Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will bring an expansive arsenal for players to fight with, complete with a Gunsmith system.
As players dive into the experience, there’s a variety of weapons, perks, scorestreaks, field upgrades, and more to pick from as you build your class. Players have a lot of content to unlock on their Level 1 to Level 55 progression journey.
Here’s the full list of all the content available at launch. We’ll update this post as more content is added with the post launch seasons.
- Krig 6
- Groza (Season 1)
- Milano 821
- KSP 45
- MAC-10 (Season 1)
- Type 63
- DMR 14
- Stoner 63
- Pelington 703
- LW3 – Tundra
- Hauer 77
- Gallo SA12
- Streetsweeper (Season 1)
- Cigma 2
- Engineer: Detect enemy equipment and scorestreaks through walls. See enemy scorestreaks on your mini-map. Re-roll your care packages.
- Paranoia: Hear an alert when an enemy aims at you. Your vision pulses if the enemy is outside of your view.
- Flak Jacket: Take less damage from enemy explosives and Molotov fires.
- Tactical Mask: Maximized resistance to flash bang and stun grenade. Immune to gas.
- Forward Intel: See indicators for enemy reinforcements on your minimap. Minimap shows a larger area.
- Assassin: Enemies that appear on your minimap when shooting or revealed by a Spy Plane will have a crosshair indicator instead of a red dot if they are on a Killstreak. Receive extra Score for taking them down.
- Gear Head: Reduce Filed Upgrade cool down. Store up to two Field Upgrade charges.
- Scavenger: Replenish ammo from fallen players.
- Quartermaster: Recharge equipment over 25 seconds.
- Tracker: See Imprint of enemy footsteps. Aim at enemies to reveal them on your team’s minimap.
- Gung-Ho: Fire your weapon and use Equipment while sprinting. Move at full speed when reloading. Switch weapons faster. Take less damage from falling. Fire more accurately when sliding.
- Ghost: Undetectable by enemy Spy Planes whenever you are moving, planting or defusing bombs, or controlling scorestreaks.
- Cold Blooded: AI-controlled scorestreaks will not target you. Player-controlled scorestreaks will not highlight you. Show up cold on thermal. Players in vehicles won’t see your nameplate.
- Ninja: Sprint more quietly. Resistant to Field Medic when sprinting. Speak only when necessary.
- Spy-craft: Hack enemy Field Upgrades. Immune to Counter Spy Plane, Jammer, Tracker, and Paranoia. Won’t trigger Proximity Mines or Gas Mines. Booby trap enemy Care Packages.
- Danger Close: Equip extra lethal and tactical equipment, and start with max ammo.
- Law Breaker: Equip any weapon in either slot and equip any perks.
- Gunfighter: Unlocks 3 additional attachment slots for your primary weapon.
- Perk Greed: Equip 3 extra perks.
- Frag Grenade
- Stun Grenade
- Smoke Grenade
- Flash Bang
- Proximity Mine: Throwable mine, explodes shortly after one enemy runs or drives over it. Can be avoided by crouching. Destroys any vehicle that runs over it.
- Field Mic: Deploys a recording device that highlights enmity sounds on your minimap.
- Trophy System: Destroys thrown enemy equipment and launcher missiles within 10 meters.
- SAM Turret: Launches missiles at enemy air scorestreaks and player-piloted helicopters.
- Assault Pack: Supply cache containing ammo that gives bonus score for taking down enemies.
- Jammer: Creates an electronic disruption field, disabling enemy Field Upgrades, and degrading enemy minimap information.
- Gas Mine: Proximity activated trap that expels a large cloud of harmful gas. Enemies inside are damaged and disoriented.
- Combat Bow (500 Score): Arrows burn targets and the surrounding area. Cool down: 120 seconds.
- RC-XD (800 Score): Remote-controlled car strapped with explosives. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Spy Plane (1000 Score): Reveal enemy positions through the Fog of War. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Counter-Spy Plane (1400 Score): Scramble enemy mini-maps and disable hostile Missile Turrets for a short time. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Armor (1600 Score): Reduces incoming bullet damage. Destroyed after it absorbs too much damage. Cool down: 120 seconds.
- Care Package (2000 Score): Airdrop a random Scorestreak. Crate self-destructs after use. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Sentry Turret (1800 Score): Deploy a deadly automated turret that targets enemy planes, vehicles, and equipment. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- Death Machine (2200 Score): Deadly machine gun with high damage rounds that suppress enemies in the line of fire. Cooldown: 90 seconds.
- Napalm Strike (2500 Score): Launch a targeted carpet bomb strike of explosive napalm. Cool down: 30 seconds.
- Artillery (3000 Score): Launch a targeted airstrike on three locations. Unused strikes can be saved for later. Cool down: 30 seconds.
- Cruise Missile (3500 Score): Steer a trio of missiles with boost and air brake controls. Secondary missiles auto-fire at painted targets. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Air Patrol (2400 Score): Call in a squadron of jets to attack enemy air Scorestreaks. Counter enemy Air Patrols. Cool down: 0 seconds.
- War Machine (4000 Score): High explosive grenade launcher. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- Attack Helicopter (4500 Score): Call in an armed support helicopter. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- HARP (6000 Score): High-Altitude Reconnaissance Plane that shows both enemy position and direction on the mini-map. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- Chopper Gunner (6000 Score): Be the gunner in a close air support helicopter. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- VTOL Escort (8500 Score): Lay waste to enemy infantry and vehicles from the cockpit of a power VTOL jet. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Gunship (10,000 Score): Be the gunner in a close air support gunship. Cool down: 90 seconds.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.
Stay tuned to CharlieIntel for the latest news on the title.
Warzone players slam “rip off” Ultra Operator skin
Warzone players have called out the new Magma Ultra Operator skin for being a “rip off” and advise other players not to buy it.
Warzone players have been unimpressed with the new ‘Magma’ Ultra-rarity Operator skin for Knight, with it being called a “rip off” as its fiery effect in-game doesn’t match its Cold War appearance or what’s advertised in the store.
Warzone and Cold War Season 4 added the first-ever Ultra Operator skin with Iridescent for Jackal. This brightly-colored skin changes color throughout matches, making it a unique sight on the battlefield.
Activision has now released another Ultra Operator skin with ‘Magma’ for Knight, in which the outfit glows like fiery lava. But Warzone players have been more than unimpressed with its minimal fiery effects in the battle royale mode.
As Cold War and Warzone are on different engines, the Operators often look slightly different between the two games. This has been severely highlighted with the Magma Fury Bundle, where the skin’s effect is clear in Cold War, but barely recognizable in Warzone.
Many players assumed that the Magma skin would be reactive, where it changes color and design with each kill. This doesn’t appear to be the case, as the molten lava effect is there as soon as you spawn in.
Warzone players have been criticizing the skin as the lava effect is almost non-existent in the bright, hazy colors of Verdansk ’84. Reddit user kaif_chan123 made players aware of the problem by showing off the skin in Warzone.
In the comparison pictures, we can see the skin’s Magma effect is bright and obvious when in the Store but muddied and hard to see in-game. “They did rip me off,” they stated, explaining that they wouldn’t recommend that anyone buys it.
The image from kaif_chan123 is low-resolution, but a video from KRNG Hero (topic begins at 13:48) better shows how it looks in Warzone. After praising how cool the skin is in Cold War, Hero said that you can only see the fire effect in Warzone if you “look very carefully.”
This is one of Activision’s most expensive bundles in the store, so while plenty of Redditors criticized the OP for buying a skin, it’s still something players should be aware of before purchasing the bundle.
Image Credit: Activision
Black Ops Cold War players call for major changes to Chopper Gunner Scorestreak
Cold War fans want Treyarch to address the Chopper Gunner Scorestreak as they believe it’s underpowered in its current state.
Once one of the most feared Scorestreaks in Call of Duty, players think the Chopper Gunner needs a big buff to be worth the points required to use in Black Ops Cold War.
People tend to reminisce about the Modern Warfare 2 days of CoD. Nearly every gamer had the Chopper Gunner killstreak equipped as it was unbelievably overpowered, would be a guarantee to rack up some serious kills, and was fun to use.
In Black Ops Cold War, the feeling is not quite the same. As one of the most expensive Scorestreaks in Season 4, players don’t believe it justifies the points necessary to acquire. As a result, they want it to receive a significant buff going forward.
One of the biggest issues with the Chopper Gunner is that it requires a whopping 8,000 points to pilot one.
They then dissect the effectiveness and durability of the Chopper Gunner, in comparison to other Scorestreaks, by saying: “The streak can easily be taken down by down by someone’s Sam Turret that only takes 3 minutes to charge (which can be sooner if they are using a perk to speed it up) or an Air Patrol valued at 2500 points. That’s laughable.”
A common complaint that was echoed by many commenters on the post is that the VTOL Scorestreak is significantly better, and costs fewer points.
You can control the VTOL, but you can’t with the Chopper Gunner, you can manually trigger flares for the VTOL, and it has two modes of fire.
One top commenter said: “I don’t know why you would choose a Chopper Gunner over the Gunship lmao. The CG can get melted by a Calvary Lancer M60 (I have an “Anti-Air” class specifically for this) in 3 seconds.”
After weighing up all the evidence, it’s clear that there is a huge discrepancy between the Chopper Gunner and cheaper Scorestreaks of a similar nature. It definitely warrants some kind of upgrade, or its points requirement lowered.
Also, check out how to turn off crossplay in Black Ops Cold War & Warzone.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
When does Black Ops Cold War Season 5 start? Season 4 end, guns, maps, leaks, theme
Season 5 will be one of the final chapters for CoD: Cold War. Here’s when it will start, and info about guns, maps, and Season 4’s end.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 5 will represent one of the last new waves of content for Treyarch’s FPS title. Here’s everything we know about its potential start date, Season 4’s end date, and new guns and maps.
As to be expected, Season 4 of Cold War turned out to be quite a hefty update, adding all sorts of new gear to the game. As well as destructive new weapons like the MG 82 LMG and C58 Assault Rifle, we also got the new Ground Fall Event and even an overpowered new Scorestreak.
Things always move on though, so we’re going to analyze the probable end date of Black Ops Cold War Season 4, and the start of Season 5.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 4 end date
The Battle Pass for Season 4 expires on August 11. Meaning players will have until then to max out their pass before Season 5 starts.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 5 start date
CoD never has any truly significant downtime between seasons, and the transition between Cold War Season 4 and Season 5 should be no different.
We’ve gotten official word that Black Ops Cold War and Warzone’s Season 5 will begin on August 12, 2021.
All the key details are still to be revealed concerning the next chapter in the 80s Call of Duty story, and they’re sure to be interesting.
Black Ops Cold War Season 5 new guns & leak
Each new Call of Duty season usually introduces a bunch of new weapons for players to unlock and use in Black Ops Cold War.
As well as the aforementioned MG 82 and C58, Season 4 also welcomed the Nail Gun, OTs SMG, and the upcoming Mace. There’s no official word yet as to what new weapons we will see in Season 5, but a leak has potentially revealed the identity of a new one.
Thanks to dataminer Nanikos, key artwork of the upcoming fifth season has been leaked ahead of time, and the image reveals a new Operator wielding, what looks like, Akimbo TEC-9 Pistols. A rapid SMG like the Bullfrog or PPSh-41, the TEC-9 would be another stellar addition to Cold War’s SMG category.
Also, check out our 10 best guns in Black Ops Cold War and Tier List.
CoD: Cold War Season 5 new maps & leak
The standout highlight of CoD: Cold War Season 5’s new map selections has to be the return of Hijacked. The exotic Cruise ship returned to house more tense skirmishes across its expensive decks.
As well as Hijacked, Cold War Season 4 also added Collateral Strike as a new 6v6 map, Amsterdam for 2v2 and 3v3, and ‘Rush’ is due in-season.
With the recent Season 5 leak in mind, it seems like players may have another remake to look forward to. As well as Black Ops I’s Summit map featuring in a new Outbreak area called “Weather Station,” they say that Summit will return as an individual 6v6 map.
There will probably be other new map content as well, so we’ll update this section when we know more.
Also, see where we ranked and tiered every map in Black Ops Cold War here.
Cold War Season 5 new Operators & theme
Season 5 is almost certainly carrying on the story being told so far in Cold War and Warzone. We’ve traveled to various parts of the world following the exploits of Stitch, Adler, and most recently Jackal.
If the rumored leak is anything to go by, then Season 5 may be about to explore even more uncharted territory. The leaked image shows a new Operator who goes by the name “Kitsune.”
She will represent a Japanese-themed approach to Season 5, and could be joined by two other Operators, Kingsley and Surge, although their names could change ahead of launch.
Cold War Season 5 Zombies & new Perks
We’ve already covered that Outbreak is looking to expand its array of areas to explore, and that might not be all we’ll get in Season 5.
There doesn’t seem to be anything as substantial as the Mauer Der Toten Zombies map that arrived in Season 4, but some new perks could be inbound.
Mule Kick was the sole addition to Season 4, but Season 5 may be adding two more if the Nanikos leak is to be believed.
PHD and Double Tap could be both be set for their debut in Black Ops Cold War.
PHD protects the player from any self-inflicted damage or actions and can cause explosions when jumping from a reasonable height.
Whereas Double Tap is a classic Call of Duty Perk that allows you to fire your weapons faster and perform certain actions much quicker. Both should be a great addition to the game and allow players even more freedom to play the game and complete Easter Eggs.
In the meantime, we’ll continue to report on everything that Black Ops Cold War Season 4 has in store for us, and we’ll be the first to break any Cold War Season 5 news here at Charlie INTEL.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
When does Apex Legends Season 10 start? Emergence update release time
Apex Legends Season 10 will be here very soon, so here is the release time for the Emergence update when...
Dr Disrespect explains why he hates Apex Legends: “It’s boring! Shooting shields, I don’t like it!”
Popular streamer Dr Disrespect recently gave his thoughts on Apex Legends while playing and explained why he is a not...
Apex Legends Season 10: Emergence battle pass tiers and rewards
Apex Legends Season 10: Emergence is dropping with new content in the battle pass, let's take a look at what...