One of gaming’s most arduous and enduring tests of patience and skill – a Destiny raid. With Bungie’s latest expansion comes a new lengthy battle of wits. But in order to do it yourself, here’s how you can beat the Deep Stone Crypt raid in Destiny 2: Beyond Light.
Given that Beyond Light is supposed to be a step towards a bright future for Destiny, it’s only fitting that it boasts one of Destiny’s toughest raids to date. The multiple hour slog pretty much needs a cohesive unit brimming with teamwork.
There’s a lot of ground to tread with DSC, and a lot to cover if we want to get you to the finish line. So let’s no waste time and guide you to victory in the new Bungie raid.
How to prepare for the raid
It’s vital that you take advantage of every liberty the game affords you with this raid. If you’re allowed a certain amount of things or allowed to be at a certain level, then you maximize that.
Here are some key things to consider.
Your Fireteam is allowed 6 members
Unless you’re a developer for Bungie, in which case why are you reading this, then you should probably be going into Deep Stone Crypt with a full allocation. The race to the World’s First has come and gone, your focus should be on making sure you complete it.
The final boss will peak at a Power Level of 1250
The day 1 contest imposed multiple, punishing restrictions on players in those first 24 hours. One of which was that they were capped out at 1230 Power Level. The good news is that you can now be the maximum level of 1250. It’s imperative that you come into this raid fully leveled.
Overload Champions will be in this raid
So quite simply, make sure you have Overload rounds unlocked and equipped to deal with the Champions. These are the only champions you’ll find in the Deep Stone Crypt raid.
Augments are obtained during the raid and they are all role-based. Augments provide a passive ability to players and will be available by killing a certain enemy holding them.
It looks like a blue icon and the main job of the Suppressor is to be underneath drones/turrets and shoot him.
A yellow buff that is shaped something similar to an oval. The main job of the Scanner is to point out key objectives during the raid and identify targets for the Operator.
Represented by a red symbol, Operator’s need to shoot and interact with objects featuring the symbol.
Finding the raid
Now the real fun begins. In order to make your way there, you’re going to need to circumnavigate a deadly storm that wants to bring your efforts to a screeching halt. So the raid is already off to a murderous start. For every second your Guardian is exposed to the scathing chill of the blizzard, you will receive a stack of Frostbite debuff. If you, unfortunately, reach a stack of 10, then your body will succumb to the blizzard and you’ll be facing a quick restart.
To survive this storm:
- Mount your Sparrow
- Head into the storm
- Follow the lights to guide you
- Keep finding heat bubbles to reset the debuffs
- Make sure EVERY Fireteam member is able to successfully make it through the storm
- Reach the airlock
- Defeat the Brigs and Captain defending it
- Start the first encounter
First Encounter – Disable the security
NOW the real fun begins. You’re immediately introduced to the mechanics of this raid as your Fireteam will need to split up into two with designated roles to be assigned. The arena has a lefty and right side, so you’ll need to make use of these Augments to overcome this room.
- Split up into two teams
- Each team should ideally have one Operator, one Scanner, and one regular Guardian
- Scanners need to locate the objectives to shoot and take out
- Operators will shoot the highlighted panels underground
- Regular Guardians need to fend off enemy threats, destroy Servitors, and Overload Champions, plus interfere with the Augment terminal
- Keep going until all six fuses are destroyed
Second Encounter – Defeat Atraks-1
Many people thought that Atraks-1 was going to be the final boss of the raid, instead, one of Eramis’ most trusted lieutenants returns as a Fallen Exo. There’s a hefty amount of information to digest here, so be diligent.
- Again, split up into two teams
- Collect purple orb
- Three players stay on Europa, three go into space – both are destroying Servitors
- Scanners need to indicate the Atraks-1 clone – it should glow yellow
- Operators need to reset the Replication debuff
- Regular Guardians need to work in tandem with Operators to remove it
- Once all six Servitors are eliminated, the Space Team will need to have their Scanner point out which Atraks has the yellow glow
- Then players need to damage him and his leftover phantom too
- Keep going until Atraks-1 is down to 25% health
- Head to space and have the Scanner identify the right clones that need to be shot in order
- Defeat Atraks-1
Be sure to remove replication debuff from above a player’s head too, otherwise, they face a 4-second window before it kills them.
After the titanic war you’ve just been through, this section will feel like a godsend. A linear platforming section with some light action. We don’t even need a list for this one.
Just simply negotiate the jumps, kill the few enemies, and get your team through to the end of this section.
Third Encounter – Stop Europa from being destroyed
The final one of our three Augments will be found in this encounter – Suppression. For encounter number three, you’ll need to split up into teams of three now and deal with the destructive nature of nuclear cores.
- Split up into teams of three: Scanners, Operatives, and Suppressors
- The final boss, Taniks, needs to be stunned by the Suppressor role – he can’t be damaged in this phase
- The Scanners will need to accurately point out the correct boxes that nuclear cores can be put into
- Operators will need to shoot at glowing terminals to spawn nuclear cores
- Only spawn nuclear cores when Taniks has been stunned
- Players carrying these cores will gain a stack of radiation, just like the blizzard, building up 10 of these will kill you
- Depositing a nuclear core will result in the automatic disabling of one player’s augment – you can’t deposit two in the same box
- Players will need to keep this process going until it’s been done six times, this causes a hatch to open up that all players need to jump into
- This needs to be done ASAP as Tankis will start chasing you towards the hatch and will instantly kill anyone that is too slow
- Just one member of the team needs to get through the hatch
Just to reiterate, the second that hatch opens…RUN. You do not want your journey to come to an end because you were too idle.
Fourth Encounter – Kill Taniks, the Abomination
It all comes down to this. It’s time to utilize everything you’ve absorbed to this point. One final test of resolve to make this Exo and ex-Exo. It’s going to require more dishing out of key roles, people taking responsibility, and more than ever – teamwork.
- Scanners will need to be looking for the right bins to deposit nuclear cores into again
- Operators should NEVER carry cores and instead need to shoot the purple bubble that engulfs core carriers
- Suppressors unlock the correct boxes as pointed out by Scanners
- Players will also need to trade cores to account for the radiation stacks – remember, 10 will cause instant death
- Once four cores have been deposited, Taniks will unleash a barrage of damage, exposing his thrusters in the process, you need to shoot them
- Repeat all of this until Taniks is down to 25% health
- Taniks will now enter his final phase
- This stage needs to be done with the utmost haste, otherwise, Taniks will perform a complete wipe of the team
- Diminish his health bar with constant attacks and eventually vanquish Taniks
- Enjoy your victory and your loot!
Congratulations! You just beat the very tough Deep Stone Crypt raid and are one step closer to becoming a master of Beyond Light. We now wait for the World’s First solo completion using a Rock Band controller.
We sincerely hope our guide on how to beat the Deep Stone Crypt raid in Destiny 2: Beyond Light was of use to you. Go ahead and beat it, then who knows, maybe beat it again under tougher circumstances.
Image credits: Bungie
How to fix Destiny 2 Error Code: BUFFALO
A common Destiny 2 problem is the Error Code: BUFFALO message. So let’s dive into the issue, what causes it, and ways to fix it.
Players trying to enjoy Destiny 2 content, such as Season of the Lost, may find that they can’t sign into their account. This could be down to the Error Code: BUFFALO bug, and we’ve broken down the issue and how to fix it.
Sometimes, all players want to do is hop onto Destiny 2 after a long day of work, school, or whatever it may be, and jump online.
But issues are always going to be encountered now and again, and Destiny 2 is not immune to this. Bungie’s first-person shooter has a myriad of different problems that players can bump into, with one, in particular, being troublesome – Error Code: BUFFALO.
What is Error Code: BUFFALO on PlayStation, Xbox & PC?
If you’re struggling to access Destiny 2 online and it’s appearing with “Error Code: BUFFALO,” this is because the game can’t sign you in.
- Read More: How to get Destiny 2 Ager’s Scepter Catalyst
According to Bungie, this could be for one of several different reasons:
- Your chosen platform service is undergoing maintenance
- Your PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live subscription has expired
- Players in Korea’s “allotted purchased internet usage time has run out or online account plan has expired”
- Trying to access your Destiny 2 account at the same time on multiple PCs at once
Ways to fix Code Error: BUFFALO problem in Destiny 2
The solutions to the Code Error: BUFFALO problem are basic counteractions to the suggested causes above.
Here’s what you can try to attempt to solve the issue:
- Check the status of your chosen platform to ensure that there are no problems with the service itself:
- PlayStation Network Status: https://status.playstation.com/
- Xbox Live Status: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status
- Steam Support: https://help.steampowered.com/
- Go into your settings, and see if your PS Plus or Xbox Live membership has expired, in which case you’ll need to renew it
- Players in Korea can purchase more internet usage time or check their online account plan’s expiry date & time
- Check all your devices that you may have signed into to play Destiny 2, because another user may inadvertently have accessed your account on a different computer
We hope these different solutions help you to solve the Code Error: BUFFALO issue, and that you can resume enjoying Destiny 2 Season of the Lost.
Also, check out how to claim Destiny 2 Prime Gaming rewards.
Image Credit: Bungie
How to get Destiny 2 Ager’s Scepter Catalyst
Here’s how to unlock the Destiny 2 Ager’s Scepter Catalyst. The Catalyst can be used to upgrade the incredibly powerful exotic trace rifle.
Ager’s Scepter is a powerful Exotic Trace Rifle in Destiny 2, and its weapon catalysts can make it even stronger.
Destiny 2 Season of the Lost started less than a month ago, and there’s already a ton of new content to enjoy. This includes new missions, modes, and gear. And there’s still a lot more to come over the next five months.
One of the new Exotic weapons introduced this season is Destiny 2’s Ager’s Scepter. This new Trace Rifle is one of six in the entire game. And with the ability to slow and freeze enemies, Ager’s Scepter is a menace.
Season Pass holders will have to complete the questline “A Hollow Coronation” to unlock the Exotic. But the fun doesn’t stop there because players can now unlock Catalysts for the Ager’s Scepter to make it even more powerful.
How to get Destiny 2 Ager’s Scepter Catalyst
Catalysts are special modifiers in Destiny 2 that upgrade exotic weapons. They don’t raise the light level of weapons like Upgrade Modules but instead modify certain aspects of the weapon.
Each weapon has its unique Catalysts that have specific means of finding them. For Ager’s Scepter, players can find the Catalyst by opening Wayfinder’s Troves in Astral Alignment. The Ager’s Scepter Catalyst was made available after the rest on September 21, 2021.
- Read More: How to claim Destiny 2 Prime Gaming rewards
Astral Alignment is this season’s matchmade activity. It is a six-player seasonal activity that takes place in four phases. You will need to work with your teammates to complete each wave.
Wayfinder’s Troves appear at the end of Astral Alignment. You will have a few moments before the match concludes to open them. However, you will have to have 150 Parallax Trajectory to open each Trove. It is also not guaranteed that the Wayfinder’s Trove will drop an Ager’s Scepter Catalyst.
Getting a Catalyst takes an awful lot of time and patience, but they are worth it. If you can add even more power to an already overpowered trace rifle, you will want to do whatever it takes.
Sadly, that means players will have to grind Astral Alignment activities this season.
Image Credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Xur location and items: September 17 – 21
Here is where you can find Xur the Merchant and get different Exotic items for yourself when playing Destiny 2.
You can get Exotic items for yourself in Destiny 2 by visiting Xur the merchant. This character moves around, so here is his location and all the items that you can get from him.
You can also get different Exotic items each week by visiting the merchant, Xur. He hangs out in random locations around the map, and this guide will let you know where to find him along with his inventory.
Where to find Xur the Merchant in Destiny 2
Xur’s location in Destiny 2 changes each week, and he can be found in the Tower between September 17 and 21. The merchant will be standing near the back stairs of the Hangar.
- Read more: How to get Ager’s Scepter in Destiny 2
Once you visit him, you can get yourself some neat new Exotic items to use in the game. Xur will provide you with items that are at the same power level as you.
Xur’s September 17 – 21 items in Destiny 2
This week’s collection of wares consists of impressive weapons, helmets, quests, and cosmetic items. You can equip these and reap their benefits when running into combat in Destiny 2.
Here’s a breakdown of every item that you can get from Xur the merchant this week in the game.
This fusion rifle comes with the Exotic perk, Conserve Momentum, which lets it charge the fusion bursts faster for every non-lethal hit. This lets you kill bigger enemies much quicker.
- Read More: How to get Upgrade Modules in Destiny 2
Merciless was considered one of the best Exotic weapons in year 1 of the game. While there are better weapons in Destiny 2 to choose from, you can still have a ton of fun with this gun.
Shards of Galanor
This item comes with the Sharp Edges perk, which refunds Super energy based on the number of blades you hit with Blade Barrage. This will allow you to dish out more pain during Strikes and Crucibles.
This Titan helmet was considered to be one of the best Exotic items during Destiny 2: Forsaken, and it comes with the Vengeance Exotic perk. This will mark enemies that deal damage to you, letting you track them through walls.
These Exotic boots were from Forsaken, and their Exotic perk is Close Enough. This recharges your Chaos Reach Super while sprinting if you have at least 90% energy. You can increase the duration by damaging enemies with Chaos Reach.
Exotic Cipher Quest
Xur also has a new quest for an Exotic Cipher this week. This lets you purchase old Exotics from the Monuments to Lost Light kiosk in the tower. You should do this Quest so that you can acquire Exotics like Heir Apparent and Truth.
- Read more: How to claim Destiny 2 Prime Gaming rewards
The merchant requires you to complete 21 Strikes or win Crucible or Gambit matches this week. You’ll earn the Exotic Cipher once you’ve completed this Quest.
Stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for more Destiny 2, and check out the Destiny 2 Hotfix 18.104.22.168 Update patch notes.
Image credits: Bungie
Best AK-47 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
The AK-47 Assault Rifle is extremely powerful in Cold War Season 5, and these are the attachments and Perks to...
Best Kar98k loadout for CoD: Vanguard Beta
The Kar98k is a lightning-quick Sniper Rifle in Call of Duty: Vanguard, so here's the best loadout with Perks and...
Best SP-R 208 loadout for CoD: Warzone Season 5
The SP-R 208 is one of Warzone's fastest snipers, so here are the attachments and perks to make the best...