Activision Blog has shared more information on the Halloween Event in Call of Duty: Mobile, which is live through November 1. It includes free log in rewards, new themed items, and more.
Free Reward for Logging In
Want to send shivers down enemy spines?
Just for logging into the game during this event, you’ll receive a free Artic.50 sniper rifle decorated with Bat Camo. Talk about a serious treat!
A Spookier Standoff
Standoff, a beloved map from Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2, is all decked out for Halloween.
For a limited time, you can experience Standoff in the dead of night, weaving through the streets lined with jack-o-lanterns and eerie orange lights. Earn those Scorestreaks and make your enemies afraid of what lurks in the dark!
Pumpkin ID Collection
During the Halloween event, all Operators will drop Pumpkin ID cards, which can be collected for special event-related rewards. Collect as many as you can to get some wicked customization rewards, such as a bat-camo parachute for Battle Royale!
Creepy Customization Items
Throughout the event, the Shop, Lucky Draw, and more will have Halloween-themed customization items. These range from a new soldier to Trick-or-Treat skins, and more weapons that have been cursed with the Zombie Gene camo!
Collect as many as you can and get into the Halloween spirit with these cool additions to your arsenal.
Incoming Operator Skill: Sparrow
Straight from Outrider’s weapon cache, the Sparrow arrives to Call of Duty: Mobile as a new Operator Skill for Multiplayer.
During the Halloween event, you can complete various tasks in Multiplayer –and Battle Royale matches to collect points that will help you earn this awesome weapon.
If you played Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3 or 4 you may be familiar with the Sparrow, but if you haven’t, this Operator Skill is a bow and arrow with explosive payloads. Aim for enemy targets and watch out for splash damage!
The Call of Duty: Mobile team has released their latest community update on Reddit and have announced that the new Halloween event is starting in Call of Duty: Mobile!
As part of the Halloween event in the mobile game, players will get new cosmetic themed content to unlock and get, alongside new LTMs.
There’s also a Halloween themed remake of Black Ops 2’s Standoff map now live in Call of Duty: Mobile in select playlists.
Activision says more details on the Halloween event are coming in a blog post on October 21.
News & Updates
There are plenty of specific events coming up this week, some of which are listed below, but we are ‘dying’ to share one major event with you…
As you have seen in-game, we have our first seasonal event is starting up just in time for Halloween!
Starting today there will be limited-time content releasing throughout the event period. Check out plenty of new treats to acquire, new skills to master in BR, new limited time modes, and more. The team dug up something early for everyone, so enjoy a Halloween themed version of Black Ops 2′ Standoff map before the ghosts and ghouls take over. Find it now in TDM, S&D, or Domination.
We have patch notes up in-game giving an overview of the event along with some changes, but we’ll have an Activision blog releasing on October 21st that will cover more of those tantalizing and terrifying details about that event! Keep an eye on that general Activision Games Blog area for that post.
- 10/18 ~ Halloween event begins
- 10/18 ~ Sniper Only Mode + Sniper Only Challenge
- 10/21 ~ Sparrow Operator Skill Event
*All Dates UTC
That’s just a taste of the frightful delights coming throughout this event, so just keep a watchful eye out for more news and information.
Last week we addressed a few points of feedback and we’ve continued to receive excellent feedback across the community. Thank you everyone who takes the time to share that with us!
With this new event coming, please keep that feedback coming and let us know what you think of it and what kind of events you would like to see in the future. We would love the hear all of it, even if you don’t like it. It will all go towards crafting more fantastic events in the future. But for now, let’s go over a few recently popular topics.
- This continues to be something frequently discussed in the community and we just want to thank everyone who has sent in videos and reported players in-game. These player reports are something the that team cares a great deal about. We’ll keep doing our best to keep cheaters out of your matches and to make sure those who don’t intend to play fair are caught.
Limited Time Modes
- We’ve seen plenty of you saying you love FFA and Gun Game and that you would like them to be permanent. It is truly wonderful that you all are taking the time to not only try those modes but that you enjoy them so much that you want them to stick around. All we can say for now is please just keep leaving feedback on them. It matters.
Master Ranks & Progression
- The team is really impressed by the most dedicated players that have already hit the highest possible rank. So what’s next for you? Don’t worry, there is plenty more coming and we aim to continue to find ways to reward your rise to the top. More on that in future updates.
Just a reminder, while we are always looking for feedback in community spaces, you can also report that in-game (hint – look under the ? icon next to the messages icon).Bug Reports
For any issue please reach out to Activision Support through the in-game options, but if you are unable to reach out in-game then there is always an online option available through social media or through Contact Us.
- We have seen many reports of a potential bug where the reload animation on weapons is not synced up with the actual time it takes to reload. This issue is already well under investigation and we don’t need any additional reports but thank you everyone who submitted videos and clear examples of what was occurring.
- Like we mentioned last week, there are some troubleshooting options if you experience issues linking your Facebook. First, please try clearing your cache on your phone, then log back into the Facebook app, and lastly try logging in again on the COD Mobile login page. You can find a step by step breakdown of how to clear your cache on Activision Support’s COD Mobile FAQ.
- If you encounter any issues purchasing anything from the in-game store, whether it is COD Points or a specific item, please make sure the transaction was successful, wait a few hours & restart the game in case there is a delay, and if you still don’t see the purchase please contact Player Support.