Fortnite’s 17.20 update is the latest patch in Season 7, dropping July 20 on PC, PS4 & PS5, Xbox One & Series X, and Nintendo Switch. The major update includes a new Bugha ICON Skin, new LTMs, and the highly sought-after Preferred Item Slots system.
Fortnite Season 7 is in full swing, and there is a variety of different content for players to enjoy, with a new battle pass that includes the likes of Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty to a ray gun and UFOs.
It’s been a few weeks since the last Fortnite patch, but it’s definitely been worth the wait for fans of the battle royale game. With a highly-anticipated setting change, a skin for the first Fortnite World Cup winner, and more, here’s everything you need to know about Fortnite’s 17.20 patch.
Fortnite 17.20 patch notes
Preferred Item Slots
Players have been asking for an automatic inventory system for a long time, and finally, Fortnite’s 17.20 update introduces the feature into the game.
- Read More: All Fortnite Alien Artifact locations
With the new Preferred Item Slots setting, players will be able to choose which slot in their inventory weapons will enter when they are picked up. For example, if you like to keep your assault rifles in slot one, you’ll be able to set this so that any time you pick one up, it will appear in that location. You can watch the system in action below.
New Vorian Scout NPC
Notable Fortnite leaker HYPEX discovered a mysterious new NPC called Vorian Scout while digging through the Fortnite game files.
This character will carry Epic Tactical Shotgun that you will be able to blow away your opponents, and their description states that they “may or may not come in peace.”
Bugha ICON Series Skin & LTMs
Fortnite World Cup winner Bugha finally receives his own ICON Series Skin Bundle, which will be made available for purchase from the Fortnite Item Shop.
To celebrate the release of the skin, there are also two new LTMs for players to enjoy: Bugha’s Late Game and Pickaxe Frenzy.
Fortnite 17.20 bug fixes
As always, Epic Games have been hard at work fixing the bugs and glitches that have been plaguing the game over recent weeks. There’s an extensive list of issues addressed in the Fortnite 17.20 update patch notes across battle royale, Save the World, and Creative.
- The button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller.
- We’re aware the button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller. We’re working on a fix for this issue.
- ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for accessing the Crafting menu is not working.
- The ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for the Crafting menu simply leads to the Inventory menu instead of the Crafting menu.
- Epic Chests may sometimes not provide any weapons in Arena.
- We’re aware that sometimes players may search an Epic Chest in Arena and receive no weapon. We’re investigating the issue.
- Unable to fish while inside certain vehicles.
- We’re aware of an issue preventing players from using a Fishing Rod while in the passenger seat of a Motorboat or in the pick-up bed of an OG Bear truck.
- Props drive vehicles erratically.
- Driving a vehicle while Disguised as a Prop causes the vehicle to drive erratically.
- Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team.
- If a player leaves the team during a match, the team will be unable to open up a Cosmic Chest in the match.
- “Bars” showing up as 0 in the Lobby upon opening the game.
- Upon opening the game, players’ Bar total will show up as 0 in the Lobby. This issue is visual only: players still have all of their Bars.
- Cosmic Chest timers may remain on screen if a Bounty is poached.
- Players may continue to see the Cosmic Chest timer at 0:00 if they have an active Bounty that is poached by an enemy player while they are opening the chest.
- Fire temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- To address a stability issue, fire has been temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island.
- We’re investigating an issue that is causing players to encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of the Island.
Save the World
- Saurian Vigor perk stops working after respawn
- The Saurian Vigor Perk (Restores Health every 5 seconds) would stop working after a player respawned.
- Xbox players being exited from party when returning to Lobby.
- Xbox players may be exited from their party when returning to the Lobby. (Please note that affected players are not blocked from reuniting with the party.)
- New items automatically equipped after being picked up.
- New items being picked up will be automatically equipped under some circumstances.
- Unable to perform Last Forever Emote.
- Players may be unable to perform the Last Forever Emote after selecting it.
- Difficulty scrolling through player list in Voice Chat tab on controller.
- Players on controller may have difficulty scrolling through the player list in the Voice Chat tab if the player list is long.
- Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to Fortnite Crew.
- Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to the Fortnite Crew due to any outstanding balances on the account. The UI may catch players in a loop and will need to be resolved via Xbox’s account management website.
Image Credits: Epic Games
Fortnite Season 3 Battle Pass leak reveals Darth Vader and Indiana Jones skins
A Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 leak appears to have revealed that Darth Vader and Indiana Jones skins will feature on the new Battle Pass.
Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 is almost here, and a major leak has allegedly revealed some of the new crossover skins fans can expect, including Star Wars’ Darth Vader and Indiana Jones.
With Season 2 nearing its conclusion, attention is beginning to turn to Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 and what’s in store. One of the most exciting parts of any new season is seeing which new crossovers Epic has up its sleeve, after Obi-Wan Kenobi and even Wu-Tang Clan in Season 2.
Each new era comes with a new Battle Pass stuffed with plenty of skins to unlock, and Chapter 3 Season 3’s appear to have leaked ahead of time.
If the leak is to be believed, some beloved characters from classic films are set to finally make their debut in Fortnite.
In a May 25 tweet, respected Fortnite leaker ShiinaBR shared an image that seemed to suggest that Darth Vader and Indiana Jones are set to headline Chapter 3 Season 3.
The Battle Pass section pictured the iconic Star Wars villain alongside an original Fortnite skin, likely indicating that Vader will be the Level 100 unlock in the new season.
Indiana Jones, featuring the likeness of actor Harrison Ford, is also depicted on the “Coming Soon” tile. This could hint that the legendary archaeologist is the new secret skin, much like Marvel’s Prowler in Season 2.
The image came from 4chan, but the leaker claimed the chances of it being a fake mock-up were “extremely low.”
Rumors of Darth Vader coming to Fortnite as a skin have been swirling for some time, as plenty of other Star Wars characters like Rey, Kylo Ren, and The Mandalorian have all joined the battle royale in the past.
- Read more: How to ignite structures in Fortnite
With the much-anticipated Obi-Wan series, which is set to see Hayden Christensen return as the disgraced Anakin Skywalker, releasing shortly before Season 3 gets underway, it wouldn’t be a surprise if Epic felt now was the right time.
Of course, this is all just speculation until the trailer for Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 drops and the Battle Pass is revealed.
Image credits: Epic Games / Disney
How to patch The Imagined into a Loudspeaker in Fortnite: Sanctuary locations & guide
Here’s how you can patch The Imagined into a Loudspeaker at Sanctuary in the Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Resistance Quest.
There is a new set of Resistance Quests available in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2, and here’s how you can complete the one that requires you to patch The Imagined into a Loudspeaker at Sanctuary.
There are brand-new Resistance Quests available for you to tackle, and this handy guide will go over how to complete the one that tasks you with patching The Imagined into a Loudspeaker in Sanctuary.
Fortnite Sanctuary Loudspeaker Locations
Sanctuary is located on the east side of the Fortnite map, and you’ll find 3 different Loudspeakers attached to poles when you arrive at this location. You’ll need to interact with just one of them for this Resistance Quest.
Here are all the Fortnite Sanctuary Loudspeaker locations:
- In front of the building where you’ll find The Foundation NPC
- By the road on the north side of this POI
- At the intersection next to the south side building
How to patch The Imagined into a Sanctuary Loudspeaker in Fortnite
You can head to any one of these three Loudspeakers after visiting the Sanctuary POI. You’ll have to override it so that The Imagined NPC can broadcast her message for everybody to hear.
- Read More: How to get the Obi-Wan skin in Fortnite
Here’s how you can patch The Imagined into the Loudspeaker:
- Head to Sanctuary on the Fortnite map
- Visit one of the three Loudspeaker locations
- Hold the interact button when the prompt to override the Loudspeaker appears
- Let go after you’ve fully overridden the Loudspeaker
Once this is done, you’ll hear The Imagined stating over the Loudspeaker that she stands by the Paradigm NPC in light of her loyalty being questioned. Completing this Quest will award you 23,000 XP.
For more Fortnite Quests check out how to cut power to Control Panels in Fortnite’s: Command Cavern as well as our guide on the Fortnite Rail Gun Recon Quests.
Image credits: Epic Games / Fortnite.GG
Will Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 have a live event finale?
Fortnite players are desperate for Chapter 3, Season 2 to end with a live event finale, so here’s everything we know so far.
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 is drawing to a close and one of the highlights of a new season is the live event. Here’s everything we know about whether Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 will end with a live event.
Fortnite has become known for its incredible crossovers and live events as much as its gameplay. These events feature unique playlists that have players join to watch the event together, and they’re usually used to usher in the next season or Chapter.
Players were disappointed when Chapter 3’s first season didn’t include one of these live events, so they’ll be keen to know whether Chapter 3, Season 2 will have a live event finale. Here’s everything we know about whether a live event will kick off Season 3.
- Will Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 have a live event finale?
- When is Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2’s live event finale?
Will Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 have a live event finale?
According to data miners following the v20.40 update, Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 will end with a live event.
- Read More: How to get the Obi-Wan skin in Fortnite
Data miners have discovered strings that appear to prove there will be a season-ending live event finale. Leaker FNBRintel has discovered a ton of strings for the event, which include an in-game countdown and a way for streamers to use DMCA-free music during it.
Another leaker, FortTory, has also said that there will be a pre-event lobby where “we can expect some animations and sequences” before the main event. However, they won’t say anything more for now.
New skins for Paradigm and Jonesy have also been found in the patch notes, and Shiina believes they’ll have a part to play in the live event finale. They also leaked that there will be “multiple cosmetics available for the event.”
When is Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2’s live event finale?
Fortnite’s live events usually take place on the last day of the season, and a report from ShiinaBR claims that the Chapter 3, Season 2 event will begin on June 4, 2022.
According to this leak, the event will take place for the entirety of June 4, and Chapter 3, Season 3 will officially go live the very next day. Shiina claims that they first heard these dates a few days prior to this leak.
Fortnite Intel claimed in a tweet that once the event concludes, there will be “an extended downtime,” with a “waiting screen similar to previous events.” Currently, it has not been confirmed exactly how long the downtime will last.
- Read more: How to get the Fortnite x PAC-MAN skins
It will most likely end in the early hours of June 5, as that’s the time Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 is expected to launch. However, these are currently just leaks, so be sure to take this information with a grain of salt.
For more Fortnite, be sure to check out how to complete the Fortnite Rail Gun Recon Quests.
Image Credit: Activision
Warzone expert proves buffed AR to make a comeback in Season 3 Reloaded
After completely falling out of the meta, a buff from the Warzone Season 3 Reloaded update could result in the...
Can you play Apex Legends Mobile with a controller?
Apex Legends Mobile has arrived on Android and iOS. Here's everything you need to know about the game's controller support.
Dr Disrespect claims “marketing is saving Call of Duty” in response to MW2
During a recent stream, Dr Disrespect vented his feelings towards the marketing behind Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty...