From World at War to Black Ops 4, these are the top 5 Wonder Weapons in Treyarch’s Call of Duty Zombies
When Treyarch first brought to life the Zombies game mode in 2008 with Call of Duty World at War, they didn’t skimp on style. While almost all the guns at your disposal on Nacht der Untoten were based on real life weapons, the developers sneaked in a tasty treat known as the Ray Gun. A gun pulled straight out of the sci-fi pulp magazines of yesteryear, this became Call of Duty’s first Wonder Weapon.
With over 50 Wonder Weapons featured throughout five Treyarch titles, it may be hard to keep track of them all. To help you remember which ones still reign supreme, here are my top five (in no order) Wonder Weapons I have ever had the pleasure to lay hands on.
Note: This list is comprised of only Treyarch Wonder Weapons. While the folks at Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer definitely cooked up some great guns in Infinite Warfare and WWII, those guns were not considered for this article.
More canon than gun, the Thunder Gun was many players first Wonder Weapon. For those whose Zombies career began on Kino der Toten, this gun holds a special place in their hearts.
With infinite damage at close range, the Thunder Gun could take out a whole train of zombies in one blast. When upgraded to the Zeus Cannon, this gun gains increased reload speeds and an extra two blasts per clip.
While this baby may be too much to handle for some more novice players, the Thunder Gun was a must have weapon for anyone attempting high rounds on Kino and Ascension.
Arguably the most recognizable Wonder Weapon in Call of Duty history, the Monkey Bomb is an outright necessity in most Zombies map. A tactical grenade that distracts all zombies around it, allowing you to reload, run away, or just rest your hands for a couple seconds.
While it does take a few seconds to wind up before throwing, it has the potential to create moments that players will never forget.
Getting cornered by a hoard of zombies with no ammo, realizing you’re seconds away from going down, then releasing a monkey from your hands to save the day. That’s what Zombies is about.
The quintessential experiment of a crazy German scientist, the WunderWaffe DG-2 shoots straight electricity.
While the Thundergun sends Zombies flying out of the map, the WunderWaffe would electrify whole swarms of them right in front of you, adding a certain kind of flavor that the Zombies mode continues to embrace.
Even though it was first introduced on Shi No Numa, it perfectly mimics the look and feel of Der Riese with the electric bulbs and spikes matching the teleporter’s design.
The map Ascension didn’t really care to be all that conventional. The first map to not include one of the main four perks, Double Tap, and instead replace it with two new ones also had the bravery to replace Monkey Bombs with a new contraption.
The Gersh Device, like the WunderWaffe DG-2, is another example of a Wonder Weapon that embraces the map, and story, surrounding it. Created by the eponymous Dr. Gersh, players use this device to free him as part of the maps easter egg quest.
Though it takes a tad longer to throw than a Monkey Bomb, the visually stunning portal it creates is worth the wait. Sucking up all zombies around it, this feels like the Monkey Bombs on steroid. While it’s unfortunate we don’t see it on more maps, I think the rarity makes it that much better.
There has not been a Wonder Weapon that has provided as much laughs, rage, and overall fun more than the Sliquifier. Exclusively found in Black Ops II’s Die Rise map, this gun shoots purple liquid that causes players and zombies to slip and slide around the floor.
In higher rounds, when camping with three friends on the roof with this gun, chaos is sure to ensue. Whether you’re causing your friends to slip straight into zombie hoards, or you’re the one slipping on your friends liquid, the whole lobby is in for a wild time.
Outside the hilarity, in a skilled players hands, the Sliquifier can chain kill ridiculous amounts of zombies with one blast. Bundle that in with the fact that it’s extremely easy to build, this Wonder Weapon deserves its place on the top five.
Does your top five match mine? Let us know in the comments below how you would rank your top five Wonder Weapons in Treyarch Zombies!
PlayStation Plus games lineup: All PS Plus Extra & Premium titles
Sony have revealed the lineup of games that will be available with the new and improved version of PlayStation Plus.
The PlayStation Plus subscription service will undergo various changes, and here’s a list of PS Plus games you can expect to have access to following the overhaul.
Throughout the months of May and June, Sony will be rolling out a revamped version of PlayStation Plus. The core concept for the service will remain unchanged but Sony are introducing subscription tiers to PS Plus.
This means the massive catalog of games available to PS Plus subscribers will depend on which of the three options you select. We’ll go through the different tier options below, and detail all the PS Plus games that will be available at launch.
PlayStation Plus changes & tiers explained
PlayStation Plus has always offered an all-encompassing service to those who subscribe. That’s all going to change as players will soon have the chance to choose between three different tiers. Essentially, you’ll be able to choose the tier that best suits your needs.
PlayStation Plus Essential is the lowest tier on offer and it is the option that is comparable to the current service. If you’re happy with your current PS Plus subscription and are not interested in new features, Essential is the way to go.
If you’re looking for more content like a massive library of games, then you’ll want to look into the Extra and Premium tiers. Extra will grant you access to a catalog of PS4 and PS5 games, while Premium will also add PS3, PS2, PSP, and PlayStation libraries to the mix.
To find out which tier is right for you and how much each tier costs per month you can visit the PlayStation blog that details the changes coming to PS Plus in the summer of 2022.
All PS Plus games list: Premium & Extra catalog
While the focus is definitely on PlayStation games whose studios are affiliated with Sony like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Marvel’s Spider-Man, and Uncharted, you’ll also be pleasantly surprised to see third-party titles available via PS Plus.
Games like Mortal Kombat 11, NBA 2K22, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are not out of reach for players who opt for PlayStation Plus’ Extra or Premium tiers. You’ll be able to access this incredible library of games seen below for a monthly fee.
PlayStation Plus Premium Games
- Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
- Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP
Third Party Partners
- Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation
- Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation
PlayStation Studios (remasters)
- Ape Escape 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- FantaVision | SIE, PS4
- Hot Shots Tennis | Japan Studio, PS4
- Jak II | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak 3| Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak X: Combat Racing | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Rogue Galaxy | Japan Studio, PS4
- Siren | Japan Studio, PS4
- Wild Arms 3 | SIE, PS4
Third Party Partners (remasters)
- Baja: Edge of Control HD | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Bioshock Remastered | 2K Games, PS4
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection | 2K Games, PS4
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition | Gearbox Publishing, PS4
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Lego Harry Potter Collection | WB Games, PS4
PlayStation Plus Extra and PlayStation Plus Premium Games
While the Sony blog wasn’t clear on the fact, it seems that games with asterisks beside their names will only be available to PlayStation Premium members, which is the highest tier available. We’ll update this section with official confirmation once we know more about the situation.
- Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
- Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
- Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
- Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
- Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
- Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
- Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
- Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
- Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
- Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
- God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla Games, PS4
- Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
- LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
- LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
- Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
- MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
- Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
- Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
- Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
- Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
- The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
- The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
- The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
- Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4
- Ashen | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla*** | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
- Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
- Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
- Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
- Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
- Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
- Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
- Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
- Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
- Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4
- Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
- Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
- The Crew 2*** | Ubisoft, PS4
While these are the titles expected to be available when the new version of PlayStation Plus launches, don’t be surprised to see this extensive catalog updated with brand-new games as months go by.
Keep an eye out for the new iteration of PS Plus to launch on June 13 in NA, and June 23 in Europe.
For more gaming news, check out how Elden Ring dethroned Vanguard as the best-selling game of the last year.
Image Credits: Ubisoft / Sony / Insomniac Games / Rockstar Games / Santa Monica Studio / WB Games / Sucker Punch / Kojima Productions / Housemarque
Vanguard devs officially roll out long-awaited multiplayer spawn changes
Vanguard devs have used the data and feedback provided by players and the Experimental Playlist to finally tweak the game’s spawns.
After analyzing data and feedback from the Experimental Playlist, Vanguard devs have finally delivered a proper fix to major spawn issues.
Vanguard’s subpar spawn logic has been the number one complaint from avid players since the game’s release.
A few weeks ago, the devs put a plan in place to finally fix Vanguard’s spawns. On March 25, players received an Experimental Playlist meant to test the quality of spawns.
The devs also requested that players submit feedback on the state of Vanguard spawns and their overall multiplayer experience. All this valuable data has been used to finally provide a permanent fix to Vanguard spawns across multiplayer maps.
At first, the Experimental Playlist only included small Vanguard maps where poor spawn logic was common. Players continued to report spawn issues on Dome, Shipment, and Das Haus as the devs collected feedback.
Spawning next to enemies or enemy bullets is not a pleasant experience and hopefully, players will no longer have to deal with this problem. Later on, the Playlist expanded to incorporate maps of all sizes, which means the overall Vanguard experience on every map could have improved for the better.
As you can see from Sledgehammer’s Tweet above, the devs claim that “the spawn adjustments have proven beneficial.” As of April 12, the spawn changes are live which means that you should notice an improvement on all maps.
Interestingly enough, Sledgehammer has yet to reveal patch notes that detail the various changes. Additional information would be vital to understanding the impact of these spawn changes, so hopefully, players will get their hands on patch notes soon enough.
It’ll be up to the players to decide whether or not they feel the spawn quality has improved but these are certainly positive words from the team in charge.
For more Vanguard, check out how the #2 Ranked player got exposed after showing his wallhack cheats on stream.
Image Credit: Activision
JGOD reveals their favorite Call of Duty Perk of all time
Call of Duty content creator JGOD recently revealed their favorite Multiplayer Perk of all time, a pick that many may have forgotten about.
JGOD let the community know his favorite Call of Duty Perk of all time, which many new players may not even have used before, especially as it’s not available in Warzone.
JGOD is known for their in-depth content for Call of Duty games, especially Warzone. The Youtuber often looks into the stats and details for weapons and loadouts, figuring out the best attachments,Perks, and equipment to use.
With that being said, it’s often great to hear JGOD’s personal opinions on their favorite things to use in Call of Duty, which is exactly what he gave when our Twitter page asked the community what the best CoD Perk of all time is.
Our CharlieINTEL Twitter page asked the CoD community what the best Call of Duty Perk of all time is.
For those in the community who have been following the franchise since the CoD 4 days, this question is much harder to answer simply because there have been so many great Perks over the years that haven’t returned or just aren’t in Warzone.
- Read more: How to lower input lag in Warzone
JGOD is one of those players who has been in the community for a long time, so their pick might have some of the modern players slightly bemused.
The content creator’s pick for their favorite CoD Perk of all time is Stalker from Modern Warfare 3, which was released back in 2011. This Perk got rid of all movement penalties while aiming down sights.
This allowed players to strafe effectively while using an LMG, Sniper Rifle, and any other weapon with poor mobility, which was very effective in MW3.
The Perk basically turned Assault Rifles into SMGs, meaning they were effective at close and long ranges.
Further, if players unlocked the Pro version of the Perk, it also delayed Bouncing Betty, Claymore, and IMS detection, which were very strong equipment in MW3.
Although Stalker returned in Call of Duty: Ghosts, the description was slightly different from the MW3 version, and clearly, JGOD’s post is the Perk image from MW3.
Other popular Call of Duty players also weighed in on the debate, with Optic Hitch also sharing their opinion in the comments, stating that MW2’s Ninja Pro was the best Perk of all time: “Ninja Pro MW2. Not close.”
Everyone will have their preference as the best Call of Duty Perk of all time comes down to personal opinion, but Stalker is definitely not a bad shout.
For more on Call of Duty, check out everything we currently know about Modern Warfare II.
Image Credits: Activision / JGOD
Genius Warzone trick completely counters getting stuck by Thermites
Getting stuck with a Thermite in Warzone usually means certain death, but a genius trick is allowing players to survive...
How to complete FIFA 22 Flashback Verratti SBC
Ultimate Team players can add an elite Italian midfielder to their squad during the Ligue 1 TOTS promo in FIFA...
Incredible Warzone 2 art uses leaks to reveal what new map could look like
With the help of leaks, one Call of Duty fan has developed an image of what believe the Warzone 2...