The War Bonds event is now live in Call of Duty: WWII through May 15! Players have three ways to earn a total of up to 500 Call of Duty Points in game.
- Login Bonus: Log in to Call of Duty: WWII between May 10 and May 15 and get 200 Call of Duty Points. Visit the Mail Station to get your reward.
- Multiplayer Matches: Complete 10 multiplayer matches between May 10 and May 15 to get 200 Call of Duty Points. Once you complete your 10th match, your 200 Call of Duty Points will be available in the Mail Station for pick up.
- Sign Up for The Call of Duty Newsletter:
- Anyone who’s subscribed to the Call of Duty Newsletter before May 9th will receive 100 Call of Duty Points delivered to the Mail vendor before the War Bonds Event ends on May 15.
- Not subscribed to the Call of Duty Newsletter yet? Opt in to receive the newsletter between May 9 and May 15, and you will get 100 Call of Duty Points delivered between May 16 and May 22. Here’s how to opt in to the newsletter:
- Select SETTINGS from the Multiplayer or Nazi Zombies main menu.
- Select CALL OF DUTY ACCOUNT.
- If you don’t have a Call of Duty account, you can create and activate one here.
- Check the box accepting to receive emails about Call of Duty.
- Select UPDATE to complete your subscription.
Activision has announced a “War Bonds” Event in Call of Duty: WWII that will take place May 10 through May 15, where players can get up to 500 free Call of Duty Points.
- Players can earn 200 Call of Duty Points by just signing into Call of Duty: WWII between May 10 and May 15. Once you sign in, the 200 Call of Duty Points will be waiting in the Mail Station in-game.
- Players can earn another 200 Call of Duty Points by completing 10 MP Matches between May 10 and May 15.
- Players can earn another 100 Call of Duty Points by signing up for the Call of Duty Newsletter. Visit your Call of Duty Profile to opt in for the newsletter.
In addition, Activision is activating a Call of Duty Points Purchase Bonus – players who purchase Call of Duty Points and get Supply Drops will receive a bonus Common Supply Drop between May 10 and May 15.
SOURCE: Call of Duty
When will Call of Duty games be added to Xbox Game Pass?
After Microsoft’s $70 billion purchase of Activision Blizzard, CoD fans are wondering when the franchise will be added to Xbox Game Pass.
On January 18, Microsoft stunned the gaming community with a reported $70 billion purchase of Activision Blizzard which has left gamers wondering when Call of Duty games will be added to Xbox Game Pass.
The shocking news of Microsoft’s takeover will have massive implications on the Call of Duty franchise moving forward. Early reports from Microsoft suggest that they currently do not have plans of making Call of Duty an Xbox exclusive.
When will Call of Duty games be added to Xbox Game Pass
At the moment there is no official date for when Call of Duty will be added to Xbox Game Pass. However, we will be updating this article as more information about Microsoft’s future plans are revealed.
It’s being reported that the buyout should be complete before June 2023 therefore CoD 2023 may turn out to be the first title to appear on Xbox Game Pass.
Xbox Game Pass is Microsoft’s video game subscription service that launched in 2017. For a monthly fee, gamers are granted access to a rotating catalog of games. This service isn’t exclusive to Xbox console owners as Android, iOS devices, and PC players can also access the subscription.
Although the takeover still needs to be finalized, Call of Duty fans are already eagerly anticipating the possibility that future Call of Duty games will make their way to Xbox Game Pass.
Obviously, the benefit of adding Call of Duty to the Xbox Game Pass catalog is not lost on fans of the franchise. Not only would they save money but the day one access is a significant bonus for longtime CoD fans.
For more Call of Duty news check out how a CoD leaker revealed a possible Modern Warfare 2 early release date after Vanguard issues.
Image Credits: Activision / Microsoft
Microsoft to acquire Call of Duty publisher Activision Blizzard
Microsoft have officially announced that they have acquired Call of Duty publisher Activision Blizzard in a deal costing nearly $70 billion.
Microsoft has announced that they’re set to acquire Call of Duty publisher Activision Blizzard in a deal nearing $70 billion.
Xbox owner Microsoft has announced that they’re taking over Activision Blizzard, the publisher behind Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, and Overwatch.
Microsoft said on January 18, 2022, that they’re acquiring Activision, Blizzard, and King for nearly $70 billion to “bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone, across every device.” They’ve also announced plans to bring Activision Blizzard titles to Xbox Game Pass in the future.
In a post on the Xbox website, Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer said that “we will offer as many Activision Blizzard games as we can within Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass, both new titles and games from Activision Blizzard’s incredible catalog.”
And not only that, they said that “Microsoft and Activision Blizzard will empower players to enjoy the most-immersive franchises, like “Halo” and “Warcraft,” virtually anywhere they want.” We’ll need to wait and see how involved Activision Blizzard will be with Microsoft’s franchises such as Halo.
Activision currently have a partnership with Sony, giving Call of Duty players on PlayStation exclusive cosmetics, Double XP events, and more. With Activision moving to Microsoft, the Sony deal will presumably end.
But, it’s unlikely that Call of Duty will become Xbox and PC exclusive, as Microsoft said: “Activision Blizzard games are enjoyed on a variety of platforms and we plan to continue to support those communities moving forward.”
The deal will cost Microsoft “$95.00 per share, in an all-cash transaction valued at $68.7 billion,” which makes it “the world’s third-largest gaming company by revenue, behind Tencent and Sony.”
Phil Spencer said that “until this transaction closes, Activision Blizzard and Microsoft Gaming will continue to operate independently.” Current CEO Bobby Kotick will remain in charge, but once the deal, which is set to close in the fiscal year 2023, is completed, Activision Blizzard will report to Spencer.
Activision Blizzard is currently being investigated by the SEC over sexual misconduct and discrimination allegations. Phil Spencer announced, “Microsoft is committed to our journey for inclusion in every aspect of gaming, among both employees and players” and said that “We hold all teams, and all leaders, to this commitment.”
This is a developing story, so we’re likely to know more about the deal in the coming months.
Image Credit: Activision / Microsoft
CoD Points price: How to buy, spend & do they carry over
CoD Points are the official currency of Call of Duty. Check out CoD Point prices, where to buy them, and whether they transfer between games.
Activision’s in-game currency lets players purchase cosmetics for their characters, and we’ve got everything you need to know about CoD Points prices, how to buy them, and all the items you can spend them on.
Call of Duty offers a huge palette of extra goodies you can add to your game, requiring players to spend their own currency named CoD Points to acquire them.
CoD Points can be purchased in-game using the menu systems in games like Vanguard or Warzone or through console marketplaces like the PS Store or Xbox Marketplace.
The gaming landscape has changed over the years with the incorporation of microtransactions and live-gaming services. Many games offer extra content – with cosmetics being a big proponent of this. With Vanguard and Warzone offering special Attack on Titan and Christmas skins as well as unique weapon Blueprints for popular weapons, it becomes easy to see why players would want to spend CoD Points.
- CoD Points Prices
- How to buy CoD Points
- Where to spend CoD Points
- Do CoD Points carry across games?
- What can I buy with CoD Points
CoD Points prices
There are different amounts and bundles you can opt for when buying CoD Points that are tailored to different needs.
Some players just need to top up their account with a few hundred points to get the latest bundle. Whereas others need a big restock with the intention of spending many points. The more points you want, the bigger the discounts grow.
Here are the different prices for the various CoD Points bundles:
- 200 CoD Points: $1.99 / £1.79
- 500 CoD Points: $4.99 / £4.31
- 1,000 (+100 Bonus) CoD Points: $9.99 / £8.49
- 2,000 (+400 Bonus) CoD Points: $19.99 / £16.79
- 4,000 (+1,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $39.99 / £34.99
- 7,000 (+2,500 Bonus) CoD Points: $74.99 / £69.99
- 10,000 (+3,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $99.99 / £84.99
- 15,000 (+6,000 Bonus) CoD Points: $149.99 / £123.99
How to buy COD Points
You can be very flexible with how you buy COD Points as there are a few different ways to do so. To make sure you’re buying them for the right platform, just double-check with our guide on transferring COD Points across platforms.
There are four ways you can buy COD Points:
- PC players can purchase CoD Points on the Battle.net website
- PS4 & PS5 players can purchase CoD Points in the PS Store on their console, or on the PlayStation website
- Xbox Series X, Series S, or One players can buy CoD Points on the Xbox Marketplace on their console, or the official Microsoft Store website
- Select physical retailers stock vouchers and gift cards with a code that players can redeem for CoD Points.
Where to spend CoD Points
Spending your CoD Points is incredibly easy, with players able to purchase cosmetic bundles and Blueprints in the in-game store.
The stores are available in Vanguard, Warzone, Black Ops Cold War, and Modern Warfare, so you can kit out your character regardless of your preferred title.
Do CoD Points carry over across games?
The good news is that your CoD Points will transfer across your Call of Duty games, as they are linked to your Activision account.
Players who still have CoD Points in their account from Black Ops Cold War don’t need to worry, as they will automatically be in your account when turning to Vanguard.
What can I buy with COD Points?
Call of Duty’s currency is used to primarily buy two things: the Battle Pass for the current season and Bundles containing a variety of items.
A Battle Pass is a paid Tier system that allows regular players to earn dozens of extra rewards and cosmetics for essentially playing the game.
Vanguard and Warzone Pacific are currently in Season 1 at the moment. Both titles are currently running in tandem with each other and share the same Battle Pass.
It features 100 Tiers for players to smash their way through the course of Season 1, and if players are committed enough, they can actually earn enough CoD Points, through leveling up the pass, to get the next one for free.
You can buy the Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 Battle Pass via a couple of different methods:
- Purchase it from the Official Call of Duty website
- Buy it from the in-game store on your respective platform
The other main content you can buy is a wide range of Bundles and Operator Bundles. These special bundles vary in price, and each comes with its own unique items.
The collectibles you can expect to find are Calling Cards, Emblems, Operator Skins, Weapon Blueprints, Weapon Charms, and more.
Image credits: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Raven Software
How to turn off crossplay in Vanguard & Warzone Pacific
Here's what you need to do in order to turn off Call of Duty's Crossplay functionality in Vanguard and Warzone...
Who is the most popular Apex Legends character? Season 11 pick rates
Apex Legends Season 11 is well underway, but who has dominated the pick rates for Season 11 of Respawn's battle...
How many people play Apex Legends? 2022 player count
Apex Legends is one of the fastest growing battle royales despite its surprise release in 2019. But how many people...