Data miners who have searched the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare PC files have now been many references and content surrounding the Battle Royale mode that could be coming to the game.
There has been many references within the files to “BR” but Activision has not announced any such mode for the game.
The new leak, posted on Reddit, has showcased the points of interest on the map, an image of the overview of the map, a look at the skill set and items in the BR mode, and more.
There’s no indication of when or if this mode will ever release. Rumors have suggested that the company plans to bring a Battle Royale mode to the game in early 2020 as a standalone, free to play mode. The rumors states that Raven Software is leading development of this mode, while Infinity Ward focuses on the main game.
Note: all images in this post are hosted by Reddit and not CharlieIntel to avoid DMCA requests.
Here’s the full leak:
All information is subject to change as the content is currently unreleased.Map
- Storage Town
- TV Station
Points of Interest
- Fire Station
- Gas Station
- Gun Store
- Police Station
Eliminate all opponents to win.
Default Options (Public Match)
- Player Count: 200
- Playlists: Solo (1), Duos (2), and Squads (4)
- End-Game Radar: On
- Infiltration Option: C130
- Pre-Game Lobby Free-for-All: On
- Post-Game Exfiltration: Off
- Max Health: 150
- Last Stand Health: 100
- Last Stand Revive Health: 30
- Last Stand Timer: 60s
- Last Stand Revive Time: 7s
- Friendly Fire Punish Limit: 2
- Gulag: On
Additional Options (Private Match)
- Infiltration Options: C130, Convoy, Blackhawk
- Starting Weapon: Fists, G21 Pistol, MP5, M4A1, Knife
- Enable BR Loot: Turns on loot on supported maps.
- Circle Star Size Override: Size of the damage circle at map start. Default match starts with no circle. Use this for smaller matches.
- Circle Damage Multiplier
Respawn Tokens can be looted. After one use, Respawn Tokens are disabled for the player.
To respawn a teammate, obtain a Respawn Token, then drop their body near an Ambulance. Once the body is dropped at the Ambulance, the player will enter the Gulag queue for a chance to win a 1v1 and respawn into the match.
At some point during the match, the Gulag will be closed and no longer usable, thus preventing respawns.
Once a player has respawned, they must locate and activate a Mobile Armory to retrieve their loadout.
Battle Royale features Missions which can be looted via finding tablets. Only one Mission can be active for a Squad at a time.
- Timed Run
- Assassination (Eliminate specific player)
- Scavenger Hunt (Collect Scavenger Crates)
- Domination (Capture Domination Point)
- Random (Random Mission)
If no Bounty is available for the Assassination Mission, Consolation Plunder will be awarded.
When a Mission is started or completed, the entire Squad will be notified by an on-screen message.
- Fulton Recovery Device placed
- Fulton Balloon successfully away
- Fulton Balloon shot down
- Players have the ability to mark Vehicles, Locations, Items, Enemies, and Dangerous Locations
- Battle Royale will have its own slice on the Main Menu
The Jump Master of a Squad can select a deployment point prior to the match start. If the Jump Master chooses to discard the role, any player can become it. Players who are not the Jump Master have the ability to jump separately from the team, if you detach from the Jump Master, you will not drop in proximity to your loadout bag.Loot
- Rarities: White, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold
- Limited inventory space
- Requisition Airdrop Timer: 30s
- All Weapons, Attachments, Equipment, Field Upgrades*, and Killstreaks* from Multiplayer
- Gas Mask, Vests, Helmets, Bandages, Ammo, Backpacks, Portable Defibrillator, and Plunder
- Cannot hold two of the same weapon
- Cannot take Armor of lower level than currently equipped
- Attachments which are incompatible with the current weapon will be placed in the Backpack
- Supply Crates contain potentially valuable equipment or items
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 30 Reduces the effect of Flash and Concussion grenades
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 30
- Helmet LVL 1: Reduces headshot damage by 15
- Ballistic Vest LVL 1: Absorbs 50 damage
- Ballistic Vest LVL 2: Absorbs 150 damage
- Ballistic Vest LVL 3: Absorbs 150 damage and increases healing item usage by 25
- High Alert: Grants vision when an enemy looks at you from outside of your FoV.
- Spotter: Enemy equipment within a small radius is visible and highlighted to you, even through walls.
- Tracker: Enemies leave footprints as they move, and increased crouch movement speed.
- Stalker: Faster movement while aiming down sight.
- Marksman: Allows you to identify enemies from farther away by showing their names at a greater distance.
- Sleight of Hand: Reload your weapons 50% faster than normal.
- Armorer: You use armor plates 20% faster, and they supply 10% more armor.
- Artisan Tastes: Weapons you pick up have a chance to automatically upgrade.
- Deep Pockets: Any usable equipment you pick up has an extra use.
- Grenadier: Any throwable equipment you pick up has an extra use.
- Healer: Your medic items continue to heal for an additional 25% of their value over the next 20 seconds.
- Thief: When you Harvest, generate 20% more plunder.
- Ammo Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some ammunition.
- Armor Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some armor plates.
- Medic Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some medic items.
- Plunder Scavenger: Enemies you kill always drop some Plunder.
- Bounty Hunter: If you kill someone with more Perks than you, gain enough points to match them, and then you can replace this perk.
- Ghost: You are invisible to drones and sensors.
- Sneaky: Your Footsteps are invisible, and enemies are not warned when you track them.
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal: Explosive Resistance, and you can capture enemy claymores and mines.
- Killstreaks activated using Lethal and Tactical buttons
- Juggernauts cannot pick up Loot
UAV Satellite Trucks must be charged before scanning an area. Once used, they will remain on cooldown for some time before coming back online.
- Mobile Armory: Retrieve loadouts, can only be used once per activation
- Armory Kiosk
Earn Plunder by completing missions and eliminating enemies. Purchase game changing items at plunder box locations.
Collect Plunder and convert it into XP by depositing it into ATM machines located throughout the game.
- The player who collects the most Plunder in a match will be named the Best Plunderer
- There is a minimum amount of Plunder required before depositing it into the Bank
- Plunder dropped from eliminated enemies expires after some time
- When players enter a Bank, the Bank Alarm will sound, alerting all enemies within the vicinity
Gulag Prison Camp
1 on 1, single round match. Win to respawn.
When enabled, players will have a chance to respawn back into the match by winning a 1v1 fight.
The Gulag acts as a King of the Hill style gauntlet, meaning players in the Gulag Queue will spectate the players who are currently fighting in the Gulag. There will be a countdown on the screen indicating how many rounds are left until you fight.
A Jail Break happens every so often and kicks all players out of the Gulag and back into the match.
Players have the ability to place bets on the players who are fighting using Plunder.
How to unlock the Sykov Pistol in Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 2
The Sykov full-auto pistol has finally been added to Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
In a surprise update on April 15, the highly-anticipated Sykov full-auto Pistol was added to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
After players found the Sykov Pistol in Plunder, they were desperate to get their hands on this new Modern Warfare weapon. In an update on April 15, the Sykov Pistol was finally added to the game.
It’s described in-game as a “double-action/single-action sidearm” that “comes with a few custom gunsmith mods that make it an outstanding addition to any arsenal.” From gameplay, we know that these powerful modifications are the full-auto feature and the 80 Round Mags.
With the right attachments, the Sykov pistol is unstoppable at close-range. Here’s everything you need to do to unlock it.
How to unlock the Sykov in Warzone and Modern Warfare
The Sykov Pistol is easy to unlock in Modern Warfare and Warzone, you simply need to get 4 kills while using pistols in 5 different matches.
If you own Modern Warfare, this is the place to do it. Jump into small maps such as Shipment or Shoot House in Hardcore mode, use any pistol, and you’ll be able to one-tap other players with ease.
If you only own Warzone, the challenge will be more difficult but is still very manageable. We recommend jumping into Plunder with some of Warzone’s best pistols. The akimbo Diamattis are still powerhouses, and dual Renettis will also offer similar results.
Also, we recommend you finish the match for progress to count. Leaving the match early can cause issues with the progress not counting, so you can simply get your pistol kills then play on as normal until the match ends.
How to unlock Akimbo for the Sykov pistol
What makes the Sykov so powerful is its Akimbo perk. This isn’t unlocked as a regular challenge, you’ll need to get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
The challenge description is reportedly bugged and will tell you to use the Renetti, but you need to use the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
Again, this challenge is easy in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer. We recommend playing Hardcore Shipment and Shoothouse as you’ll get the kills in no time.
For Warzone, we recommend hopping into Plunder. Equip Mo’Money to your Sykov and take close-range fights and you should be able to get at least three kills.
The Sykov’s arrival follows three new maps being added to Modern Warfare – Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. The latter two have been removed but will be returning soon as they still needed more “love.”
- Read more: When is Warzone’s nuke event?
The Sykov is also the first of the unreleased Modern Warfare weapons to have arrived in the game, with the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG still scheduled to arrive.
Ranked up, the Sykov pistol is likely to be a dominant weapon close-range in Warzone, so if the issues with unlocking it are addressed, it’s worth utilizing the upcoming Double XP event to quickly unlock all of the attachments.
Image Credit: Activision
New Modern Warfare MP maps returning soon
Killhouse added to Modern Warfare, as two more maps to come soon.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two new maps have been temporarily removed but will return soon, and Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
These two maps will be returning to Modern Warfare MP “soon” Infinity Ward says in a new tweet. The maps needed more “love” before they could become available to play.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
Cold War & Warzone Season 3 artwork reportedly leaked
A first look at Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 3 artwork has leaked online.
Warzone will reportedly get NVIDIA DLSS support with Season 3
NVIDIA DLSS could bring new technology and support for PC players in Warzone.
Treyarch reverses some bans following Cold War Zombies Sail 630 Nuclear Bug
Treyarch have responded to Cold War Zombies players reports that they have been falsely banned after receiving the 'Sail 630...