Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will bring an expansive arsenal for players to fight with, complete with a Gunsmith system.
As players dive into the experience, there’s a variety of weapons, perks, scorestreaks, field upgrades, and more to pick from as you build your class. Players have a lot of content to unlock on their Level 1 to Level 55 progression journey.
Here’s the full list of all the content available at launch. We’ll update this post as more content is added with the post launch seasons.
- Krig 6
- Groza (Season 1)
- Milano 821
- KSP 45
- MAC-10 (Season 1)
- Type 63
- DMR 14
- Stoner 63
- Pelington 703
- LW3 – Tundra
- Hauer 77
- Gallo SA12
- Streetsweeper (Season 1)
- Cigma 2
- Engineer: Detect enemy equipment and scorestreaks through walls. See enemy scorestreaks on your mini-map. Re-roll your care packages.
- Paranoia: Hear an alert when an enemy aims at you. Your vision pulses if the enemy is outside of your view.
- Flak Jacket: Take less damage from enemy explosives and Molotov fires.
- Tactical Mask: Maximized resistance to flash bang and stun grenade. Immune to gas.
- Forward Intel: See indicators for enemy reinforcements on your minimap. Minimap shows a larger area.
- Assassin: Enemies that appear on your minimap when shooting or revealed by a Spy Plane will have a crosshair indicator instead of a red dot if they are on a Killstreak. Receive extra Score for taking them down.
- Gear Head: Reduce Filed Upgrade cool down. Store up to two Field Upgrade charges.
- Scavenger: Replenish ammo from fallen players.
- Quartermaster: Recharge equipment over 25 seconds.
- Tracker: See Imprint of enemy footsteps. Aim at enemies to reveal them on your team’s minimap.
- Gung-Ho: Fire your weapon and use Equipment while sprinting. Move at full speed when reloading. Switch weapons faster. Take less damage from falling. Fire more accurately when sliding.
- Ghost: Undetectable by enemy Spy Planes whenever you are moving, planting or defusing bombs, or controlling scorestreaks.
- Cold Blooded: AI-controlled scorestreaks will not target you. Player-controlled scorestreaks will not highlight you. Show up cold on thermal. Players in vehicles won’t see your nameplate.
- Ninja: Sprint more quietly. Resistant to Field Medic when sprinting. Speak only when necessary.
- Spy-craft: Hack enemy Field Upgrades. Immune to Counter Spy Plane, Jammer, Tracker, and Paranoia. Won’t trigger Proximity Mines or Gas Mines. Booby trap enemy Care Packages.
- Danger Close: Equip extra lethal and tactical equipment, and start with max ammo.
- Law Breaker: Equip any weapon in either slot and equip any perks.
- Gunfighter: Unlocks 3 additional attachment slots for your primary weapon.
- Perk Greed: Equip 3 extra perks.
- Frag Grenade
- Stun Grenade
- Smoke Grenade
- Flash Bang
- Proximity Mine: Throwable mine, explodes shortly after one enemy runs or drives over it. Can be avoided by crouching. Destroys any vehicle that runs over it.
- Field Mic: Deploys a recording device that highlights enmity sounds on your minimap.
- Trophy System: Destroys thrown enemy equipment and launcher missiles within 10 meters.
- SAM Turret: Launches missiles at enemy air scorestreaks and player-piloted helicopters.
- Assault Pack: Supply cache containing ammo that gives bonus score for taking down enemies.
- Jammer: Creates an electronic disruption field, disabling enemy Field Upgrades, and degrading enemy minimap information.
- Gas Mine: Proximity activated trap that expels a large cloud of harmful gas. Enemies inside are damaged and disoriented.
- Combat Bow (500 Score): Arrows burn targets and the surrounding area. Cool down: 120 seconds.
- RC-XD (800 Score): Remote-controlled car strapped with explosives. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Spy Plane (1000 Score): Reveal enemy positions through the Fog of War. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Counter-Spy Plane (1400 Score): Scramble enemy mini-maps and disable hostile Missile Turrets for a short time. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Armor (1600 Score): Reduces incoming bullet damage. Destroyed after it absorbs too much damage. Cool down: 120 seconds.
- Care Package (2000 Score): Airdrop a random Scorestreak. Crate self-destructs after use. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Sentry Turret (1800 Score): Deploy a deadly automated turret that targets enemy planes, vehicles, and equipment. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- Death Machine (2200 Score): Deadly machine gun with high damage rounds that suppress enemies in the line of fire. Cooldown: 90 seconds.
- Napalm Strike (2500 Score): Launch a targeted carpet bomb strike of explosive napalm. Cool down: 30 seconds.
- Artillery (3000 Score): Launch a targeted airstrike on three locations. Unused strikes can be saved for later. Cool down: 30 seconds.
- Cruise Missile (3500 Score): Steer a trio of missiles with boost and air brake controls. Secondary missiles auto-fire at painted targets. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Air Patrol (2400 Score): Call in a squadron of jets to attack enemy air Scorestreaks. Counter enemy Air Patrols. Cool down: 0 seconds.
- War Machine (4000 Score): High explosive grenade launcher. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- Attack Helicopter (4500 Score): Call in an armed support helicopter. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- HARP (6000 Score): High-Altitude Reconnaissance Plane that shows both enemy position and direction on the mini-map. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- Chopper Gunner (6000 Score): Be the gunner in a close air support helicopter. Cool down: 60 seconds.
- VTOL Escort (8500 Score): Lay waste to enemy infantry and vehicles from the cockpit of a power VTOL jet. Cool down: 90 seconds.
- Gunship (10,000 Score): Be the gunner in a close air support gunship. Cool down: 90 seconds.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.
Stay tuned to CharlieIntel for the latest news on the title.
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Treyarch confirm Jungle map remaster & new weapon arriving in Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War devs Treyarch have confirmed a new long-range weapon and Jungle map remaster coming soon.
Treyarch have confirmed brand-new content is on the way for Black Ops Cold War, including a new weapon and remastered version of the classic Jungle map.
Now, Treyarch have announced more new additions that they have planned for Black Ops Cold War in May and beyond, including a long-range weapon and a remastered version of a classic Call of Duty map.
Cold War Jungle map remaster release date
Treyarch confirmed that the remastered Jungle map will make its way to Black Ops Cold War on Friday, May 6. The new map hit the game at 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM UK.
Treyarch originally confirmed their plans for brand-new Call of Duty content in a blog post on April 14, including the addition of the classic map Jungle. When the map hits the game on May 6, players will be able to jump into a Jungle 24/7 playlist.
When this map first made its debut, it consisted of a ruined village and military base near a river in the middle of a Vietnamese jungle. Players could take advantage of its many slopes and ladders to move quickly between levels.
Jungle won over players with its impressive layout and was added to other CoD titles like Black Ops III and Black Ops 4. Now, a remastered version will be added to Cold War’s standard 6v6 playlists in a new update.
New Cold War weapon
Adding new weapons often shakes up the meta of CoD titles, so we can expect major changes after this new content drop arrives.
For more Black Ops Cold War, be sure to check out Treyarch confirming that Cold War won’t receive more Zombies maps as well as the leaked Scythe weapon and its unlock requirements.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
How to get Fortnite x PAC-MAN skins: Release date & expected price
Here's everything that you need to know about the Fortnite and Pac-Man collaboration, including the skins' release date.
Vanguard players furious with lack of content in Season 3 Reloaded
While Warzone received a ton of Season 3 Reloaded updates, Vanguard players feel they've been completely ignored by the mid-season...
How to get Redeploy Extraction Tokens in Warzone: Instant redeploy item
Warzone Pacific Season 3 Reloaded brings Redeploy Extraction Tokens, so here's how this powerful new item works and how to...