The official Fortnite Twitter account changed its avatar, and threw in a few cryptic teasers for the ‘Fox Clan’ before deleting these new posts just a few hours later. These tweets hinted at a new Crew skin for Drift.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 is set to end on March 15, 2021, and it has brought a ton of exciting crossovers with franchises such as Predator, and Halo. Now, players are wondering what Epic Games will introduce in the next big update.
On January 24, the battle royale’s official Twitter account changed its avatar and tweeted out a couple of teasers that let us know what might see in the future. These tweets were deleted after a few hours, but this has led to mass speculation among fans.
New Fortnite Drift Crew skins teased
Both tweets referenced a character named Drift, who was a character introduced in Fortnite Chapter 1, Season 5. The first post was the beginning of a scan, and it included the cryptic message: “Drift? Drift. Come in. Do you read me?”
The second tweet consisted of an ominous warning: “I know you don’t know who I am, but the Fox Clan is in trouble. We need you.” We haven’t seen the Fox Clan in Fortnite before, but this seems to tie in with the account’s new avatar.
Reliable Fortnite data miner HYPEX tweeted that the new teasers are related to a new Fortnite Crew skin for Drift, which seem to be a gender-bent version of the character. They then confirmed the skin will be part of the Fortnite Crew subscription in February.
If you have this monthly subscription model, you can get the Battle Pass along with 1,000 V-bucks when the new Season goes live. HYPEX confirmed that the new Drift skin will be part of an upcoming Crew Pack.
The official Fortnite account then posted a few more tweets and then backtracked by deleting all of the posts in which they teasing this new content. They even changed the account’s avatar back to its previous image.
Now, this could mean that the teasers were part of a grander scheme that Epic Games have yet to fully reveal, or maybe they deleted the teasers because they accidentally revealed these plans earlier than they had initially planned.
So far, we haven’t gotten any new information from Epic Games about what this is all building up to. HYPEX and other data miners have also not posted any additional information at the time of writing.
Drift’s original kitsune appearance and skins made him a fan-favorite during his time in the battle royale, so Epic Games releasing a new skin for him is certainly intriguing. Hopefully, these rumors will bear fruit, and we’ll get learn more about this soon.
Image Credits: Epic Games
How to get Ali-A Icon Series skin in Fortnite: Release date, bundle, free Ali-A Spray, more
Ali-A is the latest Fortnite creator to arrive as an Icon Series skin, so here’s how to get his bundle and unlock the free Ali-A Spray.
Fortnite’s top content creators such as Ninja and ChicaLive get their own skins in-game, and Ali-A is the next to receive an Icon Series set. Here’s how to get Ali-A’s bundle, as well as how to get a free Spray.
While Fortnite is known for its crossovers with film, TV, and other video games, they also collaborate with celebrities and content creators as part of the Icon Series. Some of Fortnite’s biggest streamers have arrived, with Ninja, LazarBeam, Loserfruit, and more all available as playable skins.
YouTuber Alastair ‘Ali-A’ Aiken has been announced as the next Icon Series skin, so here’s how to get Ali-A in Fornite, as well as all of the associated cosmetics and free Spray.
- How to get Fortnite Ali-A skin
- When does Ali-A skin come to Fortnite?
- What’s included in Fortnite Ali-A bundle?
- How to get free Ali-A Spray in Fortnite
How to get Fortnite Ali-A skin
Fortnite’s Ali-A Icon Series skin arrives in Fortnite’s Item Shop where players can purchase it with V-Bucks, but it’s also available early through May 18’s Ali-A Cup.
The Ali-A Cup is a Zero Build Duos event where the top placing teams will get their hands on the Ali-A Outfit and Ali-Tech Backplate Back Bling before it arrives in the Item Shop. Also, those who earn at least eight points will unlock the Ali-A Army Emoticon.
When does Ali-A bundle come to Fortnite?
Ali-A’s Icon Series Set will hit Fortnite’s Item Shop on Thursday, May 19, 2022, at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET / 1 AM BST (May 20). But, players can also unlock the skin itself on May 18 through the Ali-A Cup.
Epic Games haven’t confirmed when the Ali-A bundle will leave the Item Shop, but we recommend picking it up as soon as you can before it’s rotated out.
What’s included in Fortnite Ali-A bundle?
Fortnite’s Ali-A bundle brings the content creator to the game as a skin, where he has a ton of different styles. The Ali-A Icon Series set also features a Back Bling that doubles up as a Glider, a Pickaxe, Wrap, and Emote.
Here’s everything included in Fortnite’s Ali-A bundle:
- Ali-A skin (Matroix, Ultra-Armor Matroix, Sapphire Paragon, Sapphire Paragon (Revealed), Titanium Tac, and Titanium Tac (Revealed) Styles)
- Ali-Tech Backplate Back Bling (Ali-Tech Plasmawings alt Style)
- Ali-Tech Plasmawings Glider (built into the Outfit)
- Ali-Tech Staff Pickaxe
- The Blue A Wrap
- Lil’ Diplodoculus Emote
How to get free Ali-A Spray in Fortnite
Fortnite players can unlock the free Ali-A Spray by completing a challenge inside the Ali-A Experience island.
After the Quest goes live following the 20.40 update, players need to “Eliminate 15 opponents at the Ali-A Experience” and then they’ll unlock the Ali-A Was Here Spray. Players will have until May 29 to unlock it.
Here’s everything you need to do following Fortnite’s 20.40 update on May 17:
- Launch Fortnite
- Enter the Island Code: 5135-8778-2901
- Drop into the Ali-A Experience Island
- Pick up a weapon at the entrance and eliminate 15 opponents
For more Fortnite, there are even more ways to play on iPhone and iOS again, so you can check out how to play Fortnite on iPhone.
Image Credit: Epic Games
How to call in an Air Strike on a tank in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2
Here’s how you can quickly complete the Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Week 8 Quest to call in an Air Strike on a tank.
One of the Fortnite Season 2, Week 8 Quests tasks you with calling in an Air Strike on a tank, but you’ll need to where to find one first and we’ll go over everything that you need to know.
A new set of challenges is available in Week 8, and one of them requires you to call in an Air Strike to destroy a tank. This guide will cover how you can find an Air Strike and use it to complete this Quest.
How to find an Air Strike in Fortnite
You can pick up an Air Strike as floor loot, or from Chests and Supply Drops around the island. However, it’s a Legendary item, so it may take a while before you’re actually able to find one in Fortnite.
You’ll just have to keep an eye out and hope that the Air Strike is nearby. We recommend visiting some of the best Fortnite landing spots on the map that are rich with high-tier loot to increase your chances of finding this item.
After you have acquired an Air Strike, you can find Fortnite tank locations in areas controlled by the Imagined Order. You should try heading over to Command Cavern as that location has two tanks close by.
- Read more: All NPC locations in Fortnite
Here’s how you can call in an Air Strike on a tank:
- Head to a tank location on the Fortnite map
- Equip the Air Strike
- Aim at the tank
- Press fire
The Air Strike launches 20 missiles and takes place for a duration of eight seconds. The good news is that these tanks don’t need to have a driver in them, so you can just blow up an empty one without having to battle it.
Once you’ve successfully called in an Air Strike on a tank, this weekly challenge will be marked as complete and you’ll be rewarded with 20,000 XP for your efforts. That covers everything you need to know about completing this Quest.
For more Fortnite, take a look at our guide on how to check the Fortnite server status as well as Dr Disrespect’s thoughts on how Warzone 2 can compete with Fortnite.
Image credits: Epic Games
How to complete Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Quests: Week 8 challenge guide
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2, brings new Quests every week, so here’s how to complete each week’s set of challenges.
A new Fortnite Season means new Weekly Quests to complete, so here’s how to complete all of Week 8’s challenges in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2, as well as all of the Quests you might have missed but can still complete.
Season 2 of Fortnite Chapter 3 brought Doctor Strange, the Prowler, and plenty of new mechanics to the battle royale, and Epic Games didn’t stop there. New items are being added almost every week and there are also Weekly Seasonal Quests to help you finish the Battle Pass and unlock the Super Styles.
Epic Games have done away with Punchcards, so you simply need to complete the challenges found in Season 2’s Quests screen. You’ll get 20k XP for each one you complete, so it’s well worth your time. Here’s how to complete the Week 8 Quests, and when you can expect Week 9’s to go live.
How to complete Fortnite Season 2, Week 8 Quests
The eighth batch of Fortnite Chapter 3’s Season 2 Quests is centered around using the new additions such as Air Strikes, Choppas, and the Repair Torch.
Here are all of the Week 8 Quests in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2:
- Deal damage to opponents from 10 meters or less with the Drum Shotgun (150) – 20,000 XP
- Travel 1000 meters in the Choppa (1000) – 20,000 XP
- Plant Saplings at Bomb Crater Clusters (3) – 20,000 XP
- Detonate Remote Explosives while sliding (2) – 20,000 XP
- Call in Air Strike on a tank (1) – 20,000 XP
- Refuel a Repair Torch at a Gas Pump (2) – 20,000 XP
- Deal damage to enemies with the Combat SMG (500) – 20,000 XP
- Open Cash Registers (3) – 20,000 XP
- Get an elimination with a Pistol, SMG or Shotgun (1) – 20,000 XP
You shouldn’t have too much difficulty completing Fortnite’s Week 8 Quests as long as you set out to complete them.
The easiest way to get your hands on Remote Explosives is by purchasing them from Cuddlepool or Cuddle Team Leader at Camp Cuddle, then you just need to press the detonate button mid-slide.
Choppas are new to Chapter 3, Season 2, and can be found at the Seven Outposts near the coast. Simply land at one of these Seven Outposts then fly the Choppa until the task is complete. You can spot Bomb Crater Clusters on the map, so just head to one and look for the blue hologram of a sapling, approach it, and press interact.
The next set of Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Quests will arrive on Thursday, May 19 at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET / 2 PM BST, so stay tuned for Week 9.
All Fortnite Weekly Quests
Fortnite Week 7 Seasonal Quests
- Destroy a Turret using Remote Explosives (1)
- Visit different named locations in a single match (5)
- Disable a tank by damaging the engine (1)
- Recover stolen Sevens supplies at IO locations (3)
- Destroy structures with the Cow Catcher (200)
- Deal headshot damage with the Striker Burst Rifle (200)
- Damage opponents with the Repair Torch (5)
- Complete a bounty from a bounty board (1)
- Fuel a vehicle with gas (50)
Fortnite Week 6 Seasonal Quests
- Deal 100 damage or more to an opponent with one bullet (100)
- Mantle 5 times in 5 seconds (5)
- Hit an opponent’s tank with a pistol, while crouched (200)
- Get air time in a tank (3)
- Throw a cabbage 100 or more meters in one toss (1)
- Deal damage to opponents while you are falling (150)
- With a Striker Burst Rifle, hit an opponent 4 times in a row without unscoping (1)
- Deal damage to opponents from 30 or more meters with an assault rifle (150)
- Destroy structures with fire (100)
Fortnite Week 5 Seasonal Quests
- Damage an opponent within 10 seconds of mantling (1)
- Damage opponent vehicles with the Heavy Sniper (600)
- Fall 10 stories or more without taking damage (1)
- Gain shield from Small Shield Potions in one match (75)
- Headshot IO forces with a sniper at Command Cavern or a battle location (3)
- Heal The Seven with Med Mist at a battle location (1)
- Hit an opponent twice using the Ranger Shotgun, without receiving damage (1)
Fortnite Week 4 Seasonal Quests
- Travel in the air with a Jetpack (100)
- Thank the bus driver and then finish top 25 (1)
- Visit Gas Stations in a Battle Bus (3)
- Get seconds of airtime after being hit by a Shockwave Grenade (3)
- Eliminate IO forces within a single match (3)
- Catch or collect a Thermal Fish (1)
- Accept a bounty from a bounty board within 30 seconds of landing (1)
- Deal damage to opponents with a harvesting tool (75)
- Search ammo boxes at Shifty Shafts or Camp Cuddle (3)
Fortnite Week 3 Seasonal Quests
- Damage opponents from 30 or more meters with the Revolver (100)
- Deal damage to Opponents at Synapse Station or The Daily Bugle (75)
- Emote within 10m of a Character
- Gain shields by consuming foragables (50)
- Mod a vehicle with the Cow Catcher (1)
- Search chests and ammo boxes at IO Outposts (3)
- Use an Ascender at Chonker’s Speedway and Command Cavern (2)
Fortnite Week 2 Seasonal Quests
- Collect a weapon while sliding (1)
- Damage opponents with an Exotic weapon (150)
- Deal shotgun damage to opponents within 5 seconds of sprinting (200)
- Destroy structures using Remote Explosives (25)
- Purchase a weapon of Rare or higher rarity from a vending machine (1)
- Travel in a tank (300)
- Visit Sanctuary, Tilted Towers, and Command Cavern (3)
Fortnite Week 1 Seasonal Quests
- Use the Repair Torch to fix a vehicle (200)
- Spend Bars (500)
- Search chests on IO Airships (3)
- Mantle onto a ledge within 3 seconds of sprinting (3)
- Launch yourself 150 meters from a Siege Cannon (150)
- Deal damage to IO Forces (500)
- Collect a Drum Shotgun and a Combat SMG in a single match (2)
Image Credit: Epic Games
Best Vanguard Season 3 quickscoping class: Loadout & attachments
Here are the best attachments, Equipment, and Perks to create the best quickscoping loadout in Vanguard Season 3.
Modern Warfare 2 leak claims DMZ mode will bring marketplace with tradeable items
According to new leaks, Modern Warfare 2 players will be able to purchase and trade items in the DMZ mode's...
Genius Warzone Operation Monarch trick immediately refills health & armor
There is a clever trick that you can use to instantly replenish health and shields in the Warzone Godzilla vs...