One of gaming’s most arduous and enduring tests of patience and skill – a Destiny raid. With Bungie’s latest expansion comes a new lengthy battle of wits. But in order to do it yourself, here’s how you can beat the Deep Stone Crypt raid in Destiny 2: Beyond Light.
Given that Beyond Light is supposed to be a step towards a bright future for Destiny, it’s only fitting that it boasts one of Destiny’s toughest raids to date. The multiple hour slog pretty much needs a cohesive unit brimming with teamwork.
There’s a lot of ground to tread with DSC, and a lot to cover if we want to get you to the finish line. So let’s no waste time and guide you to victory in the new Bungie raid.
How to prepare for the raid
It’s vital that you take advantage of every liberty the game affords you with this raid. If you’re allowed a certain amount of things or allowed to be at a certain level, then you maximize that.
Here are some key things to consider.
Your Fireteam is allowed 6 members
Unless you’re a developer for Bungie, in which case why are you reading this, then you should probably be going into Deep Stone Crypt with a full allocation. The race to the World’s First has come and gone, your focus should be on making sure you complete it.
The final boss will peak at a Power Level of 1250
The day 1 contest imposed multiple, punishing restrictions on players in those first 24 hours. One of which was that they were capped out at 1230 Power Level. The good news is that you can now be the maximum level of 1250. It’s imperative that you come into this raid fully leveled.
Overload Champions will be in this raid
So quite simply, make sure you have Overload rounds unlocked and equipped to deal with the Champions. These are the only champions you’ll find in the Deep Stone Crypt raid.
Augments are obtained during the raid and they are all role-based. Augments provide a passive ability to players and will be available by killing a certain enemy holding them.
It looks like a blue icon and the main job of the Suppressor is to be underneath drones/turrets and shoot him.
A yellow buff that is shaped something similar to an oval. The main job of the Scanner is to point out key objectives during the raid and identify targets for the Operator.
Represented by a red symbol, Operator’s need to shoot and interact with objects featuring the symbol.
Finding the raid
Now the real fun begins. In order to make your way there, you’re going to need to circumnavigate a deadly storm that wants to bring your efforts to a screeching halt. So the raid is already off to a murderous start. For every second your Guardian is exposed to the scathing chill of the blizzard, you will receive a stack of Frostbite debuff. If you, unfortunately, reach a stack of 10, then your body will succumb to the blizzard and you’ll be facing a quick restart.
To survive this storm:
- Mount your Sparrow
- Head into the storm
- Follow the lights to guide you
- Keep finding heat bubbles to reset the debuffs
- Make sure EVERY Fireteam member is able to successfully make it through the storm
- Reach the airlock
- Defeat the Brigs and Captain defending it
- Start the first encounter
First Encounter – Disable the security
NOW the real fun begins. You’re immediately introduced to the mechanics of this raid as your Fireteam will need to split up into two with designated roles to be assigned. The arena has a lefty and right side, so you’ll need to make use of these Augments to overcome this room.
- Split up into two teams
- Each team should ideally have one Operator, one Scanner, and one regular Guardian
- Scanners need to locate the objectives to shoot and take out
- Operators will shoot the highlighted panels underground
- Regular Guardians need to fend off enemy threats, destroy Servitors, and Overload Champions, plus interfere with the Augment terminal
- Keep going until all six fuses are destroyed
Second Encounter – Defeat Atraks-1
Many people thought that Atraks-1 was going to be the final boss of the raid, instead, one of Eramis’ most trusted lieutenants returns as a Fallen Exo. There’s a hefty amount of information to digest here, so be diligent.
- Again, split up into two teams
- Collect purple orb
- Three players stay on Europa, three go into space – both are destroying Servitors
- Scanners need to indicate the Atraks-1 clone – it should glow yellow
- Operators need to reset the Replication debuff
- Regular Guardians need to work in tandem with Operators to remove it
- Once all six Servitors are eliminated, the Space Team will need to have their Scanner point out which Atraks has the yellow glow
- Then players need to damage him and his leftover phantom too
- Keep going until Atraks-1 is down to 25% health
- Head to space and have the Scanner identify the right clones that need to be shot in order
- Defeat Atraks-1
Be sure to remove replication debuff from above a player’s head too, otherwise, they face a 4-second window before it kills them.
After the titanic war you’ve just been through, this section will feel like a godsend. A linear platforming section with some light action. We don’t even need a list for this one.
Just simply negotiate the jumps, kill the few enemies, and get your team through to the end of this section.
Third Encounter – Stop Europa from being destroyed
The final one of our three Augments will be found in this encounter – Suppression. For encounter number three, you’ll need to split up into teams of three now and deal with the destructive nature of nuclear cores.
- Split up into teams of three: Scanners, Operatives, and Suppressors
- The final boss, Taniks, needs to be stunned by the Suppressor role – he can’t be damaged in this phase
- The Scanners will need to accurately point out the correct boxes that nuclear cores can be put into
- Operators will need to shoot at glowing terminals to spawn nuclear cores
- Only spawn nuclear cores when Taniks has been stunned
- Players carrying these cores will gain a stack of radiation, just like the blizzard, building up 10 of these will kill you
- Depositing a nuclear core will result in the automatic disabling of one player’s augment – you can’t deposit two in the same box
- Players will need to keep this process going until it’s been done six times, this causes a hatch to open up that all players need to jump into
- This needs to be done ASAP as Tankis will start chasing you towards the hatch and will instantly kill anyone that is too slow
- Just one member of the team needs to get through the hatch
Just to reiterate, the second that hatch opens…RUN. You do not want your journey to come to an end because you were too idle.
Fourth Encounter – Kill Taniks, the Abomination
It all comes down to this. It’s time to utilize everything you’ve absorbed to this point. One final test of resolve to make this Exo and ex-Exo. It’s going to require more dishing out of key roles, people taking responsibility, and more than ever – teamwork.
- Scanners will need to be looking for the right bins to deposit nuclear cores into again
- Operators should NEVER carry cores and instead need to shoot the purple bubble that engulfs core carriers
- Suppressors unlock the correct boxes as pointed out by Scanners
- Players will also need to trade cores to account for the radiation stacks – remember, 10 will cause instant death
- Once four cores have been deposited, Taniks will unleash a barrage of damage, exposing his thrusters in the process, you need to shoot them
- Repeat all of this until Taniks is down to 25% health
- Taniks will now enter his final phase
- This stage needs to be done with the utmost haste, otherwise, Taniks will perform a complete wipe of the team
- Diminish his health bar with constant attacks and eventually vanquish Taniks
- Enjoy your victory and your loot!
Congratulations! You just beat the very tough Deep Stone Crypt raid and are one step closer to becoming a master of Beyond Light. We now wait for the World’s First solo completion using a Rock Band controller.
We sincerely hope our guide on how to beat the Deep Stone Crypt raid in Destiny 2: Beyond Light was of use to you. Go ahead and beat it, then who knows, maybe beat it again under tougher circumstances.
Image credits: Bungie
Competitive Destiny game could be in development with Bungie job listing
A Bungie job posting strongly points toward a new competitive game set within the Destiny universe being in development.
According to a job listing from July 2022, Bungie are developing an “exciting new title” in the Destiny universe with competitive elements.
Destiny 2 is currently in its 17th season and is showing no sign of slowing down, with rumors claiming a Destiny mobile game is in development and a job listing pointing towards a competitive title being in development.
Destiny devs Bungie are certainly no stranger to developing games that competitive players love, with the original Halo trilogy having a booming esports scene. Now, this job listing appears to confirm that Bungie are developing a brand-new competitive game set in the Destiny universe.
Bungie’s job posting reveals they are looking for a Senior Concept Artist to work on an “exciting new title” where the dev will need to work on “guns, characters, armors, vehicles, environments, and other seasonal art needs.”
- Read more: Every Destiny 2 DLC and Expansion: Full list
The job posting is rather vague when describing the game, but there are a couple of bullet points that give us a strong indication.
The listing appears to confirm that it’s associated with Destiny, where the Concept Artist will need to “Continually push aesthetics of the Destiny universe.”
There’s no guarantee that it’s a competitive-focused game but it should have at least a competitive element where “Experience with and love of competitive games” is listed as a “nice-to-have skill.”
Aside from these snippets of information, what the game’s about is anyone’s guess. It’s possible that it’ll be a standalone version of the Crucible mode, but with it being a “new title” it’s unlikely.
The job listing also doesn’t clarify if this is the leaked mobile title or something completely different, but don’t expect it anytime soon if they’re still hiring senior developers.
For more PvP leaks and rumors, you can check out everything we know about Modern Warfare 2’s leaked Tarkov-inspired DMZ mode.
Image Credit: Bungie
Is Destiny getting a mobile game? Leaks & rumors
Bungie are allegedly working on a new Destiny mobile title, and here’s everything we know about it, including all leaks and rumors.
There are rumors that the Destiny 2 developers are currently working on a brand-new mobile game with NetEase Interactive, and here’s everything that we know about this.
Many popular video game series like Apex Legends and Call of Duty have released mobile titles, and new rumors suggest that the Destiny 2 developers currently have plans to do the same thing.
Is Destiny getting a mobile game?
The Chinese company NetEase has previously worked on mobile titles like Diablo Immortal, and The Game Post claims that it is currently hiring staff to work on an “unannounced FPS mobile game.”
- Read More: Most popular Apex Legends characters
According to The Game Post, this information came from a “source with knowledge of NetEase’s development plans” and Bungie are said to be collaborating with the Chinese conglomerate for this project.
Bungie has allegedly been working on a new Destiny game for “over two years now” so they might be bringing a mobile port similar to Apex Legends mobile or the upcoming Warzone Mobile. However, it’s possible that they could be developing an entirely new IP altogether.
Is there a Destiny Mobile release date?
At the time of writing, no release date has been confirmed for this mobile game. However, it’s been 5 years since Destiny 2 first arrived, so it wouldn’t be surprising if Bungie are gearing up to release a new entry. We’ll let you know once we hear anything about the release date.
- Read more: How to spectate in Fortnite
It’s worth keeping in mind that this information is based on leaks, so be sure to take it with a grain of salt until we get official confirmation from either company about the development of this title.
We’ll be sure to update this article with more information about Bungie’s alleged mobile title as it becomes available, including any leaks and details about the plot or gameplay. So, be sure to check back with us!
Image credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards: May 20
The Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are out for the week of May 20. Use our quick and easy guide to see what items can be redeemed.
Players who love to battle it out in competitive PvP action to earn Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards can now see what the week of May 20 has to offer.
Destiny 2‘s Trial of Osiris has become a staple of Bungie’s sci-fi shooter, thanks to its heated action, and the rewards for May 20 are now available to see.
One of the most popular game modes that the first-person shooter offers is, no doubt, Trials of Osiris, which is the game’s competitive multiplayer playlist that allows Guardians to test their skills against other players.
One of the exciting factors of this game mode, besides proving your skills, is the new set of rewards that players can earn with their success every week. Here is the newest set of Trials of Osiris rewards in Destiny 2, the Witch Queen update.
What are the Trials of Osiris rewards for May 20 in Destiny 2?
The Trials of Osiris is an end-game Crucible event that resets its rewards and map on Fridays at 9 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM GMT.
- Read More: Destiny 2 Xur location and items this week
The more reputation you can earn in Bungie’s Trials of Osiris, the better quality of rewards you will receive in Destiny 2.
Trials of Osiris May 20 map
The map that players fight on changes each week, keeping things fresh and exciting for players. Here is the Trials of Osiris map for the week starting May 20 in Destiny 2:
- Endless Vale
Trials of Osiris May 20 rewards
Here is the complete list of Trials of Osiris rewards for this week:
- Reputation Rank 4: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 7: Enhancement Prism (3)
- Reputation Rank 10: Trials Weapon (Changes for each rank reset)
- Reputation Rank 13: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 16: Trials Weapon (Changes for each rank reset)
- Flawless Reward: Aisha’s Embrace (Adept)
To earn the Flawless Reward, players will need to win seven Trials of Osiris matches without losing a single game.
- Read More: Every Destiny 2 DLC and Expansion: Full list
It’s a tough feat, no doubt, but it’s doable with enough skill, patience, and understanding of the game’s mechanics.
- Passage of Ferocity – Your third match win grants a bonus win. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Mercy – Forgives one loss per run. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Wealth – Increased Trials Rank points from reaching 3, 5, and 7 match wins on a ticket. (15000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Confidence – Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest. (20000 Glimmer & 50 Legendary Shards)
So, there you have it, that’s all the information you’ll need for this week’s Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris, make sure you try your best to get after these rewards, as they can be used to make your overall Destiny 2 experience more fruitful and enjoyable!
Image Credits: Bungie
Bad news for MultiVersus as Embracer to acquire The Lord of the Rings video game rights
Embracer Group are purchasing the rights to everything Lord of the Rings which could disappoint MultiVersus fans hoping to play...
When is Warzone Pacific Season 5? Season 4 end date, leaked weapons & Operators, more
Here's everything we know about Warzone Pacific's Season 5 update including its expected release date and content.
GTA Online Prize Ride August 18 vehicle: How to get Retinue for free
Thanks to the GTA Online Los Santos Tuners update, players can earn a weekly Prize Ride vehicle, and here's how...