Fortnite Season 8 is here with plenty of Cube-themed content for players to tackle. One of the most mysterious new additions is the Fortnite Gold Cube which has begun traveling around the map. Here’s where to find it and where it’s headed.
Fortnite Season 8 Cubed has landed, and it’s brought with it a whole host of new changes to the world-famous battle royale. From another Marvel crossover with Venom and Carnage to an entirely new dimension called The Sideways.
In a throwback to the first season, Epic has also brought back Kevin the Cube, and he isn’t alone this time.
A strange Gold Cube can also be seen rolling around among the numerous alien Cubes populating the map. Here’s everything we know about it so far.
What does the Fortnite Gold Cube do?
The actual purpose of the Gold Cube is currently unknown. When the other purple squares began making their moves, it remained stationary but has since started to travel as well.
This more prestigious Cube will likely play a massive part in the end-of-season event that will take place before Season 9 begins.
As always, we will keep you updated with any fresh news on what role the Fortnite Gold Cube will play.
Fortnite Gold Cube location
The mysterious Fortnite Gold Cube started near Holly Hedges and Weeping Woods before it began its long journey.
At the time of writing, it can be found in between Boney Burbs and Believer Beach, and it is set to head towards Pleasant Park.
As the object now appears to be continuously moving, its location will change drastically throughout Season 8.
It is expected to go past many of the named locations around the outskirts of the map before reaching its final destination.
If the Cube is moving, then where exactly is it going? Well, according to a leak from dataminer HYPEX, the Fortnite Gold Cube – along with every other alien square – is actually heading to the center of the map.
This location has been significant for some time in Epic’s ongoing narrative, especially in the Zero Point storyline that has dominated many of the game’s seasons.
It appears that all of the Cubes, except Blue, which is yet to budge, will all be meeting in the same place eventually.
What happens when all of the Cubes make their way to the middle remains to be seen, but if history is anything to go by, then fans can expect something big when they are reunited.
Image credits: Epic Games
How to complete Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 Quests: Week 5 challenge guide
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, brings new Quests every week, so here’s how to complete each week’s set of challenges.
A new Fortnite Season means new Weekly Quests to complete, so here’s how to complete all of Week 5’s challenges in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, as well as all of the Quests you might have missed but can still complete.
Season 3 of Fortnite Chapter 3 brought Darth Vader, Indiana Jones, and plenty of new mechanics to the battle royale, and Epic Games didn’t stop there. New items such as the Grapple Glove are being added almost every week and there are also Weekly Quests to help you finish the Battle Pass and unlock the Super Styles.
Epic Games have done away with Punchcards, so you simply need to complete the challenges found in Season 3’s Quests screen. You’ll get 15k XP for each one you complete, so it’s well worth your time. Here’s how to complete the Week 5 Quests, and when you can expect Week 6’s to go live.
How to complete Fortnite Season 3, Week 5 Quests
The fifth batch of Fortnite Chapter 3’s Season 3 Quests is centered around using new additions such as the Port-A-Fort, Charge SMG, and the new Shuffled Shrines POI.
Here are all of the Week 5 Quests in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3:
- Collect a Port-A-Fort and a Ripsaw Launcher in a single match (2) – 15,000 XP
- Collect floating rings near Reality Falls (5) – 15,000 XP
- Deal Damage to opponents within 10 meters with the Charge SMG (500) – 15,000 XP
- Deal DMR damage to opponents from above (500) – 15,000 XP
- Deploy a Port-A-Fort and deal damage to opponents within 30 seconds (50) – 15,000 XP
- Destroy giant mushrooms with the Ripsaw launcher (8) – 15,000 XP
- Visit Reality Falls, Tilted Towers, and Shuffled Shrines (3) – 15,000 XP
You shouldn’t have too much difficulty completing Fortnite’s Week 5 Quests as long as you set out to complete them.
You can check out our guide on where to find a Ripsaw Launcher to destroy the giant mushrooms. The Port-A-Fort and Charge SMG both arrived with the 21.20 update and can be found all over the island, so you shouldn’t have much trouble here.
Shuffled Shrines is also a new POI west of the Joneses where you can open the secret door for the Indiana Jones Quests.
The next set of Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 Quests will arrive on Thursday, July 14 at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET / 2 PM BST, so stay tuned for Week 6.
All Fortnite Weekly Quests
Fortnite Week 4 Quests
- Damage opponents while in a vehicle (250)
- Destroy structures with an E-11 Blaster Rifle (15)
- Knock down Timer Pines with a Ripsaw Launcher (5)
- Mantle onto a ledge within 3 seconds of sliding (3)
- Plant a Reality Seed at Sunflower’s Saplings or Fungi Farm (1)
- Search chests or ammo boxes at crashed IO Airships (2)
- Travel 500 meters in the Slipstream around Rave Cave (500)
Fortnite Week 3 Quests
- Impulse an enemy player with a Shockwave Grenade (1)
- Dislodge or destroy Runaway Boulders with a melee weapon (3)
- Damage opponents within 30 seconds of getting out of the water (75)
- Reach max shields at a temple (1)
- Jump off a diving board (3)
- Headbutt an opponent while riding a Boar (1)
- Get 3 seconds of air time in a land vehicle (1)
Fortnite Week 2 Quests
- Boost into a Runaway Boulder and dislodge it with a Baller (1)
- Eliminate enemy players with ranged weapons of Epic rarity or better (2)
- Enter the wind tunnel in a Baller at the Screwballer (1)
- Headshot opponents with the Two-Shot Shotgun (5)
- Launch into the air using Geysers (3)
- Pick Weeds around Reality Saplings (5)
- Swing 50 meters or more with the Grapple Glove without touching the ground (10)
Fortnite Week 1 Quests
- Collect Reality Seeds (3)
- Damage opponents with a DMR (200)
- Dance at different crashed IO Airships (3)
- Gain shields by bouncing on Slurp Bouncer mushrooms (10)
- Mod a Whiplash with Off-Road tires and a Cow Catcher, then destroy Structures (50)
- Search chests at Condo Canyon or Tilted Towers (5)
- Visit the Zero Point in a motorboat (1)
Fortnite Zero Week Quests
- Interact with Sunbird or Moon Hawk and Rustler in a single match (2)
- Jump on a Wolf or Bear’s back in 2 different matches (2)
- Plant or Summon 3 Reality Saplings using Reality Seeds (3)
- Survive 10 Storm Phases (10)
- Travel 2000 meters in a Baller (2000)
- Visit Groovy Grove, Reality Falls, and Rave Cave (3)
Image Credit: Epic Games
How to find Sith Holocron in Rave Cave for Fortnite Vibin’ challenges
Here’s how to find the Star Wars Sith Holocron in Rave Cave for Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3’s Vibin’ Questline.
Fortnite’s Vibin’ Quests offer players a nice XP bonus each week, and Part Four tasks players with finding a Sith Holocron from Star Wars. Here’s how to locate and collect the Sith Holocron from Rave Cave in Fortnite.
Fornite’s Vibin’ Quests give players a ton of bonus XP towards leveling up the Battle Pass and unlocking the Super Styles. Part Four went live with the 21.20 update, and added the Sith Holocron from Star Wars to the game.
You’ll need to find this Sith Holocron inside Rave Cave to complete the Vibin’ Quests, so here’s its location and how to pry open shipping boxes to find it.
- Sith Holocron Rave Cave location in Fortnite
- How to pry open shipping boxes to find Sith Holocron in Fortnite
Sith Holocron Rave Cave location in Fortnite
To locate the Sith Holocron in Rave Cave, Fortnite players need to head inside the mountain and stand outside the main building.
Just stand on the platform beside the water and you’ll get a notification telling you that you have completed the “Locate where the Sith Holocron is being held in Rave Cave” stage of the Vibin’ Quests.
This will mark all of the shipping boxes which might store the Sith Holocron on your HUD, and you’ll get another 7,000 XP.
How to pry open shipping boxes to find Sith Holocron in Fortnite
After you’ve located the Holocron in Fortnite, you’ll need to “pry open shipping boxes” to find it. To do this, head into Rave Cave’s main building through the doors with the shutters half down — you’ll spot it right beside the stairs.
- Read more: Where to find The Ruins in Fortnite
You’ll see small wooden crates, which are the shipping boxes, glowing and marked on your HUD. Hit these boxes with your Harvesting Tool and the Sith Holocron will appear on top of one of them.
Simply press the interact button to collect the Sith Holocron and you’ll have completed the Vibin’ Quest and earned another 7,000 XP.
For more Fortnite, be sure to check out all of the upcoming skins and cosmetics that leaked in the 21.20 update.
Image Credit: Epic Games
Apex Legends & Fortnite Twitch viewership takes major hit as Fall Guys surges
The rise of Fall Guys since going free-to-play has seemingly led to a drop in Twitch viewers for both Fortnite and Apex Legends.
Fall Guys has seen a massive bump in popularity since going free to play, so much so that it appears to have damaged rival battle royales Apex Legends and Fortnite’s popularity on Twitch.
For a few glorious months after its launch in 2020, Fall Guys was the hottest property in gaming. Millions of players took pleasure in dragging their clumsy jellybeans through outrageous levels in an attempt to be the last bean standing.
Despite being the most-downloaded PS Plus game of all time, Fall Guys failed to find the staying power that other battle royales like Warzone enjoyed. However, after going free-to-play and releasing on Switch and Xbox, the game saw its player base grow to over 20 million.
After going free-to-play in June, the latest Twitch figures show just how big a comeback Fall Guys has made. At the time of writing in July 2022, Fall Guys is the sixth most-viewed game on the platform with an average of 88,100 viewers.
This is a massive 22% increase from the previous week, placing Mediatonic’s quirky title alongside heavy hitters like Counter-Strike: GO and Escape from Tarkov.
What’s even more interesting is the effect that Fall Guys’ success has had on its rivals. Fortnite and Apex Legends have slipped behind Fall Guys with drops of 7.4% and 12.7% respectively, with Apex barely clinging on to a spot in the top 10.
Call of Duty: Warzone has also taken a significant dip, losing 16.2% of its Twitch audience in the last week.
Of course, it’s tough to tell if the drops seen by rival battle royales were directly caused by people tuning in to Fall Guys instead, but it’s definitely interesting to see such a drastic change in figures just after the game went F2P.
We’ll have to wait and see if Fall Guys can keep players and viewers on board this time around, but with Apex Legends Season 14 and Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4 coming soon, Mediatonic has their work cut out for them.
Image credits: Mediatonic / Epic Games / Twitch Tracker
FIFA 22 Shapeshifters Team 4: Release date & leaked players
The Shapeshifters promo followed TOTS as the next Ultimate Team promo in FIFA 22. Here's a look at what to...
How to complete Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 Quests: Week 5 challenge guide
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, brings new Quests every week, so here's how to complete each week's set of challenges.
How to level up Warzone weapons fast in Vanguard Zombies Shi No Numa
Here's how you can use the Shi No Numa Zombies map to level up Warzone and Vanguard weapons extremely fast.