21.2” Ranger Barrel from -20% to -5%.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range bonus on 19.5” Reinforced Heavy Barrel from +100% to +40%.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range bonus on 19.5” Task Force Barrel from +50% to +20%.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range bonus on 20.3” Takedown Barrel from +150% to +80%.
With the Groza, handling speed is key. We’ve made visual improvements to help players take better advantage of this weapon’s quick handling, as well as attachment changes to lean into the Groza’s unique personality as a bullpup AR.
- Reduced vertical recoil by 15%.
- Reduced weapon movement when walking in ADS.
- Moved Iron Sights view farther away from the player camera.
- Increased Horizontal Recoil Control bonus on Spetsnaz Grip from +17% to +25%.
- Increased Vertical Recoil Control bonus on Spetsnaz Grip from +7% to +15%.
- Increased ADS Time bonus on Spetsnaz Field Grip from +15% to +30%.
- Reduced Flinch Resistance mitigation on Spetsnaz Field Grip from +80% to +70%.
- Increased Sprint to Fire Time bonus on KGB Pad from +30% to +50%.
- Reduced Hip Fire Accuracy penalty on KGB Pad from -30% to -20%.
Mid- and long-range combat are important factors for the FARA 83. Currently boasting the best range of any AR as well as a fast fire rate, this weapon requires consistency for success. As such, we’ve improved recoil and visibility while firing. While this AR was originally concepted to fill more a marksman-like role on larger maps, it has proven to be reliable in most game modes. Developing a sense for controlled firing will lead to even more success with this weapon.
- FARA 83
- Reduced initial recoil when firing the weapon.
- Moved Iron Sights view farther away from the player camera.
While the C58 is a powerful weapon in capable hands, some of its handling characteristics initially created a high barrier for proficiency. We’ve addressed this by improving the recoil, feel, and visibility while firing the weapon. The C58 isn’t recommended for close quarters, but with proper ammo management, this weapon can perform much like an LMG with the handling of an AR.
- Overhauled recoil system.
- Improved weapon visibility when initially firing.
- Increased Effective Damage Range from 25.4m to 30.48m.
- Reduced Effective Damage Range penalty on Suppressor attachment from -15% to -8%.
Moving onto SMGs: the KSP 45 has recently overperformed at ranges we feel are better suited for other weapons. We’ve made slight adjustments to its burst fire speed and effective damage range to alter the feel of the weapon just enough that focused players won’t feel much of a difference, but others won’t feel as “lucky” with this weapon.
- KSP 45
- Reduced Effective Damage Range from 25.4m to 22.86m.
- Slowed burst fire delay from 0.066 to 0.083.
In the weapon lore of Black Ops Cold War, the LC10 is an SMG created by a sniper rifle manufacturer. Accuracy – specifically at range – is part of its personality. The LC10 also features very little damage drop off to create a very consistent time to kill over a large distance. With the launch of Season Five, we’re making slight adjustments to recoil and range to raise the skill level required for success.
- Reduced medium damage range from 50.8m to 45.72m.
- Increased recoil on the first and 12th bullets.
Dual wielding pistols now has a slight movement speed penalty. While not being able to aim down sights is a sizeable trade-off, movement speed has always been a top factor for success with short-range weapons. Lowering the movement speed while dual wielding creates more of a liability regarding range and positioning.
- Pistols (All)
- Dual Wield
- Reduced movement speed by 5%.
- Reduced strafe speed by 5%.
- Dual Wield
There is no doubt that players will be excited to test out all of the Cold War Season 5 weapon buffs and nerfs and see how they impact the meta when the new period of content goes live on August 12/13.
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch Studios
Cold War September 16 update patch notes: Nuketown 12v12, Zombies fixes, more
Treyarch has released another Cold War update, bringing the chaotic Nuketown 12v12 as well as fixing some Zombies issues.
Treyarch has released another update for Black Ops Cold War Season 5, adding Nuketown 12v12 and fixing issues with the Zombies mode.
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 Reloaded continues with the September 16 patch notes. In this update, the devs “turn up the chaos” by adding Nuketown 12v12, which will be available in both Core and Hardcore modes. Gunfight Blueprints also return for those looking for more tactical gameplay.
It also brings Zombies updates with stability “stability fixes related to Trials, joining matches in progress, the Black Chest World Event in Outbreak.” On top of that, they’ve changed the LT53 Kazimir from Rare to Epic to help with recognition.
Cold War Season 6 is on the horizon, and the devs have teased that “more intel on what’s to come at the launch of Season Six” next week.
Cold War September 16 patch notes
- Nuketown 12v12 [NEW] (Also available in Hardcore)
- Zoo 24/7(Also available in Hardcore)
- Demolition(Also available in Hardcore)
- Gunfight Blueprints
- Face Off 6v6(Also available in Hardcore)
- 12v12 Moshpit(Also available in Hardcore)
- Party Games (now featuring Double Agent)
- Added stability fixes related to joining matches in progress, the Black Chest World Event in Outbreak, zombies using projectiles on vehicles, and Trials.
- Changed the rarity of the LT53 Kazimir from Rare to Epic to assist with item recognition.
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Dead Ops Arcade 3: First Person
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Drive-In (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Diminishing Light (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
For more Call of Duty content, you can check out how to play in Vanguard’s Open Beta, which goes live for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC players this weekend.
Image Credit: Activision
Cold War players frustrated with Judge Dredd Lawgiver bug
Call of Duty’s newest big-name bundle is the Judge Dredd offering, but the cosmetics come with one big flaw that has annoyed buyers.
The Judge Dredd bundle is in Black Ops Cold War, but it has a glaring oversight when it comes to the Lawgiver skin as it doesn’t provide full coverage to dual-wield loadouts.
Novelty bundles are always welcome in big games: Fortnite, in particular, being the master of incorporating mainstream names and stars into a crazy, fictional world.
Call of Duty is no slouch in this department either though, as it has been able to provide its players the opportunity to become Rambo and John McClane. Not content with letting this be the only high-profile skin in recent memory, Call of Duty gamers can now become Judge Dredd.
A legend in comic books, the character can now be used to score dubs, but players are disappointed that dual-wield weapons only get one of the guns covered in the Lawgiver skin.
Two separate posts on Reddit have drawn attention to this Judge Dredd bundle bug, and they’ve garnered nearly 1.5K upvotes between them.
For some reason, the main gun (the right one) has the Lawgiver Blueprint equipped, whereas the left one doesn’t.
In the second Reddit post, “Akimbo AMP63 “Lawgiver” bug,” we see the exact same problem, a player with two AMP63s in their loadout, but only one has the paid Blueprint on display, and this applies to both Cold War and Warzone.
“You have to buy it twice, obviously,” one user jokingly suggested, whereas someone else came up with an inventive thought: “Tbh this would be rather cool, imagine having the ability to use 2 different blueprints for dual-wielded weapons at the same time.
“Obviously not with different attachments but different cosmetics, i.e Dark matter in one hand and dark aether in the other.”
Given that this Blueprint comes with a paid bundle, it’s easy to see why some Cold War players would be frustrated about the lack of full coverage for their weapons. Given the public anger towards this bug, Treyarch may very well look into this.
Also, check out how to take part in the CoD Vanguard Open Beta.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
New Cold War Season 6 Zombies map teaser reveals Requiem’s & Omega’s target
The Dark Aether storyline continues in Black Ops Cold War Season 6, with the latest teasers revealing the plans for Requiem and Omega.
The teasers are rolling in for Black Ops Cold War’s Season 6 Zombies map, and the latest has revealed Requiem and Omega’s target.
Now that players are invested in the Dark Aether storyline for Zombies, players are excited to see where the story develops.
With the recent teasers alluding to where the next round-based map will be set, players now have more information on how the Black Ops Cold War Season 6 Zombies map will contribute to the Dark Aether Storyline.
Zombies’ storyline has always been a big part of the mode, keeping players engaged over the years, wanting to know what will happen next. With Black Ops Cold War, players have been following both Requiem and Omega, uncovering the secrets behind the Dark Aether.
The most recent teasers were posted by Treyarch on Twitter, and since they have already teased the location of the map, it’s only right that they tease some of the story. The teaser is a letter from Weaver detailing team Requiem of their next mission.
In the teaser, it seems the map’s story will be centered around a new target known as Sergent Kazimir Zykov, who seems to have a lot of history and knowledge about the Dark Aether and how to “defeat the Forsaken.”
Both Requiem, the good guys, and Omega, the bad guys, will be looking to capture the target, with the teaser stating that if Omega’s leader, Kravchenko, succeeds, they will lose Zykov for good.
So, the next easter egg for Season 6’s round-based Zombies map will be based around capturing Zykov and using his knowledge about the Dark Aether to defeat Omega.
For more on Call of Duty Zombies, check out our article on how to complete Mauer der Toten’s main easter egg.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision
CoD: Mobile Blackout map release date officially revealed
The fan-favorite Blackout map from Black Ops 4 will be making its debut in CoD: Mobile in the near future,...
Best QBZ-83 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 5
The QBZ-83 can be awesome in Warzone Season 5. Our guide has all the attachments and perks you need to...
Best FARA 83 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 5
The Fara 83 is still an excellent Assault Rifle in Warzone, so take advantage by making and dominating with the...