With Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer just around the corner, Bungie has plenty of new content planned for the coming update, including various balancing changes. So here’s a full overview of all weapon buffs and nerfs.
Bungie introduces new content in each season update for Destiny 2 so that the game feels fresh. These updates also bring some major balancing adjustments to many of the in-game weapons to improve the player experience.
Season of the Splicer is no exception, as the developers have many buffs and nerfs planned for the update when it goes live in just one week.
Here’s a complete rundown of all the balancing changes in the upcoming update for Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer.
Destiny 2 weapon archetype changes in Season of the Splicer
The new season will bring some major alterations to the Linear Fusion Rifles in Destiny 2. Their Precision damage and reserve ammo will receive a boost in the update.
There’s a small buff planned for Precision Auto Rifles, which will increase their overall damage per bullet, and Standard Fusion Rifles will be nerfed with a slightly bigger damage falloff distance when Season 14 goes live.
Precision (450 rpm) Auto Rifles:
- Increased Precision (450 rpm) Auto Rifle damage per bullet from 17 to 18.
- Added existing but unobtainable rare Linear Fusion Rifle and Breech Grenade Launchers to the World Loot Pool.
Linear Fusion Rifles:
- Increased precision damage by 15%
- Increased reserve ammo by 20%
- Increased damage falloff start distance for Fusion Rifles, no effect on 100 range stat, +2m on 0 range stat.
Weapon perks changes in Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer
Dragonfly is a fan-favorite perk in Destiny 2. It will receive a buff that ensures a more effective Unrelenting, along with a more powerful Sympathetic Arsenal in Season of the Splicer.
There is also a change planned for Subsistence which will keep reserve ammo from being reduced when using the perk. Additionally, SMGs will be given the same effects as Auto Rifles to boot.
- No longer reduces reserve ammunition.
- Submachine Guns now receive the same ammo fraction per takedown that Auto Rifles do (was 10%, like most weapons, now 17%, same as Auto Rifles).
- Now works on heavy shanks and servitors, and occurs even faster than after the Season of the Chosen fix.
High-Impact Reserves and Under Pressure:
- These are now active as long as their conditions are met.
- Now easier to trigger in PvE (immediate trigger on majors) and heals 20% more.
- Now grants +20 reload in addition to its primary effect.
- +1 degrees precision hip fire angle threshold, +1.2x reticle stickiness falloff distance.
- One degree doesn’t seem like that much, but for reference Hand Cannon aim assist cone angle is 2.5 degrees at 0 AA, to 3 degrees at 100 AA, and you can feel the difference between a 90 AA hand cannon and a 100 AA hand cannon (a 0.05-degree increase), so a small difference can be significant.
- Note that precision hip-fire angle caps at the aim down sights aim assist cone angle.
Iron Grip, Iron Gaze, Iron Reach:
- Reduced secondary stat penalty from -40 to -30.
Osmosis and Elemental Capacitor:
- Osmosis now switches the weapon to Stasis damage when playing a Stasis subclass – this should work for any mechanics that ask for Stasis damage (but not for Stasis ability damage). Also created stasis VFX for all weapon types that Osmosis can appear on (more coming later).
- Elemental Capacitor with a Stasis subclass grants +recoil direction and reduces ADS move speed penalty.
- Reduced trigger time from 1.5s to 1s and increased flinch reduction from 30% to 35%.
Celerity and Bottomless Grief:
- Celerity: Now always grants +20 to handling and +20 to reload in addition to the triggered effect.
- Bottomless Grief: Now always grants +30 to magazine in addition to the triggered effect.
Weapon mods changes in Destiny 2
Bungie also has a few weapon mod changes planned for Season of the Splicer. Adept Mag and Adept Targeting will come with lesser penalties, while Adept Counterbalance will receive recoil improvements in the new update.
Adept Mag, Adept Targeting:
- Reduced secondary stat penalty from -20 to -15.
- Fixed Adept Mag not granting reserves when applied to a Sword.
- Increased recoil direction benefit.
All Exotics changes in Season of the Splicer
Bungie also has a couple of changes planned for Destiny 2’s Exotics in Season of the Splicer, with the Hawkmoon receiving more Paracasual Charge priority and Paracausal Shot buff text. You can look at all the Exotics changes below:
- Changed the catalyst perk from Outlaw to No Distractions.
- Increased priority of Paracausal Charge and Paracausal Shot buff text
That covers all the buffs and nerfs that have been confirmed for Destiny 2’s Season of the Splicer update. The developers will mainly focus on Fusion Rifles, Hand Cannons, and Shotguns.
While Shotguns are a popular pick, the developers hope to spotlight other weapons after the Season of the Splicer update goes live. We expect to see some interesting changes in the coming season.
We’ll keep checking for new developments regarding this and will be sure to update this article once something new is announced for Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer. As the season draws to a close, there’s still time to complete the weekly challenges.
Image credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Xur location and items: January 21- 25
Here is where you can find Xur the Merchant and get different Exotic items for yourself when playing Destiny 2.
You can get Exotic items for yourself in Destiny 2 by visiting Xur the merchant. This character moves around, so here is his location and all the items that you can get from him.
You can also get different Exotic items each week by visiting the merchant, Xur. He hangs out in random locations around the map, and this guide will let you know where to find him along with his inventory.
Where to find Xur the Merchant in Destiny 2
Xur’s location in Destiny 2 changes each week. Currently, Xur can be found on Nessus, standing on a tree by the Watcher’s Grave.
- Read more: Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards
Once you visit him, you can get yourself some neat new Exotic items to use in the game. Xur will provide you with items that are at the same power level as you.
Xur’s January 21 – 25 items in Destiny 2
You can find all of the items available for sale from Xur this week in Destiny 2 below:
- Telesto – Void fusion rifle
- St0mp-EE5 – Hunter legs
- Wormgod Caress – Titan arms
- Phoenix Protocol – Warlock chest
- Exotic Engram
- Exotic Cipher quest
Legendary Weapons & Armor
- Enigma’s Draw – Kinetic sidearm
- Seventh Seraph SI-2 – Void sidearm
- Night Watch – Kinetic scout rifle
- Wishbringer – Solar shotgun
- Toil and Trouble – Kinetic shotgun
- Interference VI – Arc grenade launcher
- Stars in Shadow – Solar pulse rifle
- Opulent armor set
This week’s collection of wares consists of impressive weapons, helmets, quests, and cosmetic items.
- Read more: How to claim Destiny 2 Prime Gaming rewards
You can equip these and reap their benefits when running into combat in Destiny 2 if you are looking for some new things to use against your enemies.
Stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for more Destiny 2, and check out the possible Destiny 2 and Halo crossover.
Image Credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards: January 21
The Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are out for the week of January 21. Use our quick and easy guide to see what items can be redeemed.
Players who love to battle it out in competitive PvP action to earn Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards can now see what the week of January 21 has to offer.
Destiny 2‘s Trial of Osiris has become a staple of Bungie’s sci-fi shooter, thanks to its heated action, and the rewards for January 21 are now available to see.
One of the most popular game modes that the first-person shooter offers is, no doubt, Trials of Osiris, which is the game’s competitive multiplayer playlist that allows Guardians to test their skills against other players.
One of the exciting factors of this game mode, besides proving your skills, is the new set of rewards that players can earn with their success every week. Here is the newest set of Trials of Osiris rewards in Destiny 2.
What are the Trials of Osiris rewards for January 21 in Destiny 2?
The Trials of Osiris is an end-game Crucible event that resets its rewards and map every Friday at 9 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM GMT. The more reputation you can earn in Bungie’s Trials of Osiris, the better quality of rewards you will receive in Destiny 2.
The map that players fight on changes each week, with the current map being Twilight Gap.
Here is the complete list of Trials of Osiris rewards for the previous week:
- Reputation Rank 4: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 7: Enhancement Prism (3)
- Reputation Rank 10: Trials Weapon (Changes on every rank reset)
- Reputation Rank 13: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 16: Trials Weapon (Changes on every rank reset)
- Flawless Reward: Sola’s Scar (Legendary Sword) (Adept)
To earn the Flawless Reward, players will need to win seven Trials of Osiris matches without losing a single game.
It’s a tough feat, no doubt, but it’s doable with enough skill, patience, and understanding of the game’s mechanics.
- Passage of Ferocity – Your third match win grants a bonus win. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Mercy – Forgives one loss per run. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Wealth – Increased Trials Rank points from reaching 3, 5, and 7 match wins on a ticket. (15000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Confidence – Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest. (20000 Glimmer & 50 Legendary Shards)
Hopefully, this week’s Trials of Osiris rewards are worth you going after and can be used to make your overall Destiny 2 experience more fruitful and enjoyable!
Image Credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Anniversary Event hints at Halo crossover
Destiny 2 players have spotted some Halo weapons in the upcoming 30th Anniversary event, and they believe it could be teasing a crossover.
The Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack will arrive in Destiny 2 soon, and the teasers appear to show Guardian’s rocking some very familiar Halo weapons. This has sparked rumors that a Halo crossover will be arriving in Destiny 2 soon.
Bungie kickstarted the legendary Halo franchise back in 2001 but since parting ways with Microsoft, has now moved on to developing and supporting Destiny. Now, Halo is in the hands of 343 Industries.
Bungie will celebrate its 30th anniversary with a special Destiny 2 event that brings over content and cosmetics from its previous games. Although it’s Bungie’s most famous franchise, there was no confirmation that any Halo content would arrive.
However, on the 30th Anniversary Pack’s Steam page, eagle-eyed players believe they have spotted Halo weapons that tease a crossover.
The Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack launches on December 7 and brings a new Dungeon, as well as the Gjallarhorn Exotic Rocket Launcher, and weapons and armor from its previous games – Myth and Marathon.
Although Halo put Bungie on the map, the end of its Microsoft partnership has meant that Destiny and Halo have never had a crossover. However, it appears that could change.
Players have spotted weapons that look extremely similar to Halo’s classic Battle Rifle and Focus Rifle (or Covenant Carbine) in an image from Destiny 2’s ‘Dares of Eternity’ activity.
Some also believed that they spotted a Needler in the same image, but it’s actually a new armor set where the shoulder piece has some very familiar purple needles poking out of it.
However, there’s no guarantee that this will be an official crossover. It’s likely that Bungie has crafted new weapons that are inspired by Halo’s but in such a way that it doesn’t directly bring them over.
While an official crossover is possible, we’ll need to wait until the 30th Anniversary event releases to know just how much Halo will arrive in Destiny 2.
You can also check out how to get Destiny 2’s Last Word Hand Cannon and Halo Infinite devs teasing a stronger anti-cheat is on the way.
Image Credit: Bungie / 343 Industries
Warzone player discovers “genius” unlimited ammo exploit
A new exploit has been found in Warzone Pacific Season 1 that allows players to farm unlimited ammo with Fully...
Apex Legends ad teases Season 12 Olympus map update & care package changes
Apex Legends Season 12 will bring a fresh update to the Olympus battle royale map, which players have been given...
How to complete Player Moments Dest SBC in FIFA 22 Ultimate Team
Sergino Dest is looking like the best right back in La Liga, and FUT players won't want to miss his...