One of gaming’s most arduous and enduring tests of patience and skill – a Destiny raid. With Bungie’s latest expansion comes a new lengthy battle of wits. But in order to do it yourself, here’s how you can beat the Deep Stone Crypt raid in Destiny 2: Beyond Light.
Given that Beyond Light is supposed to be a step towards a bright future for Destiny, it’s only fitting that it boasts one of Destiny’s toughest raids to date. The multiple hour slog pretty much needs a cohesive unit brimming with teamwork.
There’s a lot of ground to tread with DSC, and a lot to cover if we want to get you to the finish line. So let’s no waste time and guide you to victory in the new Bungie raid.
How to prepare for the raid
It’s vital that you take advantage of every liberty the game affords you with this raid. If you’re allowed a certain amount of things or allowed to be at a certain level, then you maximize that.
Here are some key things to consider.
Your Fireteam is allowed 6 members
Unless you’re a developer for Bungie, in which case why are you reading this, then you should probably be going into Deep Stone Crypt with a full allocation. The race to the World’s First has come and gone, your focus should be on making sure you complete it.
The final boss will peak at a Power Level of 1250
The day 1 contest imposed multiple, punishing restrictions on players in those first 24 hours. One of which was that they were capped out at 1230 Power Level. The good news is that you can now be the maximum level of 1250. It’s imperative that you come into this raid fully leveled.
Overload Champions will be in this raid
So quite simply, make sure you have Overload rounds unlocked and equipped to deal with the Champions. These are the only champions you’ll find in the Deep Stone Crypt raid.
Augments are obtained during the raid and they are all role-based. Augments provide a passive ability to players and will be available by killing a certain enemy holding them.
It looks like a blue icon and the main job of the Suppressor is to be underneath drones/turrets and shoot him.
A yellow buff that is shaped something similar to an oval. The main job of the Scanner is to point out key objectives during the raid and identify targets for the Operator.
Represented by a red symbol, Operator’s need to shoot and interact with objects featuring the symbol.
Finding the raid
Now the real fun begins. In order to make your way there, you’re going to need to circumnavigate a deadly storm that wants to bring your efforts to a screeching halt. So the raid is already off to a murderous start. For every second your Guardian is exposed to the scathing chill of the blizzard, you will receive a stack of Frostbite debuff. If you, unfortunately, reach a stack of 10, then your body will succumb to the blizzard and you’ll be facing a quick restart.
To survive this storm:
- Mount your Sparrow
- Head into the storm
- Follow the lights to guide you
- Keep finding heat bubbles to reset the debuffs
- Make sure EVERY Fireteam member is able to successfully make it through the storm
- Reach the airlock
- Defeat the Brigs and Captain defending it
- Start the first encounter
First Encounter – Disable the security
NOW the real fun begins. You’re immediately introduced to the mechanics of this raid as your Fireteam will need to split up into two with designated roles to be assigned. The arena has a lefty and right side, so you’ll need to make use of these Augments to overcome this room.
- Split up into two teams
- Each team should ideally have one Operator, one Scanner, and one regular Guardian
- Scanners need to locate the objectives to shoot and take out
- Operators will shoot the highlighted panels underground
- Regular Guardians need to fend off enemy threats, destroy Servitors, and Overload Champions, plus interfere with the Augment terminal
- Keep going until all six fuses are destroyed
Second Encounter – Defeat Atraks-1
Many people thought that Atraks-1 was going to be the final boss of the raid, instead, one of Eramis’ most trusted lieutenants returns as a Fallen Exo. There’s a hefty amount of information to digest here, so be diligent.
- Again, split up into two teams
- Collect purple orb
- Three players stay on Europa, three go into space – both are destroying Servitors
- Scanners need to indicate the Atraks-1 clone – it should glow yellow
- Operators need to reset the Replication debuff
- Regular Guardians need to work in tandem with Operators to remove it
- Once all six Servitors are eliminated, the Space Team will need to have their Scanner point out which Atraks has the yellow glow
- Then players need to damage him and his leftover phantom too
- Keep going until Atraks-1 is down to 25% health
- Head to space and have the Scanner identify the right clones that need to be shot in order
- Defeat Atraks-1
Be sure to remove replication debuff from above a player’s head too, otherwise, they face a 4-second window before it kills them.
After the titanic war you’ve just been through, this section will feel like a godsend. A linear platforming section with some light action. We don’t even need a list for this one.
Just simply negotiate the jumps, kill the few enemies, and get your team through to the end of this section.
Third Encounter – Stop Europa from being destroyed
The final one of our three Augments will be found in this encounter – Suppression. For encounter number three, you’ll need to split up into teams of three now and deal with the destructive nature of nuclear cores.
- Split up into teams of three: Scanners, Operatives, and Suppressors
- The final boss, Taniks, needs to be stunned by the Suppressor role – he can’t be damaged in this phase
- The Scanners will need to accurately point out the correct boxes that nuclear cores can be put into
- Operators will need to shoot at glowing terminals to spawn nuclear cores
- Only spawn nuclear cores when Taniks has been stunned
- Players carrying these cores will gain a stack of radiation, just like the blizzard, building up 10 of these will kill you
- Depositing a nuclear core will result in the automatic disabling of one player’s augment – you can’t deposit two in the same box
- Players will need to keep this process going until it’s been done six times, this causes a hatch to open up that all players need to jump into
- This needs to be done ASAP as Tankis will start chasing you towards the hatch and will instantly kill anyone that is too slow
- Just one member of the team needs to get through the hatch
Just to reiterate, the second that hatch opens…RUN. You do not want your journey to come to an end because you were too idle.
Fourth Encounter – Kill Taniks, the Abomination
It all comes down to this. It’s time to utilize everything you’ve absorbed to this point. One final test of resolve to make this Exo and ex-Exo. It’s going to require more dishing out of key roles, people taking responsibility, and more than ever – teamwork.
- Scanners will need to be looking for the right bins to deposit nuclear cores into again
- Operators should NEVER carry cores and instead need to shoot the purple bubble that engulfs core carriers
- Suppressors unlock the correct boxes as pointed out by Scanners
- Players will also need to trade cores to account for the radiation stacks – remember, 10 will cause instant death
- Once four cores have been deposited, Taniks will unleash a barrage of damage, exposing his thrusters in the process, you need to shoot them
- Repeat all of this until Taniks is down to 25% health
- Taniks will now enter his final phase
- This stage needs to be done with the utmost haste, otherwise, Taniks will perform a complete wipe of the team
- Diminish his health bar with constant attacks and eventually vanquish Taniks
- Enjoy your victory and your loot!
Congratulations! You just beat the very tough Deep Stone Crypt raid and are one step closer to becoming a master of Beyond Light. We now wait for the World’s First solo completion using a Rock Band controller.
We sincerely hope our guide on how to beat the Deep Stone Crypt raid in Destiny 2: Beyond Light was of use to you. Go ahead and beat it, then who knows, maybe beat it again under tougher circumstances.
Image credits: Bungie
How to unlock Destiny 2 Heir Apparent Exotic Catalyst in Guardian Games
Instead of a new Exotic for Destiny 2’s Guardian Games, Bungie has made a Catalyst version of the Heir Apparent, and here’s how to unlock it.
It’s time to get stuck into the 2021 Guardian Games with Destiny 2 players fighting for not only class supremacy, but also a chance to earn the Heir Apparent Exotic Catalyst.
Bungie has brought back the Guardian Games for a second year to incite heated competition between Destiny’s three classes. Hunters, Titans, and Warlocks will be duking it out for several weeks to see who is the dominant class.
As well as medals that contribute towards your classes’ overall score, players will also be able to earn a Catalyst version of last year’s Heir Apparent Exotic Machine Gun. The improved stats make it a more than enticing option to use going forward, and we have all the details to unlock it.
How to obtain original Heir Apparent in Destiny 2
If you were unable to obtain the Heir Apparent last year in Destiny 2, the good news is that you will still be able to obtain it. Bear in mind that you cannot acquire the Mastercrafted Catalyst version without the original Heir Apparent gun.
- Read More: How to complete Destiny 2 Week 10 Challenges
At the time of writing, the data for the Catalyst has been data mined, and it confirms that the Heir Apparent is obtainable via a quest.
At this stage, we aren’t sure of the quest or the requirements for it, but we will update the page once we know something more official.
Unlocking the Heir Apparent Catalyst in Season of the Chosen
There seem to be several ways you can go about getting your hands on the super-duper version of the base weapon.
Here are the reported requirements:
- Earn (50) points by obtaining medals. Higher tier medals are worth more points
- Complete (3) Contender Cards (these are purchased from Eva and have objectives for different activities, Trials, Nightfalls, Strikes, Gambit and Crucible)
- Collect (90) Competitive Spirit by getting kills with Machine Guns in the Daily Focus playlist. Precision blows grant bonus progress
- 700 total kills, which sounds like a lot until you take this thing into Altars of Sorrow
It should be noted that this will probably only be obtainable during the 2021 Guardian Games.
Whether this is a weapon you will use regularly or just something to add to your collection, the limited window should increase the sense of urgency. Time is ticking until Season 14 gets underway and players are eagerly awaiting the return of the Vault of Glass.
Image credits: Bungie
How to get Destiny 2’s Xenophage assault rifle
The Xenophage is an extremely impressive Exotic Weapon that you can collect by completing a quest in Destiny 2.
Wondering how to get the powerful Xenophage rifle in Destiny 2? Here’s how.
Destiny 2 has a ton of cool weapons to choose from before jumping into battle. The Xenophage Exotic machine gun is a great choice because of its accuracy, along with its explosive rounds that will annihilate your enemies.
If you want to get your hands on this powerful weapon, then you’ll need to complete an Exotic quest that requires you to solve puzzles and complete certain tasks. Here’s how you can get the Xenophage Exotic in Season of the Chosen.
How to start the Xenophage Exotic quest
If you want to start this Destiny 2 Exotic quest, then you’ll need to visit the Red Keep room where you saw Eris when completing her Memory quests. From there, you’ll have to make your way towards a puzzle that you need to solve.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Land at Sorrow’s Harbor, and move north into the Red Keep
- Head left from the green crystal, and continue until you approach a small path on the right wall leading upward
- When you enter the main room, light the statues in the correct order (front right, back left, back right, front left)
- Loot the chest in the middle of the area to claim The Journey
Light all six lanterns at The Anchor of Light
You’ll then have to go east of the main southern landing zone at the Anchor of Light portion of the Moon. Once you’re there, collect the orb of flame from the Fallen-infested building.
This orb must be used to light lanterns at six different spots within one minute. Luckily, your timer will reset every time you light one in the correct order, which is the following:
- Right next to where you collected the Orb of Flame.
- On top of the building at the edge of the crevasse to the East
- Inside the small yellow structure interior near the Fallen-infested building
- At the top of the Fallen-infested building
- On a small rooftop by the buried section to the north
- On top of the large round structure over the green pit in the middle of the map
After all six lanterns have been lit in the correct order, you must insert the orb in the small Hive spire near the site where you grabbed the orb.
Where to find all four path fragments
Now, you’ll have to complete all four Lost Sectors on the Moon, and successfully get through Hive rune puzzles at the end of each one. You can find these puzzles in the exit paths for the Lost Sectors.
These consist of nine grids of runes, and shooting one will change all of the symbols in the rune’s row and column. You’ll need to match every rune in the grid with the symbol above the grid. We’ve listed the correct order below:
- K1 Communion: 7, 9, 2, 2
- K1 Revelation: 6, 4, 5, 5, 4, 8, 5, 2
- K1 Logistics: 1, 7, 6, 5
- K1 Crew Quarters: 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 9, 8, 8
Once you’ve line up all the runes, chests will spawn that you can loot to collect all four path fragments.
The Pit of Heresy
This next step will require you to complete various activities within the Pit of Heresy dungeon, including activating a hidden rune, lighting fires, and winning a boss fight. You’ll already have reached 970 PL beforehand, so you can get these done quickly.
Here’s how you can complete the Pit of Heresy:
- Clear all the minibosses at the start of the dungeon
- Make your way to the chamber filled with doorways and platform to the door without a symbol at the entrance
- Activate the hidden rune inside
- Visit the area packed with Hive Ogres before the Hive Totem encounter
- Head left from the fork, then drop down to the rocky ledge below.
- Find the small plate marked with runes and activate it to collect the Orb of Flame.
- Return to the fork, and then take the right path this time.
- Find the sealed door with two braziers on either side, and use the Orb of Flame to light both
This will then open up a door that leads to a boss fight. This enemy is PL 970, so be ready for a dangerous battle. You won’t be able to hurt the boss initially, and you’ll need to do some tasks before that opportunity comes.
You’ll receive a random buff, and you must check it to see where you need to place the Orb of Light. Once you’ve put it in the correct spot in the arena, you’ll gain a Vengeance buff that allows you to hurt the enemy for 25 seconds.
Here’s where to place the orbs:
- Abyssal Dread: Upper Arena – Far left
- Thunderous Dread: Lower Arena – Front left
- Fiery Dread: Lower Arena – Far right
- Neutral Dread: Upper Arena – Front right
Just keep checking your buff, then collect the Orb of Flame and place it in the matching locations. You’ll then have the opportunity to shoot the boss with the matching elemental damage type. Just keep repeating it until you defeat the boss.
Once the enemy has been defeated, you can finally collect the Xenophage Machine Gun for yourself! Now you can go cause some serious pain to your opponents the next time you jump into a match of Destiny 2.
Image Credits: Bungie
How to complete Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen Week 10 Challenges
The final week of Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen challenges are upon us. Find out what Guardians will need to do in Week Ten.
The final set of tasks for eager Guardians have arrived in Destiny 2. Season of the Chosen’s Week 10 challenges are the last ones, and it’s standard fare for players.
We have reached the end of the road for Season 13’s Weekly Challenges as the tenth and final week of them is finally here. For nine weeks, Destiny 2 players have had to kill a variety of enemies across various modes as well as many other feats to earn cool rewards. This will be the final test for Guardians.
As usual, if you want to see all the weekly challenges there have been so far, then you can see them all here: Week One, Week Two, Week Three, Week Four, Week Five, Week Six, Week Seven, and Week Eight, Week Nine.
Week Ten’s Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen Challenges were leaked early by Reddit user Parisito1234 and they were able to provide the information.
The Week Ten challenges are now live.
Season of the Chosen Week Ten Challenges
If you ever need to refer back to these challenges whilst you’re playing Destiny 2, you can find the challenges under the Quests selection in the menu.
Here’s the complete list of the Season of the Chosen Week Ten challenges:
- …The Harder They Fall – Defeat (20) Elite or Boss Cabal in the Proving Grounds strike
- Explosive Conclusions – Use a Rocket Launcher or grenades to defeat combatants anywhere in the system. Bonus progress for rapidly defeating them and for defeating Cabal
- Lenses in Focus – Go to the Prismatic Recaster and discover how to unlock (15) more lenses
- In Your Element – Defeat (80) Guardians in the Iron Banner with Elemental takedowns. Earn bonus progress for Stasis takedowns
- Warrior from Beyond – In strikes, defeat combatants with elemental final blows. Earn bonus progress by defeating combatants with Stasis
Time is definitely of the essence now. Make sure you get all the challenges done, and don’t miss out on the XP or rewards for doing so.
The challenges are all retroactive and will be available throughout the season’s duration. Also, find out how to get your hands on the Dead Man’s Tale Exotic Rifle and Bell of Conquests Seasonal Artifact in Destiny 2.
That’s all for this week’s Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen Seasonal Challenges. Stay tuned for more information as Season of the Chosen draws to a close, and we get new details on Destiny 2 Season 14.
Image credits: Bungie
Best FARA 83 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 3
Season 3 of Warzone saw some major changes be made to the Fara 83 that will have players wanting to...
How to unlock Ballistic Knife in Cold War & Warzone Season 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone players have the opportunity to unlock the fan-favorite Ballistic Knife during...
Best FOV Setting for Apex Legends
Apex Legends has a variety of settings which can enhance experience, FOV is one of these options but what's the...