In this post, we wanted to summarize everything that’s currently available in this build of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer.
Here’s a look at the Perks, Weapons, Killstreaks, Tactical, Lethal, and more items in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare as of now. Of course, with all game developments, things can change — some items can be removed and new items will be added ahead of launch.
- 3 Kills:
- Personal Radar — Escort drone that enables the radar for the owner, and pings nearby enemies.
- 4 Kills:
- Counter UAV
- Care Package
- 5 Kills:
- Cluster Strikes — Signal for a number of cluster mortars to hit the designated location.
- Cruise Missile — Control a long range cruise missile with boost capabilities.
- Precision Airstrike — Call in twin jets for a precision strike along the best available path.
- 7 Kills:
- Wheelson — Remote controlled UGV with a powerful airburst turret.
- Infantry Assault Vehicle — A manned light infantry vehicle with a.50 cal machine gun on top.
- 8 Kills:
- Emergency Airdrop — Call in 3 random kill streak care packages to your location.
- VTOL Jet — Releases an initial missile barrage before guarding a location of the player’s choice
- 10 Kills:
- Chopper Gunner
- White Phosphorus
- 11 Kills:
- Support Helo — Call in a heavy assault helo with twin turrets to patrol the map
- 12 Kills:
- Gunship — Heavy assault gunship with three types of armaments
- Advanced UAV — Orbital UAV that reveals the enemy’s direction on the mini map.
- 15 Kills:
- FR 5.56
- Model 680
- Double Time — Triple the duration of Super Sprint and fully refresh Super Sprint on kills.
- E.O.D. — Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire. Hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, and C4.
- Scavenger — Resupply ammo from dead players.
- Tracker — Enemies leave behind trails and death markers. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
- Tune Up — Increase the charger rate of field upgrades by 50%.
- Ghost — Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones, Heartbeat Sensors and High Alert. Hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
- Hardline — Your killstreaks cost 1 less kill.
- Kill Chain — Killstreaks earned in your current life earn kill credit for other killstreaks.
- Overkill — Carry two primary weapons.
- Restock — Recharge equipment over 30 seconds.
- Amped — Faster weapon swap and rocket launcher reload speed.
- Battle Hardened — Reduce the strength of enemy flash, stun, and EMP effects.
- Cold-Blooded — Undetectable by AI targeting system and thermal optics. Immure to snapshot grenades.
- High Alert — Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you.
- Shrapnel — Spawn with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration.
- Spotter — See enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through walls. Mark them for your team bu looking at them while aiming down sights.
- Frag Grenade
- Molotov Cocktail
- Throwing Knife
- Proximity Mine
- Flash Grenade
- Smoke Grenade
- Stun Grenade
- Stim — Military stimulant that cauterizes combat wounds
- Decoy Grenade — Counter-intel grenade that simulates fake gunfire and radar signatures that confuses the enemy.
- Gas Grenade — Explodes on impact with the ground releasing a lingering cloud of tear gas that causes slowed movement, blurred vision, and coughing.
- Snapshot Grenade — Provides a momentary glimpse of enemies within the blast radius.
- Heartbeat Sensor — A tablet that displays rough information about nearby enemies.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available October 25. Pre-order for Open Beta Early Access, starting Sept. 12 on PS4.
How to unlock the Sykov Pistol in Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 2
The Sykov full-auto pistol has finally been added to Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
In a surprise update on April 15, the highly-anticipated Sykov full-auto Pistol was added to Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare, so here’s how to unlock this powerful new sidearm.
After players found the Sykov Pistol in Plunder, they were desperate to get their hands on this new Modern Warfare weapon. In an update on April 15, the Sykov Pistol was finally added to the game.
It’s described in-game as a “double-action/single-action sidearm” that “comes with a few custom gunsmith mods that make it an outstanding addition to any arsenal.” From gameplay, we know that these powerful modifications are the full-auto feature and the 80 Round Mags.
With the right attachments, the Sykov pistol is unstoppable at close-range. Here’s everything you need to do to unlock it.
How to unlock the Sykov in Warzone and Modern Warfare
The Sykov Pistol is easy to unlock in Modern Warfare and Warzone, you simply need to get 4 kills while using pistols in 5 different matches.
If you own Modern Warfare, this is the place to do it. Jump into small maps such as Shipment or Shoot House in Hardcore mode, use any pistol, and you’ll be able to one-tap other players with ease.
If you only own Warzone, the challenge will be more difficult but is still very manageable. We recommend jumping into Plunder with some of Warzone’s best pistols. The akimbo Diamattis are still powerhouses, and dual Renettis will also offer similar results.
Also, we recommend you finish the match for progress to count. Leaving the match early can cause issues with the progress not counting, so you can simply get your pistol kills then play on as normal until the match ends.
How to unlock Akimbo for the Sykov pistol
What makes the Sykov so powerful is its Akimbo perk. This isn’t unlocked as a regular challenge, you’ll need to get 3 kills in 5 different matches using the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
The challenge description is reportedly bugged and will tell you to use the Renetti, but you need to use the Mo’Money perk with the Sykov.
Again, this challenge is easy in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer. We recommend playing Hardcore Shipment and Shoothouse as you’ll get the kills in no time.
For Warzone, we recommend hopping into Plunder. Equip Mo’Money to your Sykov and take close-range fights and you should be able to get at least three kills.
The Sykov’s arrival follows three new maps being added to Modern Warfare – Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. The latter two have been removed but will be returning soon as they still needed more “love.”
- Read more: When is Warzone’s nuke event?
The Sykov is also the first of the unreleased Modern Warfare weapons to have arrived in the game, with the CX-9 SMG and Raal LMG still scheduled to arrive.
Ranked up, the Sykov pistol is likely to be a dominant weapon close-range in Warzone, so if the issues with unlocking it are addressed, it’s worth utilizing the upcoming Double XP event to quickly unlock all of the attachments.
Image Credit: Activision
New Modern Warfare MP maps returning soon
Killhouse added to Modern Warfare, as two more maps to come soon.
Following the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update, Modern Warfare received three new maps – Call of Duty 4’s Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage. Now, the two new maps have been temporarily removed but will return soon, and Killhouse still remains.
Although Call of Duty games usually lose the majority of their player base when the next installment of the franchise releases, Black Ops Cold War’s joint progression system has given Modern Warfare fans a reason to stay. Even while playing 2019’s title, they will continue to increase their rank in Warzone and Cold War.
Modern Warfare’s content lifecycle was set to end in November 2020 with the release of Cold War, but as part of Warzone’s mid-Season 2 update, Activision treated fans to three new maps: Killhouse, Al-Raab Airbase, and Drainage.
Killhouse was, and still is, available in a 24/7 playlist in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer, but Al-Raab and Drainage were only available in private matches. Now, however, Al-Raab and Drainage have been mysteriously removed from the game.
Old-school CoD fans will remember Killhouse well as it made its debut in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but has also been included in CoD Mobile and Modern Warfare Remastered.
This close-range map, inspired by CoD 4’s tutorial level, F.N.G, is set in a military training warehouse. Although the map is small, it has plenty of cover and obstacles to navigate between.
You can still jump straight into Killhouse by selecting the “Killhouse 24/7” playlist from the Modern Warfare menu.
The other 6v6 map added in this surprise update was Al-Raab Airbase, but it could only be accessed through Private Matches. This map may also be familiar as it appears to be modeled after the Russian airbase Alex and Farah assault in the campaign mission, Proxy War. This map is relatively larger than CoD’s standard 6v6, with plenty of verticality and long lanes to snipe down.
A new Gunfight map, Drainage, was also added to Modern Warfare’s Private Matches. Similar to Airbase, Drainage is large for a 2v2 map, but it will also support 3v3 and other small team game modes. A bridge goes over the map as its standout feature, and there’s a ton of debris on the ground for players to use as cover.
These two maps will be returning to Modern Warfare MP “soon” Infinity Ward says in a new tweet. The maps needed more “love” before they could become available to play.
Infinity Ward never acknowledged the maps being added or taken away, so we don’t know if these are the only changes made to Modern Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision / CODTracker
Warzone players call for “Classic” mode with only Modern Warfare weapons
Many Warzone players feel that Call of Duty’s battle royale game could do with a mode that only allows the use of Modern Warfare weapons.
Disgruntled Warzone players want to see the game incorporate a “Classic” mode that goes back to the game’s roots, using only CoD: Modern Warfare weapons.
The integration of Black Ops Cold War into Warzone really did change the game and its meta forever. Across Season 1 and Season 2, Warzone’s already stellar roster of guns received a massive boost and gave players a lot more options to choose from.
But these extras haven’t been to the delight of everyone, as some of them namely Cold War’s DMR, Diamattis, and MAC-10 have had a huge impact on Warzone. In response, some players are keen to see a mode that only makes use of the game’s original weapons.
Cold War and Warzone use different game engines, meaning that the guns don’t translate as well when they make the transition to a different game.
melon_b0y has alluded to this fact and is calling for Raven Software to accommodate frustrated CoD players.
He said, “Without the Cold War weapons, the game would flow a lot smoother and would bring back skill into gunfights, not just who shoots first. Not to mention that without the FFAR and AUG around to compete, the game mode would be more balanced.
I’m not saying completely remove Cold War weapons, but I think a mode without them would greatly improve the fun in Warzone and bring back some nostalgia as well.”
It’s an interesting concept that should definitely be considered. It certainly does feels like a lifetime ago that Warzone was only populated by Modern Warfare weapons and felt more balanced.
If this became a reality, you’d imagine that it would be supported by many players, and could result in players abandon the normal version of the game.
Image credits: Activision
Apex Legends devs tease Valkyrie videos on Instagram
Apex Legends developers have released some inconspicuous videos on Instagram teasing gameplay of the new Legend arriving in Legacy, Valkyrie.
How to Get Fortnite Batman Zero Point Comic and Rebirth Harley Quinn Skin
The first issue of the Fortnite Batman Zero Point comic is now available, and it includes a way for players...
Warzone player wins Gulag in clever way
One Warzone player has come up with a clever tactic to secure victories in the Gulag, while catching your enemies...