Data miners who have searched the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare PC files have now been many references and content surrounding the Battle Royale mode that could be coming to the game.
There has been many references within the files to “BR” but Activision has not announced any such mode for the game.
The new leak, posted on Reddit, has showcased the points of interest on the map, an image of the overview of the map, a look at the skill set and items in the BR mode, and more.
There’s no indication of when or if this mode will ever release. Rumors have suggested that the company plans to bring a Battle Royale mode to the game in early 2020 as a standalone, free to play mode. The rumors states that Raven Software is leading development of this mode, while Infinity Ward focuses on the main game.
Note: all images in this post are hosted by Reddit and not CharlieIntel to avoid DMCA requests.
Here’s the full leak:
All information is subject to change as the content is currently unreleased.Map
- Storage Town
- TV Station
Points of Interest
- Fire Station
- Gas Station
- Gun Store
- Police Station
Eliminate all opponents to win.
Default Options (Public Match)
- Player Count: 200
- Playlists: Solo (1), Duos (2), and Squads (4)
- End-Game Radar: On
- Infiltration Option: C130
- Pre-Game Lobby Free-for-All: On
- Post-Game Exfiltration: Off
- Max Health: 150
- Last Stand Health: 100
- Last Stand Revive Health: 30
- Last Stand Timer: 60s
- Last Stand Revive Time: 7s
- Friendly Fire Punish Limit: 2
- Gulag: On
Additional Options (Private Match)
- Infiltration Options: C130, Convoy, Blackhawk
- Starting Weapon: Fists, G21 Pistol, MP5, M4A1, Knife
- Enable BR Loot: Turns on loot on supported maps.
- Circle Star Size Override: Size of the damage circle at map start. Default match starts with no circle. Use this for smaller matches.
- Circle Damage Multiplier
Respawn Tokens can be looted. After one use, Respawn Tokens are disabled for the player.
To respawn a teammate, obtain a Respawn Token, then drop their body near an Ambulance. Once the body is dropped at the Ambulance, the player will enter the Gulag queue for a chance to win a 1v1 and respawn into the match.
At some point during the match, the Gulag will be closed and no longer usable, thus preventing respawns.
Once a player has respawned, they must locate and activate a Mobile Armory to retrieve their loadout.
Battle Royale features Missions which can be looted via finding tablets. Only one Mission can be active for a Squad at a time.
- Timed Run
- Assassination (Eliminate specific player)
- Scavenger Hunt (Collect Scavenger Crates)
- Domination (Capture Domination Point)
- Random (Random Mission)
If no Bounty is available for the Assassination Mission, Consolation Plunder will be awarded.
When a Mission is started or completed, the entire Squad will be notified by an on-screen message.
- Fulton Recovery Device placed
- Fulton Balloon successfully away
- Fulton Balloon shot down
- Players have the ability to mark Vehicles, Locations, Items, Enemies, and Dangerous Locations
- Battle Royale will have its own slice on the Main Menu
The Jump Master of a Squad can select a deployment point prior to the match start. If the Jump Master chooses to discard the role, any player can become it. Players who are not the Jump Master have the ability to jump separately from the team, if you detach from the Jump Master, you will not drop in proximity to your loadout bag.Loot
- Rarities: White, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold
- Limited inventory space
- Requisition Airdrop Timer: 30s
- All Weapons, Attachments, Equipment, Field Upgrades*, and Killstreaks* from Multiplayer
- Gas Mask, Vests, Helmets, Bandages, Ammo, Backpacks, Portable Defibrillator, and Plunder
- Cannot hold two of the same weapon
- Cannot take Armor of lower level than currently equipped
- Attachments which are incompatible with the current weapon will be placed in the Backpack
- Supply Crates contain potentially valuable equipment or items
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 30 Reduces the effect of Flash and Concussion grenades
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 30
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 15
- Ballistic Vest LVL 1: Absorbs 50 damage
- Ballistic Vest LVL 2: Absorbs 150 damage
- Ballistic Vest LVL 3: Absorbs 150 damage and increases healing item usage by 25
- High Alert: Grants vision when an enemy looks at you from outside of your FoV.
- Spotter: Enemy equipment within a small radius is visible and highlighted to you, even through walls.
- Tracker: Enemies leave footprints as they move, and increased crouch movement speed.
- Stalker: Faster movement while aiming down sight.
- Marksman: Allows you to identify enemies from farther away by showing their names at a greater distance.
- Sleight of Hand: Reload your weapons 50% faster than normal.
- Armorer: You use armor plates 20% faster, and they supply 10% more armor.
- Artisan Tastes: Weapons you pick up have a chance to automatically upgrade.
- Deep Pockets: Any usable equipment you pick up has an extra use.
- Grenadier: Any throwable equipment you pick up has an extra use.
- Healer: Your medic items continue to heal for an additional 25% of their value over the next 20 seconds.
- Thief: When you Harvest, generate 20% more plunder.
- Ammo Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some ammunition.
- Armor Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some armor plates.
- Medic Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some medic items.
- Plunder Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some Plunder.
- Bounty Hunter: If you kill someone with more Perks than you, gain enough points to match them, and then you can replace this perk.
- Ghost: You are invisible to drones and sensors.
- Sneaky: Your Footsteps are invisible, and enemies are not warned when you track them.
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal: Explosive Resistance, and you can capture enemy claymores and mines.
- Killstreaks activated using Lethal and Tactical buttons
- Juggernauts cannot pick up Loot
UAV Satellite Trucks must be charged before scanning an area. Once used, they will remain on cooldown for some time before coming back online.
- Mobile Armory: Retrieve loadouts, can only be used once per activation
- Armory Kiosk
Earn Plunder by completing missions and eliminating enemies. Purchase game changing items at plunder box locations.
Collect Plunder and convert it into XP by depositing it into ATM machines located throughout the game.
- The player who collects the most Plunder in a match will be named the Best Plunderer
- There is a minimum amount of Plunder required before depositing it into the Bank
- Plunder dropped from eliminated enemies expires after some time
- When players enter a Bank, the Bank Alarm will sound, alerting all enemies within the vicinity
Gulag Prison Camp
1 on 1, single round match. Win to respawn.
When enabled, players will have a chance to respawn back into the match by winning a 1v1 fight.
The Gulag acts as a King of the Hill style gauntlet, meaning players in the Gulag Queue will spectate the players who are currently fighting in the Gulag. There will be a countdown on the screen indicating how many rounds are left until you fight.
A Jail Break happens every so often and kicks all players out of the Gulag and back into the match.
Players have the ability to place bets on the players who are fighting using Plunder.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players call for White Phosphorus killstreak to be removed or buffed
Modern Warfare’s White Phosphorus is a deadly killstreak, so much so that it is even making players call for its removal due to the frustration it causes.
Some Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players have been calling for the developers to remove or buff the White Phosphorus killstreak.
As the player base is still strong, of course, fans are continuing to give feedback to the development team, with the recent calls for changes to the Ground War mode. However, now it seems players have an issue with the White Phosphorus killstreak.
Reddit user joshua-esaw put up a post with the idea to: “Remove white phosphorus or improve the visibility for your teammates.”
White Phosphorous is a killstreak in Modern Warfare that places a huge area of white smoke across the map that damages the enemy team.
The killstreak is really powerful. However, it can be disorientating for the teammates and the user, especially as you can take damage from it.
The full post is pretty explicit, with the player clearly being frustrated about the issue. The player even states that it is the “worst killstreak” in the game, purely because its negatives outweigh the positives, seeing no reason to use it “except to just annoy people.”
Players in the comments also agree, with one stating that “the coughing is the most annoying part.”
Another user shared their negative experience with the killstreak as well, saying:
“I had a Ground War once where every few minutes someone would call it in. It’s more an inconvenience than anything else when it was enemy, and it just pissed me off when it was friendly. It felt more like a detriment than anything else when I couldn’t see more than a few meters in front of me. For nearly the whole bloody game…”
The killstreak has been in the game since launch, so we doubt it’ll be going anywhere soon. Unfortunately, players who love this game are just going to have to deal with it and hope no one else uses the killstreak.
For more on Modern Warfare, stay tuned via Charlie INTEL, and check out how to fix the reticle menu not working.
Image Credits: Raven Software / Activision
How to fix Modern Warfare reticle menu not working
An annoying glitch with Modern Warfare’s menu system won’t let players change their weapon reticle. Thankfully, a clever workaround exists.
A frustrating glitch with Modern Warfare’s menu system is leaving players unable to change the reticles on their guns. Thankfully, we’ve got everything you need to work around the problem.
Having the right reticle on your weapons can be super important. Using sights like a Red Dot or Holographic can make it easier to target enemies, but the wrong reticle can make it an even bigger challenge than before.
Unfortunately, an annoying glitch with the Modern Warfare menu system is making it impossible to change them. When players select the option, it immediately launches them into the “Play” menu, and is affecting players on PC and PlayStation.
Modern Warfare reticle menu workaround
While this is incredibly frustrating, the good news is that there is a workaround for those struggling to change the reticle on their weapons.
Some players have managed to use the game’s Blueprint system to change their reticles, and while not ideal, does let players choose which one they want to use.
Affected players may want to try:
- Open Warzone, and go to the Weapon Gunsmiuth.
- Choose your optic, then select the reticle you want.
- Go back to the main Gunsmith screen, and create a new Weapon Modiciation.
- Once saved, go back to multiplayer and select the gun you modified.
While this is a lengthier process, it will allow you to make any changes to the reticle that you want.
The good news is that this issue has been added to Activision‘s “known issues” page, which means developers Infinity Ward are aware of it.
When the team will drop a fix for this problem remains unknown, but with around 2 million people playing the game daily, fans will be desperate to see this bug squashed in the near future. With major updates set to drop with Warzone Season 5, it’s possible the fix may come then.
Image Credits: Infinity Ward
Warzone players call for boycott over Blizzard lawsuit and hacking problems
Due to the Blizzard lawsuit and endless hacking, Warzone, and other Call of Duty players, are calling for a boycott of Store purchases.
Warzone players are encouraging all Call of Duty gamers to boycott the purchase of skins and bundles from the store in response to the recent Activision Blizzard lawsuit and constant Warzone hacking.
It’s been an unsettling time for Call of Duty and its respective titles – Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, CoD: Mobile, and Modern Warfare. The ongoing Activision Blizzard lawsuit has impacted the franchise, and fans are calling for fellow players to stop buying goods from the CoD store in protest.
This includes everything from skins to Operator Bundles to even the Seasonal Battle Pass. Warzone players are citing the lawsuit, “empty updates,” and hackers as the driving force behind this movement.
Added to this is the purported series of empty updates “full of microtransactions in order to milk the players,” and the ever-increasing threat of hackers, and players have seemingly had enough.
Reddit user Jaszs has lead the charge by saying: “I’m writing this as someone who has played every. single. COD since COD2, and WZ since day 1 until yesterday, and also a former Blizzard fan. Yes, I know it may sound bad, but based on what’s going on (sexual harassment lawsuit, suppressing and abusive treatment of their employees…) I really think those guys don’t deserve anything from us, their customers.
“You can even keep playing the game if you want (there are some cool alternatives though; if you need some just ask in the comments!), just don’t spend any money in their store. In any case, you should also remember that they are the same guys that are releasing empty updates full of microtransactions in order to milk the players, releasing over and over the same game and not giving a single f*ck about the increasing number of hackers.”
The very passionate statement received over 300 comments and counting, and it’s universally in favor of boycotting Activision’s Store ahead of the Warzone Season 5 launch.
Given that there are many responses, here are a selection of replies:
- “I’ve got 900 COD points and level 90 on the battle pass. Not spending a penny more on this game. They don’t respect their employees, they don’t respect the players (anti-cheat lmao) they aren’t getting anymore of my money.”
- “Once all this sh*t came to light, my entire friend group collectively uninstalled the game and swore off of it for good. We were already mad at the game for being poorly managed with hackers and constant glitches/crashes. I suppose this was the lead straw that broke the metaphorical camel’s back.”
- “Based on the way they’ve handled cheating, the CW integration, and the general state of the game in the last year, I’m shocked than any of you have been buying cosmetic items from them. Do you realize what kind of message you’re sending by making the worst CoD their highest-earning one?”
At the time of writing, the post has nearly 1.8K upvotes and rising. Given the player count of Warzone far exceeds this, it’s hard to imagine this boycott would do too much damage.
Conversely, Producer at Sledgehammer Games Alayna Cole has Tweeted an important message concerning the circumstances.
Boycotting the Activision store will have an obvious knock-on effect in terms of sales revenue, and would ultimately disrupt the salaries and jobs of many employees who are not involved in this lawsuit.
It’s a hard position for all involved and for players who engage in Call of Duty games. The lawsuit is still long ongoing, and we’ll continue to update you at Charlie INTEL with any breaking developments.
Image Credit: Activision Blizzard
Is Halo Infinite cross-platform? Current cross-play status
Halo Infinite is exciting those who are fans of the original games, but will it evolve like other multiplayer games...
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare players call for White Phosphorus killstreak to be removed or buffed
Modern Warfare's White Phosphorus is a deadly killstreak, so much so that it is even making players call for its...
Warzone August 2 update patch notes: OTs 9 unlock challenge fix, Payload & general bug fixes
Raven Software has rolled out a new update for Call of Duty: Warzone on August 2, and we have all...