Runaway Boulders are a brand-new addition in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, and we’ve got you covered with their locations on the map as well as how to dislodge them.
Fortnite received a plethora of brand-new content in the Chapter 3, Season 3 update, and Runaway Boulders are a new feature that you can use to take your enemies by surprise in battle.
Where to find Runaway Boulders in Fortnite
Runaway Boulders can normally be found on mountains and tall hills at various locations across the map. We were able to find a few of them near the Reality Falls and Rave Cave POIs.
- Read more: Best Fortnite landing spots
We’ve marked many of these locations on the Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 map. Once you find one of these Runaway Boulders, you can dislodge them and they’ll roll onto unsuspecting enemies on the ground.
How to dislodge a Runaway Boulder with a baller in Fortnite
In order to complete the Week 2 Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 Quest, you’ll need to acquire one of the new Baller vehicles and then use it to dislodge a single Runaway Boulder.
Here’s how you can get this done:
- Head to Rave Cave
- Enter one of the Ballers there
- Drive the Baller to the nearest Runaway Boulder
- Press the boost button when aiming at the Runaway Boulder
Once you hit the boulder, it will dislodge and you’ll be awarded 15,000 XP for your efforts. You can then complete the ‘enter the wind tunnel in a Baller at the Screwballer’ challenge nearby to earn even more XP.
For more Fortnite content, check out how to use Geysers to launch yourself in the air in Fortnite and everything we know about the Fortnite x Naruto Rivals crossover.
Image credits: Epic Games / Fortnite.GG
How to spectate in Fortnite Chapter 3
Watching over players can be educational or down-right hilarious, but how do you spectate in Fortnite Chapter 3?
Spectating other players in Fortnite can be a great way to learn more about the game by watching how better opponents play, or simply good fun to see what others get up to. If you’d like to watch somebody else’s gameplay, here’s everything you need to know about how to spectate in Fortnite.
For many, the sole reason to jump onto Fortnite is to leap out of the Battle Bus, hurtle towards the map below, and eliminate enemies for a Victory Royale. For some though, it’s just as fun to watch other people play, whether to learn or just for some laughs.
While Epic Games keep adding new content to the game with every seasonal patch, one thing that disappeared was the ability to watch anyone’s game at any time.
While there are now some restrictions on who you can spectate, and when, there are still ways to settle back and observe matches. Here’s everything you need to know about spectating in Fortnite Chapter 3.
How to spectate friends in Fortnite Chapter 3
To spectate your friends in Fortnite, you’ll need to join their lobby, as the ‘Watch Game’ feature is no longer available.
- Read More: Best Fortnite PC settings
Once you’ve joined your friend’s lobby, you’ll have to wait for 30 seconds after their match has started before you can see what they’re up to. This delay means you won’t see them jump out of the Battle Bus or land on the ground, but you should arrive just in time to see them engage opponents.
Can I spectate strangers in Fortnite Chapter 3?
Unfortunately, the only way to spectate strangers in Fortnite Chapter 3 is to watch players who eliminate you from a match.
When an enemy takes you down, you’ll immediately be shown your final placement, along with a list of options to start a new match or head back to the pre-game lobby. The game will also show you what your opponent is up to after they killed you, and you can watch the match all the way to the end via this method.
- Read More: All Fortnite NPC locations
You’ll not be able to watch strangers from the pre-game lobby though, as the ‘Watch Game’ feature has been removed from the game entirely.
Why was Fortnite’s spectate feature removed?
While Epic Games didn’t give any details on the reason why they removed it, popular opinion suggests that stream sniping was the main reason it got axed.
Players would enlist friends to watch ongoing matches and call out enemy locations, making it easy for teams to essentially cheat their way to a victory.
- Read More: How many people play Fortnite?
Of course, it’s still possible to stream snipe opponents who are broadcasting their gameplay on streaming sites like Twitch or YouTube, but the delay means it isn’t quite as effective as this method.
If watching other players has you wondering how good you are, make sure to check out the average Fortnite kill/death ratio to see how you stack up.
Image Credits: Epic Games
How to complete Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 Quests: Week 4 challenge guide
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, brings new Quests every week, so here’s how to complete each week’s set of challenges.
A new Fortnite Season means new Weekly Quests to complete, so here’s how to complete all of Week 4’s challenges in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, as well as all of the Quests you might have missed but can still complete.
Season 3 of Fortnite Chapter 3 brought Darth Vader, Indiana Jones, and plenty of new mechanics to the battle royale, and Epic Games didn’t stop there. New items such as the Grapple Glove are being added almost every week and there are also Weekly Quests to help you finish the Battle Pass.
Epic Games have done away with Punchcards, so you simply need to complete the challenges found in Season 3’s Quests screen. You’ll get 15k XP for each one you complete, so it’s well worth your time. Here’s how to complete the Week 4 Quests, and when you can expect Week 5’s to go live.
How to complete Fortnite Season 3, Week 4 Quests
Here are all of the Week 4 Quests in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3:
- Damage opponents while in a vehicle (250) – 15,000 XP
- Destroy structures with an E-11 Blaster Rifle (15) – 15,000 XP
- Knock down Timer Pines with a Ripsaw Launcher (5) – 15,000 XP
- Mantle onto a ledge within 3 seconds of sliding (3) – 15,000 XP
- Plant a Reality Seed at Sunflower’s Saplings or Fungi Farm (1) – 15,000 XP
- Search chests or ammo boxes at crashed IO Airships (2) – 15,000 XP
- Travel 500 meters in the Slipstream around Rave Cave (500) – 15,000 XP
You shouldn’t have too much difficulty completing Fortnite’s Week 4 Quests as long as you set out to complete them.
You can check out our guide on where to find a Ripsaw Launcher and knock down Timber Pines, but this is really the only challenge you’ll have trouble with. Just be sure to carry a Reality Seed to either Sunflower’s Sapling or Fungi Farm, and visit Rave Cave to ride the Slipstream.
The next set of Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 Quests will arrive on Thursday, July 7 at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET / 2 PM BST, so stay tuned for Week 5.
All Fortnite Weekly Quests
Fortnite Week 3 Quests
- Impulse an enemy player with a Shockwave Grenade (1)
- Dislodge or destroy Runaway Boulders with a melee weapon (3)
- Damage opponents within 30 seconds of getting out of the water (75)
- Reach max shields at a temple (1)
- Jump off a diving board (3)
- Headbutt an opponent while riding a Boar (1)
- Get 3 seconds of air time in a land vehicle (1)
Fortnite Week 2 Quests
- Boost into a Runaway Boulder and dislodge it with a Baller (1)
- Eliminate enemy players with ranged weapons of Epic rarity or better (2)
- Enter the wind tunnel in a Baller at the Screwballer (1)
- Headshot opponents with the Two-Shot Shotgun (5)
- Launch into the air using Geysers (3)
- Pick Weeds around Reality Saplings (5)
- Swing 50 meters or more with the Grapple Glove without touching the ground (10)
Fortnite Week 1 Quests
- Collect Reality Seeds (3)
- Damage opponents with a DMR (200)
- Dance at different crashed IO Airships (3)
- Gain shields by bouncing on Slurp Bouncer mushrooms (10)
- Mod a Whiplash with Off-Road tires and a Cow Catcher, then destroy Structures (50)
- Search chests at Condo Canyon or Tilted Towers (5)
- Visit the Zero Point in a motorboat (1)
Fortnite Zero Week Quests
- Interact with Sunbird or Moon Hawk and Rustler in a single match (2)
- Jump on a Wolf or Bear’s back in 2 different matches (2)
- Plant or Summon 3 Reality Saplings using Reality Seeds (3)
- Survive 10 Storm Phases (10)
- Travel 2000 meters in a Baller (2000)
- Visit Groovy Grove, Reality Falls, and Rave Cave (3)
For more Fortnite, you can check out the best PC settings in 2022, and the recent leak that a Dead by Daylight crossover is on the way.
Image Credit: Epic Games
How to get the Ripsaw Launcher & knock down Timber Pines in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3
Here’s how you can get your hands on the Ripsaw Launcher weapon in Fortnite and use it to knock down Timber Pines.
The Ripsaw Launcher is a new weapon in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, and we’ll go over its location on the map and how to knock down Timber Pines with the Ripsaw Launcher.
Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 features a plethora of fun content for players to unlock, including cosmetic skins of popular characters like Indiana Jones as well as powerful weapons like Darth Vader’s Lightsaber.
The Ripsaw Launcher is another weapon that you can get your hands on in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, and we’ll go over everything that you need to know about it, including its location on the map.
- How to get the Ripsaw Launcher in Fortnite
- How to knock down Timber Pines with a Ripsaw Launcher in Fortnite
How to get the Ripsaw Launcher in Fortnite
The Ripsaw Launcher can be found hanging on a wall in Choppin’ Chateau, which is northeast of Logjam Lotus on the north end of the Fortnite map. You can also collect it from chests and as floor loot until Ripsaw Launcher Week comes to an end on July 5.
- Read more: Fortnite x Dead by Daylight crossover leaked
The Ripsaw Launcher shoots a blade that’s capable of destroying builds, and it can dish out 25 damage to buildings, 60 to players, and 100 to vehicles. It can hold up to 10 blades and continues to deal damage for a total of 10 seconds when fully charged.
How to knock down Timber Pines with a Ripsaw Launcher in Fortnite
One of the Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3 Weekly Quests requires you to knock down Timber Pines with a Ripsaw Launcher. Timber Pines are large redwood trees that can mainly be found in snow-covered areas on the Fortnite map.
Here’s how you can knock them down:
- Collect a Ripsaw Launcher
- Approach a Timber Pine
- Press the shoot button to use the Ripsaw Launcher on the tree
Since you’re supposed to knock down 5 Timber Pines for this challenge, we recommend aiming your Ripsaw Launcher at a tree and fully charging it up before letting go. This will cause the Timber Pine to knock down multiple trees.
For more Fortnite content, check out how to get the free Major Mancake skin with Fall Guys Crown Clash challenges as well as how to unlock Super Styles in Chapter 3, Season 3.
Image credits: Epic Games
First images of Treyarch’s Call of Duty 2024 leak in Warzone Mobile files
Images of Treyarch's 2024 Call of Duty title have leaked after being discovered within Warzone Mobile's game files.
Modern Warfare 2 MP Map images leak via CoD Warzone Mobile files
First images of Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer maps have leaked via Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile game files, including Ground...
Rocket League Birthday Ball: Challenges, rewards, Golden Eggs
Rocket League is celebrating it's seventh anniversary! Complete challenges and earn rewards with the new Birthday Ball event.