Along with sparkling new ice abilities and a frosty planet to explore, Europa also brings with it scattered penguins. Bungie has continued its trend of collectibles in Destiny 2: Beyond Light, and we’ll show you where to find the penguin collectibles.
Given the serious nature of the intense, action-packed, space drama that is Destiny, taking time out of your travels to find a chubby penguin just makes sense somehow. The items fits the bill in terms of the overall aesthetic of the game, but they’re not easy to acquire though.
Players familiar with previous Destiny expansion packs will already be accustomed to hunting down animal-shaped objects to add to a collection. Destiny’s Shadowkeep expansion tasked the player with finding some cool-looking rabbits, whilst Forsaken required you to search for mystical cats of all things.
Where will you find the penguin statues?
As is to be expected, our penguins can be found all over Europa, but at the moment you can only find a limited amount of them. Bungie seems to be rolling out a new penguin at weekly intervals to flesh out the content a bit and keep people on their toes.
Let’s see where the Destiny 2: Beyond Light penguin collectibles are hiding then.
First penguin – Cadmus Ridge
Our very first souvenir is located in Cadmus Ridge, tucked away in a small cave. So you’ll want to arrive at Charon’s Crossing and make your way there. You’ll then need to go upwards up and locate an icy gorge.
You’ll know you’re in the right one when you see a penguin statue in the back of the cave, and an ultra-powerful Wyvern defending it. We highly recommend your Power Level be somewhere in the region of 1200 before you enter here. Once you defeated it, go and pick up the penguin by the back wall.
Second penguin – Well of Infinitude
To start off, go to Asterion Abyss. Once here, head down the right side until you come to a path that forks. Enter the Well of Infinitude and keep going until you find yourself in a large room, with ice everywhere.
Keep searching it until you find an energy barrier/shield hidden in a corner, behind a doorway. Interact with it to lower it and claim your second prize.
Third penguin – Eventide Ruins
Statue number three is tucked away inside Eventide Ruins. For this one, you will need a Scorch Cannon to access our winter bird this time. If you need one, next to the Gravity Lift that will take you to Riis-Reborn, an enemy called Ferkis, Salvation’s Squall will appear, kill him, take the cannon.
You can find the penguin by some stairs that will normally take you to the Bunker E15 Lost Sector. But near these stairs, there’s a little alcove to their right with ice in it, use the Scorch Cannon on the ice and grab your third bird.
Where to place the statues
As an advanced space warrior you don’t really want to be seen lugging around strange penguin statues do you? So it’s best that you give them a home.
In order to do so, head back and go to the room opposite where Variks is. Head inside the room and there are different placements set out for each of the penguins to go on. A marker will indicate if you’ve found the right place.
First penguin’s placement
Second penguin’s placement
Third penguin’s placement
Collecting all these will go towards accomplishing a Truimph.
Keep checking back for further updates as Bungie add a new one each week.
Image credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 23
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week covered.
It is time for a new set of rewards to be available for Guardians to earn through the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris game mode, so here are all of the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week.
The world of Destiny 2 has a treasure trove of exciting activities for players to experience when they are playing.
One of the most popular game modes that the first-person shooter offers is, no doubt, Trials of Osiris, which is the game’s competitive multiplayer playlist that allows Guardians to test their skills against other players.
One of the exciting factors of this game mode, besides proving your skills, is the new set of rewards that players can earn with their success every week.
With this in mind, here are the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards for this week starting on July 23, 2021.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week
As with every new week of competition for this playlist, there are four different pieces of loot that players can acquire based upon how they perform on their card.
You can find all of the items for this week starting on July 23, 2021, below, along with the win requirements players must achieve to obtain these items for their inventories.
- 3 Wins – Shayura’s Wrath Legendary SMG
- 5 Wins – Pyrrhic Ascent Plate Legendary Titan Chest Piece/ Pyrrhic Ascent Vestment Legendary Warlock Chest Piece/ Pyrrhic Ascent Vest Legendary Hunter Chest Piece
- 7 Wins – The Messenger Legendary Pulse Rifle
- Flawless – Igneous Hammer (Adept) Legendary Hand Cannon
Players who would like to acquire all of the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week will have to perform well on this week’s map for the playlist, Convergence.
There is no doubt that plenty of Guardians will be battling it out to earn all of the rewards this week and will continue to do so in the future.
We will continue to update this piece weekly with all of the new items that become available for players to earn in the game’s competitive multiplayer mode.
For more Destiny 2, check out what changes players are calling for regarding the seasonal artifact grind, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Bungie / light.gg
Destiny 2 update 3.2.1 patch notes: gameplay changes and bug fixes
The 3.2.1 update patch notes for Destiny 2 have officially arrived, and we have all of the gameplay changes and bug fixes covered for you.
Destiny 2 is an ever-changing world, and plenty of changes have arrived in the 3.2.1 update for the popular first-person shooter, and we have all of the exciting patch notes covered for you.
There have also been plenty of changes to how the game works that have drastically altered the popular game.
This is the case for the Destiny 2 update 3.2.1 patch notes, as they have brought a plentiful amount of gameplay changes and bug fixes. Luckily, we have all of them covered for you.
Destiny 2 update 3.2.1 patch notes
- Fixed an issue where the cinematic intro on the Radiant Cliffs map, in competitive modes, would show Guardians hovering in the air.
- Fixed an issue where Glory gain and loss amounts were not properly adjusted based on skill level.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Dead Cliffs map from loading correctly in Glory playlists.
- Reduced damage of Trace Rifles in Momentum Control.
- Fixed an issue where the Codestrider platform over the boss would fail to have collision in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where a Codestrider platform would fail to have collision in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where defeating the boss before the second immunity phase would block mission completion.
- Fallen S.A.B.E.R.
- Fixed an issue where the lightning damage-over-time effect when exploring the vents in the boss room was missing from a specific location.
- The Arms Dealer
- Fixed an issue in the Legion’s Anchor area where a Phalanx would sometimes teleport into the middle of the encounter area, after dunking the first carry object.
- The Inverted Spire
- Fixed an issue where players who died in the drill area could have their Ghosts appear far back in the strike. The Ghosts now appear at set safe locations in the drill area.
- Vault of Glass
- Fixed an issue where players could not display raid metrics on VoG emblems.
- Fixed an issue where players were still able to purchase Vault Caches after unlocking everything from it.
- Fixed an issue where the Atheon Cache required Warlocks to have the chest armor unlocked to obtain the head armor.
- Fixed an issue where the Ahteon Cache required Titans to have the chest armor unlocked to obtain the class item.
- Fixed an issue where players could get out of the environment at the beginning of the raid.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn in undesirable locations when joining in progress before the Oracles encounter.
- Fixed an issue where bounties did not progress when killing combatants.
- Fixed an issue where Grenade Launchers did lower than intended damage to Oracles.
- Fixed an issue where the Aegis Relic would be removed if the player holding the relic left the activity in the middle of an encounter.
- Fixed an issue where Atheon would not cast a Detain Bomb after attempting to stomp on a Guardians face during the damage phase.
- Fixed an issue where the Aegis Relic Cleanse ability sometimes failed to remove darkness debuff from some players.
- Fixed an issue where Atheon would become incredibly confused if Guardians put too many boxes on the dance floor.
- Fixed an issue where damage phases could be elongated based on framerate settings.
- Fixed an issue where players could live through a detain by simply doing their favorite dance.
- Deep Stone Crypt
- Fixed an issue where some players would encounter crashes when entering airlocks.
- Fixed an issue where players could use Sparrows to get out of the environment.
- Fixed an issue where Ghosts would sometimes spawn in unreachable areas if a Guardian joined in progress, leading to unintentional wipes.
- Fixed an issue where players could damage Taniks before starting the final encounter.
- Pit of Heresy
- Fixed an issue where Pit of Heresy emblems were not tracking solo Flawless completions.
Crucible Activity Intro
- Fixed a bug that may cause graphical corruption of the UI during the intro sequence.
- Fixed an issue where class icons may not appear properly.
- Players who have not purchased the Season Pass for Season of the Splicer will now have the Splicer Gauntlet removed from their inventory when they reach the end of the Path of the Splicer I quest.
- Season of the Chosen weekly quests now appear in the Past section.
- The Hammer of Proving quest item should now appear in the Past section instead of the Seasonal section.
- Exotic quests related to Presage and Dead Man’s Tale now appear only in the Exotic section.
- Fixed a bug in which players would see three Season of the Splicer quest icons on the H.E.L.M. node of the Director when they only had two Season of the Splicer quests active.
- Fixed an issue causing the incorrect message to display when a free player prevents a fireteam from launching into Override.
- Fixed an issue where bounties from Ada-1 would sometimes show incorrect progress, which could appear in red.
- Heavy Handed now correctly refunds energy when Shiver Strike is cast.
- Impulse Recycler now grants energy on kills from Getaway Artist’s Sentient Arc Soul.
- Boots of the Assembler’s Noble Seekers now correctly proc Benevolent Dawn for Blessing of the Sky.
- Reverted the Boots of the Assembler change to Rift recharge rate.
- Assassin’s Cowl no longer clips through most Hunter cloaks.
- Felwinter’s Helm will no longer change all Solstice armor glows to Stasis.
- Fixed an issue where glow-enabled armor items would not appropriately display their glow if plugged into another glow-enabled armor item.
- Created universal ornaments for previous Solstice of Heroes armor sets.
- These ornaments will be available for players who obtained glows for that armor piece in 2018 and/or 2019.
- They will be unlocked for all three classes.
- Their glow color will change match the player’s subclass.
- Dawn Chorus can now be reset to its default shader after another shader has been applied.
- Reissued remaining Moon (Lectern) and Dreaming City (world drops) weapons with new perk pools.
- Increased Aggressive Frame Shotgun cone angle from 4.0 to 4.25 degrees.
- Reduced Shotgun damage falloff min by 2m.
- Increased Shotgun damage falloff max by 2m.
- Aggressive (120 RPM) Hand Cannons
- Reduced precision damage multiplier from 1.8 to 1.6, preventing a 10% damage bonus from allowing 2-tapping in PvP.
- Reduced aim assist minimum falloff distance by 1-2m depending on the Range stat.
- Reduced damage minimum falloff distance by 1m (this gives them a 1m advantage over other Hand Cannons).
- Pulse Monitor
- Fixed an issue where the Handling bonus was not applying.
- Rewind Rounds
- Fixed an issue where the perk would not trigger if the last shot in a magazine missed, or the player reloaded another weapon before firing the final shot.
- Reservoir Burst
- Updated with the same consistency and speed fix as Dragonfly.
- Dead Man’s Tale
- Removed hipfire damage falloff scalar (was 1.8x to match zoom).
- Reduced Aim Assist cone angle hip scalar from 1.5 to 1.2.
- Sleeper Simulant
- Fixed an issue where Sleeper Simulant was benefiting less than other Linear Fusion Rifles from the Season 14 Linear Fusion Rifle precision damage buff.
- Vex Mythoclast
- Updated intrinsic perk description to describe the functionality (was originally a reference to the Destiny 1 text).
- Fixed an issue causing Null Composure not to be Masterworked when pulled from Collections.
- Fixed an issue where Cryothesia 77k’s charged shot could misfire if fired near the end of the charge buff.
- Fixed an issue where feminine characters’ left hand was not attached to the Gridskipper Pulse Rifle.
- Fixed an issue where Vision of Confluence glows were not taking shader coloring when dyed.
- Fixed an issue where the Null Composure ornaments were not showing ammo state while in ADS.
- Temporarily removed Legendary weapons that did not have Masterwork slots from Banshee-44’s inventory.
- Note: We’re planning a full fix for Season 15.
Abilities, Aspects, and Fragments
- Fixed a bug in which Slow duration from Withering Blade did not increase with Whisper of Durance Fragment equipped.
- Fixed a bug in which Stormcaller Warlocks were unable to use Ionic Blink while slowed by Stasis.
- Fixed a bug in which Diamond Lance could be generated by throwing a Glacier Grenade into a pile of Telesto projectiles.
- Fixed an issue where many abilities were not properly costing Sentinel Shield energy when guarding.
- Celestial Fire
- Withering Blade
- Shiver Strike
- Glacial Quake
- Silence & Squall
Bounties and Pursuits
- Adjusted Cosmodrome, EDZ, Nessus, Moon, and Dreaming City Destination Public Event Bounties so Heroic public events contribute the most progress.
- Eventful Moments
- Public Works
- Public Performance
- Lunar Defender
- Public Works
- Updated Seasonal Stasis Aspect Pursuits
- Entropic Shards can now be destroyed by any Stasis damage, not just Salvation’s Grip.
- This does NOT affect the original nine Entropic Shards hidden around Europa; those are much more hardy and still require the concussive power of a Heavy Grenade Launcher.
- Increased Armor Synthesis bounty purchase time on Ada-1 to prevent accidental bounty purchases.
- Fixed emblems to allow stat tracker categories matching how the emblem was rewarded.
- Fixed an issue causing the Expunge Fastest Completion stat tracker to update regardless of whether or not the run was faster than the currently recorded time. Those stat tracker values should now only update when a faster time is achieved.
- Colossus Helmet Projection now displays properly.
PLATFORMS AND SYSTEMS
- PC performance optimizations for AMD RX series GPUs.
- Fixed a crash bug when launching on Intel Integrated Graphics systems.
- Fixed a bug where content verification would trigger Beagle errors on PlayStation 5 and require a reinstall.
It remains to be seen how all of these gameplay changes and bug fixes will affect the world of Destiny 2.
Still, there is undoubtedly plenty of Guardians who will be out testing these out and seeing how they have changed the popular game for the foreseeable future.
For more Destiny 2, check out how to complete all of the Week 9 challenges for Season of the Splicer, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Bungie
How to complete Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer Week Nine Challenges
The penultimate week of Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer challenges are few but fun. Let’s take a look at this week’s tasks.
Time is running out for Destiny 2 players to complete all the Season of the Splicer challenges, and Week Nine is here to add more jobs to the to-do list.
It’s already Week Nine for Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer. Season 15 will soon be the talk of the town, and Hunting for Synthstrand and acquiring Exotic Weapons could be replaced by something new and exciting.
But until then, it’s time for Week Nine of Season of the Splicer’s weekly challenges, and these are available to all players now.
Thanks to DestinyTracker, let’s see this week’s Season of the Splicer challenges that will drop on July 6.
Season of the Splicer Week Nine Challenges
If you ever need to refer back to these challenges whilst playing, you can find the Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer Week Nine Challenges under the Quests selection in the menu.
Here’s the complete list of the Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer Week Nine Challenges:
- Elemental Armaments – Defeat targets with different types of elemental weapons. Bonus progress for defeating Guardians, and for defeating combatants in Override and Expunge
- Path of the Scribe – Scan the Eliksni Scribe recordings in the Eliksni Quarter of the Last City
- Eliksni Ally III – Increase your Reputation with the Splicer Servitor in the H.E.L.M
- Armory-Wide Calibration – Calibrate Kinetic, Energy, and Power weapons. Bonus progress against Champions
- Elemental Splicing – Complete strikes as each elemental subclass
Season of the Splicer’s challenges are here and will be retroactive until this season concludes and the next one begins.
That’s all for this week’s Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer Seasonal Challenges. Stay tuned for Week Ten’s next week, and check out our complete guide on using Transmog in Destiny 2.
Image Credit: Bungie
When does Apex Legends Season 10 start? Emergence update release time
Apex Legends Season 10 will be here very soon, so here is the release time for the Emergence update when...
A cheat provider is unfortunately already offering hacks for Battlefield 2042
Battlefield 2042 isn't even out yet, but cheaters and hackers have already begun planning their way to ruin other players'...
World Series of Warzone EU Trios: Draft, teams, standings & stream
The World Series of Warzone is kicking competitive Warzone up a notch, and we have the teams, draft, standings and...