Bungie has released a quick hotfix to address some issues with Destiny 2 and in particular Beyond Light & Season of the Hunt.
The newest update to come from Bungie seeks to address some issues residing in the game and enhance a few things too.
In the update, players can expect some changes with regards to Season of the Hunt content, various activities throughout the game, rewards, and combat fixes.
Destiny 2 patch notes & update
Everything you need to know about Bungie’s new fix can be found below.
Season of the Hunt
- Adjusted the Cryptolith Lure to allow players to charge it twice as fast.
- Increased Cryptolith Lure charge cap from 3 to 5.
- Fixed an issue that was causing players to reacquire the Cryptolith Lure every time they launched the game.
- Fixed an issue with the Lure exclusion description.
- The One for All perk is incorrectly listed as a possible roll for Corsair’s Wrath and has been corrected to the Unrelenting perk.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some players to be blocked from progressing the Forsaken campaign.
- Fixed a location where players could get out of environment.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing some players from progressing past the first mission of “A Guardian Rises” in the New Light introduction quest.
- Fixed an issue where “Stasis Weekly Challenge” was translated incorrectly in some languages.
- Fixed an issue with the Lost Lament quest not progressing from Minotaurs, Hydras, and Cyclops.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a character could reset some raid rewards.
- Adjusted destination materials exchanges with the Gunsmith to reduce the chances of materials from Vaulted destinations being required.
- Fixed an issue where the Freeze Tag emote was reducing incoming damage.
- Penumbral Blast:
- Projectile range increased by 37%.
- Minimum distance to cast ranged melee reduced by 32%.
- This allows you to throw the ranged melee closer to targets.
- Fixed an issue with the Glacial Quake Super where the melee attack would sometimes fail to activate.
- Resolved an issue where players could appear to become stuck in Shiver Strike action and animation for other players.
- Fixed the issue with The Lament’s Heavy air attack working when the weapon lacked ammo.
- Fixed an issue where PSN friends list wasn’t populating as expected.
- Fixed an issue with screen tearing on some consoles.
The update is now available for you to install.
Image credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Valor Ranks: Point requirements & how to reset
Destiny 2 players can increase their Valor rank for bragging rights and rewards, so here’s the point requirements and how to reset your rank.
As you play PvP matches in Destiny 2, you’ll begin to earn Valor Ranks which showcase your skill and dedication, and you can also reset your rank for rewards.
Destiny 2 offers players ranks to increase as they play PvP and complete raids throughout a season. There are two types of rank points to earn in Destiny 2, Valor and Glory.
Valor increases as you play the game, no matter if you’re winning or losing, and Glory is your competitive rank where you’re rewarded and punished for wins and losses.
We’re taking a look at Destiny 2’s Valor Rank, explaining how you can increase it, and how to reset it when the time comes.
How to increase Valor Rank in Destiny 2
Valor Rank in Destiny 2 is essentially your season level. As you play PvP in playlists such as Quickplay or Rumble, you will earn Valor Rank points. And unlike the competitive Glory Rank, you’ll earn points no matter if you win or lose.
However, winning games will offer you more points, so concentrate your efforts on doing this of course.
You’ll begin with the Guardian rank with six more ranks to progress through, with the option to reset your level for a reward once you hit the highest tier.
Here are all of the Valor Ranks and their point requirements:
- Guardian: 0 points
- Brave: 50 points
- Heroic: 350 points
- Fabled: 700 points
- Mythic: 1150 points
- Legend: 1800 points
- Exotic: 2000 points
How to reset Valor Rank in Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer
Once you hit the highest level of Valor at 2,000 points, you can reset your rank similar to the traditional Prestige system from Call of Duty. Like CoD, doing this reaps several benefits such as unlocking Exotic Engrams.
Resetting Valor changed with Season of the Chosen, and you now have to talk to Lord Shaxx to do it.
Here’s how to reset Valor in Season of the Splicer:
- Talk to Lord Shaxx in the Crucible
- You now need to claim these items from Shaxx:
- ‘Upgrade Module’
- ‘Enhancement Core’
- ‘Pyretic Clash’
- ‘Enhancement Prism’
- ‘Light Crash’
- Select and hold ‘Reset Reputation’ on the right of the rewards
Once you have reset your Valor Rank, you’ll go back down to zero and will receive an Exotic Engram. You can keep doing this all season, rewarding your dedication with plenty of great rewards.
Your Valor Rank will also reset once the next season begins, so make sure you unlock everything you want to before Season 15 launches.
Image Credit: Bungie
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week: July 30
Are you curious about what the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are this week? We have all of the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week covered.
It is time for a new set of rewards to be available for Guardians to earn through the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris game mode, so here are all of the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week.
The world of Destiny 2 has a treasure trove of exciting activities for players to experience when they are playing.
One of the most popular game modes that the first-person shooter offers is, no doubt, Trials of Osiris, which is the game’s competitive multiplayer playlist that allows Guardians to test their skills against other players.
One of the exciting factors of this game mode, besides proving your skills, is the new set of rewards that players can earn with their success every week.
With this in mind, here are the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards for this week starting on July 30, 2021.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week
As with every new week of competition for this playlist, there are four different pieces of loot that players can acquire based upon how they perform on their card.
You can find all of the items for this week starting on July 30, 2021, below, along with the win requirements players must achieve to obtain these items for their inventories.
- 3 Wins – Pyrrhic Ascent Helm, Pyrrhic Ascent Mask, and Pyrrhic Ascent Hood
- 5 Wins – Solar’s Scar Legendary Sword
- 7 Wins – Pyrrhic Ascent Gloves, Pyrrhic Ascent Grasps, and Pyrrhic Ascent Gauntlets
- Flawless – Eye of Sol Adept Legendary Sniper Rifle
Players who would like to acquire all of the Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards this week will have to perform well on this week’s map for the playlist, Wormhaven.
There is no doubt that plenty of Guardians will be battling it out to earn all of the rewards this week and will continue to do so in the future.
We will continue to update this piece weekly with all of the new items that become available for players to earn in the game’s competitive multiplayer mode.
For more Destiny 2, check out what changes players are calling for regarding the seasonal artifact grind, and stay tuned for future news and guides.
Image Credits: Bungie / light.gg
Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer Hotfix: 188.8.131.52 update & patch notes
Bungie has released a new 184.108.40.206 hotfix update for Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer, and here are the full patch notes for it.
A new Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer Hotfix aims to improve several aspects of the game including Master Vault of Glass. Here’s everything you need to know about the new 220.127.116.11 update.
Even as we near the end of Season the Splicer, Bungie is still churning out quality updates to improve Destiny 2 as a whole. The weekly updates may have finished, but there are still Trials of Osiris rewards to earn amongst other things.
The latest Hotfix focuses on Armor improvements, the Vault of Glass Raid, and other general fixes. Ahead of new information for Destiny 2 Season 15, this new update should keep players ticking over in the meantime.
Here’s everything we know about the new Destiny 2: 18.104.22.168 update and patch notes.
- Fixed an issue where the Ludomaniacal emblem did not have appropriate acquisition steps in its details.
Vault of Glass
- Removed weapon drops from Master Vault of Glass encounter loot pools.
- Players are guaranteed to receive stat-focused armor from Master difficulty encounters.
- Master Vault of Glass loot lockouts have been separated from Normal.
- Both can now be looted independently each week.
- Drops will only be at Pinnacle Power from the first weekly clear of each encounter.
- For example, if you complete Oracles in Normal difficulty first it will award Pinnacle. If you later in that week complete Oracles on Master difficulty, it will award stat-focused armor but not at Pinnacle Power.
- Completing either encounter again after that will award Spoils of Conquest, and Masterwork Materials at Master difficulty.
ARMOR & ABILITIES
- Fixed an issue where some Stasis finishers caused a slight delay to weapon readiness relative to non-Stasis class finishers.
- Fixed an issue where Boots of the Emperor’s Agent didn’t display shaders correctly.
We’re saying general a lot, huh?
- Fixed an issue where the Ghoyster Shell could heave horrific dead pupils in certain environments.
- We are still recovering from this issue and apologize to anyone who may have nightmares.
Also, check out Destiny 2 Palindrome god roll perks for PVE and PVP.
Image Credit: Bungie
All Apex Legends Seer skins for Season 10: Emergence
Apex Legends latest addition to the roster is Seer, a flamboyant Recon Legend with some interesting looking skins that players...
How to unlock the Mace in Warzone & Cold War Season 4
The Mace is the next destructive melee weapon to make its way into Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, so...
6 reasons why Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is much better than people think
Black Ops Cold War has divided players since its release, but here are 6 reasons why Treyarch's shooter is better...