Bungie has released the roadmap for the upcoming Season of the Chosen for Destiny 2’s next major content drop.
In a blog post from Bungie, the developer has confirmed the upcoming content for the “Season of the Chosen” running from February 9, 2021 until May 11, 2021. The event will bring plenty of new content for free players, and additional content for owners of game expansions.
Expect to see new strikes, battlegrounds, trials and quests throughout the season. Here’s the full breakdown.
Season of The Chosen Content Roadmap
- February 9
- Behemoth and Hailstone Battlegrounds (Requires Season of The Chosen Expansion)
- Devil’s Lair and Fallen S.A.B.E.R. Strikes Open (Free for all players)
- H.E.L.M. Comes Online (Free)
- Stasis Aspect Quests Begin (Requires Beyond Light Expansion)
- February 12
- A new trials season begins. New armor, weapons & more up for grabs. (Free)
- February 16
- Cleansing battleground opens in the Cosmodrome. (Requires Season of The Chosen Expansion)
- February 23
- Oracle Battleground releases. (Requires Season of The Chosen Expansion)
- Iron Banner returns. (Free)
- March 23
- Proving grounds strike opens for Season Pass owners.
- Iron Banner (Free)
- March 30
- Proving Grounds Strike & Nightfall opens for all players for free.
- April 13
- Iron Banner (Free)
- April 20 – May 9
- Guardian Games (Free)
- May 7-9
- Guardian Games Closing Ceremony (Free)
Additionally, the end of the season graphic says “and more”, hinting at more content coming. We’ll update you if we get our hands on any more information.
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards: January 28
The Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are out for the week of January 28. Use our quick and easy guide to see what items can be redeemed.
Players who love to battle it out in competitive PvP action to earn Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards can now see what the week of January 28 has to offer.
Destiny 2‘s Trial of Osiris has become a staple of Bungie’s sci-fi shooter, thanks to its heated action, and the rewards for January 28 are now available to see.
One of the most popular game modes that the first-person shooter offers is, no doubt, Trials of Osiris, which is the game’s competitive multiplayer playlist that allows Guardians to test their skills against other players.
One of the exciting factors of this game mode, besides proving your skills, is the new set of rewards that players can earn with their success every week. Here is the newest set of Trials of Osiris rewards in Destiny 2.
What are the Trials of Osiris rewards for January 28 in Destiny 2?
The Trials of Osiris is an end-game Crucible event that resets its rewards and map every Friday at 9 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM GMT. The more reputation you can earn in Bungie’s Trials of Osiris, the better quality of rewards you will receive in Destiny 2.
The map that players fight on changes each week, with the current map being Javlin-4.
Here is the complete list of Trials of Osiris rewards for this week:
- Reputation Rank 4: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 7: Enhancement Prism (3)
- Reputation Rank 10: Trials Weapon (Changes on every rank reset)
- Reputation Rank 13: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 16: Trials Weapon (Changes on every rank reset)
- Flawless Reward: Sola’s Scar (Legendary Sword) (Adept)
To earn the Flawless Reward, players will need to win seven Trials of Osiris matches without losing a single game.
It’s a tough feat, no doubt, but it’s doable with enough skill, patience, and understanding of the game’s mechanics.
- Passage of Ferocity – Your third match win grants a bonus win. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Mercy – Forgives one loss per run. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Wealth – Increased Trials Rank points from reaching 3, 5, and 7 match wins on a ticket. (15000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Confidence – Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest. (20000 Glimmer & 50 Legendary Shards)
Hopefully, this week’s Trials of Osiris rewards are worth you going after and can be used to make your overall Destiny 2 experience more fruitful and enjoyable!
Image Credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Xur location and items: Jan 28 – Feb 1
Here is where you can find Xur the Merchant and get different Exotic items for yourself when playing Destiny 2.
You can get Exotic items for yourself in Destiny 2 by visiting Xur the merchant. This character moves around, so here is his location and all the items that you can get from him.
You can also get different Exotic items each week by visiting the merchant, Xur. He hangs out in random locations around the map, and this guide will let you know where to find him along with his inventory.
Where to find Xur the Merchant in Destiny 2
Xur’s location in Destiny 2 changes each week. Currently, Xur can be found in the Tower, over in the Hanger.
- Read more: Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards
Once you visit him, you can get yourself some neat new Exotic items to use in the game. Xur will provide you with items that are at the same power level as you.
Xur’s Jan 28 – Feb 1 items in Destiny 2
You can find all of the items available for sale from Xur this week in Destiny 2 below:
- Exotic Engram: 97 Legendary Shards
- Two-Tailed Fox – Void rocket launcher: 29 Legendary Shards
- Shards of Galanor – Hunter arms: 23 Legendary Shards
- Lion Rampant – Titan legs: 23 Legendary Shards
- Karnstein Armlets – Warlock chest: 23 Legendary Shards
Legendary Weapons & Armor
- Nature of the Beast – Arc hand cannon
- Seventh Seraph SI-2 – Void sidearm
- Night Watch – Kinetic scout rifle
- Wishbringer – Solar shotgun
- First In, Last Out – Arc shotgun
- Falling Guillotine – Void sword
- The Third Axiom – Arc pulse rifle
- Righteous armor set
This week’s collection of wares consists of impressive weapons, helmets, quests, and cosmetic items.
- Read more: How to claim Destiny 2 Prime Gaming rewards
You can equip these and reap their benefits when running into combat in Destiny 2 if you are looking for some new things to use against your enemies.
Stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for more Destiny 2, and for more on gaming news, check out our piece on whether or not Star Wars Battlefront 3 is happening.
Image Credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Anniversary Event hints at Halo crossover
Destiny 2 players have spotted some Halo weapons in the upcoming 30th Anniversary event, and they believe it could be teasing a crossover.
The Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack will arrive in Destiny 2 soon, and the teasers appear to show Guardian’s rocking some very familiar Halo weapons. This has sparked rumors that a Halo crossover will be arriving in Destiny 2 soon.
Bungie kickstarted the legendary Halo franchise back in 2001 but since parting ways with Microsoft, has now moved on to developing and supporting Destiny. Now, Halo is in the hands of 343 Industries.
Bungie will celebrate its 30th anniversary with a special Destiny 2 event that brings over content and cosmetics from its previous games. Although it’s Bungie’s most famous franchise, there was no confirmation that any Halo content would arrive.
However, on the 30th Anniversary Pack’s Steam page, eagle-eyed players believe they have spotted Halo weapons that tease a crossover.
The Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack launches on December 7 and brings a new Dungeon, as well as the Gjallarhorn Exotic Rocket Launcher, and weapons and armor from its previous games – Myth and Marathon.
Although Halo put Bungie on the map, the end of its Microsoft partnership has meant that Destiny and Halo have never had a crossover. However, it appears that could change.
Players have spotted weapons that look extremely similar to Halo’s classic Battle Rifle and Focus Rifle (or Covenant Carbine) in an image from Destiny 2’s ‘Dares of Eternity’ activity.
Some also believed that they spotted a Needler in the same image, but it’s actually a new armor set where the shoulder piece has some very familiar purple needles poking out of it.
However, there’s no guarantee that this will be an official crossover. It’s likely that Bungie has crafted new weapons that are inspired by Halo’s but in such a way that it doesn’t directly bring them over.
While an official crossover is possible, we’ll need to wait until the 30th Anniversary event releases to know just how much Halo will arrive in Destiny 2.
You can also check out how to get Destiny 2’s Last Word Hand Cannon and Halo Infinite devs teasing a stronger anti-cheat is on the way.
Image Credit: Bungie / 343 Industries
Creepy Vanguard bug turns dead bodies into objective obsessed demons
Vanguard's latest bug is eerily turning dead bodies into animated corpses that are obsessed with playing the objective.
How to complete TOTY Honourable Mentions Lautaro Martinez SBC in FIFA 22
Lautaro Martinez is a fantastic ST in FIFA 22, and FUT players are going to want to complete his TOTY...
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards: January 28
The Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are out for the week of January 28. Use our quick and easy...