Week 9 of Fortnite Season 5 has officially arrived, with Epic Games dropping the brand-new v15.40 patch for the battle royale game on PC, Xbox Series X, PS5, and Nintendo Switch on Tuesday, February 2.
This week’s update marks the third time Epic Games have dropped a major update since the start of Season 5, a lower number than usual thanks to the holiday season. Thankfully, each update has had huge ramifications on the island, and the 15.30 patch is no different.
This year has been dominated by the bounty hunters who have invaded the island to maintain piece after the Zero Point incident, and they are the focus of this week’s update.
On top of that, there’s news on two new Exotic weapons, and plenty of bug fixes to improve the playing experience for anyone jumping out of the Battle Bus. Here’s everything you need to know about the Fortnite v15.30 patch.
Burst Quad Launcher & Chug Cannon Exotic Weapons
The biggest additions to the game in the 15.30 update are two new Exotic Weapons: The Burst Quad Launcher and the Chug Cannon.
Fortnite players will remember the Quad Launcher, which was able to fire four lobbed rockets in quick succession, making it an extremely useful tool to break down enemy structures. A new version of the explosive weapon has arrived, which will fire the rockets in a burst.
On top of that, players will also have a new healing item too in the Chug Cannon. This gun will work in a similar fashion to the Bandage Bazooka, but will give players a boost of both health and shields, rather than just HP like the Bazooka.
Mando’s Bounty LTM
The Mandalorian has been an ever-present part of Fortnite Season 5, featuring as one of the Battle Pass skins that players can unlock and use while searching for victories.
Now, Mando is set to get his own Limited-Time Mode, although what it will entail has yet to be confirmed. We’ll be sure to update this article with details as soon as they are available.
Fortnite 15.30 Bug Fixes
As always, Epic Games have been hard at work addressing glitches and bugs that have been affecting the game.
Thanks to the official Fortnite Trello board, we can see the full list of fixes shipped by Epic, affecting Battle Royale, Save the World, and Creative mode.
- Difficulty editing Banner with a controller.
- Long loading screen after completing a session on PlayStation/Xbox.
- The Child Back Bling blocking vision when players aim down sights.
- Jumpshot Outfit missing its facial hair.
- Sound effect audio delay.
- Matchmaking doesn’t start if an unreadied player leaves early.
- Receiving damage mid-air when falling inside a car.
- OG Bear vehicle temporarily booted.
- Zero Point healing effect temporarily disabled.
- Game freezing when going to the Compete tab on PlayStation/Xbox.
- Prop holograms become invisible in certain situations for Xbox Creators.
- “Devices” and “Prefabs” tabs swapped when viewing the Creative Inventory.
Save the World
- Locating a Durrr Burger not counting towards the “Locating: Burger Break!” Ventures quest.
- Eliminating Takers not counting towards the “Eliminate: They Came from the Mist” Ventures quest.
Mobile Top Issues
- Motion Axis setting stuck on “Roll” on Nintendo Switch.
- RT/LT Triggers on Xbox Elite controller on Android.
Image Credits: Epic Games
Best FIFA 23 Career Mode strikers: Highest OVR & top wonderkids
FIFA 23's best career mode strikers will provide plenty of goals, from the most promising young players to the highest...
How to get Rorke, Seraph, & other villain Operators in Vanguard & Warzone Season 5 Reloaded
Here's how you can get your hands on Rorke, Seraph, and other villain Operators in Vanguard and Warzone Pacific Season...
Overwatch 2 Sojourn guide: Abilities & how to play
Overwatch 2 brings a new DPS hero to the roster. For those interested, here are all of Sojourn's abilities and...