Destiny 2’s Beyond Light expansion is here, and players have already discovered a glitch that lets you hit the Level 1200 soft cap in less than an hour. Here’s everything you need to know to try it for yourself.
Destiny 2’s newest expansion Beyond Light is proving to be exceptionally ambitious. You will be sent to Jupiter’s icy-cold moon Europa where you will face many new challenges in your battle against the darkness.
This expansion is filled to the brim with new and familiar content for you to enjoy, but the gameplay has also been made more challenging. You may be tempted to dive into the campaign as soon as possible, but you will find yourself overwhelmed if you’re close to the base level.
However, there is a newly discovered exploit that you can make use of.
How to hit the level 1200 soft cap fast
Bungie has changed the power levels in the game so there will be a lot more exploring and grinding involved in reaching the Pinnacle cap, but it turns you can take a bit of of a shortcut.
The soft cap level is 1200 PL, and players have discovered a new method that will help you reach that in an insanely short amount of time! So if you’re under-leveled and want to get stronger quickly, here’s what you need to do.
You will get from your current power level to 1200 within an hour if you follow these instructions:
- Get a fire team together and head to the lost sector in the EDZ called Widow’s Walk (located to the left of the Trostland spawn)
- There you will encounter a wanted enemy so take him down.
- This boss will drop legendary loot that you can collect to help you level up.
- Simply leave the sector and then return after “Trostland” appears written.
- Fight and defeat him again to collect more loot.
Keep repeating this process and you will collect legendary gear every time. Many players have reported that this is the fastest way to hit the soft cap.
Another way to gain legendary gear is to head to the Hellmouth on the Moon in order to farm the Trove Guardian’s Chest and public events. Visiting Nessus and taking out the wanted Hydra enemy in The Inverted Spire strike will also result in you getting upgraded gear.
These lost sectors appear to be dropping legendary gear consistently so grind them as much as you can before they get patched up!
Image Credits: Bungie Inc.
How to get Eyes of Tomorrow rocket launcher in Destiny 2: Beyond Light
The Eyes Of Tomorrow exotic rocket launcher has arrived in Destiny 2. Here’s how you can get it.
The end of the Deep Stone Crypt raid in Beyond Light has unlocked many new exotic weapons in Destiny 2, including The Eyes Of Tomorrow exotic rocket launcher.
Destiny 2’s Beyond Light expansion has a plethora of new content available after the Deep Stone Crypt raid took place on November 21. Players who completed the raid unlocked powerful new gear and secrets. Now you can find many new exotic weapons all over Europa.
One new exotic weapon is called The Eyes of Tomorrow. This is a rocket launcher that’s becoming so popular that it’s being compared to Gjallarhorn, the most well known Exotic weapon from the original Destiny. Here is everything you need to know about it.
Eyes Of Tomorrow Exotic Rocket Launcher Perks
- Eyes On All: Lock onto multiple targets and hit them all with a single rocket at each of them. You will still fire six mini-rockets when locked onto a single target.
- Adaptive Ordnance: If you take out four enemies with one shot then the next shot will get a slight damage boost.
These perks make it clear why the weapon is being compared to Gjallarhorn since the latter was also able to lock on to and fire at multiple targets at once. This makes the Eyes Of Tomorrow ideal for dealing with hoards of enemies simultaneously, as well as for taking out raid bosses. All the missiles fired will target the boss if he’s the only one you were locked on to.
How To Get The Eyes Of Tomorrow
The only way to acquire The Eyes of Tomorrow is to complete the Deep Stone Crypt. You will have to win in your final encounter against the boss Taniks, the Abomination. Beat him and you’ll get this exotic weapon as a bonus drop in the final chest.
You will have one chance per week to get this exotic rocket launcher with one character. Luckily, the boss fight has been nerfed since the contest mode ended so you’ve got a greater chance of success. If you have a fireteam of Level 1240 or more then you will be able to progress through the Deep Stone Crypt without encountering much trouble.
The Eyes Of Tomorrow exotic rocket launcher is a rare drop but one that’s worth chasing because of the immense power it gives you. Be sure to spring for it whenever you get the chance.
How to get Destiny 2: Beyond Light’s Cloudstrike sniper
Destiny 2’s Cloudstrike sniper rifle certainly packs a punch, and here’s everything you need to know to get your hands on it.
The Deep Stone Crypt has unlocked new content for Beyond Light. This includes new exotic weapons such as The Cloudstrike sniper rifle. Here’s how you can get your hands on this powerful weapon.
The Beyond Light expansion for Destiny 2 is filled to the brim with new content. When you land on Europa, you will find new kinds of enemies, environments, and items, including some exotic gear you can find on Jupiter’s icy moon.
Cloudstrike is a unique and powerful exotic sniper rifle that became available after the completion of the recent Deep Stone Crypt raid. If you’re the type of player who prefers to camp and pick off his foes from long range, then you’ll want to swing for this gun. Here is everything you need to know about the Cloudstrike sniper.
Cloudstrike exotic sniper perks
Many sniper rifles are no longer available in Beyond Light following the completion of the raid. The Cloudstrike is one of the few left and it has 5 unique perks:
- Fluted Barrel: Boost to handling speed and stability
- Alloy Magazine: Weapon reloads faster when the magazine runs out
- Hand-Laid Stock: Improved stability
- Stormbringer: Formation of a lightning storm after multiple precision hits
- Mortal Polarity: Lightning forms from precision hits and final blows
The Cloudstrike does bonus lightning damage to enemies hit by rapid precision hits, especially those with a lot of health. This makes the weapon ideal when battling raid bosses.
How to acquire Cloudstrike in Destiny 2
Here’s how Guardians can acquire the Cloudstrike exotic sniper rifle:
- Talk with the Exo Stranger to start the “A Hard Rain Falls” quest
- Kill foes, complete public events and patrols in the week’s Eclipsed zone until you reach 1000 points. This week it’s in Eventide Ruins.
- Tell the Exo Stranger about your success to complete the quest and he will give you the High Albedo.
- Unlock both the Tier 1 and Tier 2 Europan Explorer nodes 1 in Variks the Loyal’s Sabotage menu by completing their assigned objectives
- Farm the new Empire Hunts playlist and you will be rewarded with The Cloudstrike sniper rifle
If you want to get the weapon faster then attempt the last step with the Adept difficulty setting. The weapon is extremely valuable because of how much damage you can deal with its precision hits and rolls. Whether you’re facing raid bosses or other players, the Cloudstrike exotic sniper rifle is a must-have.
How to unlock The Lament exotic sword in Destiny 2: Beyond Light
Here is how you unlock the new exotic sword in Destiny 2 Beyond Light.
Following the first completion of the Deep Stone Crypt raid in Beyond Light, Destiny 2 players can now get their hands on The Lament exotic sword. Here’s how you can add it to your inventory.
Destiny 2’s Beyond Light expansion has officially opened, with Deep Stone Crypt kicking off on November 21. Players took the opportunity to collect powerful new gear, and complete every task in order to find what the raid was hiding within.
With new activities unlocked after the raid completion, the exotic sword known as The Lament can now be obtained by players. Swords have proven to be extremely powerful in combat in recent seasons, so if you’re looking to give yourself an advantage, here is everything you need to know about this exotic weapon.
The Lament sword perks
The Lament is a solar sword that has many perks to give it a boost above other melee weapons. The Banshee’s Wail perk makes this a truly formidable weapon, allowing users to create revved attacks that deal even more damage.
There are five total perks on The Lament, which are:
- Jagged Edge: Damage boost but with less sword ammo
- Revved Consumption: Heals the user after dealing damage to a foe
- Enduring Guard: Guard has maximum efficiency and high endurance at the cost of low resistance
- Tireless Blade: Every other powered kill gives you ammo
- Banshee’s Wail: Revs up sword blade damage that stacks up after dealing damage with revved attacks. Also boosts shield bypass and adds shield piercing.
How to unlock The Lament sword
After the completion of the Deep Stone Crypt, an 11-step questline called ‘Lost Lament’ becomes available. You will get a notification about it after logging in to Destiny 2: Beyond Light. You don’t need to complete the raid yourself in order to do the quest.
Here is how you can complete the Lost Lament exotic quest:
- Visit the tower and talk to Banshee-44 in order to unlock the Lost Lament exotic quest
- Find and scan 3 dead Exos on Europa. You can find them:
- At the center of Cadmus Ridge
- In the front left corner of the boss area in the Perdition Lost Sector Ridge.
- By an ice formation on the right-hand side of the Asterion Abyss
- Locate the Destiny 2 Giant Exo in the Exo facility
- Talk with Clovis Bray at the Exo facility on Europa and you will have to prove yourself to him.
- Kill 100 Vex with Swords
- Kill a total of 20 enemies that are either Minotaurs, Hydras, or Cyclopes.
- Go to commander Zavala and Variks and complete the quests you get form them if you haven’t already. You need to have completed the Beyond Light campaign as well as the following quests:
- “Reclaiming Europa”
- “Empire’s Fall”
- “The Dark Priestess”
- Complete and Exo Challenge on your map
- Defeat 60 Vex with finishers
- Complete The Glassway” strike and take down the Harpy to collect blade pieces
- Return to the Tower and talk to Banshee-44 about the broken blade
- Head to Eventide Ruins and explore the Bunker E15 Lost Sector
- Complete the mission “Reforging the Past” to get the Lament exotic sword
- Speak with Banshee-44 back at the tower
The Lament exotic sword will become unlocked after these steps, and you can access it from your inventory.
Although these steps seem like they could take a while, some of the tasks required to unlock The Lament are actually available during your playthrough, so you may find you have ticked some off before you even start your quest.
How to get Red Dead Online standalone
Rockstar has announced that Red Dead Online will be a standalone game. Here's how to get your copy.
Black Ops Cold War Nov 24 Update: Nuketown & 2XP
Nuketown '84 has arrived. Free for everyone. Let the mayhem begin!
How to see players through walls in Call of Duty Warzone
These watches are allowing players to see their enemies through walls in Call of Duty: Warzone.