As stated by Treyarch in their Reddit update earlier this week, Contracts are returning in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and today in a blog post the studio has showcased how Contracts will work in game in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
Contracts will be available on Tuesday, June 25 on all platforms in a new patch update for the game, that will also bring Hacienda Twilight to Black Ops 4.
Treyarch stated that they are working to add more ways to unlock contact in-game and Contracts are a step towards achieving that.
Here’s the full details on Contracts, directly Treyarch:
Contracts Arrive in Black Ops 4 on June 25th
Starting next week on all platforms, we’re launching Contracts in Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 to give players new ways to earn in-game rewards through rotating daily challenges. We’ve heard the community’s requests for more rewards through gameplay in all modes, and we’re expanding Contracts to provide new benefits for playing Multiplayer, Blackout, Zombies, and World League.
Here’s everything you need to know about the new Contracts system coming to Black Ops 4:
- Earn More Rewards in All Modes: Contracts will be available in Multiplayer, Blackout, Zombies, and World League, each with their own unique challenges to complete. Players will be able to jump from mode to mode to complete Contracts in any order they like.
- Daily and Active Contracts: Players will have a global Daily Contract and six additional Contracts to choose from in each of the four modes, for up to 28 Contracts available to complete at any given time. Up to three Contracts can be active at once, including two player-selected Contracts and one Daily Contract for each game mode.
- Contract Availability:
- Daily Contracts will refresh every 24 hours. Players must complete their Daily Contract in each mode before the refresh, when a new Daily Contract will take its place.
- Activated Contracts will refresh at a regular interval, and any of these Contracts can be swapped out for another while retaining progress made until the Contract pool refreshes. Currently activated Contracts will never expire, and progress made toward inactive Contracts will be lost when the pool refreshes.
- Standard vs. Hard Contracts: Players will be able to activate two types of Contracts aside from the Daily Contract in each game mode. Standard Contracts will provide a moderate challenge that can be completed fairly quickly, while Hard Contracts will put your skills to the test with more rewards to earn for completion. Here’s an example of a Hard Contract in Blackout:
- Contract Earnings: Rewards from completing a Contract can include:
- Reserve Cases (one or more, based on the challenge required)
- Bonus XP in Multiplayer, Zombies, and World League
- Bonus Nebulium Plasma in Zombies
- Bonus Merits in Blackout
- Reserve Earn Rate and Daily Tier Skips: On top of the new Contracts system, players will continue to earn Reserve Cases at a constant rate through gameplay. Players will also continue to earn Daily Tier Skips, which will still be awarded for the first win in Multiplayer or League Play, first Merit earned in Blackout, or for reaching round 15 in Classic Zombies.
- Zombies Rewards: Daily Contracts will replace Daily Callings in Zombies, giving players new ways to earn Reserves, Zombies XP, and Nebulium Plasma in addition to the mode’s extra Daily Tier Skip. The second Daily Tier Skip in Zombies will now be awarded when the Zombies Daily Contract is completed.
With up to 28 Contracts to complete at any given time and new opportunities to unlock Reserves through gameplay in all modes, players will have more ways to earn in-game rewards than ever just by playing the game – the more you play, the more you earn.
Unlock More New Weapons
In addition to Contracts, we’re making changes to how new Weapon Bribes will work in the future. In an upcoming update, we’ll introduce the new Ultra Weapon Bribe that will first reward a Black Market weapon that you don’t own. Once you own any variant (base version, MKII, etc.) of all Black Market weapons in the game, Ultra Weapon Bribes will then reward a MKII Weapon, Mastercraft, or other variant that you haven’t unlocked yet.
Standard Weapon Bribes will continue to work as they currently do, and all types of Weapon Bribes will remain duplicate-protected until the player already owns every Black Market weapon, MKII Weapon, and Mastercraft in the game.
We’re planning to introduce a new special event later in Operation Spectre Rising which will include an earnable Ultra Weapon Bribe through Contraband, and players can expect to earn additional Ultra Weapon Bribes in the future to add more Black Market weapons to their collection.
All Black Ops 4 Prestige emblems & how to get them
Here’s every Black Ops 4 Prestige emblem across multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout – and how to unlock them to show off your accomplishments.
Black Ops 4 was the last Call of Duty title to feature a traditional Prestige system, so here are all the emblems and how to get them.
In every Call of Duty game since the original CoD 4: Modern Warfare, players have been able to flex their skill and time put in my Prestiging.
This resets your rank back to level 1, giving you a new grind and rewards to show for it. One of these rewards is a cool-looking new emblem to show everyone in the lobby that you’re a serious competitor.
2018’s Black Ops 4 was the last Call of Duty to feature the classic Prestige system, so we’re taking a look at how to Prestige and every emblem in BO4.
How to Prestige in Black Ops 4
To Prestige in Black Ops 4, you need to hit the max level in the game. Once you’ve done that, you can Prestige and start unlocking new items as you continue to do so. And once you’ve Prestiged 10 times, you can hit Prestige Master and get another unique emblem.
The max level in Black Ops 4 is 55 in multiplayer and Zombies and 80 in Blackout, so you need to hit this level 10 times to be Prestige Master.
Here’s a simple guide to Prestiging in Black Ops 4:
- Play Black Ops 4 multiplayer, Zombies, or Blackout until you reach max level
- Press the ‘menu’ button and you’ll see a prompt saying, “Prestige mode available”
- Follow the prompt to the Progress & Unlocks screen
- Press ‘Enter Prestige Mode’ in the top right corner of the screen
You’ll have now Prestiged, so keep doing this until you hit Prestige Master!
All Black Ops 4 multiplayer Prestige emblems
There were 10 Prestige levels in Black Ops 4’s multiplayer, with a unique emblem available for players who reached Prestige Master.
Here’s every Black Ops 4 multiplayer Prestige emblem in order.
All Black Ops 4 Zombies Prestige emblems
Black Ops 4 offers separate Prestige emblems for the Zombies grinders. Again, there are 10 Prestige levels to climb through, and a special Prestige Master emblem for those who went above and beyond.
Here are Black Ops 4’s Zombies Prestige emblems.
Black Ops 4 Blackout Prestige emblems
As part of Operation Grand Heist, Call of Duty 4’s battle royale, Blackout, got its own Prestige system. This acts the same as multiplayer and Zombies, with those hitting level 80 being able to Prestige.
Here are all of Black Ops 4’s Blackout Prestige emblems.
And those are all of the Prestige emblems in Black Ops 4! For more on this Call of Duty title, check out how many people play it in 2021.
Image Credit:Treyarch / u/Swiiifto via Reddit
How many people play Black Ops 4? 2021 player count
Ever wondered how many people are currently playing Black Ops 4? We look at the 2018 Call of Duty title’s 2021 player count.
If you’re looking at picking up Black Ops 4, it’s worth knowing how many people are playing the game. We’re taking a look at how many are still playing 2018’s Call of Duty title in 2021.
Black Ops 4 was the last Call of Duty title to release before Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War shook up the formula. It featured the first-ever CoD battle royale, Blackout, which paved the way for Warzone’s incredible success.
The game became free as part of PlayStation Plus in July, but with no joint progression system, there’s less of a reason to go back to it. However, many still prefer the game’s mechanics and maps, so it still has a player base.
Here’s how many people are still playing Black Ops 4 in 2021.
What is Black Ops 4’s player count in 2021?
Unfortunately, there’s no precise way to tell how many people are playing Black Ops 4 in 2021. However, we’ve done some digging around various player count tracking websites to come up with a rough estimate.
According to PlayStation tracking website PS-Timetracker, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 was played by 2,510 of their users in August 2021. Of course, the number is likely much higher because you must sign up to have your stats tracked, and it only takes PlayStation players into account.
Another website, PlayerCounter, says that, at the time of writing, there are roughly 12,000 people playing Call of Duty games released before Modern Warfare (2019). Unfortunately, Black Ops 4 has been included with the other previous CoD games, so there is no precise data.
From this info, we estimate that there is likely somewhere between 5,000-10,000 players playing Black Ops 4 in September 2021.
Black Ops 4 player count comparison
Activision revealed in May that Call of Duty: Warzone has had over 100 million players log in to the battle royale title. According to PlayerCounter, there are 2 million players playing Modern Warfare right now, but this likely takes Warzone into account too.
According to Steam Charts, Black Ops III has 1,300 active users and the rest of the Call of Duty titles on Steam, such as WWII and Advanced Warfare, have player counts only in the hundreds. However, incorporating consoles likely makes the player counts higher.
Image Credit: Activision
Black Ops Zombies fans are begging Treyarch for a standalone game
Call of Duty fans are once again calling on Activision to create and develop a massive standalone Zombies game.
Zombies is one of the most popular facets of any Call of Duty game, and fans are once again calling for a standalone game to create the biggest Zombies experience ever.
When Zombies was first added to Call of Duty: World at War back in 2008, few could have predicted the juggernaut it would become among fans of the legendary FPS series. Since then, Zombies has been a staple in Treyarch CoD games, while Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward have dabbled in it too.
Black Ops Cold War‘s take on the game is certainly one of the most ambitious, with the open-world Outbreak mode a fan favorite. While Cold War has plenty of undead action, fans are still calling for even more: a standalone Zombies game developed by Treyarch.
There’s definitely interest from the community around this idea, with Reddit user ‘shweba16’ posting their idea about how it could work on the CODZombies subreddit, while asking others for their thoughts on whether it was a good idea.
“What would you guys think if Zombies became its own separate game like Warzone with Treyarch [as] developers?” they asked. “What if this game had all the maps, running on BO3 mechanics, while also having the upgradeable features from Cold War?”
“The game gets a constant stream of updates, season after season, with Wonder Weapons and maps being added. I’m only saying this since there’s a huge disparity between how much time I’ve put into Zombies compared to multiplayer this year.”
Zombies fans were definitely into the idea, with some saying they “only play CoD games for Zombies anyway,” while others discussed the possibility that they could turn it into a true campaign too, like other popular horror games such as Resident Evil or Days Gone.
Unfortunately for those who love this idea, it definitely won’t be happening any time soon. Sledgehammer Games have already confirmed that Treyarch have built and developed Vanguard’s Zombies mode, which will continue Cold War’s Dark Aether storyline.
Image Credits: Treyarch / Activision
Warzone & Cold War The Numbers event: Challenges & rewards
Warzone and Cold War's plot will thicken with Season 5 Reloaded's The Numbers event, so here's how to earn the...
CoD: Vanguard leak reveals insane number of camos for each weapon
a Call of Duty: Vanguard leak has revealed the type of challenges and amount of camos available for each weapon,...
All CoD: Mobile Season 8 weapon buffs & nerfs: AS VAL, Rytec AMR, more
Here's every weapon buff and nerf included in CoD Mobile Season 8, which includes major changes to ARs and Snipers...