Fishing in Fortnite allows you to catch some neat weapons, gear, and of course, fish. Here’s everything you need to know, including how to find a fishing rod and the best fishing spots.
Fishing is a useful way for you to collect some neat gear, and this feature hasn’t changed much since its release Chapter 2, Season 1. This guide will go over everything you need to know about fishing, including the best fishing spots.
Table of Contents
How to find a Fortnite fishing rod
The first thing you’ll is a fishing rod, and these are easy enough to obtain. You can find them as weapons inside chests or as loot on the ground around Fortnite Island.
The best place to look is near bodies of water or inside barrels. Once you’ve collected it, you’ll be ready to catch some fish. You might also find Harpoons when searching for a fishing rod.
How to fish in Fortnite
Once you’ve acquired a fishing rod, you can use it to catch yourself some fish as well as some neat weapons and gear. It’s fairly easy to do, but it requires you to be patient.
Here’s how you can fish in Fortnite:
- Head to a fishing spot
- Equip your fishing rod
- Hold the action button to set the angle of your cast
- Let go of the button once it’s at the center of the fishing spot to throw the line.
- Be patient and wait for a bite
- Once you’ve got one, you’ll be able to reel in your catch
Fortnite fishing spot locations
It goes without saying that you’ll need to find a body of water if you want to go fishing in Fortnite. The good news is that the Island provides plenty of lakes and rivers for you to choose from.
You’ll know you’re near a good fishing spot once you spot white ripples in the water, showing signs of underwater creatures. Some ideal spots are Lazy Lake, Believer Beach, and the pond above Retail Row.
The reason we recommend these spots is because they also contain barrels for you to search through if you haven’t already acquired a fishing rod beforehand.
All fish effects in Fortnite
While you may be tempted to only search for weapons, we recommend adding some fish to your inventory as well. This is because they provide you with a variety of different effects and benefits.
Here are all the fish effects in Fortnite:
- Flopper: Regain 40 Health
- Mythical Goldfish: Instantly kill an opponent
- Rusty Can: Deal 20 damage
- Slurpfish: Regain 50 Health or 50 Shield
- Small Fry: Regain 25% health if health is under 75%.
- Vendetta Flopper Marks nearby enemy
- Spicy Fish Speed boost
- Hop Flopper Low gravity
- Jellyfish: Splash nearby enemy health and shields
- Shield Fish: Gives shields
- Thermal Fish: Gives thermal vision
- Midas Fish: Makes all loot legendary
This activity is sometimes a part of in-game challenges. Week 3’s Punchcard Quests require you to consume a fish, restore health with one, and throw another one back in the water.
That covers everything you need to know about fishing in Fortnite. Also, check out our guide on how to get Bryson DeChambeau Fortnite skin bundle, and stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for more Fortnite.
Image credits: Epic Games
All NPC locations in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 1
Here are the locations for each of Fortnite Chapter 3’s NPCs who can turn you into a Prop, reveal future Storm Circles, and give you Quests.
Fortnite Chapter 3 features various wacky NPCs you can visit around the island, so here are all of the Fortnite NPC locations for whenever you might need to find these characters in Season 1.
There are multiple fun characters that you can run into on Fortnite Island. These NPCs perform different functions like revealing future Storm Circles in exchange for Gold Bars or giving you Weekly Quests.
Fortnite Chapter 3 introduced several new NPCs, such as Spider-Man and The Visitor. These characters are spread out across the Island, and this guide will make it much easier for you to find them.
Here’s every Fortnite Chapter 3 NPC and their location on the Season 1 map.
All Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 1 NPC locations
There are currently 22 NPCs in the game. Thanks to the website Fortnite.GG, we’ve got each of their locations in Chapter 3, Season 1 so far. The site has also marked each NPC that can turn you into a Prop for the right price.
Here are the detailed locations of each Fortnite Chapter 3 NPC:
- The Visitor: Launch Pad island east of The Sanctuary (can be hired)
- The Scientist: North end of The Sanctuary (reveals future Storm Circles)
- Agent Jones: Seven Outpost III north-east of The Daily Bugle (can be hired)
- The Foundation: East side of The Sanctuary
- Bunker Jonesy: South-west side of The Joneses
- Ludwig: Building south-east of The Joneses
- Brainiac: Building in the centre of The Joneses (can be hired)
- Mullet Maurader: Red roofed building at north side of The Joneses
- Jonesy The First: Building in the north-east of The Joneses (can be hired)
- Cuddle Team Leader: Pink roofed building at the north side of Camp Cuddle
- Metal Team Leader: Grey roofed building at the south side of Camp Cuddle
- Cuddlepool: Red roofed building at the south side of Camp Cuddle (can be hired)
- Quackling: Yellow roofed building at the south side of Camp Cuddle
- Guaco: Inside the restaurant at Greasy Grove
- Lil’ Whip: Inside the ice cream shop at Coney Crossroads (can turn you into a Prop)
- Bao Bros: South-east building in Greasy Grove (can turn you into a Prop)
- Tomatohead: Inside the middle store in Greasy Grove (can turn you into a Prop & sells Rifts)
- Mancake: In Butter Barn north-west of Chonker’s Speedway (can turn you into a prop & be dueled)
- Shanta: South-east of Condo Canyon (can be hired & sells Rifts)
- Lt. John Llama: South-east of Logjam Lumberyard (can be hired)
- Haven: Near Haven’s Oasis lake west of Chonker’s Speedway
- Galactico: On the football pitch at Tilted Towers
These NPCs are guaranteed to spawn in every match of Fortnite, so you should have no trouble finding the Fortnite NPC locations. However, NPCs are known to move around, so we’ll update you if they are found in any more locations.
- Read More: How many people play Fortnite?
You’ll notice that Fortnite Chapter 3 features fewer characters than in previous seasons and many of them are grouped together at the same locations. However, more NPCs are expected to be added later on.
For more Fortnite, check out where to find Buttercake Klombos dinosaurs in Fortnite Chapter 3 and the Fortnite 19.10 update patch notes.
Image Credit: Epic Games / Fortnite.GG
Where to find Buttercake Klombos dinosaurs in Fortnite Chapter 3
Fortnite have added the new Klomobo dinosaurs into the game, giving players new ways to move around the map. Here’s where you can find them.
The first Fortnite update of 2022 is here, introducing the Buttercake Klombos dinosaurs to the island. Here’s everywhere you can find them, how to feed them, and how to use them as rotation devices.
Fortnite’s 19.10 update will go down in history as the patch that brought back fan-favorite POI Tilted Towers. The legendary area has been missing from the game since 2019, but finally, players can “drop Tilted” and battle players in the city’s buildings.
Of course, that wasn’t the only thing added in this major patch, with the Buttercake dinosaurs that were teased in the Season 1 promo finally appearing on the island.
You’ll now see the creatures roaming around, but what can you do with them, and where can you find them? Here’s everything you need to know about Buttercake Klombos dinosaurs.
Where to find Klombos dinosaurs in Fortnite Chapter 3
The Klombos are peaceful dinosaurs that can be seen roaming across the map after the January 18 update. Be warned though, they will attack you if provoked, so make sure not to hurt them in the heat of battle.
The good news is that there are at least four Klombos dinosaurs roaming the map at any one time, so you’ll have plenty of chances to see one for yourself.
- Read More: Best Fortnite keybinds and mouse settings
The bad news is that they don’t appear in the same place every match. According to leakers, their positions alter game to game, but your best chance of spotting one is in the northeast corner of the map. Avoid the sandy area in the south, as this has the least number of spawns.
How to feed Klombos in Fortnite
Feeding Klomos is relatively easy. You’ll need to keep a lookout for the new Klomberry consumable item that can now be found on bushes around Fortnite‘s island.
If you’ve upset a Klombo, you can feed it one of these treats to calm it down, then keep giving them to these beasts to gain a reward in the form of items it will spit onto the ground for you.
How to use Klombos to rotate around the map
Using Klombos to rotate around the map is simple. Simply jump on their tail, and run up the back of this creature. Once you reach its head, the dinosaur’s blowhole will shoot you up into the air.
- Read More: How many people play Fortnite?
This can be used to effectively escape from a battle you can’t win, or simply to head towards a different part of the map.
That’s everything we know about Klombos so far, but it’s always possible that these creatures have more hidden talents we don’t know about. Epic may also make changes to them as the season advances, so keep an eye out for new tricks or a different attitude.
Image Credits: Epic Games
Fortnite 19.10 patch notes: Tilted Towers returns, Klomberry item, more
Fortnite’s 19.10 update has finally brought back the fan-favorite Tilted Towers POI, along with the new Klomberry consumable item.
Fortnite’s first patch of 2022 is finally here, bringing back the iconic Tilted Towers POI along with the new Klomberry item.
But the crossovers aren’t the only thing you should be excited about, as the fan-favorite Tilted Towers POI has finally returned for the first time since May 2019. On top of that, players also have a new consumable item in the Klomberry.
Check out the full Fortnite 19.10 update patch notes below.
Fortnite 19.10 update patch notes
Tilted Towers returns in Fortnite 19.20 update
Fortnite shifted to a brand-new map with Chapter 3 and eagle-eyed players spotted a familiar POI under the ice – Tilted Towers.
- Read more: How to get struck by Lightning in Fortnite
Tilted Towers was a fan-favorite location from Chapter 1, offering the perfect action-packed drop spot for high kill games. A version of it returned in Chapter 2 with Salty Towers, but Chapter 3’s version is the real deal.
Tilted Towers can be found in the middle of the map, just below the island’s biggest lake. Tilted Towers has replaced Coral Castle, a change that some Fortnite players are disappointed about.
Along with the exciting return of Tilted Towers, players also have a new consumable item to eat. The Klomberry helps to both heal players and add shields, and players can carry 15 of them at a time.
These berries can be found in Butter Cake Bushes, which can be found scattered randomly around the island.
Fortnite 19.10 update bug fixes
Fortnite’s 19.10 update also brings major bug fixes, so here are all of the Fornite issues confirmed to be fixed in the next game update.
- Weekly Challenge: Collect Telescope Parts Issue – the Quest will be auto-completed for all players
- “Network Connection Lost” error when trying to join match as a spectator
- Some Outfits experience a dip in framerate and bright light when equipping Spider-Man’s Web-Shooters
- Progress for Some Cosmetic Challenge Bundles Not Visible
- Healing while in tent is disabled
- Daily Quests Don’t Appear If Another Mode Was Last Played
- Crash Pads do not visually look correct
Save the World
- Vacuum Tube Bow is not causing chain lighting effect
Switch & Mobile
- The Storm is not as dense and is more transparent on Nintendo Switch
For more Fortnite, be sure to check out everything we know about a leaked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle crossover.
Image Credit: Epic Games
Best Apex Legends weapon skins with the cleanest iron sights
Apex Legends has some great weapon skins for players to craft, but some actually offer better iron sights than others.
Warzone January 20 update patch notes: Instant reload glitch, bug fixes & Katana buff
Here are the full patch notes for Warzone's January 20 update, which fixed the instant reload glitch and buffed the...
Here’s why 54% of CoD fans are happy about Microsoft’s Activision buyout
A recent poll revealed that 54% of Call of Duty fans were positive about Microsoft's Activision buyout, and here's their...