Fortnite’s 17.20 update is the latest patch in Season 7, dropping July 20 on PC, PS4 & PS5, Xbox One & Series X, and Nintendo Switch. The major update includes a new Bugha ICON Skin, new LTMs, and the highly sought-after Preferred Item Slots system.
Fortnite Season 7 is in full swing, and there is a variety of different content for players to enjoy, with a new battle pass that includes the likes of Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty to a ray gun and UFOs.
It’s been a few weeks since the last Fortnite patch, but it’s definitely been worth the wait for fans of the battle royale game. With a highly-anticipated setting change, a skin for the first Fortnite World Cup winner, and more, here’s everything you need to know about Fortnite’s 17.20 patch.
Fortnite 17.20 patch notes
Preferred Item Slots
Players have been asking for an automatic inventory system for a long time, and finally, Fortnite’s 17.20 update introduces the feature into the game.
- Read More: All Fortnite Alien Artifact locations
With the new Preferred Item Slots setting, players will be able to choose which slot in their inventory weapons will enter when they are picked up. For example, if you like to keep your assault rifles in slot one, you’ll be able to set this so that any time you pick one up, it will appear in that location. You can watch the system in action below.
New Vorian Scout NPC
Notable Fortnite leaker HYPEX discovered a mysterious new NPC called Vorian Scout while digging through the Fortnite game files.
This character will carry Epic Tactical Shotgun that you will be able to blow away your opponents, and their description states that they “may or may not come in peace.”
Bugha ICON Series Skin & LTMs
Fortnite World Cup winner Bugha finally receives his own ICON Series Skin Bundle, which will be made available for purchase from the Fortnite Item Shop.
To celebrate the release of the skin, there are also two new LTMs for players to enjoy: Bugha’s Late Game and Pickaxe Frenzy.
Fortnite 17.20 bug fixes
As always, Epic Games have been hard at work fixing the bugs and glitches that have been plaguing the game over recent weeks. There’s an extensive list of issues addressed in the Fortnite 17.20 update patch notes across battle royale, Save the World, and Creative.
- The button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller.
- We’re aware the button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller. We’re working on a fix for this issue.
- ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for accessing the Crafting menu is not working.
- The ‘Hold Inventory button’ shortcut for the Crafting menu simply leads to the Inventory menu instead of the Crafting menu.
- Epic Chests may sometimes not provide any weapons in Arena.
- We’re aware that sometimes players may search an Epic Chest in Arena and receive no weapon. We’re investigating the issue.
- Unable to fish while inside certain vehicles.
- We’re aware of an issue preventing players from using a Fishing Rod while in the passenger seat of a Motorboat or in the pick-up bed of an OG Bear truck.
- Props drive vehicles erratically.
- Driving a vehicle while Disguised as a Prop causes the vehicle to drive erratically.
- Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team.
- If a player leaves the team during a match, the team will be unable to open up a Cosmic Chest in the match.
- “Bars” showing up as 0 in the Lobby upon opening the game.
- Upon opening the game, players’ Bar total will show up as 0 in the Lobby. This issue is visual only: players still have all of their Bars.
- Cosmic Chest timers may remain on screen if a Bounty is poached.
- Players may continue to see the Cosmic Chest timer at 0:00 if they have an active Bounty that is poached by an enemy player while they are opening the chest.
- Fire temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- To address a stability issue, fire has been temporarily disabled in Battle Lab.
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island.
- We’re investigating an issue that is causing players to encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of the Island.
Save the World
- Saurian Vigor perk stops working after respawn
- The Saurian Vigor Perk (Restores Health every 5 seconds) would stop working after a player respawned.
- Xbox players being exited from party when returning to Lobby.
- Xbox players may be exited from their party when returning to the Lobby. (Please note that affected players are not blocked from reuniting with the party.)
- New items automatically equipped after being picked up.
- New items being picked up will be automatically equipped under some circumstances.
- Unable to perform Last Forever Emote.
- Players may be unable to perform the Last Forever Emote after selecting it.
- Difficulty scrolling through player list in Voice Chat tab on controller.
- Players on controller may have difficulty scrolling through the player list in the Voice Chat tab if the player list is long.
- Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to Fortnite Crew.
- Xbox players may be unable to re-subscribe to the Fortnite Crew due to any outstanding balances on the account. The UI may catch players in a loop and will need to be resolved via Xbox’s account management website.
Image Credits: Epic Games
How to defeat Riot for Fortnite Season 7 Week 7 Quest
Here’s how you can quickly complete the Fortnite Week 7 Epic Quest to find and defeat the NPC Riot which will grant you some exciting rewards.
There are brand-new challenges to complete in Week 7 of Fortnite Season 7, and one of the Epic Quests requires you to defeat the NPC Riot. Here’s how you can find him and get this done.
One Epic Quest has you search for a Fortnite NPC Riot and then defeat him in battle. This character will put up a fight, so this guide will provide his location along with some tips for defeating him.
Where to find Riot in Fortnite Season 7
There are various NPCs scattered across Fortnite Island, and each one serves a different purpose, such as selling weapons or protecting the player. Riot will fire at you on sight, so be ready for a battle.
You can find this NPC on the west side of the Yellow Steel Bridge between Misty Meadow and Catty Corner. Make sure you collect some solid weapons and gear before going to battle against Fortnite Riot, as he will be hostile.
We’ve marked this location on the map below.
Simply take cover as much as possible by building structures or using your surroundings. Once he stops firing at you, you can take your opportunity to shoot him down. Luckily, he isn’t too difficult to bring down.
We recommend keeping a few shield potions on you just in case since the aim of Fortnite Riot is deadly. Once he’s down, you’ll be able to loot him for gear, and the game will reward you with 30,000 XP, so it is definitely worth it to take the time to find Fortnite Riot and defeat the NPC.
For more Fortnite, check out how to complete all the Ferrari challenges in Fortnite and how to mark an Alien Egg for one of the Season 7, Week 7 quests.
Image credits: Epic Games
How to mark an Alien Egg in Fortnite Season 7, Week 7 Quest
Here’s how you can complete the Fortnite Season 7 Week 7 Legendary Quest that requires you to mark an Alien Egg.
There are brand-new Quests to complete in Week 7 of Fortnite Season 7, and here’s how you can complete the Legendary challenge that requires you to mark an Alien Egg.
Week 7 of Fortnite Season 7 is here, and there are brand-new weekly challenges for you to complete so that you can earn XP and Battle Stars. These include tasks like stoking campfires and constructing Wooden Hatcheries.
One of this week’s Legendary Quests tasks you with finding and marking an Alien Egg. These aren’t found all over the map, so this guide will help you out by letting you know where to look.
Alien Egg locations in Fortnite Season 7
After the Alien invasion arrived, many changes came to Fortnite Island. Holly Hedges has been changed to Holly Hatchery, and it’s the area that you’ll need to visit for this Legendary Quest.
This location has changed into a farm for Alien Eggs in Season 7, and there’s a low gravity biome in the area. Head over there, and look for little green orbs that are sprouting out of the ground.
You can also check the southwest portion of the purple crater in the center of the map.
You only need to mark one Alien Egg so make your way to either one of these locations. After you come across one, you can mark it by pinging its location on your map. So use the mouse scroll, or the left D-pad button.
Once that’s done, you’ll earn a total of 30,000 XP. You can also complete the rest of the weekly challenges to earn some extra XP and Battle Stars.
Also, check out how to complete all the Ferrari challenges in Fortnite.
Image credits: Epic Games
All NPC locations in Fortnite Season 7
Here are the locations for each of Fortnite Season 7’s NPCs who you can duel, hire, and pay to turn you into a prop.
Fortnite Season 7 features various wacky NPCs you can visit around the island, so here are all of the Fortnite NPC locations for whenever you might need to find these individuals.
Along with the beginning of Fortnite Season 7 came map changes and the introduction of some new NPCs such as Guggimon and Rick and Morty’s Rick Sanchez. By spending Gold Bars, these NPCs can be hired to fight for you, duel you for some great loot, or turn you into a prop.
To complete your collection of every character, you need to find all 19 scattered around the Fortnite map. This can be tricky as Fortnite doesn’t tell you where they’re located, but we have the location of every NPC to help you out.
Here’s every Fortnite Season 7 NPCs and their location on the updated map.
All Fortnite Season 7 NPC locations
Thanks to the website Fortnite.GG, we’ve got the location of every NPC discovered in Fortnite Season 7 so far. Fortnite.GG has also marked each character to tell you if they’re hireable, can be dueled, or will turn you into a Prop for the right price.
Here are the detailed locations of each Fortnite Season 7 NPC:
- Abstract: North-east side of Retail Row
- Guggimon: By the lighthouse on the north-west side of the island
- Sunny: On the boardwalk in Believer Beach
- Bunker Jonesy: On the south coast, south-west of Misty Meadows
- Bushranger: North-side of the Zero Point remains at the center of the island
- Dreamflower: North-east of Holly Hedges
- Joey: West-side of Dirty Docks
- Hayseed: Steel Farm to the north-east of Corny Complex
- Marigold: South-east side of Lazy Lake
- Maven: IO base between Craggy Cliffs and Steamy Stacks
- Rick Sanchez: IO Base east of Weeping Woods
- Riot: Bridge west of Misty Meadows
- Rook: IO Base south-west of Dirty Docks
- Special Forces: Bunker door south-east of Lazy Lake
- Swamp Stalker: Coast south of Slurpy Swamp
- Doctor Slone: Corny Complex
- Kymera: Several locations around Coral Castle
- Zig and Choppy: South-West corner of the Zero Point remains
- Human Bill: North-east bulding of Steamy Stacks
Like the Mending Machines, bear in mind that not every one of these NPCs is guaranteed to spawn in every match of Fortnite, so you may arrive and not find them there. Also, NPCs are known to move around, so we’ll update you if they are found in any more locations.
More NPCs are expected to be added over the course of the season, so we’ll update this article with any new character and their location.
As Fortnite Season 7 progresses, you’ll probably be tasked with finding several of these NPCs to complete the weekly challenges on offer. So it’s well worth studying up and learning their locations to give you the edge in completing these.
Image Credit: Epic Games / Fortnite.GG
Best FARA 83 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 4
Warzone Season 4 made big changes to the FARA 83 Assault Rifle, so take advantage by making and dominating with...
Warzone player encounters hilarious Sentry Turret glitch
After coming up with a high IQ play, one Warzone player was severely punished for their clever use of a...
Best Streetsweeper Shotgun Loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 4
The streetsweeper is an insanely powerful shotgun in Warzone Season 4 Reloaded, so here is the best loadout for this...