As Fortnite Season 8 draws to a close, the 18.40 update sees the highly-anticipated Naruto crossover, brings back B.R.U.T.E.S., Shopping Carts, and another Cube Town evolution. Here’s everything you need to know about Fortnite’s 18.40 update.
After another season full of exciting crossovers and new weapons, Season 9 is set to arrive on December 6. But Epic Games aren’t finished adding content to Season 8 yet, with the 18.40 patch notes finally bringing the Naruto crossover and more.
Here’s everything included in Fortnite Season 8’s 18.40 update patch notes, including Naruto, Mechs, and more.
- Naruto x Fortnite crossover
- B.R.U.T.E Mech returns
- Cube Town Pyramid
- Shopping Cart unvaulted
- Fortnite 18.40 major bug fixes
Naruto x Fortnite crossover: Skins, Kunai weapon, more
It’s been leaked since Season 7 that Fortnite would crossover with popular anime show Naruto: Shippuden, and it’s finally arrived with the 18.40 update.
Naruto and the rest of Team 7 (Sasuke Uchiha, Sakura Haruno, and Kakashi Hatake) have arrived on the island as purchasable skins for the official Fortnite x Naruto crossover.
The store is chock-full of Naruto cosmetics to purchase, and you can even get your hands on the Paper Bomb Kunai weapon. You’ll be able to find it in Chests and Loot Llamas or purchase it from Kakashi Hatake with Gold Bars.
Fortnite’s Creative Hub has been given a Naruto overhaul too, becoming Hidden Leaf Village! You can explore iconic locations from the show such as Hokage Residences, and Ichiraku, but you’ll need to visit Naruto himself to see the Hidden Leaf Village Adventure Map.
There will also be Naruto-themed challenges to complete, which will unlock new areas such as the Final Valley and the Chunin Exam arena.
B.R.U.T.E. Mech returns in Fortnite 18.40
Anyone who played Fortnite during Chapter 1 will remember the B.R.U.T.E.S. – massive player-controlled mechs that dominated Season X. The B.R.U.T.E.S. have now returned in Chapter 2, Season 8, but without the unstoppable power.
The Mech is now called Salvaged B.R.U.T.E., which has a “stripped down armor hull with no overshield, making it easier for clever opponents to counter and dismantle.” But, Epic Games revealed that it “comes battle-ready with combat effectiveness tailored for taking on wave after wave of Cube Monsters.”
To get a B.R.U.TE., you’ll need to spend Gold Bars at Salvaged B.R.U.T.E. Stations. Epic said you’ll need to spend “lots of Bars” to fund them, and once they’re fully funded, “they’ll drop in Salvaged B.R.U.T.E.s available to Loopers in their matches.”
Cube Town Pyramid
Popular data miner HYPEX leaked that the Convergence, or Cube Town, would turn into a Pyramid – and it’s finally happened in the 18.40 update.
Four columns converged to form a pyramid shape over Cube Town, with the Cube Queen hovering over the tip. It’s not a true pyramid, but Cube Town will likely keep evolving as we draw to the end of the season, which some believe will mark the end of Chapter 2.
Shopping Cart unvaulted
A classic item from Fortnite Chapter 1 has been unvaulted in Season 8 – the Shopping Cart.
The Shopping Cart was Fortnite’s first ‘vehicle,’ where one player would push, and the other player could hop inside to use weapons and items. Plus, you could pick up some great speed if you manage to find a steep hill. These can now be found all over the Season 8 map.
Fortnite 18.40 major bug fixes
- Grapplers have returned to Team Rumble and Battle Lab.
- Collection book entries can now be viewed when using Performance Mode.
- Cars will no longer vanish or move when entering or exiting.
Image Credit: Epic Games
How to get Obi-Wan Kenobi Fortnite skin: Release date, bundle & Star Wars cosmetics
Legendary Star Wars character Obi-Wan Kenobi is on the way to Fortnite, so here’s when he arrives, how to get his skin, and what’s included.
Ewan McGregor returns as the titular Jedi in Disney+’s Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Fortnite celebrates the show’s premiere by adding Obi-Wan as a playable character. Here’s when Obi-Wan arrives in Fortnite, as well as how to get his bundle and what it includes.
The Star Wars franchise has seen a massive revival since being taken over by Disney, with the Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett hitting both Disney+ and Fortnite. Thanks to the latest collaboration, players can take the high ground as Obi-Wan Kenobi as part of a crossover with the upcoming show.
As part of the Star Wars Day celebration, Fortnite teased that the heroic Jedi will feature in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 in some capacity. Obi-Wan’s skin has now been confirmed so here’s when it arrives, how to get it, and everything the bundle includes.
- How to get Obi-Wan Kenobi bundle in Fortnite
- When does Obi-Wan Kenobi arrive in Fortnite?
- What’s included in Obi-Wan Kenobi Fortnite bundle?
How to get Obi-Wan Kenobi bundle in Fortnite
The Obi-Wan Kenobi outfit can be purchased in Fortnite’s Item Shop, but players can also get their hands on it by being a top-performing player in the Obi-Wan Kenobi Cup.
- Read more: How to ignite structures in Fortnite
The Obi-Wan Kenobi Cup is a duos tournament taking place on Sunday, May 22, which also unvaults Lightsabers and the E-11 Blaster Rifle. The top-performing duos in each region will earn Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Desert Essentials Back Bling Early.
When does Obi-Wan Kenobi arrive in Fortnite?
Obi-Wan Kenobi hits Fortnite’s Item Shop on Thursday, May 26, at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET / 1 AM BST (May 27) — the night before the show arrives on Disney+.
- Read more: How to complete Fortnite Weekly Quests
They didn’t confirm when Obi-Wan will leave the Item Shop, so we recommend picking him up as soon as possible.
What’s included in Obi-Wan Kenobi Fortnite bundle?
Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Fortnite bundle comes with a skin based on his look from the Disney+ show, a Backbling, Pickaxe, Glider, Emote, and Loading Screen.
Here’s everything included in the Obi-Wan Kenobi bundle:
- Obi-Wan Kenobi Outfit
- Desert Essentials Back Bling (included with the Outfit)
- Obi-Wan’s Blade Pickaxe
- Jedi Interceptor Glider
- Obi-Wan’s Message Emote
- Kenobi, Surrounded Loading Screen
All of these items, except for the Loading Screen, can be purchased separately from the Item Shop.
For more Fortnite, be sure to check out the recent leaks surrounding Chapter 3, Season 2 ending with a live event.
Image Credit: Epic Games
How to ignite structures in Fortnite
Here’s how you can complete the Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Volcanic Assassin Pack Quest to ignite structures.
The Fortnite 20.40 update brought new Volcanic Assassin Pack Quests to the battle royale, and here’s how you can quickly complete the challenge that requires you to ignite structures.
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2’s 20.40 update patch added brand-new content to the popular battle royale title, including Ali-A’s Icon Series and the Volcanic Assassin Pack which features new cosmetics.
The Volcanic Assassin Pack also brought some brand-new Quests for you to tackle, and one of these tasks you with igniting structures on the Fortnite map. We’ll go over how you can quickly get this done.
How to ignite structures in Fortnite
To ignite structures for this Fortnite Volcanic Assassin Pack Quest, you’ll need to use a Firefly Jar, and this will automatically be added to your inventory after you collect Fireflies near campfires, trees, and rivers across the map.
Here’s how you can complete this Fortnite Quest:
- Go look for Fireflies near campfires, trees, and rivers
- Interact with the Fireflies to collect them
- Find nearby structures
- Throw the Firefly Jars at buildings and other structures
You’ll need to ignite 100 structures in order to complete this Volcanic Assassin Pack Quest, so we recommend collecting six Firefly Jars to ensure that you have enough fire to get this done in a single match.
Completing all the Volcanic Assassin Quests will award you brand-new cosmetic items, including the Tectonic Komplex Outfit, Fiery Jam Back Bling, Sulfuric Street Shine PIckaxe, and Fiery Flow Wrap.
For more Fortnite content, check out how to complete the Fortnite Supply Llama Challenge as well as all the Fortnite Upgrade Bench locations.
Image credits: Epic Games
How to complete Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Quests: Week 9 challenge guide
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2, brings new Quests every week, so here’s how to complete each week’s set of challenges.
A new Fortnite Season means new Weekly Quests to complete, so here’s how to complete all of Week 9’s challenges in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2, as well as all of the Quests you might have missed but can still complete.
Season 2 of Fortnite Chapter 3 brought Doctor Strange, the Prowler, and plenty of new mechanics to the battle royale, and Epic Games didn’t stop there. New items are being added almost every week and there are also Weekly Seasonal Quests to help you finish the Battle Pass and unlock the Super Styles.
Epic Games have done away with Punchcards, so you simply need to complete the challenges found in Season 2’s Quests screen. You’ll get 20k XP for each one you complete, so it’s well worth your time. Here’s how to complete the Week 9 Quests, and when you can expect Week 10’s to go live.
How to complete Fortnite Season 2, Week 9 Quests
The eighth batch of Fortnite Chapter 3’s Season 2 Quests is centered around using the new additions such as Battle Busses, Choppas, and the Ranger Shotgun.
Here are all of the Week 9 Quests in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2:
- Call in an Air Strike at The Collider or The Fortress (1) – 20,000 XP
- Drive a Battle Bus or Fly a Choppa to Command Cavern (1) – 20,000 XP
- Emote at Different IO Airship Crash Sites (2) – 20,000 XP
- Hit an Enemy Player with a Ranger Shotgun from over 50 Meters (1) – 20,000 XP
- Repair a Vehicle at Synapse Station or at Chonker’s Speedway (200) – 20,000 XP
- Shoot Out Tires on IO Vehicles (3) – 20,000 XP
- Use an Ascender and Deal Damage to Opponents Within 30 Seconds (100) – 20,000 XP
You shouldn’t have too much difficulty completing Fortnite’s Week 9 Quests as long as you set out to complete them.
You can check out our guide on how to drive a Battle Bus if you’re looking to drive one to Command Cavern. Also, Choppas are new to Chapter 3, Season 2, and can be found at the Seven Outposts near the coast. Simply land at one of these Seven Outposts then fly the Choppa to Command Cavern to complete the Quest.
Plus, you can also check out where to find an Ascender if you’re looking to complete the final challenge.
The next set of Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 2 Quests will arrive on Thursday, May 26 at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET / 2 PM BST, so stay tuned for Week 10.
All Fortnite Weekly Quests
Fortnite Week 8 Seasonal Quests
- Deal damage to opponents from 10 meters or less with the Drum Shotgun (150)
- Travel 1000 meters in the Choppa (1000)
- Plant Saplings at Bomb Crater Clusters (3)
- Detonate Remote Explosives while sliding (2)
- Call in Air Strike on a tank (1)
- Refuel a Repair Torch at a Gas Pump (2)
- Deal damage to enemies with the Combat SMG (500)
- Open Cash Registers (3)
- Get an elimination with a Pistol, SMG or Shotgun (1)
Fortnite Week 7 Seasonal Quests
- Destroy a Turret using Remote Explosives (1)
- Visit different named locations in a single match (5)
- Disable a tank by damaging the engine (1)
- Recover stolen Sevens supplies at IO locations (3)
- Destroy structures with the Cow Catcher (200)
- Deal headshot damage with the Striker Burst Rifle (200)
- Damage opponents with the Repair Torch (5)
- Complete a bounty from a bounty board (1)
- Fuel a vehicle with gas (50)
Fortnite Week 6 Seasonal Quests
- Deal 100 damage or more to an opponent with one bullet (100)
- Mantle 5 times in 5 seconds (5)
- Hit an opponent’s tank with a pistol, while crouched (200)
- Get air time in a tank (3)
- Throw a cabbage 100 or more meters in one toss (1)
- Deal damage to opponents while you are falling (150)
- With a Striker Burst Rifle, hit an opponent 4 times in a row without unscoping (1)
- Deal damage to opponents from 30 or more meters with an assault rifle (150)
- Destroy structures with fire (100)
Fortnite Week 5 Seasonal Quests
- Damage an opponent within 10 seconds of mantling (1)
- Damage opponent vehicles with the Heavy Sniper (600)
- Fall 10 stories or more without taking damage (1)
- Gain shield from Small Shield Potions in one match (75)
- Headshot IO forces with a sniper at Command Cavern or a battle location (3)
- Heal The Seven with Med Mist at a battle location (1)
- Hit an opponent twice using the Ranger Shotgun, without receiving damage (1)
Fortnite Week 4 Seasonal Quests
- Travel in the air with a Jetpack (100)
- Thank the bus driver and then finish top 25 (1)
- Visit Gas Stations in a Battle Bus (3)
- Get seconds of airtime after being hit by a Shockwave Grenade (3)
- Eliminate IO forces within a single match (3)
- Catch or collect a Thermal Fish (1)
- Accept a bounty from a bounty board within 30 seconds of landing (1)
- Deal damage to opponents with a harvesting tool (75)
- Search ammo boxes at Shifty Shafts or Camp Cuddle (3)
Fortnite Week 3 Seasonal Quests
- Damage opponents from 30 or more meters with the Revolver (100)
- Deal damage to Opponents at Synapse Station or The Daily Bugle (75)
- Emote within 10m of a Character
- Gain shields by consuming foragables (50)
- Mod a vehicle with the Cow Catcher (1)
- Search chests and ammo boxes at IO Outposts (3)
- Use an Ascender at Chonker’s Speedway and Command Cavern (2)
Fortnite Week 2 Seasonal Quests
- Collect a weapon while sliding (1)
- Damage opponents with an Exotic weapon (150)
- Deal shotgun damage to opponents within 5 seconds of sprinting (200)
- Destroy structures using Remote Explosives (25)
- Purchase a weapon of Rare or higher rarity from a vending machine (1)
- Travel in a tank (300)
- Visit Sanctuary, Tilted Towers, and Command Cavern (3)
Fortnite Week 1 Seasonal Quests
- Use the Repair Torch to fix a vehicle (200)
- Spend Bars (500)
- Search chests on IO Airships (3)
- Mantle onto a ledge within 3 seconds of sprinting (3)
- Launch yourself 150 meters from a Siege Cannon (150)
- Deal damage to IO Forces (500)
- Collect a Drum Shotgun and a Combat SMG in a single match (2)
For more Fortnite, you can check out the best PC settings in 2022, and whether Season 2 will end with a live event finale.
Image Credit: Epic Games
Warzone devs confirm 120Hz returns to Xbox Series consoles soon
Xbox Series consoles can no longer run Warzone at 120FPS, but Raven Software have confirmed the fix is coming very...
Best Shotguns in Warzone: Season 3 ranked list
If you're looking for the most powerful close-range weapons Warzone Pacific has to offer, here are the best Shotguns for...
When is Vanguard Season 3 Reloaded? New SMG & Sphere map
The next major update for Vanguard is Season 3 Reloaded, so here's everything we know including the new SMG, map,...