Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will bring an expansive arsenal for players to fight with, complete with a Gunsmith system.
As players dive into the experience, there’s a variety of weapons, perks, scorestreaks, field upgrades, and more to pick from as you build your class. Players have a lot of content to unlock on their Level 1 to Level 55 progression journey.
Here’s the full list of all the content available at launch. We’ll update this post as more content is added with the post launch seasons.
- Krig 6
- Groza (Season 1)
- Milano 821
- KSP 45
- MAC-10 (Season 1)
- Type 63
- DMR 14
- Stoner 63
- Pelington 703
- LW3 – Tundra
- Hauer 77
- Gallo SA12
- Streetsweeper (Season 1)
- Cigma 2
- Engineer: Detect enemy equipment and scorestreaks through walls. See enemy scorestreaks on your mini-map. Re-roll your care packages.
- Paranoia: Hear an alert when an enemy aims at you. Your vision pulses if the enemy is outside of your view.
- Flak Jacket: Take less damage from enemy explosives and Molotov fires.
- Tactical Mask: Maximized resistance to flash bang and stun grenade. Immune to gas.
- Forward Intel: See indicators for enemy reinforcements on your minimap. Minimap shows a larger area.
- Assassin: Enemies that appear on your minimap when shooting or revealed by a Spy Plane will have a crosshair indicator instead of a red dot if they are on a Killstreak. Receive extra Score for taking them down.
- Gear Head: Reduce Filed Upgrade cool down. Store up to two Field Upgrade charges.
- Scavenger: Replenish ammo from fallen players.
- Quartermaster: Recharge equipment over 25 seconds.
- Tracker: See Imprint of enemy footsteps. Aim at enemies to reveal them on your team’s minimap.
- Gung-Ho: Fire your weapon and use Equipment while sprinting. Move at full speed when reloading. Switch weapons faster. Take less damage from falling. Fire more accurately when sliding.
- Ghost: Undetectable by enemy Spy Planes whenever you are moving, planting or defusing bombs, or controlling scorestreaks.
- Cold Blooded: AI-controlled scorestreaks will not target you. Player-controlled scorestreaks will not highlight you. Show up cold on thermal. Players in vehicles won’t see your nameplate.
- Ninja: Sprint more quietly. Resistant to Field Medic when sprinting. Speak only when necessary.
- Spy-craft: Hack enemy Field Upgrades. Immune to Counter Spy Plane, Jammer, Tracker, and Paranoia. Won’t trigger Proximity Mines or Gas Mines. Booby trap enemy Care Packages.
- Danger Close: Equip extra lethal and tactical equipment, and start with max ammo.
- Law Breaker: Equip any weapon in either slot and equip any perks.
- Gunfighter: Unlocks 3 additional attachment slots for your primary weapon.
- Perk Greed: Equip 3 extra perks.
- Frag Grenade
- Stun Grenade
- Smoke Grenade
- Flash Bang
- Proximity Mine: Throwable mine, explodes shortly after one enemy runs or drives over it. Can be avoided by crouching. Destroys any vehicle that runs over it.
- Field Mic: Deploys a recording device that highlights enmity sounds on your minimap.
- Trophy System: Destroys thrown enemy equipment and launcher missiles within 10 meters.
- SAM Turret: Launches missiles at enemy air scorestreaks and player-piloted helicopters.
- Assault Pack: Supply cache containing ammo that gives bonus score for taking down enemies.
- Jammer: Creates an electronic disruption field, disabling enemy Field Upgrades, and degrading enemy minimap information.
- Gas Mine: Proximity activated trap that expels a large cloud of harmful gas. Enemies inside are damaged and disoriented.
- Combat Bow (500 Score): Arrows burn targets and the surrounding area. Cool down: 120 seconds.
- RC-XD (800 Score): Remote-controlled car strapped with explosives. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Spy Plane (1000 Score): Reveal enemy positions through the Fog of War. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Counter-Spy Plane (1400 Score): Scramble enemy mini-maps and disable hostile Missile Turrets for a short time. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Armor (1600 Score): Reduces incoming bullet damage. Destroyed after it absorbs too much damage. Cool down: 120 seconds.
- Care Package (2000 Score): Airdrop a random Scorestreak. Crate self-destructs after use. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Sentry Turret (1800 Score): Deploy a deadly automated turret that targets enemy planes, vehicles, and equipment. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- Death Machine (2200 Score): Deadly machine gun with high damage rounds that suppress enemies in the line of fire. Cooldown: 90 seconds.
- Napalm Strike (2500 Score): Launch a targeted carpet bomb strike of explosive napalm. Cool down: 30 seconds.
- Artillery (3000 Score): Launch a targeted airstrike on three locations. Unused strikes can be saved for later. Cool down: 30 seconds.
- Cruise Missile (3500 Score): Steer a trio of missiles with boost and air brake controls. Secondary missiles auto-fire at painted targets. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Air Patrol (2400 Score): Call in a squadron of jets to attack enemy air Scorestreaks. Counter enemy Air Patrols. Cool down: 0 seconds.
- War Machine (4000 Score): High explosive grenade launcher. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- Attack Helicopter (4500 Score): Call in an armed support helicopter. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- HARP (6000 Score): High-Altitude Reconnaissance Plane that shows both enemy position and direction on the mini-map. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- Chopper Gunner (6000 Score): Be the gunner in a close air support helicopter. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- VTOL Escort (8500 Score): Lay waste to enemy infantry and vehicles from the cockpit of a power VTOL jet. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Gunship (10,000 Score): Be the gunner in a close air support gunship. Cool down: 90 seconds.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.
Stay tuned to CharlieIntel for the latest news on the title.
Treyarch reverses some bans following Cold War Zombies Sail 630 Nuclear Bug
Treyarch have responded to Cold War Zombies players reports that they have been falsely banned after receiving the ‘Sail 630 Nuclear Bug.’
Treyarch have responded to reports of Black Ops Cold War Zombies players receiving the ‘Sail 630 Nuclear Bug’ error code and having their accounts permanently banned afterward.
In a new update on April 16 on Reddit, Treyarch Community Manager has stated that they investigated the issue even further and have identified a number of bans caused by this bug that will be reversed.
He states that not all bans have been reversed, as some very in fact legitimate bans in the mode, but many have after a security enforcement review.
Foxhound commented on a Reddit post with the latest statement from the studio:
Hello! The Sail 630 Nuclear Bug notice is indeed a disconnect message as previously shared and now noted by your peers. If you are disconnected mid-match, this error has the potential to show up.
We have an update to share: recent account enforcements have been reviewed and, where appropriate, accounts believed to be operating in good faith have been restored. Accounts that included additional flags for exploits will retain their enforcement.
As always, we encourage everyone to enjoy Zombies on PC within the terms of service.
He followed up further after a user commented asking why they decided to “lie” initially. Foxy replied that he provided the latest information he had at the time, but after further investigations things changed.
We’ve always relayed the most recent information available at the time of postings. According to the data available to us, accounts that have retained their enforcement are verified to have broken the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Security and Enforcement Policy. Accounts believed to be operating in good faith have been restored.
He also reiterated that PC players are “safe” to continue playing Zombies in Black Ops Cold War.
As we mentioned above, you’re safe to enjoy Zombies on PC within the terms of service. No worries about going for high rounds!
In the early days of Black Ops Cold War, Zombies players were having their World Record runs abruptly ended by consistent crashes. Now, a new error code has been kicking Zombies players back to the menu, and they claim their accounts are permanently banned when they log back on.
Since April 2nd, the ‘Sail 630 Nuclear Bug’ has been crashing PC players’ Zombies games when they’re on high levels. Reddit user Korlesa was allegedly banned after receiving this code and posted to the CODZombies subreddit to highlight the issue.
In the post titled, “People are being falsely banned while going for high rounds in Zombies on PC,” Korlesa described how “after going 50+ rounds people are receiving a “Sail 630 Nuclear Bug” Error. Upon exiting to Battle.net we see that we have been permanently banned.”
Before the post was locked, to back up their claim, Korlesa compiled over 70 posts to the Activision Support page in which players reported they had been falsely banned after receiving the Sail 630 Nuclear Bug.
Korlesa summed up these reports highlighting what the majority of them had in common:
- They were on PC
- They were playing Zombies
- They were on a high round (50+)
- They received the same error (Sail 630 Nuclear Bug)
Treyarch’s Community Manager, Josh Torres, aka FoxhoundFPS, replied to the Reddit post. “I’m unable to assist with this issue,” he said. “All infractions undergo a thorough review process by the security team before enforcement.”
However, the original post and the CODZombies subreddit continued to be flooded with players reporting the issue and worrying if they’re safe to play. After a concerned Zombies fan asked if they should avoid playing the game until the issue has been fixed, FoxhoundFPS replied with a full statement.
We are aware that some players are seeing the Sail 630 Nuclear Bug message and then are unable to connect while seeing a ban message. The ban message is not a product of disconnect errors. For questions about enforcement policies, please visit this link.
I’ve spoken with our teams regarding the recent Sail 630 Nuclear Bug threads and reports, and here’s what I have to share.
Sail 630 Nuclear Bug: This error string is currently presented instead of the standard disconnect language when a disconnect occurs in the Zombies menus on PC. PC players would typically see, “Connection to the Blizzard game server has been lost. Please exit and try again. BLZBNTBGS000003F8.”
We encourage players to continue playing Zombies as per usual, which includes chasing high-rounds and personal bests.
After another user asked if players who have been banned after seeing the error message will get their accounts back, FoxhoundFPS reiterated his statement.
I stated in my post that the bans are not the result of the disconnect or the disconnect error. The recent enforcements are not bugs or errors.
Players that experience disconnects are not subject to enforcement unless they are violating the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Security and Enforcement Policy. As I have always stated, all infractions undergo a thorough review process by the security team before enforcement.
Players are able, and encouraged, to maintain or resume normal Zombies gameplay.
To summarize, Torres passed on players’ concerns to the security team, who then said that the Sail 630 Nuclear Bug is a standard error message unrelated to player bans.
Image Credit: Activision
Cold War devs respond to claims ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle isn’t powerful enough
A dev response has been issued to complaints that CoD: Cold War’s ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle isn’t as strong as advertised.
Season 2’s ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle is finally in CoD: Cold War, but players are complaining that its description and damage are misleading. A Treyarch dev has addressed these reservations.
The LW3 Tundra, Pelington 703, and M82 already provide players with some solid options to cap enemies from a long distance, but the ZRG 20mm is here to take that crown. The one-hit, bolt-action Sniper Rifle aims to add an extra dimension to Black Ops Cold War matches moving forward.
However, its early days are being shrouded in controversy as players believe that the weapon isn’t as devastating as perhaps it should be. One of Treyarch’s devs has replied to the Reddit thread making these claims to explain why this isn’t the case.
According to the ZRG 20mm’s Official description, it “Deals higher damage to vehicles.” Yet, with closer inspection, the Sniper Rifle’s own stats seem to contradict this.
Its Vehicle Damage states it does 440 per hit, whereas one of its nearest competitors, the M82, does 825 Vehicle Damage. This represents nearly a 100% increase over the ZRG 20mm and got people wondering.
But renowned Treyarch dev Josh “FoxhoundFPS” Torres stepped in to intervene saying,
“Hey there! Spoke with our Multiplayer Team and we have the following to share: The ZRG 20mm has built-in armor-piercing properties which aren’t accounted for in the Vehicle Damage values. We’re already discussing this with the UI team on how to make that more clear in the detailed stats. Thanks for the feedback!”
So in actual fact, the ZRG 20mm does do more Vehicle Damage as it states, and its extra damage is just currently hidden away.
So for anyone wanting to unlock the ZRG 20mm and use it for CoD: Black Ops Cold War’s bigger modes involving vehicles, it’s absolutely worth using.
It’s another positive example of devs responding quickly to an issue as well, a point we discussed in our 8 things we want to see in Call of Duty 2021 article.
Image credits: Treyarch
When does Warzone & Cold War Season 3 start? Season 2 end date
Warzone & Black Ops Cold War Season 2 has finally dropped, but when will they end, and when will Season 3 commence?
We’re fast approaching the end of Warzone and Black Ops Cold War Season 2, so when does Season 3 begin and what does it have in store?
Ever since the integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone, we’ve seen a vast number of additions and changes to both games. The subsequent updates have allowed Verdansk to expand with Rebirth Island, and even incorporate Zombies into Warzone.
Warzone Season 2 has also introduced some other pretty hefty changes to the games including some pretty interesting map changes to freshen things up, and also two new weapons from Black Ops Cold War, the FARA 83 Assault Rifle and the LC10 SMG, that could shift the meta.
We’re already hearing mumblings and murmurs of potential new content for the future though, with Warzone Season 3 spying a huge revamp in April. So we begin to wonder, how long will Season 2 actually last for, and when can we expect CoD to drop Season 3 of both Black Ops Cold War & Warzone?
Warzone & Cold War Season 3 start date
Previous seasons of Modern Warfare and Warzone, before its numbered season reboot, usually lasted around 10 weeks, and this has proven to be the case for Warzone & Black Ops Cold War.
Season One officially began on December 16, 2020, with the newest season beginning on February 25, 2021. This is approximately a 10-week gap between both which is in keeping with type.
The current Battle Pass has presented a set date it’s expected to end, and a new season usually starts shortly after last season’s Battle Pass has expired. With the information we currently have, we can expect Season 3 to begin on April 22, 2021.
This lines up with the confirmed season end date of April 21, given in the first Warzone nuke event teaser. It says the event will go live at 12 PM, as Verdansk will be completely overtaken by the undead.
Cold War Season 3 weapons
Call of Duty leakers have discovered some upcoming weapons in Warzone’s game files. Since these files are usually only added when weapons are in the final stage before release, we might see them arrive in Season 3.
Among them was a fast-firing burst Assault Rifle that could potentially be a Tactical Rifle like the M16 and AUG. Another weapon in the files seemed to be an SMG described with ‘spray,’ which probably means that it boasts a high fire rate.
The classic Ballistic Knife from the original Black Ops will also be arriving in Warzone and Cold War in the upcoming season. This projectile melee weapon has become a staple of the Call of Duty franchise, so it’s an exciting addition.
The data miners also stated that a new full-auto pistol and a Baseball Bat melee weapon might be joining the game in the Season 3 Reloaded update or in Season 4.
New Cold War Season 3 Trailer hints at Warzone Verdansk crossover
On April 15, Treyarch’s Official Twitter account posted an interesting new teaser trailer that suggested where Season 3 could be heading next.
- Read More: Best Sykov loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 2
Here is the full Tweet accompanied by the trailer.
After unsuccessfully extracting Adler from Laos, the team has now been able to track down his, and Stitch’s, whereabouts to Verdansk. Given that Verdansk is facing the possibility of being nuked, it remains to be seen how the two games could potentially crossover.
Warzone & Cold War mid-Season 2 update
While we waited for Black Ops Cold x Warzone Season 3, Activision released a mid-Season update with a ton of new content on March 29 at 9PM PT.
This brought three new maps to the game’s multiplayer, with Golova for Fireteam, Mansion for Gunfight, and Miami Strike for 6v6. Also, for the Zombies fans out there, Sanatorium will be joining the roster of Ural Mountains maps available in the Outbreak game mode.
1980s revamp leaked for Warzone Season 3
We got a first look at what the next evolution of Verdansk will be in a celebrity commercial that was posted to Twitter. It showed the map getting a 1980s makeover with a specific focus on a few key areas.
Stadium, Dam, Airport, and the surrounding forestry were the highlighted locations in the video, along with some changes in Downtown. Later, another possible teaser was discovered in Verdansk’s Superstore in the form of a poster for the 1980s Moscow Summer Olympics.
We expect more teasers for Season 3 to pop up around Verdansk and Cold War’s multiplayer, and the ones that have been found make Warzone’s 1980s overhaul seem all the more likely.
We’ve still a bit of time to go until Season 3 and Activision will be busy concentrating on making Season Two the best it can be. They have already rolled out large-scale ban waves to accounts that are found to be guilty of cheating.
Speculation will already be ongoing as to what we’ll see in Warzone Season 3, including a massive event that could change Warzone forever.
Image credits: Activision
Warzone will reportedly get NVIDIA DLSS support with Season 3
NVIDIA DLSS could bring new technology and support for PC players in Warzone.
Treyarch reverses some bans following Cold War Zombies Sail 630 Nuclear Bug
Treyarch have responded to Cold War Zombies players reports that they have been falsely banned after receiving the 'Sail 630...
Warzone devs preview Season 3 changes: Roze Skin update, FFAR & Sykov nerf, and more
Big changes previewed for Warzone Season 3 including FFAR & Sykov nerfs.