From World at War to Black Ops 4, these are the top 5 Wonder Weapons in Treyarch’s Call of Duty Zombies
When Treyarch first brought to life the Zombies game mode in 2008 with Call of Duty World at War, they didn’t skimp on style. While almost all the guns at your disposal on Nacht der Untoten were based on real life weapons, the developers sneaked in a tasty treat known as the Ray Gun. A gun pulled straight out of the sci-fi pulp magazines of yesteryear, this became Call of Duty’s first Wonder Weapon.
With over 50 Wonder Weapons featured throughout five Treyarch titles, it may be hard to keep track of them all. To help you remember which ones still reign supreme, here are my top five (in no order) Wonder Weapons I have ever had the pleasure to lay hands on.
Note: This list is comprised of only Treyarch Wonder Weapons. While the folks at Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer definitely cooked up some great guns in Infinite Warfare and WWII, those guns were not considered for this article.
More canon than gun, the Thunder Gun was many players first Wonder Weapon. For those whose Zombies career began on Kino der Toten, this gun holds a special place in their hearts.
With infinite damage at close range, the Thunder Gun could take out a whole train of zombies in one blast. When upgraded to the Zeus Cannon, this gun gains increased reload speeds and an extra two blasts per clip.
While this baby may be too much to handle for some more novice players, the Thunder Gun was a must have weapon for anyone attempting high rounds on Kino and Ascension.
Arguably the most recognizable Wonder Weapon in Call of Duty history, the Monkey Bomb is an outright necessity in most Zombies map. A tactical grenade that distracts all zombies around it, allowing you to reload, run away, or just rest your hands for a couple seconds.
While it does take a few seconds to wind up before throwing, it has the potential to create moments that players will never forget.
Getting cornered by a hoard of zombies with no ammo, realizing you’re seconds away from going down, then releasing a monkey from your hands to save the day. That’s what Zombies is about.
The quintessential experiment of a crazy German scientist, the WunderWaffe DG-2 shoots straight electricity.
While the Thundergun sends Zombies flying out of the map, the WunderWaffe would electrify whole swarms of them right in front of you, adding a certain kind of flavor that the Zombies mode continues to embrace.
Even though it was first introduced on Shi No Numa, it perfectly mimics the look and feel of Der Riese with the electric bulbs and spikes matching the teleporter’s design.
The map Ascension didn’t really care to be all that conventional. The first map to not include one of the main four perks, Double Tap, and instead replace it with two new ones also had the bravery to replace Monkey Bombs with a new contraption.
The Gersh Device, like the WunderWaffe DG-2, is another example of a Wonder Weapon that embraces the map, and story, surrounding it. Created by the eponymous Dr. Gersh, players use this device to free him as part of the maps easter egg quest.
Though it takes a tad longer to throw than a Monkey Bomb, the visually stunning portal it creates is worth the wait. Sucking up all zombies around it, this feels like the Monkey Bombs on steroid. While it’s unfortunate we don’t see it on more maps, I think the rarity makes it that much better.
There has not been a Wonder Weapon that has provided as much laughs, rage, and overall fun more than the Sliquifier. Exclusively found in Black Ops II’s Die Rise map, this gun shoots purple liquid that causes players and zombies to slip and slide around the floor.
In higher rounds, when camping with three friends on the roof with this gun, chaos is sure to ensue. Whether you’re causing your friends to slip straight into zombie hoards, or you’re the one slipping on your friends liquid, the whole lobby is in for a wild time.
Outside the hilarity, in a skilled players hands, the Sliquifier can chain kill ridiculous amounts of zombies with one blast. Bundle that in with the fact that it’s extremely easy to build, this Wonder Weapon deserves its place on the top five.
Does your top five match mine? Let us know in the comments below how you would rank your top five Wonder Weapons in Treyarch Zombies!
Clever Warzone Heartbeat Sensor nerf idea could destroy Ghost meta
Ghost is one of the most common picks when it comes to Warzone perks, but a Heartbeat Sensor nerf idea could shake up the perk meta.
The Heartbeat Sensor has long been one of Warzone’s most powerful gadgets, forcing players to use the Ghost Perk. However, a clever nerf idea could counter offer much more Perk and equipment variety.
Warzone’s Perk and equipment meta has almost never changed since its March 2020 launch. Although Raven Software added Tempered to the second Perk slot, according to WZ Ranked, Ghost is still used in 60% of loadouts.
And this is all because of the Heartbeat Sensor, which is also used in 60% of loadouts.
Ghost is currently the only counter to Heartbeat Sensors, but a clever nerf idea would limit its effectiveness, perhaps allowing for more Perk variety in Season 6.
Reddit user XIDan1 suggested that the Heartbeat Sensor should have a battery that depletes with each use. Once dead, it could be charged through an Ammo Crate, or a new Sensor must be picked up.
It’s currently the only piece of Equipment with unlimited uses, so some pointed out that this would bring it in line with Stuns and Smokes.
- Read more: How to fix Warzone Status Savannah error
The OP suggested that the Heartbeat Sensor nerf would counter campers, but many players disagreed. While campers do use the Heartbeat Sensor to spot any approaching enemies, they’re also extremely useful for rooting out players camping in an attic or staircase.
A few said that the nerf is unnecessary because you can use Ghost, but others said that this makes Ghost a “crutch perk.” With UAVs and Heartbeat Sensors readily available, players said you’re “at a massive disadvantage” if you don’t choose Ghost from your first loadout.
If the Heartbeat Sensors were less powerful, there might be a shift in Ghost’s pick rate, and plenty of other Perks could enter the meta. But, there’s no guarantee that a Heartbeat Sensor nerf would ultimately end the Ghost supremacy, as UAVs are still extremely powerful tools.
Image Credit: Activision
Cold War October 19 update patch notes: The Haunting, Zombies changes & more
Treyarch Studios has rolled out the Black Ops Cold War October 19 update patch notes, and we have everything you need to know covered.
The Black Oops Cold War October 19 update patch notes have been revealed by Treyarch Studios, and they provide a great deal of information for The Haunting event and other major changes.
Season 6 has been an exciting time for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, with players being able to go into battle with the new Grav and .410 Ironhide weapons and experience the adrenaline-fueled action of the new Forsaken Zombies map.
The excitement in Black Ops Cold War is set to ramp up even more with the arrival of The Haunting event, and Treyarch Studios has provided a detailed summary of everything that will be happening when the Halloween event launches in the Black Ops Cold war October 19 update patch notes.
You can find everything you need to know about the Cold War October 19 update patch notes below:
Black Ops Cold War October 19 update patch notes
THE HAUNTING BEGINS OCT. 19
Do you like scary movies? We sure do.
Spooky season is our favorite time of year, and it’s coming to Call of Duty®.The Haunting Event begins at 10AM PT today with new Halloween-themed content in Multiplayer, Zombies, and Warzone™ through November 2nd. Take on 18 challenges to unlock new seasonal rewards, and complete a full set of challenges in either Black Ops Cold War or Warzone to unlock the LAPA SMG.
Here’s what’s coming to Black Ops Cold War,starting at 10AM PT:
- The Haunting Event (Oct. 19 – Nov. 2)
- New Event Reward Weapon: LAPA SMG
- New Limited-Time Bundles: Scream & Donnie Darko
- New Halloween Bundles: Ghost of War, Necro Queen, Disciple of Mayhem
- + More in-season, including the Hammer & Sickle Melee weapon
- New Map: Nuketown Halloween
- New Modes: Scream Deathmatch, Infected, Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt
- New Feature: Scare Packages
- Multiplayer Event Challenges & Rewards
- Halloween Updates: Jack O’Lantern Drops, Pumpkin Heads, Scare Packages, and Spooky Soundtrack
- New Mode: Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- Outbreak Survival added to Private and Solo
- Zombies Event Challenges & Rewards
Get the details on all the new content coming during The Haunting at the Call of Duty Blog, and check out the patch notes below for everything new since our last update, including a fresh round of stability improvements and bug fixes in Zombies.
We’re delivering new seasonal MP content during The Haunting, including the new Nuketown Halloween map decorated with plenty of tricks and treats to discover. The Nuketown Halloween dedicated playlist will be live throughout the event, along with three new modes.
We’re just dying for everyone to jump into Scream Deathmatch, where two players become masked killers chasing after the screams of their prey. Infected comes to Black Ops Cold War with new twists: it’s 18-player Zombies vs. Survivors mayhem, where Survivors now earn bonuses with each Zombie they kill. And Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt delivers a creepy new collection of props to hunt in Nuketown Halloween, including gravestones, skulls, witch hats, coffins, spiders, and more.
Don’t forget to update your Scorestreak selection and call in some Scare Packages for a surprise!
The Zombies team is scaring up lots of new Halloween updates in all round-based maps, Outbreak, and Onslaught modes during The Haunting, including one of our most intense Zombies modes to date!
Watch for the new Jack O’Lantern item drop for a chance to pick up Wonder Weapons, Support Weapons, Ammo Mods, Chalices, Aether Tools, and high-level Armor. Scare Packages containing high-value rewards will now spawn every five rounds and in every Outbreak Region. Zombies with pumpkin heads have arrived, offering Essence bonuses to players who shoot them off… and the audio team has cooked up a hair-raising new soundtrack to get you into the spirit.
If you’re searching for a devilish new challenge, look no further than Hallows’ Eve Outbreak. This new mode drops players into the Outbreak Zone with one mission: survive for 10 minutes against increasingly aggressive waves of zombies in a single Region before Exfil begins. At first, the difficulty seems manageable… and then everything goes to hell very quickly.
The challenge ramps up every two minutes, zombie spawns are constantly pushed to the max, and enemies are always aware of your position. If you’re skilled enough to survive all 10 minutes, the Exfil point will appear at the location farthest from your squad.
Good luck… you’re going to need it.
“GHOST OF WAR” VANGUARD PRE-ORDER BONUS
Ready to get even spookier? Digitally pre-order Call of Duty: Vanguard and get the “Ghost of War” Ultra Skin in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone for a limited time, starting Oct. 22nd. Already pre-ordered? This new Operator Skin will automatically be added to your inventory on Friday.
Here’s what to expect when The Haunting begins at 10AM PT:
- The Haunting
- The Haunting Event live from October 19th to November 2nd in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
- Complete event challenges in both games to unlock new in-game rewards, including the new LAPA SMG.
- New SMG available via event challenges.
- Complete a full set of 9 challenges in either Black Ops Cold War or Warzone during The Haunting Event to unlock the LAPA.
- Nuketown Halloween
- Special Halloween version of Nuketown ‘84 added to Multiplayer rotation during The Haunting Event.
- Scream Deathmatch
- Scream Deathmatch added to Multiplayer Featured Playlists.
- Two random players will become Ghostface and must eliminate all Survivors.
- Survivors will have no weapons and must run and hide from the killers.
- Survivors will periodically scream throughout the match, giving away their position and forcing them to stay on the move.
- The match ends when the killers have killed all Survivors, or when a final Survivor rises up to defeat the killers.
- Infected added to Multiplayer Featured Playlists. Supports up to 18 players.
- Zombies attempt to kill the Survivors to add them to the undead team.
- The remaining Survivors win if they beat the clock, or the Zombies win if they turn every Survivor.
- Survivors will earn a bonus with each Zombie they kill:
- Bonus to reload speed
- Bonus to ADS speed
- Bonus to movement speed
- Bonus to slide speed
- Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt
- Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt added to Party Games and Nuketown Halloween Featured Playlists.
- New Halloween-themed props include skulls, jack-o’-lanterns, spiders, and more on the Nuketown Halloween map.
- Call in Halloween-themed Care Packages for some tricks and treats. 🙂
- Nuketown Halloween
- Nuketown Halloween added to Featured Playlists.
- Includes Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt. Mode voting enabled.
- Nuketown Halloween [NEW] (includes Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt)
- Scream Deathmatch [NEW]
- Infected [NEW]
- Gunfight Tournament [NEW]
- Face Off 6v6
- 12v12 Moshpit
- Party Games (includes Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt)
- Jack O’Lantern Drops
- Zombies have a chance to drop the new Jack O’Lantern item for additional rewards, including Wonder Weapons, Support Weapons, Ammo Mods, Chalices, Aether Tools, and high-level Armor.
- Scare Packages
- During The Haunting Event, Scare Packages containing high-value rewards will spawn every five rounds in round-based maps, and in every Outbreak Region.
- Pumpkin Heads
- Zombies with pumpkin heads will appear in all modes. These weak points have low health and can be shot off for Essence bonuses.
- Spooky Soundtrack
- Added new Halloween in-game music during The Haunting.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- New Outbreak mode available during The Haunting.
- Players must survive against increasingly aggressive hordes in a single Region for 10 minutes before Exfil begins.
- Difficulty ramps up every 2 minutes, and zombie spawns are constantly at maximum. Zombies are always aware of the squad’s location.
- The Orda battle is the only available World Event.
- After 10 minutes, Exfil will begin at the location farthest from the squad.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- Outbreak Survival
- Outbreak Survival mode now available in Private and Solo matches.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to become invisible while playing an arcade game.
- Addressed several erroneous out of bounds warnings within legitimate play spaces.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to be erroneously teleported while in the Observation Tower space.
- Addressed an issue that caused the arcade activation prompts to appear when already occupied or during Exfil.
- Addressed an issue that caused players to receive the previous rewards when restarting the Der Eisendrache pinball game but not participating.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to not retain Support items acquired during the Der Eisendrache pinball game.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Abomination to become stuck on the Main Street bridge.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Abomination to use the Special enemy icon on the mini-map instead of the Elite enemy icon.
- Addressed a rare issue that could caused the Abomination to be moved nearby after a charge attack.
- Addressed an issue that could cause zombies to not visibly disintegrate properly when hit with the Abomination’s Beam Attack.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Abomination from being able to destroy respawned Aetherium crystals.
- Addressed an issue that could allow the Disciple to follow players into arcade mini-games.
- Wonder Weapons
- Addressed an issue that prevented ammo from being granted when Pack-a-Punching the Chrysalax to Tier II or III.
- Main Quest
- Addressed an issue that caused Ammo Caches to disappear during the later steps of the Main Quest.
- Addressed an issue that caused players to be granted 1,000 Essence instead of 500 when starting a new match.
- Closed various exploit areas where players could not be reached by enemies.
- Closed various exploits related to the use of PhD Slider or the Sai Melee weapon to slide to unintended areas.
- Added stability fixes related to the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon.
- Added stability fixes related to the Pizza Delivery side quest in “Forsaken.”
- Added a stability fix related to the Aetherium Neutralizer in the “Forsaken” Main Quest.
- Added a stability fix related to the Main Quest debris barricade in “Forsaken.”
- Added stability fixes related to the Abomination.
- Added a stability fix related to the ARC-XD Support Weapon.
- Added a stability fix related to Duel Wield weapons with Ammo Mods.
- Added a stability fix for a crash that could occur when a player was downed.
- Addressed an issue that caused a non-functional Tombstone Stash to spawn when dying without the Perk after having had the Perk during a previous life.
- Closed some invincibility exploits related to use of the ARC-XD.
- Addressed an issue that caused incorrect ammo to be granted to the D.E.A.D. Joltsurge Wonder weapon when receiving the Max Ammo power-up.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak [NEW]
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3 (Standard and First-Person)
- Onslaught (PlayStation®)
- Onslaught Elite (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
Source: Treyarch Studios
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch Studios
Warzone October 18 update patch notes: Grav buff, Iron Trials private matches & more
Raven Software has officially rolled out the Warzone October 18 update patch notes, and we have everything you need to know covered.
The Warzone October 18 update patch notes have some exciting changes in them for the fan-favorite Call of Duty battle royale, and we have everything you need to know covered.
Season 6 has been an exciting time for Call of Duty: Warzone, as significant map changes and the upcoming arrival of The Haunting event that includes Ghostface and Donnie Darko skins have brought plenty of action to the battle royale.
That has not stopped Raven Software from continuing to work on updates for the game. The latest one is the Warzone October 18 update patch notes that provide a buff for the Grav Assault Rifle and Iron Trials ’84 settings in private matches.
You can find everything you need to know about the Warzone October 18 update patch notes below:
Warzone October 18 update patch notes
- Iron Trials ‘84 game mode enabled for Private Matches
- This includes versions for all Squad sizes (Solos, Duos, Trios, Quads)
- All versions of this mode are currently limited to 132 Players
- We intend to increase this limit to 150 Players at a later date
» Assault Rifles «
- Grav (BOCW)
- Recoil decreased
- Fixed an issue causing Contracts to not appear highlighted when pinged on the Tac Map.
- Fixed an issue causing Contracts to not spawn in the Clash game mode.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to earn an incorrect amount of XP in the Clash game mode.
- Fixed an issue causing some Players to be removed from matches by being incorrectly recognized as AFK.
- Fixed an issue causing the .410 Ironhide (BOCW) to not unlock as intended when reaching Tier 15 in the Season Six Battle Pass.
- Fixed an issue causing the “Start Looking For Party” option to kick Players back to the main menu.
- Fixed an issue causing the Tracer Pack: Fuze Operator Bundle Mission to not progress.
- Fixed an issue causing XP gain for Vanguard Weapons to display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where a Player’s name would appear misaligned in the end-of-match Exfil cinematic.
- Fixed an issue where the Sai (BOCW) Unlock Challenge incorrectly referenced Challenges from a past event.
- Fixed an issue with the Krig 6 (BOCW) that would cause the camera to become misaligned when firing the Weapon.
- Fixed several issues on Rebirth Island allowing Players to access out-of-bounds areas.
- Fixed several issues related to unlocking content when purchasing the new Tracer Pack: Gilded Agent Bundle.
- Fixed various UI issues while browsing with the Battle Pass menu.
Source: Raven Software
Image Credits: Activision
Best LAPA loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 6
The LAPA is the final SMG to arrive in Black Ops Cold War and the here's how to make the...
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team promotion calendar: Every FUT special card
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team has a long road of special cards and promotions ahead, so we've put together every single...
How to play Warzone night mode in The Haunting event
Warzone players were excited to see the return of the fan-favorite night mode, so here's how to play it in...