It’s just a week since the game’s last major patch, but Fortnite’s 17.21 update is set to bring the Plasma Cannon weapon, Rift Zones, and Ariana Grande concert to PC, Xbox Series X, PS5, and Nintendo Switch.
Fortnite’s 17.20 patch introduced the long-awaited Preferred Item Slots system, but it proved to be a slightly underwhelming patch for many fans of the battle royale. That shouldn’t be the case this week though, as things look set to shake up in quite a dramatic way.
This week’s patch finally introduces the Plasma Cannon for players to use, along with Rift Zones, and an Ariana Grande concert & ICON Series skin. Here’s everything you need to know about the July 27 update.
Plasma Cannon weapon
The headline addition in the Fortnite 17.21 update is the introduction of the Plasma Cannon. Found in both IO and normal Chests, the Plasma Cannon fires an “electrical dome” that should an enemy get caught in, “will take heavy damage and be impulsed back.”
Players can also craft the weapon for themselves by combining a Legendary Pistol with Alien Nanite.
Rift Zones return
Epic Games are reintroducing Rift Zones with the Fortnite 17.21 update, complete with a fresh twist to differentiate them from previous versions.
This season, they will be created by the Mothership which floats above the island, and will include things like low gravity, ice slides, and Rifts to change things up.
They are set to appear over the next few weeks, but we’re not sure which one will be the first Rift Zone just yet.
Ariana Grande concert & skin
Leaked following the 17.20 update, it appears that Ariana Grande is heading to the game in the near future, and could be added to the files with the July 27 update.
According to leaks, Grande will not only have her own skin, but will also follow in the footsteps of Travis Scott and Marshmello by hosting her own concert. Details haven’t been confirmed just yet, but keep an eye out for possible in-game hints.
While there aren’t many bug fixes this week, Epic Games have confirmed that they have fixed an issue with the Inflate-A-Bull that was turning players invisible and will re-enable the item in competitive playlists.
Image Credits: Epic Games / Melissa Rose via Wikimedia Commons
Fortnite Lord of the Rings easter egg teases Tolkien crossover coming soon
Fortnite players have discovered a major Lord of the Rings easter egg on the map, teasing a crossover is coming soon.
Fortnite players have discovered a familiar Lord of the Rings landmark in the Season 3 island, teasing the leaked crossover is coming soon.
It’s been a big week for The Lord of the Rings in the gaming space. Not only is Weta Workshop teaming up with Take-Two to develop a new game set in Tolkien’s Middle-earth, but Swedish company Embracer Group are acquiring the rights to everything Lord of the Rings.
Fortnite content creator ‘Koooooomar’ discovered that the rock-child is building a replica of Helm’s Deep from the Lord of the Rings. This was the ancient fortress the people of Rohan retreated to in The Two Towers for the movie’s major battle. You can find the sculpture southeast of Condo Canyon on the shore.
There’s almost no denying this sculpture is based on Helm’s Deep, with the ramp leading up to the keep on the right-hand side and the Deeping Wall stretching across the makeshift valley. It even has a gap in the wall and scorch marks where the Uruk-Hai blew through it in the movie and trash makes up the advancing forces.
Leakers are convinced a Doomslayer skin will be coming soon thanks to it being free on the Epic Game store, but the same leak claims a Lord of the Rings crossover is also in the works.
With Amazon’s Lord of the Rings show releasing in September, this could be the perfect time to tie the bundles in with The Rings of Power. We could even see Sauron, Gandalf, or Galadriel in the Season 4 Battle Pass which goes live in late September, but that’s just hopeful speculation.
Image Credit: Epic Games / Warner Bros.
Fortnite leaks claim new Doom Slayer skin could arrive soon
According to a new Fortnite leak, Epic Games might be planning to bring Doom Slayer as a brand-new cosmetic skin.
A brand-new crossover might be arriving in Fortnite as leakers are claiming that Epic Games are planning to add a Doom Slayer skin to the battle royale title.
Fortnite has also featured crossovers with other video game franchises such as Street Fighter, and new leaks claim that the battle royale title has entered into a collaboration with the Doom franchise.
Doom is a popular first-person shooter franchise that centers around a marine known as Slayer and his epic quest to battle an invasion of demons from hell. This character has also been given the name ‘Doomguy’ by fans of the series.
On August 19, prominent leaker ‘HYPEX’ tweeted that Epic Games are currently planning to introduce a Doom Slayer cosmetic outfit to Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 as part of a brand-new crossover.
This information reportedly came from another leaker ‘MidaRado,’ and while the exact release date of this brand-new Fortnite skin wasn’t revealed, HYPEX claims that it is “most likely coming next week.”
HYPEX added that Doom 64 is currently available for free on the Epic Games store until August 25 and Fall Guys also has Doom-themed skins. So, it wouldn’t be surprising if Epic Games also added Doom Slayer to Fortnite.
That said, it’s worth keeping in mind that these are currently just leaks, and this information has yet to be officially confirmed by Epic Games. So, we won’t know for sure if this is accurate until next week.
For more Fortnite content, check out our guide on all the Dragon Ball Vending Machine locations on the map as well as how to complete all the Weekly Quests.
Image Credit: Epic Games / id Software
How to complete Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 weekly Quests: Week 11 challenge guide
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, brings new Quests every week, so here’s how to complete each week’s set of challenges.
A new Fortnite Season means new Weekly Quests to complete, so here’s how to complete all of Week 11’s challenges in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, as well as all of the Quests you might have missed but can still complete.
Season 3 of Fortnite Chapter 3 brought Darth Vader, Indiana Jones, and plenty of new mechanics to the battle royale, and Epic Games didn’t stop there, as Weekly Quests are added to help you finish the Battle Pass and unlock the Super Styles.
Epic Games have done away with Punchcards, so you simply need to complete the challenges found in Season 3’s Quests screen. You’ll get 15,000 XP for each one you complete, so it’s well worth your time.
Here’s how to complete the Week 11 Quests, and when you can expect Week 12’s to go live.
How to complete Fortnite Season 3, Week 11 Quests
The eleventh batch of Fortnite Chapter 3’s Season 3 Weekly Quests are kept extremely simple, but challenge players to use the Dragon Ball crossover’s brand-new Kamehameha.
Here are all of the Week 11 Quests in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3:
- Damage a player with a DMR at greater than 75 meters away (1) – 15,000 XP
- Damage opponent vehicles with the Charge SMG (500) – 15,000 XP
- Eliminate an opponent with the Junk Rift (1) – 15,000 XP
- Eliminate opponents with the Kamehameha (3) – 15,000 XP
- Emote at the Reality Tree (1) – 15,000 XP
- Land 3 times in a single match (3) – 15,000 XP
- Open Supply Drops (2) – 15,000 XP
The latest set of Fortnite challenges are extremely simple if you set out to complete them. But, you can check out our guide on how to get the Kamehameha, and all of the Vending machine locations where you can buy one.
The next set of Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 Quests will arrive on Thursday, August 25 at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET / 2 PM BST, so stay tuned for Week 12.
All Fortnite Weekly Quests
Fortnite Week 10 Quests
- Damage 10 different objects with one spray of the Charge SMG (1)
- Damage an opponent with a DMR without aiming down sight (100)
- Damage opponents within 10 seconds of dashing with a Zero Point Fish (100)
- Travel in a Baller while on water (500)
- Eliminate a player with the first shot from the Prime Shotgun (1)
- Drop the Hammer Assault Rifle (1)
- Bounce on a Crash Pad, a Bouncy Slurpshroom, and Off-Road Tires in a single match (1)
Fortnite Week 9 Quests
- Bounce on 3 separate crash pads before landing (1)
- Collect seeds from Reality Seed Pods before they stop bouncing (3)
- Deal damage to opponents while riding a Wolf or Boar (500)
- Gain shield while emoting (1)
- Hold a Charge SMG at max charge for 3 seconds, then damage an opponent (1)
- Open Chests at Tilted Towers in a single match (3)
- Plant or Summon a reality sapling 30 or more meters away from yourself (1)
Fortnite Week 8 Quests
- Destroy 5 Structures with a Single Shot of the Ripsaw Launcher (1)
- Make Opponents Dance with Boogie Bombs (3)
- Throw a Fish Into Water (1)
- Damage an Opponent with a Weapon Obtained from Fishing (1)
- Deal Explosive Damage While Looking Away (1)
- Find the Coolest Player on the Island (1)
- Damage an Opponent with a Vehicle Within 5 Seconds of Honking (1)
Fortnite Week 7 Quests
- Keep the first weapon you collect in your inventory until you reach the top 20 players (3)
- Dead damage to airborne opponents (1)
- Destroy structures with a Baller (20)
- Throw different Consumable Pickups in a single match (3)
- Perform an aerial 360 spin while dismounting a Wolf or Boar
- Stop the music at the Rave Cave (3)
- Crack opponents’ shields (3)
- Deal damage with a Shotgun (150)
Fortnite Week 6 Quests
- Break open Reality Seed pods (3)
- Land headshots from 40 or more meters with the Hammer Rifle (5)
- Purchase an Exotic weapon from a character (1)
- Use a Baller, a zipline, and a geyser in a single match (3)
- Use the Grapple Glove to catch a zipline while airborne (1)
- Pick a Legendary or Mythic fruit from a Reality Sapling (1)
- Deal damage to opponents with Rare or better Assault Rifles (1000)
Fortnite Week 5 Quests
- Collect a Port-A-Fort and a Ripsaw Launcher in a single match (2)
- Collect floating rings near Reality Falls (5)
- Deal Damage to opponents within 10 meters with the Charge SMG (500)
- Deal DMR damage to opponents from above (500)
- Deploy a Port-A-Fort and deal damage to opponents within 30 seconds (50)
- Destroy giant mushrooms with the Ripsaw launcher (8)
- Visit Reality Falls, Tilted Towers, and Shuffled Shrines (3)
Fortnite Week 4 Quests
- Damage opponents while in a vehicle (250)
- Destroy structures with an E-11 Blaster Rifle (15)
- Knock down Timer Pines with a Ripsaw Launcher (5)
- Mantle onto a ledge within 3 seconds of sliding (3)
- Plant a Reality Seed at Sunflower’s Saplings or Fungi Farm (1)
- Search chests or ammo boxes at crashed IO Airships (2)
- Travel 500 meters in the Slipstream around Rave Cave (500)
Fortnite Week 3 Quests
- Impulse an enemy player with a Shockwave Grenade (1)
- Dislodge or destroy Runaway Boulders with a melee weapon (3)
- Damage opponents within 30 seconds of getting out of the water (75)
- Reach max shields at a temple (1)
- Jump off a diving board (3)
- Headbutt an opponent while riding a Boar (1)
- Get 3 seconds of air time in a land vehicle (1)
Fortnite Week 2 Quests
- Boost into a Runaway Boulder and dislodge it with a Baller (1)
- Eliminate enemy players with ranged weapons of Epic rarity or better (2)
- Enter the wind tunnel in a Baller at the Screwballer (1)
- Headshot opponents with the Two-Shot Shotgun (5)
- Launch into the air using Geysers (3)
- Pick Weeds around Reality Saplings (5)
- Swing 50 meters or more with the Grapple Glove without touching the ground (10)
Fortnite Week 1 Quests
- Collect Reality Seeds (3)
- Damage opponents with a DMR (200)
- Dance at different crashed IO Airships (3)
- Gain shields by bouncing on Slurp Bouncer mushrooms (10)
- Mod a Whiplash with Off-Road tires and a Cow Catcher, then destroy Structures (50)
- Search chests at Condo Canyon or Tilted Towers (5)
- Visit the Zero Point in a motorboat (1)
Fortnite Zero Week Quests
- Interact with Sunbird or Moon Hawk and Rustler in a single match (2)
- Jump on a Wolf or Bear’s back in 2 different matches (2)
- Plant or Summon 3 Reality Saplings using Reality Seeds (3)
- Survive 10 Storm Phases (10)
- Travel 2000 meters in a Baller (2000)
- Visit Groovy Grove, Reality Falls, and Rave Cave (3)
Image Credit: Epic Games
Vanguard Zombies players furious The Archon is just “green Terra Maledicta”
Fans of Vanguard's Zombies mode are furious with Season 5's content, claiming The Archon to be a green-tinted remaster of...
Fortnite Lord of the Rings easter egg teases Tolkien crossover coming soon
Fortnite players have discovered a major Lord of the Rings easter egg on the map, teasing a crossover is coming...
Warzone Season 5 Gulag inspired by fan-favorite Showers map
A brand-new Gulag is coming to Warzone in the Season 5 update, which is seemingly familiar to the classic Showers...