The newest patch update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The update is coming June 27 to PC.
The patch is version 1.19 and is around 12.92GB in size.
This new patch update finally introduces a Contracts system, allowing players to earn more rewards just be playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Contracts are available for MP, Zombies, Blackout, and League Play, and there’s a lot of Contracts available daily allowing players to earn more content more often in game.
Here’s a quick summary of what’s new in today’s update:
- The launch of Contracts on all platforms, kicking off with a rotating selection of up to 28 Contracts to complete each day across all four modes (up to 196 Contracts per week!)
- Our newest alternative lighting map in Multiplayer, Hacienda Twilight
- More maps added to rotation for Prop Hunt and Capture the Flag
- New Medals, Equipment, and Humiliations in Blackout
- The introduction of Hard Mode Gauntlets in Zombies
- Weapon tuning for the Daemon 3XB, Switchblade X9, and MOG 12 + more
There’s also a selection of new updates to Blackout, including Stashes, Humiliations, and more:
- New Feature: Blackjack’s Stashes. Each player will be able to unlock one of Blackjack’s Stashes per game, which contains all the Black Market weapons in your inventory. For instance, if you’ve earned the Vendetta in the Contraband stream, it will be available for you to grab during a Blackout match in one of Blackjack’s Stashes.
- New Feature: Humiliations. These are epic finishing moves that can be used on enemy when they are in a downed state. Humiliations will be available in all squad-based Blackout modes and Multiplayer’s Heist.
- New Equipment: Sentry (Turret). These are available only in Supply Drops and Stashes. Activate them for an additional increase in overall firepower, as well as another layer of strategy to your takedown planning.
- New Feature: Medals: Similar to Multiplayer mode, completing certain events in Blackout grants you medals that reward Merits. Expect Merits for actions that include (but are not limited to) reviving, assisting, performing Humiliations, eliminating a Quad or Duo, taking down zombies, Double, Triple, and Quad kills, Frenzy, Mega, and Ultra kills, as well as the fabled Kill Chain; eight kills within three seconds of the last one!
Contracts Overview Trailer:
New Features and Content in All Modes
Our latest update delivers new features and content in all modes this week, including the launch of Contracts, Hacienda Twilight in MP, new updates in Blackout, more maps for Prop Hunt and Capture the Flag, the launch of Hard Mode Gauntlets in Zombies on PS4, weapon tuning and ballistics changes in MP, and more.Contracts Have Arrived
Contracts are now live today on PS4 and Xbox One with PC to follow in our upcoming 1.18 update, delivering up to 196 Contracts to complete each week across Multiplayer, Zombies, Blackout, and World League! Earn more Reserves, XP, Nebulium Plasma, and Merits for completing rotating challenges, with one Daily Contract and six additional Contracts to take on in each of the four main modes. Hit up our Contracts Blog for all the details, and jump in now to start earning more in-game rewards.
Ballistics Changes and Weapon Tuning in MP
We’ve made new weapon tuning changes with this update as part of our efforts to constantly improve the Multiplayer experience. To help make SMGs and pistols more competitive against assault rifles, we’ve changed their ballistic profiles to the more traditional hitscan model. This means bullets from SMGs and pistols should now hit their targets faster and with higher accuracy, without having to lead the target to account for bullet travel time in MP. While we’re satisfied with the balance in popularity of each of the weapons in all classes, we want to ensure SMG and pistol players can go toe-to-toe with AR users at multiple ranges as the meta evolves.
We’ve also simultaneously tuned down the damage ranges for the Daemon 3XB and Switchblade X9, added a third extra magazine for the Daemon 3XB, and reduced the Operator Mod damage on the MOG 12 shotgun to reduce long-range one-shot kills. This should bring more balance to the SMG class, and encourage MOG 12 users to really earn those Dragon Breath EKIAs. Check out our patch notes below for all the details.Hacienda Twilight Now in Rotation
We’re bringing a fresh twist to one of our outdoor-focused maps in Hacienda Twilight, now joining the Multiplayer map rotation. Unlike previous alternate-lighting environments, this map’s moon-bathed exterior is brighter than its interior. With blazing fires, structural changes, and other new surprises to be discovered throughout the estate, you might want to get your bearings in a Custom Game before jumping into a public match with this one. Let us know your thoughts on Hacienda Twilight after you’ve put in some playtime, as we’re always taking community feedback and voting data under consideration when crafting new map variants.
More Maps in Prop Hunt and Capture the Flag + MKII Leveling Fix
Prop Hunt gets bigger this week with the addition of Morocco and Summit to rotation, and we’ve added Frequency and Jungle to the Capture the Flag map pool for more varied matches. We’ve also made some improvements to Prop Hunt, including a fix for props being able to get under the map and a particularly peculiar issue where players could spawn inside of other players. MKII Weapon level progression has also been fixed in this update, allowing attachments and weapon camos to progress again as intended.Medals, Equipment, New Death Effect, Humiliations + More in Blackout
Medals are now awarded in Blackout for completing certain actions in a match, including reviving and assisting teammates, eliminating a Duo or Quad, taking down zombies, scoring a multikill, and much more. You’ll earn Merits for every Medal you earn, so show us what you’ve got and rank up even faster.
We’re always evaluating the next piece of weaponry to keep the Blackout meta fresh, and after internal playtesting and some core tuning changes, we’re introducing the Sentry as the newest addition to the mode. To keep it balanced for Battle Royale, the Blackout version of the Sentry deals lower damage compared to its MP counterpart, and serves as more of an alert system and a nuisance to your enemies. The Sentry can only be found in Stashes and Supply Drops, so keep an eye out for your chance to grab one and hold onto an EMP or two to disable enemy turrets.
As an additional reward for completing an Outfit Mission in Blackout, we’ve added the new “Numbers” Death Effect for use in multiple modes. Simply complete any Specialist’s Outfit Mission to unlock a Blackout-themed effect for your weapons in Create-a-Class and the Armory. If you’ve already completed an Outfit Mission, you’ll see your new Death Effect waiting for you in your inventory.
Next up, Blackjack’s Stash is a new feature that we’re introducing in limited-time modes only (not in core competitive Solo, Duos, or Quads matches) first on PS4. You’ll be able to unlock one of these rare new Stashes per match if you find one, and it will contain Black Market weapons that you currently have in your collection. For example, if you’ve earned the Vendetta sniper rifle in the Operation Spectre Rising Contraband stream, it will be available for you to equip from Blackjack’s Stash during a match in a limited-time mode. Additionally, all players will be able to expand their access to more Black Market weapons as Ultra Weapon Bribes become available in the Contraband stream starting next week, and in future Operations.
Lastly, Humiliations have arrived in Blackout’s redeploy modes and in Multiplayer’s Heist. First introduced in our Bounty Hunter LTM earlier this Operation, Humiliations are epic finishing moves that take out enemies in style when they’re downed. Check them out this week in Alcatraz and Hot Pursuit, and we’ll plan on adding more Humiliations during our next Operation in July.
Introducing Hard Mode Gauntlets in Zombies on PS4
If you thought our first series of Zombies Gauntlets weren’t enough of a challenge, good luck against our new Hard Mode “Unsinkable” Gauntlet today on PS4! Hard Mode Gauntlets will push your zombie-killing skills to the brink for 2X Nebulium Plasma rewards, along with Hard Mode-exclusive Medals and Calling Cards for your efforts. Who will be the world’s first to complete a perfect run?Zombies DLC 3 Approaches…
With our next Operation just around the corner, we’ve been dying to share more about the Aether story’s return… so let’s break the silence, shall we?
The next chapter in the Black Ops 4 Zombies saga launches July 9th on PS4, and follows the canonical events of Blood of the Dead and Classified. We’ll have more intel to share this week as we get closer to the beginning of our fifth Operation, when the influence of the undead threatens to spill over into some… unfamiliar territory.
But, perhaps we’ve said too much. As they say, “a little learning is a dangerous thing…”
New in today’s update on PS4 and Xbox One, and coming to PC this week in our 1.18 update:
- Contracts now available featuring 28 daily rotating challenges across all modes.
- Hacienda Twilight added to rotation in Multiplayer.
- Weapon tuning for the Daemon 3XB, Switchblade X9, and MOG 12.
- Ballistic profiles changed to hitscan model for SMGs and pistols.
- More maps added to Prop Hunt and Capture the Flag rotations.
- Humiliation finishing moves added to Heist in MP and redeploy modes in Blackout.
- Medals added to Blackout with new Merit rewards.
- Sentry now available in Stashes and Supply Drops in Blackout.
- New “Numbers” Death Effect reward added for completing an Outfit Mission in Blackout.
- MKII Weapons now properly track attachment and camo progression.
- Scorestreak improvements and fixes for the Drone Squad, Hellstorm, DART, and Gunship.
- Improved matchmaking in Domination.
- Featured Playlist updates on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Blackjack’s Stash now available only in limited-time modes (PS4).
- Hard Mode “Unsinkable” Gauntlet added to Zombies with 2X Nebulium Plasma rewards (PS4).
- Hard Mode Gauntlets
- Hard Mode “Unsinkable” Gauntlet now available with doubled Nebulium Plasma rewards and Hard Mode-exclusive Medals and Calling Cards to earn.
- Blackjack’s Stash
- Blackjack’s Stash now available to find and open in limited-time modes.
- Players can unlock only one of Blackjack’s Stashes per match, containing Black Market weapons currently in the player’s collection.
- Contracts are now available in Multiplayer, Blackout, Zombies, and World League.
- Up to 6 Contracts to complete per mode in addition to each mode’s Daily Contract, for a total of 28 Contracts to complete each day.
- Up to three Contracts can be active at once, including two player-selected Contracts and one Daily Contract for each game mode.
- Daily Contracts will refresh every 24 hours. Players must complete their Daily Contract in each mode before the refresh, when a new Daily Contract will take its place.
- Players can jump from mode to mode to complete Contracts in any order they like.
- Possible rewards from completing Contracts can include:
- Reserve Case(s)
- Bonus XP in Multiplayer, Zombies, and World League
- Bonus Nebulium Plasma in Zombies
- Bonus Merits in Blackout
- Hacienda Twilight
- Alternate-lighting Hacienda map variant now in rotation.
- Hacienda Twilight
- Ballistic Profiles
- Ballistic profiles on SMGs and pistols changed to hitscan to create consistency with other weapon classes in Multiplayer.
- MOG 12
- Dragon Breath Operator Mod damage reduced to increase pellets required for a one-shot kill at long range.
- Daemon 3XB
- Now requires at least six bullets to finish off a target with full health (up from five).
- Added a third extra magazine.
- Switchblade X9
- Reduced 6-shot kill range from 19 meters to 13 meters.
- Reduced 7-shot kill range from 25 meters to 19 meters.
- Reduced 8-shot kill range from 31 meters to 25 meters.
- Ballistic Knife
- Addressed an issue preventing players from using Dual Wield and Extra Blades at the same time.
- Ballistic Profiles
- Game Modes
- Prop Hunt
- Added Morocco and Summit to map rotation.
- Addressed an issue in Prop Hunt where players could sometimes spawn inside of other players.
- Closed an exploit in Prop Hunt where props could hide under the map.
- Capture the Flag
- Added Frequency and Jungle to map rotation.
- Players will no longer join Domination matches that are almost over.
- Added Humiliation finishing moves to Heist.
- Prop Hunt
- Addressed an issue where MKII Weapons were not progressing attachments and camos properly.
- Drone Squad now takes longer to target players equipped with Cold Blooded.
- Addressed an issue where players using in the Gunship could have their camera stuck in a non-functional state.
- Addressed an issue where the Hellstorm would sometimes self-destruct upon deployment.
- Addressed an issue where a player using the DART could end up seeing a teammate’s Hellstorm deployment view.
- Addressed an issue where players could bounce far away from one other when sliding into one another.
- Addressed an issue where Zero’s Ice Pick would not hack the Sentry or RCXD.
- Featured Playlists (June 25 – July 2)
- PS4/Xbox One
- Capture the Flag
- Endurance Moshpit
- Barebones Objective Moshpit
- Prop Hunt
- Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit
- PS4/Xbox One
- Medals now available in Blackout for in-game actions including reviving and assisting teammates, eliminating a Duo or Quad, taking down zombies, scoring a multikill, and more.
- Players earn Merits when Medals are achieved.
- Sentry now available in Stashes and Supply Drops in all Blackout modes.
- Sentry deals lower damage compared to its MP counterpart, acting as a nuisance/alert system in Blackout.
- Humiliation finishing moves now available to use against downed enemies in redeploy modes.
- Death Effects
- New “Numbers” Death Effect now rewarded for completing Outfit Missions in Blackout.
- Featured Playlists
- PS4/Xbox One (June 25 – July 2)
- Alcatraz Quads
- Hot Pursuit
- PS4/Xbox One (June 25 – July 2)
- Featured Playlists (June 25-27)
- Capture the Flag
- Barebones Deathmatch Moshpit
- Endurance Moshpit
- Featured Playlists (June 25-27)
- Alcatraz Quads
- Hot Pursuit
Call of Duty players want a Battlefield Portal inspired mode in the future
After FPS fans were blown away by Battlefield Portal’s reveal, Call of Duty fans want to see a similar mode in the future.
Battlefield 2042’s REDACTED mode was finally announced at EA Play: Battlefield Portal. This is a hub for content from previous Battlefield games, and Call of Duty players want to see a similar mode in the future.
Like Battlefield, Call of Duty has depicted various theatres of war over the years, both real and fictional. Although Battlefield 2042 is set in the near future, as a throwback for long-time fans of the franchise, they’ve included Battlefield Portal.
This brings weapons, maps, vehicles, and more from Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 into one, ultimate sandbox experience. Impressed with the new mode, Call of Duty fans have been asking for a similar experience.
Call of Duty fans have been desperate for remasters of their favorite games from the franchise, with Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer being the most prominent. Black Ops Cold War is chock-full of maps from Black Ops 2, but players still want to see more content from the games they grew up with.
Battlefield 2042 found the solution to this with their new Portal mode. With access to a ton of content from previous Battlefield games, players can create almost any custom game mode they can dream up.
“And that’s how you incorporate remastered content into your game,” said renowned industry insider Tom Henderson after seeing the reveal. He followed this by theorizing that Call of Duty will create something similar in the “next 5 years.”
His theory was met with resounding excitement, with many Call of Duty players wanting to see their favorite multiplayer and Zombies experiences return in the same way.
Battlefield Portal “truly could be the next BIG THING for creators,” said popular YouTuber Chaosxsilencer. “Imagine a Call of Duty Portal with BO2, BO3, WaW, MW2, MW3 assets all usable and customizable.”
“The custom game options available with #BATTLEFIELD2042 and the Battlefield Portal are amazing. So many options and ways to be creative and have fun,” said Call of Duty news account ModernWarzone. “@RavenSoftware we need things like this in Warzone, especially with Battlefield announcing this today.”
With how extensive of a backlog Call of Duty has, it’s very likely that Activision will take inspiration from Battlefield’s exciting new mode – and the demand for it is certainly there.
If you can’t wait to play Battlefield 2042, you can check out how to get access to the Open Beta in September.
Image Credit: Activision / EA
Zombies World Record beaten after nearly 300 hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
It took one Twitch streamer nearly 300 hours of gameplay to beat the World Record for Black Ops 3’s Nacht Der Untoten Zombies.
One player has done the unthinkable and beaten the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Nacht Der Untoten Zombies World Record by reaching round 255.
Zombies has a storied history dating all the way back to 2008 when Call of Duty: World at War came bundled with a bonus mini-game called ‘Nacht der Untoten.’ The legendary Nazi Zombies mode would go on to reach ridiculous levels of popularity to the point that Treyarch had to make extra Zombies maps.
Since then, virtually every single CoD title has included new versions and variations of the Zombies formula. Black Ops Cold War is currently enjoying the launch of Mauer Der Toten, the freshest Zombies experience.
However, one Twitch streamer has overlooked modern Zombies in favor of a previous game – Black Ops 3. After 20 days of playing the same game of Nacht Der Untoten on and off, a new World Record was set.
The feat was accomplished by CoD Zombies Twitch streamer TomPhantasy as he smashed the previous record by a staggering 40 rounds to reach Round 255.
Beginning his run on July 2, he spent the next 20 days clocking up nearly 300 hours of game time to obliterate the previous Nacht Der Untoten record.
Remarkably, he was only downed twice, and they both came once he’d surpassed the record figure anyway.
The final seconds of the footage are of the streamer clearing up the last few dregs of Zombies until the round icon in the bottom-left changes to 255.
This absolutely smashes the previous record of 216 rounds set by user Chihiro-516, and may never be beaten.
Dexerto was even able to secure an exclusive word with the streamer to get more reaction to his feat: “The Zombies community has been supporting me for months when I have been attempting this record through the highs and lows,” he said.
He continued: “I knew I had to keep going, because after 24.8 days the game freezes, This meant I had to play 13+ hours per day for those 25 days.”
Massive congratulations need to go to the player who was able to gut his way through an arduous three weeks of Zombies. With Mauer Der Toten very much the new Zombies craze, we wonder if he will one day attempt to set the record for it.
Also, for some more incredible accomplishments, check out the Cold War player who reached 10th Prestige without killing a single player.
Image Credit: Activision / TomPhantasy
How much are COD Points? How to buy, price, how to spend & more
COD Points are the currency of Call of Duty. Here’s a guide on their price, how you can buy them, where to spend them, and what you can buy.
COD Points have become an integral part of Call of Duty games as they can buy some great cosmetics and other items to show off. So here’s a quick guide to tell you how much points cost, how you can buy them, where you can spend them, and what you can get.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Cold War and Warzone offering special Rambo and John McClane skins and bringing back legendary Operators like Soap and Captain Price, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend COD Points.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game and requires COD Points to do so.
So with our detailed guide today, we’re going to run through the basics of COD Points to help you understand them, tell you what they do, and more.
What is the price of COD Points?
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying COD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas some need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various COD Points bundles:
- 200 COD Points for $1.99 or £1.79
- 500 COD Points for $4.99 or £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) COD Points for $9.99 or £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) COD Points for $19.99 or £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) COD Points for $39.99 or £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) COD Points for $74.99 or £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) COD Points for $99.99 or £84.99
How do I buy COD Points?
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
These are the various ways you can procure COD Points.
This method is only for PC players.
A quick visit to the Battle.net shop will take you to the aforementioned COD Points bundles, and you can take your pick.
This method is only for PlayStation players.
Head to the PlayStation Store either on your PS4, PS5, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or PSN credit.
Xbox Microsoft Store
This method is only for Xbox players.
Head to the Microsoft Store either on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or on the Official website and you’ll find the same selection of COD Points bundles.
You will be able to purchase them using money or Xbox Gift cards.
Online or select physical retailers will have copious amounts of COD Points vouchers and gift cards for you to purchase. There will be no difference between official sales and retails sales as they will all sell the same bundles.
Where do I spend my COD Points?
Now that you have a nice bundle of COD Points, where do you actually go to spend them? Well, the answer is rather simple: head to the in-game store for the game you’re playing, browse, and buy.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone are currently in Season Two of their respective lifecycles at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 2, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough COD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Treyarch / Raven Software
Activision Blizzard execs respond internally to California lawsuit, calling allegations ‘troubling’
Activision Blizzard executives have sent internal emails to staff in response to the recent lawsuit.
Warzone players call for devs to add permanent Rebirth Island playlists
Rebirth Island has become a popular map for Warzone players, but the community is calling for permanent playlists like Verdansk.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 23
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the...