GameInformer has shared a video today featuring Infinity Ward’s Campaign Directors Jacob Minkoff and Taylor Kurosaki.
Here’s a summary what was talked about in the interview:
- Ideas for 2019 game started before Infinite Warfare shipped in 2016
- Patrick Kelly, IW Studio Head, voiced that they should make Modern Warfare again.
- Taylor Kurosaki says he ‘grew found of Infinite Warfare’s character’ but put those aside to make Modern Warfare. He also says that those characters are still out there and will be ‘revisited’ in the future.
- He says they will make Infinite Warfare 2 whenever the year Infinite Warfare took place actually comes around. Infinite Warfare ‘will be Modern Warfare at some point’
- He says both Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare “are about warfare.” Infinite Warfare was about being a “captain and figuring things out on the fly.” But “Modern Warfare has the burden of being the protector.” “You carry the burden with you” in Modern Warfare.
- On why it is a MW reboot and not MW4: “We talked about it a bunch.” “We basically landed pretty quickly that if we made a sequel we would have to be telling a story that continues on from Modern Warfare 3.” The ending of MW3 left a lot of stakes that were not relatable anymore, so it could not be realistic. And so many people did not get a chance to play the originals and would have to be caught up on all the aspects of the game.
- What makes it Modern Warfare is that it is a modern game that has events that can happen. “We had too reboot.”
- “We have a lot of other returning characters as well” but “new re-imagined versions of those characters.”
- “We talked about some radical casting ideas for the characters.”
- There is enough differences that it is not the same original Modern Warfare story and overall feeling to the actors makes it new and modern.
- “We do not want to spoil who comes back.”
- The experience designing this game has been “awesome.” The team has “evolved and grown” with “new blood and old blood.” “The team making the game is truly like a squad. We fight together. We care so much about this thing.”
- “This has been the easiest development of my career because of how energized people have been towards the same goal” – Minkoff, who has worked on many games over his career.
- “We had one level that was not testing very well. It did not have the player agency, but it just did not have the gameplay core. And this one designer was like this is not working and he went and ripped everything apart and basically made it open world, many different overlapping paths, all sorts of new weapons you can find…like he drastically changed it. This is everything. Having people like that, who throw themselves in it by making the game so much better, moments like that are absolutely priceless.”
- “This game is a game that is more authentic.”
In this exclusive Game Informer interview, Infinity Ward’s campaign gameplay director Jacob Minkoff and studio narrative director Taylor Kurosaki talk about leaving Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare behind, why they didn’t choose to create a Modern Warfare 4, and why you can expect more characters than just Price to return to the reboot.
Modern Warfare devs investigating PS4 blue screen after Season 6 update
Following the newest update for Modern Warfare, which started Season 6, many PlayStation 4 users are experiencing issues playing the game.
With the recently update, PlayStation 4 players are getting a crash blue screen while playing matches of Modern Warfare MP. Some PC players are also experiencing issues.
PS4 players are seeing CE-34878-0 PS4 Error Code throughout their time playing Modern Warfare or Warzone after the recent update.
The blue screen issue started to happen after the Season 6 update, which went live on Sept. 28 at 11PM PT.
Activision has now confirmed they are aware of the issue.
“We’re actively investigating an issue where some players are experiencing crashes,” reads a new tweet from Activision’s Support account.
There’s no indication yet as to when players can expect an overall fix for the crash error that is occurring in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Stay tuned for any updates on a fix for this error.
Feature Image above is example what the error looks like.
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 Update: Patch Notes
Infinity Ward has released the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on all platforms.
This update kicks off Season 6 of the Modern Warfare and Warzone on all platforms.
Update Download Information
The update size for Season 6 update for Modern Warfare and Warzone:
- PlayStation 4: 19.3 GB
- Xbox One: 22.66 GB
- PC: 57 GB (Modern Warfare owners) and 25.5 GB (Warzone only owners)
In addition, PS4 & Xbox One players will have an additional compatibility pack to play Multiplayer and Special Ops.
- PlayStation 4 Compatibility Pack: 7.8 GB
- PlayStation 4 Survival Pack: 5.8 GB
- Xbox One Compatibility Pack: 8 GB
- Xbox One Survival Pack: 5.9 GB
Due note, Survival Mode for Modern Warfare available now on PS4 and coming October 1 to Xbox One and PC.
- Read More: Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 6 Roadmap
New Operators, Nikolai and Farah join the fight. New weapons. New maps. New modes. More Battle Pass gear for you to unlock.
- Ground War
- Gunfight Blueprint Customs
- Face Off – Station
- Killstreak Confirmed
- Season Six Mish Pit – Season Six maps Broadcast and Mialstor Tank Factory in mosh pit game modes
- BR Quads
- BR Trios
- BR Duos
- BR Solos
- Plunder Trios
- Armored Royale Quads
- C4: Slight delay when performing a quick detonation. A beep will now play when quick detonation is triggered. Also reduced throw initial velocity by 30%
- Fix for a bug where, after reviving a teammate in Survival, there will be a 5 second delay before the user is able to use their weapon again
- Fix for an issue where players could obtain unlimited Stopping Power rounds
- Fix for an issue where the defending player had a long respawn timer after the HQ was taken back and all players were dead while in a Headquarters match
- Fix for an issue where it was possible to put a molotov or grenade into a planted bomb causing it to kill the diffusing player
- Fix for two issues where the player’s watch and/or Heartbeat Sensor would not be entirely visible when using the XRK Chainsaw attachment on the Finn LMG
- Fix for a bug where explosive and thermite rounds do not function as intended on the Chronic variant from the Blunt Force II bundle
- Fixed an issue where the muzzle selection screen for the Finn LMG was hard to view in the Gunsmith menu
- Fixed an issue where the player’s left hand will not properly grip the weapon when the 23.0” Romanian barrel is equipped on the AK
- Fixed a few bugs where the prone hipfire viewmodel positioning was not appearing as intended and could disappear in certain circumstances
- Origin 12: Reduced very close damage in Warzone
- Shotguns: Increased damage of slugs in Warzone
- XRK ChainSAW – FiNN LMG:
- Adding a description in Gunsmith nothing the attachment does not allow for weapon mounting
- Increased brightness on the Tac Laser attachment
- Fixed a collision issue in the south corner of the Stadium
- Fix for an issue where a fence with a white tarp over it near the Hospital was allowing players to see through it on one side
- Fix for an issue where, on occasion, the train would appear as a white placeholder icon on the map
- Implemented fixes to help properly track Warzone wins
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to damage enemies with gunfire while on an ascender
- If a player has their minimap set to not rotate, they will see inaccurate pings on the heartbeat sensor. This has been fixed.
- Fix for a rare issue where the Train’s supply boxes could vanish during longer rounds
- NVIDIA Reflex is now available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, including Warzone, and will deliver latency improvements in GPU-intensive gaming scenarios on GeForce GTX 900 and higher NVIDIA graphics cards
- Improved stability and performance
SOURCE: Infinity Ward
Modern Warfare & Warzone Season 6 PlayStation exclusive content
PlayStation Blog has announced the latest batch of exclusive content for PlayStation users in Modern Warfare and Warzone.
Activision has confirmed that Modern Warfare’s Survival mode officially arrives on Xbox One and PC on October 1, 2020, but PlayStation gets a bonus Combat Pack exclusively for Season 6.
Survival mode gets an update with a new map: Hovec Sawmill. This map is only on PS4 until October 1, 2020.
In addition, there’s a Warzone Season Six Combat Pack available only on PS4. The Warzone Season 6 Combat Pack is a timed PlayStation exclusive until December 1, 2020.
Survive the Gulag in Warzone or fight to secure the victory in Multiplayer bundle that is free for all Playstation Plus subscribers. Download the Pack by going to the Franchise section of the Store and scroll down to the Miscellaneous section. The bundle includes the following:
- Epic Rodion ‘Red Death’ skin (This skin unlocks the Operator, if not already owned)
- Epic ‘Shivvie’ Melee Weapon
- Epic ‘Slipshod’ Handgun Weapon Blueprint
- Epic ‘Ball and Chain’ Charm
- Epic ‘Don’t Back Down’ Calling Card
- Epic ‘Gulag’ Emblem
- Epic ‘Inside Job’ Sticker
- 60 Minute Double XP Token
There is also a timed exclusive Weapon Blueprint, which is available only on PS4 until October 1, 2020, per the PS Blog.
Turn the Tides and Earn the *Exclusive Tide Pool Blueprint
A sniper designed for players who lock down lanes in Multiplayer and can eliminate squads escaping the circle collapse in Warzone. The blueprint is earned in a five-step mission set, found in Missions, that requires use of multiple weapon classes and in-match skills. The weapon has a shorter barrel that other sniper rifles but can still go the distance thanks to a quality scope. Build a complete loadout with an agile and strong-secondary like the GS or Renetti and perks that help you withstand damage like Battle Hardened and EOD until the job is done.
Stay tuned for the latest news on Modern Warfare and Warzone.
SOURCE: PS Blog
Activision Blizzard allowing CDL teams to defer league payments
Activision Blizzard is providing financial relief for Call of Duty League team ownership groups in 2020 due to the on-going...
Modern Warfare devs investigating PS4 blue screen after Season 6 update
Following the newest update for Modern Warfare, which started Season 6, many PlayStation 4 users are experiencing issues playing the...
20,000 users banned in Warzone in recent ban wave, including streamer
Update: VICE News reports that, according to their sources, over 20,000 accounts were banned as part of the new ban...