Rockstar’s huge new update to round off 2020 is finally here. The Cayo Perico Heist has landed, and with it comes some big patch notes and all you need to know about the update.
It’s been several months since the official unveiling of GTA Online’s next sizable update and the Cayo Perico Heist is here in all of its glory.
What do you need to know? It’s set on a different island, your HQ can be a submarine, there’s new radio stations, nightclubs, and a whole lot more. Here’s what’s in Rockstar’s grand update.
GTA Online Cayo Perico update
GTA Online already boasts a wealth of vehicles for you to cause chaos in, but an extra one or two wouldn’t hurt would it? One of the biggest additions is the submarine which you can not only buy but customize too.
- Read More: GTA Online Cayo Perico heist payout revealed
The submarine’s color scheme can be changed and you can also store a miniature weaponized helicopter inside the submarine too.
These are the new bad boys and how much they will cost.
- Kosatka: $2,200,000
- Sparrow: $1,815,000
- Vapid Winky: $1,100,000
- Kurtz 31 Patrol Boat: $2,955,000
- RO-86 Alkonost: $4,350,000
- Annihilator Stealth: $3,870,000
- Toreador: $3,660,000
- Kraken Avisa: $1,545,000
- Shitzu Longfin: $2,125,000
Cayo Perico’s new weapons
Bored of firing the same firearms over and over again and fancy a change? The good news is that the new update brings forth some new guns for you to empty into bad guys.
- Perico Pistol
- Military Rifle – $397,500
- Combat Shotgun – $295,000
Along with everything else, avid GTA Online enthusiasts have got a new nightclub that they can visit and even buy. Music Locker can be found under the Diamond Casino and it will necessary for the first few steps of the Cayo Perico Heist.
Other new stuff
In addition to all the major new additions, there is a plethora of other offerings for players to look forward to as well.
- A new DJ: DJ Moodymann
- Two new radio stations: K.U.L.T 99.1 FM & Still Slipping Los Santos
- Over 180+ items of clothing have been added for both Male and Female characters
- Over 30+ Tattoos have been added
- Nine new Face Paints have been added
- Six new celebration emotes have been added: Crowd Invitation, Driver, Runner, Shooting, Suck It, Take Selfie
- Several new Awards related to The Cayo Perico Heist have been added, including the opportunity for players to earn up to 1.4 million in bonus GTA$ for various Heist challenges
- Five new styles of Blackjack tables and four new styles of Three Card Poker tables are available for purchase for players who own a Casino Penthouse and the Private Dealer
How much does the Cayo Perico Heist payout?
The bewest expansion is set to see the biggest oayout of any GTA Online heist yet. If you’re successful, you’re all set to bring in a whopping $4 million!
But the big downside is that in order to complete the operation, you’ll already need to have invested a solid $2 million of your own money as the submarine is a requirement for the heist.
How big is the update?
Obviously, you don’t want the update so big that it clogs up your hard drive in addition to everything else. But we’re pleased to report the damage isn’t too bad at all.
- PlayStation: 6.0 GB
- Xbox: 6.7 GB
- PC: 8-9 GB
So you don’t need to worry about deleting stuff to make room for it.
GTA Online Fixes
- Fixed several issues that caused game crashes, freezes and other stability problems
- Fixed a stability issue that caused high memory usage for PC players, which could have led to pausing/stuttering on low specification hardware
- Fixed an issue that may have caused players to get stuck on a black screen during transitions between GTA Online content
Matchmaking & Networking
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck on the sky camera after attempting to use the ‘Quick Job’ option to enter a Casino Heist lobby
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players remaining in the same session after using the ‘Find New Session’ option
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck on a loading screen when accepting a Job invite while inside the Arcade
- Fixed an issue that may have caused network errors during the race portion of the GTA Online Tutorial
- Fixed position sync issues with the Rune Zhaba vehicle when some players in a GTA Online session are running at a high framerate
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the news van getting stuck on a sign stopping Mission progression during the Casino Work Mission – Fake News
- Fixed an issue that caused the Casino Heist Prep Mission – Duggan Shipments to end unexpectedly after launching
- Fixed an issue that caused the Police Van from the Casino Heist Random Encounter – Patrick McReary to appear during an Open Wheel Race
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Mission starting with 3 seconds on the timer in the Casino Heist Random Encounter – Patrick McReary
- Fixed multiple instances of incorrect button prompts that were present in several Arcade Games on the Japanese version of the game
- Fixed overlapping text that was present in the Arcade Game – QUB3D
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players with restricted accounts being able to see the custom initials of players on the high score screen of Arcade Games
- Fixed an issue that caused the Movie Props Hidden Collectibles to be missing from their intended location
- Fixed an issue that caused Lester’s car to not be drivable in the Heist Mission: Fleeca Job – Scope Out
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be stuck with no functionality in the Heist Mission: Fleeca Job – Scope Out
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck after trying to launch the Heist Mission: Fleeca Job – Scope Out
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to use the skip trip functionality in the in the Heist Mission: Prison Break – Plane
- Fixed incorrect objective text that was present in the Heist Mission: Prison Break – Station
- Fixed an issue that caused players to fall through the map during the Casino Heist – Finale
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be taken into a Casino Heist Mission after not choosing an option on the Next Job Voting Screen, despite having made no Casino Heist progress
- Fixed visual issues that were present after quitting spectator mode during the Adversary Mode – Every Bullet Counts
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to re-equip rebreathers during the A Superyacht Life Mission – Salvage
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to use their weapon wheel during the A Superyacht Life Mission – Salvage
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players losing camera functionality in the Gerald’s Last Play Mission – Make Ends Meat
- Fixed a button conflict that was present in the Arena War – Game Masters
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players falling under the map after modding a vehicle in the Arena Workshop Property
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to deliver Cargo during the Business Battle – Assassination
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck on the objective ‘Hack the Security Panel’ in the Business Battle – Factory Raid
- Fixed an issue that caused the Mission to instantly fail after launching a Sell Mission
Awards and Daily Objectives
- Fixed an issue that caused the Daily Challenge – ‘Participate in the Featured Series’ to not register correctly
- Fixed issues that resulted in players’ Arcade set up progress getting reset
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck after drinking at the Arcade bar
- Fixed camera issues that were present when entering the Arcade
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players losing movement functionality after storing the Enus Paragon R (Armored) in their Office Garage
- Fixed helicopter spawning issues on the Yacht
- Fixed visual issues that were present with the Office Garage cutscene
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to exit their Arcade after accepting an invite
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players getting stuck on a loading screen after driving into the Arena Garage
- Fixed an issue that prevented several variations of vehicle cinematic cameras from appearing for all vehicles
- Fixed an issue that caused the Bravado Gauntlet Classic’s trade price to be displayed incorrectly on the Benny’s Original Motorworks site
- Fixed an issue that prevented Cargobob helicopters from being able to pick up the Vapid Peyote Custom using the hook
- Fixed several miscellaneous model and texture issues for the following vehicles:
- Invetero Coquette D10
- Bravado Gauntlet Classic Custom
- Albany Manana Custom
- Vapid Peyote Custom
- Bravado Youga Classic 4×4
- Fixed clipping issues that were present with several of the ‘Open Shirts’ and ‘Open Party Shirts’
- Fixed several miscellaneous clipping and texture issues for the following clothing items:
- Animal masks (and other larger mask options)
- Tucked Short Shirt variants
- Untucked Short Shirt variants
- Sport Shorts
- Yacht Captain outfit
- Reduced the frequency that the player will receive call, text and email notifications regarding content from previous GTA Online content updates
- Fixed an issue that resulted in vehicles not arriving after being requested from Ms. Baker
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to interact with certain activities in the Casino
- Fixed an issue that caused the Avenger’s entrance trigger to not be visible to players
- Fixed an issue that resulted in spectators being unable to swap filters
- Fixed an issue where PlayStation 4 players without a PS Plus subscription would not be directed to the correct menu when attempting to access GTA Online
- Fixed an issue that caused some weapon magazines and attachments to be missing during cutscenes
That should cover just about everything in the new Cayo Perico Heist and GTA Online! This exciting new expansion is available now, so get shooting and looting.
Image credits: Rockstar Games
Destiny 2 Riiswalker god roll perks for PVE and PVP
The Riiswalker is a powerful Destiny 2 weapon, and players can maximize its potential by acquiring the god roll perks for this piece of loot.
There are many weapons that Guardians can use to achieve victory in Destiny 2, with the Riiswalker being one of the best players can acquire especially if they attain one that has a god roll.
The world of Destiny 2 has plenty for players to enjoy and experience. One of the biggest attractions is the various weapons that players can collect and use in their battles.
These weapons reach their true potential when they are equipped with their god roll that contains perks that maximize their potential.
One of the strongest weapons that Destiny 2 players can get their hands on is the Riiswalker, so here is the Destiny 2 Riiswalker god roll you should be on the lookout for when trying to get the best version of this Legendary shotgun.
Destiny 2 Riiswalker God Roll
Now, the particular Destiny 2 Riiswalker god roll you want will depend on whether you will be using it for player versus environment or player versus player battles.
Perks that work well in PVE battles are not guaranteed to perform well when it comes to battling it out in the Crucible, Iron Banner, or Trials of Osiris.
With this in mind, here is the PVE and PVP Destiny 2 Riiswalker god roll for either scenario you will find yourself when playing.
- Assault Mag
- Vorpal Weapon
- Rifled Barrel
- Accurized Rounds
- Iron Reach
It is important to note that Guardians can only get this Legendary Shotgun through the Iron Banner playlist, so you will only be able to get this weapon when Iron Banner is live in the popular first-person shooter.
Unfortunately, it is not guaranteed you will get the Riiswalker god roll whenever you get this weapon, as the perks you get will be random in the same way, so you will have to pray to the loot gods that the next time you get this weapon to drop that it will have the PVE or PVP perks you want.
Image Credits: Bungie / light.gg
Apex Legends players believe Seer is inspired by music star Lil Nas X
Apex Legends players are suggesting that Seer has a very similar aesthetic to music artist Lil Nas X and may have been influential to the design.
Some Apex Legends fans are drawing on similarities between the new Legend Seer and popular musician Lil Nas X, suggesting he may have been an influence when the developers were creating the character.
Apex Legends has just dropped its brand new update featuring a variety of changes in the patch notes. As well as Legends and weapons receiving buffs and nerfs, players also get to drop in on a new Decimated World’s Edge and Ranked Arenas playlist, keeping the free-to-play FPS fresh.
As well as all this, players have also been able to get their hands on the new Legend Seer, who has an interesting kit and an intriguing aesthetic that many relate to Lil Nas X.
Lil Nas X is a popular musician who has broken onto the music scene in the last few years. The musician is known for his outlandish outfits, and most notable, his cowboy influence due to his hit song “Old Town Road” with Billy Ray Cyrus.
Lil Nas X is constantly seen sporting a cowboy hat similar to Seer’s, which seems to be the main reason for their recent comparison by Apex fans on social media.
Apex Legends Seer and Lil Nas X
Of course, both are of similar heritage, with African influence being a heavy part of Seer’s lore and design, even having a skin called “Afrofuturism.” However, the main point of comparison seems to be the personality and aesthetic similarities, possessing flamboyant and extravagant qualities.
Similar to Lil Nas X, Seer also has a musical background, with his mother being a dancer. Seer definitely possesses a spring in his step similar to that of a professional dancer, as he moves very fluidly as if every action is part of a routine.
Their outfits also have a similar aesthetic, with Lil Nas X often pictured with gold accents and a cowboy hat, much like Seer’s launch bundle skin.
Fans on Twitter have already picked up on this, with one user even putting the images side by side to compare, demanding that the devs confirm Seer has some Lil Nas X influence in his design.
We are yet to officially know whether Respawn Entertainment was influenced by Lil Nas X when they were creating Seer.
However, we know Respawn is great at representing communities and all walks of life, so we wouldn’t be surprised if this was their ode to Lil Nas X and his breaking of industry norms.
For more on Apex Legends, check out our recent article on why content creators and streamers are leaning towards Apex Legends over Warzone.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment / Wikimedia Commons
Where to place Spy Probes for Fortnite Week 9 Quests
Here’s where to find and place three Spy Probes for Fortnite Season 7’s Week 8 Legendary Quests to earn some valuable XP to level up your Battle Pass.
Fortnite Season 7’s Legendary Quests tasks players with placing three Spy Probes for the Week 9 challenges. Here’s where to find and place the probes.
Along with the 17.30 update and the upcoming Ariana Grande concert, Fortnite Season 7’s ninth batch of Legendary challenges have gone live. If players complete these challenges, they’ll net a ton of XP towards earning Battle Stars and completing the Season 7 Battle Pass.
Week 9 tasks players with completing various extraterrestrial themed challenges, such as placing Bioscanners in Alien Biomes and placing Spy Probes. Here’s where to place the three Spy Probes for the Week 9 Legendary challenges.
Although you only need to plant three, there are at least eight Spy Probes to find around the Fortnite island. These can usually be found on hilltops, where they get a good view of the surrounding area.
They’ll be marked by a blue, translucent object sticking out of the ground. Simply approach it and press your interact button, and you’ll have completed the challenge.
Fortnite Spy Probe locations
- By the road south of Holly Hedges
- By the pond between Holly Hedges and Bony Burbs
- On the south-east side of Weeping Woods, by the road
- Directly south of the Zero Point, south-east of Defiant Dish
- On the hill above Hydro 16
- Off the road west of Misty Meadows
- On the hill east of Flushed Factory
- On the hill west of the Apres Ski resort
By landing near Flushed Factory, you’ll manage to get all Fortnite three Spy Probe locations without having to travel far, and with luck, complete the Quest in one game. This will net you 30,000 XP, which will be a major boost in unlocking the Rick Sanchez skin.
For more Fortnite, check out the best PC settings for Season 7 to maximize your FPS.
Image Credit: Epic Games / Fortnite.GG
Warzone cheat provider CrazyAim taken down by Activision
Activision has taken aim at a cheater provider for Warzone as their site and discord have been shut down.
How to sign up for Battlefield 2042 technical playtest
Battlefield 2042 is on the way, and for those looking to give it a try early, here's how you can...
Team Jukeyz win World Series of Warzone EU Trios: Final standings & results
The World Series of Warzone is kicking competitive Warzone up a notch, and we have the teams, draft, standings and...