Bungie is really keeping on top of Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer by offering players yet another hotfix with solutions to many of the game’s niggles and faults. We have the full update & patch notes for Hotfix 188.8.131.52.
All credit to Bungie as they could be sitting back and reveling in the hot launch of Season of the Splicer and letting players soak in all the new content. There’s a lot of it too with the addition of the Vex Mythoclast Catalyst, the Hung Jury Rifle, the Cryosthesia Exotic Pistol, and more.
But, fixes are always important to maintain the consistent flow of a game and prevent major, game-breaking bugs from cropping in.
Hotfix 184.108.40.206: Update & patch notes for Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where Recovery-focused Umbral Engrams would sometimes not award armor with a sufficiently high Recovery stat.
- Fixed issues where some Common, Uncommon, and Rare armors would provide stat bonuses when used as ornaments as a part of Armor Synthesis.
- Energy Accelerant mod:
- No longer increases damage against players.
- No longer increases the base damage of Symmetry, Telesto, Black Talon, and Deathbringer.
- Telesto has also received another sternly worded lecture.
- Sundering Blast no longer causes Overload champions to exit their stun state when damaged by the explosion created by the mod.
- Fixed an issue where Star-Eater Scales was erroneously applying its damage bonus to weapons and grenades instead of only Supers as intended.
- Increased the maximum number of stacks required for the full damage bonus from four stacks to eight stacks.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn too many noble seekers with Boots of the Assembler by stepping in and out of a Rift.
- When Warlocks wearing Boots of the Assembler are extending the duration of a Rift, class ability regeneration pauses.
- Design note: The reason for this change was both to prevent game crashes caused by too many rifts being placed in a single activity, and to restore some of the advantage to running Sanguine Alchemy over Boots of the Assembler.
- Fixed an issue where the catalyst for Cryosthesia 77K was incorrectly accruing progress from energy weapon kills.
- Fixed an issue where the catalyst Triumph for Cryosthesia 77K was being displayed in the wrong weapon category.
- Fixed an issue where Cryosthesia 77K could fire multiple freeze shots without losing the charged shot buff.
- Fixed an issue where existing drops of THE SWARM with Unrelenting switched to Bottomless Grief.
- This fix only works in cases where players didn’t select the Bottomless Grief node.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Vie for Glory Sparrow from taking shaders.
POWER AND PROGRESSION
- Fixed an issue where the reward for completing the weekly Vendor Challenge on the Splicer Servitor did not reward Pinnacle gear as advertised.
- Upon completion, the weekly Vendor Challenge should now reward a Pinnacle piece of Seasonal gear.
- Fixed an issue where completing Presage as a weekly Activity Challenge was not rewarding Pinnacle gear.
- Fixed an issue where the Armor Synthesis ornament creation tutorial does not show up for Titan characters when reaching the armor ornament creation step.
- Players will no longer be able to claim the 150 Synthstrand from Ada-1 during the intro quest if their inventory is full.
- This will prevent players from losing the material and they will need to clear out inventory space to claim their Synthstrand.
Image Credit: Bungie
Destiny 2 Xur location and items: January 21- 25
Here is where you can find Xur the Merchant and get different Exotic items for yourself when playing Destiny 2.
You can get Exotic items for yourself in Destiny 2 by visiting Xur the merchant. This character moves around, so here is his location and all the items that you can get from him.
You can also get different Exotic items each week by visiting the merchant, Xur. He hangs out in random locations around the map, and this guide will let you know where to find him along with his inventory.
Where to find Xur the Merchant in Destiny 2
Xur’s location in Destiny 2 changes each week. Currently, Xur can be found on Nessus, standing on a tree by the Watcher’s Grave.
- Read more: Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards
Once you visit him, you can get yourself some neat new Exotic items to use in the game. Xur will provide you with items that are at the same power level as you.
Xur’s January 21 – 25 items in Destiny 2
You can find all of the items available for sale from Xur this week in Destiny 2 below:
- Telesto – Void fusion rifle
- St0mp-EE5 – Hunter legs
- Wormgod Caress – Titan arms
- Phoenix Protocol – Warlock chest
- Exotic Engram
- Exotic Cipher quest
Legendary Weapons & Armor
- Enigma’s Draw – Kinetic sidearm
- Seventh Seraph SI-2 – Void sidearm
- Night Watch – Kinetic scout rifle
- Wishbringer – Solar shotgun
- Toil and Trouble – Kinetic shotgun
- Interference VI – Arc grenade launcher
- Stars in Shadow – Solar pulse rifle
- Opulent armor set
This week’s collection of wares consists of impressive weapons, helmets, quests, and cosmetic items.
- Read more: How to claim Destiny 2 Prime Gaming rewards
You can equip these and reap their benefits when running into combat in Destiny 2 if you are looking for some new things to use against your enemies.
Stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for more Destiny 2, and check out the possible Destiny 2 and Halo crossover.
Image Credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards: January 21
The Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are out for the week of January 21. Use our quick and easy guide to see what items can be redeemed.
Players who love to battle it out in competitive PvP action to earn Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards can now see what the week of January 21 has to offer.
Destiny 2‘s Trial of Osiris has become a staple of Bungie’s sci-fi shooter, thanks to its heated action, and the rewards for January 21 are now available to see.
One of the most popular game modes that the first-person shooter offers is, no doubt, Trials of Osiris, which is the game’s competitive multiplayer playlist that allows Guardians to test their skills against other players.
One of the exciting factors of this game mode, besides proving your skills, is the new set of rewards that players can earn with their success every week. Here is the newest set of Trials of Osiris rewards in Destiny 2.
What are the Trials of Osiris rewards for January 21 in Destiny 2?
The Trials of Osiris is an end-game Crucible event that resets its rewards and map every Friday at 9 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM GMT. The more reputation you can earn in Bungie’s Trials of Osiris, the better quality of rewards you will receive in Destiny 2.
The map that players fight on changes each week, with the current map being Twilight Gap.
Here is the complete list of Trials of Osiris rewards for the previous week:
- Reputation Rank 4: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 7: Enhancement Prism (3)
- Reputation Rank 10: Trials Weapon (Changes on every rank reset)
- Reputation Rank 13: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 16: Trials Weapon (Changes on every rank reset)
- Flawless Reward: Sola’s Scar (Legendary Sword) (Adept)
To earn the Flawless Reward, players will need to win seven Trials of Osiris matches without losing a single game.
It’s a tough feat, no doubt, but it’s doable with enough skill, patience, and understanding of the game’s mechanics.
- Passage of Ferocity – Your third match win grants a bonus win. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Mercy – Forgives one loss per run. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Wealth – Increased Trials Rank points from reaching 3, 5, and 7 match wins on a ticket. (15000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Confidence – Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest. (20000 Glimmer & 50 Legendary Shards)
Hopefully, this week’s Trials of Osiris rewards are worth you going after and can be used to make your overall Destiny 2 experience more fruitful and enjoyable!
Image Credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Anniversary Event hints at Halo crossover
Destiny 2 players have spotted some Halo weapons in the upcoming 30th Anniversary event, and they believe it could be teasing a crossover.
The Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack will arrive in Destiny 2 soon, and the teasers appear to show Guardian’s rocking some very familiar Halo weapons. This has sparked rumors that a Halo crossover will be arriving in Destiny 2 soon.
Bungie kickstarted the legendary Halo franchise back in 2001 but since parting ways with Microsoft, has now moved on to developing and supporting Destiny. Now, Halo is in the hands of 343 Industries.
Bungie will celebrate its 30th anniversary with a special Destiny 2 event that brings over content and cosmetics from its previous games. Although it’s Bungie’s most famous franchise, there was no confirmation that any Halo content would arrive.
However, on the 30th Anniversary Pack’s Steam page, eagle-eyed players believe they have spotted Halo weapons that tease a crossover.
The Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack launches on December 7 and brings a new Dungeon, as well as the Gjallarhorn Exotic Rocket Launcher, and weapons and armor from its previous games – Myth and Marathon.
Although Halo put Bungie on the map, the end of its Microsoft partnership has meant that Destiny and Halo have never had a crossover. However, it appears that could change.
Players have spotted weapons that look extremely similar to Halo’s classic Battle Rifle and Focus Rifle (or Covenant Carbine) in an image from Destiny 2’s ‘Dares of Eternity’ activity.
Some also believed that they spotted a Needler in the same image, but it’s actually a new armor set where the shoulder piece has some very familiar purple needles poking out of it.
However, there’s no guarantee that this will be an official crossover. It’s likely that Bungie has crafted new weapons that are inspired by Halo’s but in such a way that it doesn’t directly bring them over.
While an official crossover is possible, we’ll need to wait until the 30th Anniversary event releases to know just how much Halo will arrive in Destiny 2.
You can also check out how to get Destiny 2’s Last Word Hand Cannon and Halo Infinite devs teasing a stronger anti-cheat is on the way.
Image Credit: Bungie / 343 Industries
Ultimate Team TOTY Honourable Mentions predictions & release date in FIFA 22
It is tradition for Honourable Mentions to accompany the TOTY promo in FUT to highlight players that just missed the...
Warzone players call for Raven to steal exciting Apex Legends feature
Warzone players are calling for the developers to add a feature seen in Apex Legends to improve the player experience.
Has Star Wars Battlefront 3 been canceled? Leaks, rumors & everything we know
It's been reported that Star Wars Battlefront 3 isn't in development at DICE, so here's everything we know about the...