Infinity Ward has announced that the Devastation DLC for PSN/PC customers will release on Thursday, May 8th.
Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass holders get instant access to the “Ripper” weapon and can use it in all Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer maps now.
Devastation DLC brings 4 new MP maps, The Ripper, and Mayday for Extinction:
- Set in a multi-level Mayan temple, “Ruins” provides the verticality needed for long-range weapons, while the underground pathways below are perfect for close-quarters showdowns. Skilled players that find and complete the map’s unique Field Order will have the ability to become one of Hollywood’s most formidable action film stars and the galaxy’s ultimate hunter, the deadly Predator. As the Predator, players will brandish its dual wrist blades and shoulder-mounted plasma cannon, as well as be able to utilize the creature’s keen hunting abilities to track down enemy players.
- “Collision” takes place in the mangled remains of a cargo ship that’s crashed into a New York City bridge. The map’s tight corridors – made-up of burnt-out vehicles and demolished shipping containers – create a space perfect for run-and-gun players. Players that dominate “Collision” and complete the map’s specific Field Order will be able take control of a heavily armed aircraft and rain down destruction from above.
- “Behemoth” drops players atop a massive excavation platform in South America. The map’s long sight lines are ideal for long-range weapons, while the confined interiors of the platform’s control rooms make for intense SMG and Shotgun encounters. Completing “Behemoth’s” Field Order will allow players to control an attack helicopter armed with a deadly, armor-piercing mini-gun as it circles the excavator searching for enemy combatants.
- “Unearthed” is a reimagined version of the fan-favorite map “Dome” from Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3. “Unearthed” is full of new secrets and Cryptid artifacts for players to discover in this compact, versatile map, great for all play types. Unlock the map’s Field Order and unleash the power of the Cryptids, with three “Seeder” aliens chasing down and inflicting heavy damage on enemy combatants.
- “Episode 2: Mayday” – the next chapter in the ongoing episodic Extinction story. In the aftermath of the events at the Nightfall Program facility in the Alaskan wilderness, the Quick Reaction Force boards a mysteriously abandoned Chinese research vessel adrift in the South Pacific Ocean. Armed with multiple, mod-able versions of the Venom-X weapons that harness the power of Cryptid technology, players will pursue Captain Archer in an attempt to uncover what’s become of Dr. Cross, all while battling against a new Cryptid enemy called the “Seeder”, and culminating with players facing-off against a massive, 400-foot tall Cryptid beast from the deep – the “Kraken.”
CoD leaker claims Modern Warfare 3 Campaign Remastered coming in 2021
Call of Duty fans could be set for huge nostalgia in 2021 with a remaster of the Modern Warfare 3 campaign expected to drop.
Modern Warfare 3 looks set to follow in the footsteps of Modern Warfare 2 by releasing a remastered version of its campaign component. A leak has suggested that the Call of Duty content is scheduled for 2021.
There’s absolutely no doubting the impact that the Modern Warfare games have had on the video game industry. At the time, CoD’s 2011 launch made Modern Warfare 3 the most successful entertainment launch of all-time by grossing over $400 million in 24 hours.
The continued exploits of Captain Price, Soap, and the gang were massively sought after and people flocked to it in droves. Now, players will apparently get to revisit this classic campaign in 2021 with a leak hinting that Modern Warfare 3 Remastered is on the way.
According to the MW2Ghost, “I was told that MW3 Campaign Remastered is definitely coming this year, and should be coming Q2 which is the original plan, one month exclusive to PlayStation.”
- Read More: 8 things we want to see in Call of Duty 2021
If true, this would follow a similar model to other previous Call of Duty content by declaring PlayStation to be its exclusive home for a while.
Black Ops Cold War has been an example of this with PlayStation users being treated exclusively to the game’s Onslaught mode. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered also released first on PlayStation.
MW2Ghost also followed this message up by saying, “Worded this a bit weird, so, it was originally set for Q2 of this year under a deal with PlayStation, but not sure if that’s still the case (date). Apparently, it’s definitely still coming at some point this year.”
Modern Warfare 2 remastered proved to be a financial victory for Activision, as people clamored for the epic campaign that helped to kickstart a generation.
With the extraordinary success of Warzone potentially affecting Call of Duty 2021, a remastered version of the Modern Warfare 3 campaign may have to keep fans ticking over until Call of Duty 2021 is announced.
Image credits: Activision
How to play Rebirth Island in private matches
Season 3 of Black Ops Cold War has arrived in Warzone, and it has delivered the ability to play Rebirth Island in private matches.
Season 3 has officially arrived in Call of Duty: Warzone. It has brought plenty of changes, with one of the most notable is the ability to play private matches on Rebirth Island.
The first season of Black Ops Cold War content for Warzone saw Rebirth Island become the second map that players could battle on in the popular Call of Duty battle royale. The much smaller map and lower player count resulted in players being able to have quicker and even more intense matches than Verdansk.
While the community has been able to play private matches on Verdansk for some time now, the same has not been true for Rebirth Island, until now thanks to the Season 3 update for Warzone.
How to Play Rebirth Island in Private Matches
Players looking to customize their experience on the smaller Warzone map and host their own exclusive matches now can, thanks to the addition of private matches to the Black Ops Cold War map for Warzone.
Individuals who would like to set up these kinds of games on this particular map will need to head into Warzone and click on the tab at the very bottom of the Warzone playlist where you find all of the different game modes that you can play currently.
You will then need to select which game mode you would like to play. Once you have selected the game mode, you will be sent to the lobby screen, where you will be able to go to the bottom of the screen and switch the map from Verdansk to Rebirth Island.
Make sure you have enough players in the lobby to start a match, and then press start match.
There is no doubt that the addition of this feature to Verdansk was a hit amongst the community and will likely be used a great deal by players throughout Season 3 who prefer to get their victories and highlights on the smaller Warzone map instead of its larger predecessor.
The addition of this feature is just one of the many changes that have arrived in Warzone by way of the Season 3 update. From new weapons like the PPSH and Swiss K31 to the Hunt for Adler event, community members will have plenty to enjoy for the foreseeable future.
How to Get Your Call of Duty: Warzone Report
You now have the opportunity to get a detailed summary of your time playing in Verdansk thanks to the Call of Duty: Warzone report.
Players looking to see detailed statistics of their time spent playing the adrenaline-fueled battle royale of Call of Duty: Warzone can currently get their own report.
It has been an exciting year for the Call of Duty community, thanks largely to the success of Warzone and its entertaining battle royale action that has captivated the world.
Millions of players have taken to the battlefield of Verdansk to be the last player or team standing, resulting in plenty of impressive statistics culminating in the highly-anticipated nuke event that took place on April 21, 2021.
Individuals who may be interested in seeing their detailed stats can now do so by looking up their very own Call of Duty: Warzone report so you can put together some evidence the next time you are looking to brag to your friends.
How to Get Your Call of Duty: Warzone Report
The social media platform of Twitter is where you will need to make your way if you would like to get your hands on your own list of stats accumulated during your time playing the popular first-person shooter.
Once you are on your Twitter account, you will need to make a post with your Activision ID and the hashtag #WarzoneReport. This will then cause the official account for the high-profile franchise to reply to you and provide you with a customized image that shows a variety of statistics.
These statistics consist of your K/D ratio, total kills, deaths, hours played, the total number of wins you have gotten so far, and the total number of games you have played.
You can find an example in the tweet below:
There is no doubt that plenty of players will be happy to see the stats they have been able to put together so far in their career, while other players will be motivated to do better and have greatly improved stats the next time they get their report.
Players getting a summary of their career stats was just one of the highlights in the community on April 21, 2021, and there are sure to be plenty of more following the nuclear destruction of Verdansk and the official Season 3 update.
Warzone players call for devs to fix Groza iron sight glitch
Warzone players are calling for the developers of the Call of Duty battle royale to fix the frustrating Groza iron...
Unreleased Apex Legends Legacy Valkyrie skins revealed by dataminers
Apex Legends Season 9: legacy saw the introduction of new Legend, Valkyrie and dataminers have already found some new recolors...
Best SP-R 208 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 3
The SP-R 208 is one of Warzone's fastest snipers, so here are the attachments and perks to make the best...