Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War’s 80s Action Heroes event is here, and players can earn a ton of free items for completing the in-game challenge event.
Alongside brand new John McClane and Rambo Operator Bundles, players can also get their hands on 20 free items through completing Season 3 Reloaded’s in-game challenge event. There are two sets of nine challenges, 18 in total, for players to complete across Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, and completing all challenges will unlock two unique weapon blueprints.
As you complete the challenges across Warzone and Cold War, such as completing matches in specific playlists or earning kills with the new Combat Bow Killstreak, you’ll unlock “free player profile items, Weapon Charms and Stickers, a new Arcade Game, and even Weapon Blueprints.”
Here’s everything you need to do for the 80s Action Heroes event challenges and the rewards.
How to complete Warzone 80s Action Heroes challenges
Although these challenges can only be completed in Warzone, the items earned will be available in both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. And for completing all of the Warzone challenges, you’ll get immediate access to the Ignition Blueprint for the Sniper Rifle Alpha.
Here are Warzone’s 80s Action Heroes challenges:
- In Warzone, earn First Blood by being the first member of your squad to get a kill.
- In Warzone, get 15 kills with Explosive weapons or Lethal Equipment.
- In Warzone Power Grab, collect 50 Dog Tags.
- In Warzone Power Grab, reach the final circle 5 times.
- In Warzone, Eliminate 25 enemy agents during the Arms Deal Public Event.
- In Warzone, survive a jump to the ground from the top of the Nakatomi Tower.
- In Warzone, complete any one of the three side missions at Nakatomi Tower.
- In Warzone, collect 3 Rambo POW Dog Tags.
- In Warzone, get 3 kills with the Combat Bow Killstreak.
How to complete Cold War 80s Action Heroes challenges
Although these challenges are to be completed in Cold War, the cosmetic items will be available across both games. But note that the Robot Tank Arcade Game will only be available in Black Ops Cold War, where it can be accessed in the barracks.
And for finishing all of Cold War’s event challenges, you’ll be rewarded with the Flamebearer Blueprint for the DMR 14.
Here are Cold War’s 80s Action Heroes challenges:
- Complete 7 matches in MP or Zombies ’80s Action Heroes playlists.
- In an ’80s Action Heroes playlist, win MP matches or survive until Round 15 in Zombies a total of 3 times.
- In an ’80s Action Heroes playlist, get a total of 100 eliminations in MP or Slaughter Medals in Zombies.
- In MP or Zombies, earn 25 Have a Blast Medals by getting kills with explosives.
- In MP or Zombies, earn 25 Become War Medals using automatic weapons.
- In MP or Zombies, earn 25 Light Em Up Medals while using the Death Machine.
- In MP or Zombies, earn 25 This is Personal Medals while using Melee Weapons.
- Get 3 kills without dying in MP or earn Jackrabbit Medals in Zombies a total of 10 times.
- In MP or Zombies, earn 10 Chopped Up Medals while using the Tomahawk.
80s Action Heroes event rewards
For completing these challenges across Cold War and Warzone, you’ll unlock 20 unique rewards ranging from weapon Blueprints to calling cards.
Alongside these event challenges, Verdansk ’84 has undergone significant map changes, such as Die Hard’s Nakatomi Plaza arriving in Downtown. Also, the fan-favorite Standoff map has finally made its way to Cold War.
Image Credit: Activision
Season 1 Vanguard update set to sync progression from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Treyarch’s latest announcement has detailed how Black Ops Cold War progression will sync to Vanguard with upcoming update.
As season 6 of Black Ops Cold War comes to a close, the devs have announced that an update will allow progress earned in last year’s title to sync to Vanguard.
Call of Duty players have just received confirmation that playing previous Call of Duty titles will work toward progressing in Vanguard. A new update is set to hit Black Ops Cold War on December 6th in preparation for the massive launch of Vanguard Season 1 on December 8.
The patch notes detail synchronized progression with Vanguard as well as new Prestige Levels and rewards, Season Challenge unlocks for the past six seasons, new Prestige Shop content, and weapon balancing.
Black Ops Cold War fans will be happy to hear that the game is going to continue to receive updates alongside Call of Duty: Vanguard. The latest announcement from Treyarch shares plenty of info concerning shared progression across Call of Duty titles.
Players will enjoy synced progression from each of Modern Warfare, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone toward Vanguard. This may seem complicated but it just means that playing any of the three titles mentioned above will earn progression for Vanguard.
Synced progression entails unlocking Military Rank, weapons, Equipment, and Killstreaks. In addition, there will be a ton of interesting details such as allowing players to showcase their lifetime Prestige number earned across past titles.
Some changes will go live on December 6 while the rest will occur on December 8.
- Synchronized Military Ranks and Prestige Levels
- Military Rank and Prestige Level progression will be synchronized with Vanguard at the launch of Season One.
- All players will begin the season at the Military Rank or Prestige Level they have currently reached in Vanguard, or Military Rank 1 if they have not played Vanguard yet.
- Players can progress Vanguard Military Ranks in Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, and Modern Warfare to unlock weapons, Equipment, Killstreaks, and other content for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Prestige Rewards
- Complete Military Ranks 1-55 to start a new Prestige journey, with new Prestige Levels to unlock across Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare.
- In Season One, players can earn up to Prestige 7 as they progress their Season Level. Four additional Prestige Levels will be added per season.
- Each Prestige Level awards a Prestige Key, Tier Skip, Emblem, and Sticker in Black Ops Cold War.
- Reach Season Level 50 in Season One to unlock the exclusive “Duck Hunt” Weapon Blueprint for use in Vanguard and Warzone.
- Lifetime Prestige
- Lifetime Prestige display added to Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at the start of Vanguard Season One that display the total number of Prestige Levels earned across previous seasons and in Vanguard.
- Prestige Master Ribbons
- Players can now continue their Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbon progression. Each season, a new Prestige Master Ribbon will be added to the current six Black Ops Cold War Prestige Master Ribbons.
- Players can progress their Prestige Master Ribbons in Black Ops Cold War, Vanguard, Warzone, and Modern Warfare by reaching Prestige Master at Season Level 200.
- Players can now catch up on missed Prestige Master Ribbons each time they earn 200 Season Levels in a season. For example, reaching Season Level 400 will award two Prestige Master Ribbons, if available.
- Black Ops Cold War Prestige Icons will be unlocked and available in the Prestige Shop for anyone who earned them in previous seasons.
- Players can now equip any acquired Prestige Icon (1-27) as long as they’ve reached Prestige Master at least once in a current or previous season.
- Players do not need to currently be Prestige Master to access Custom Prestige Icons in the Prestige Shop.
- Equipped Prestige Icons will no longer be reset at the start of each season.
- All previous Black Ops Cold War Season Challenges will be revealed and can be progressed by players who hadn’t revealed them over the course of previous seasons. Legacy Season Challenges can continue to be progressed in Black Ops Cold War.
- Starting with Season One, players can access and progress new Multiplayer Season Challenges in Vanguard and Warzone, as well as Zombies Season Challenges in Vanguard.
Weapon Unlock Challenges
- .410 Ironhide
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the .410 Ironhide Shotgun.
- Weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the Grav Assault Rifle.
Weapon Tuning (Dec. 6)
- Reduced Damage Range from 3.81m to 3.68m.
- Increased Damage drop-off when fired beyond 3.68m.
- Dragon’s Breath Attachment
- Now has a -5% effect on Fire Rate.
- Increased Damage Range penalty from -25% to -35%.
- Reduced Damage bonus from +17% to +16%.
- 12.1″ Extended Barrel
- Reduced Damage Range bonus from +20% to +15%.
- Updated Lobby theming in Multiplayer and Zombies.
Zombies (Dec 6)
- Closed an exploit during the Main Quest boss fight.
- Added “Not Enough Essence” prompt to the Arcade Token dispenser when the player does not have enough Essence to purchase a token.
Mauer der Toten
- Addressed an issue where a texture was not appearing correctly after melting the door during the Main Quest.
- Enemies killed by Brain Rot zombies will now contribute toward the Dragon Relic World Event.
- Added Onslaught Containment and Onslaught Deprogram to offline Local play.
- Fixed stability issues related to the Arsenal.
That covers everything from the upcoming Black Ops Cold War update. If you’re enjoying Vanguard, be sure to check out how this update impacts your gaming experience on December 8.
For more Vanguard content, check out why Zombies players are disappointed with Vanguard.
Image Credit: Activision / Sledgehammer Games / Treyarch
When does Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start? Season 6 end date
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 6 is set to make way for Vanguard Season 1, here’s everything we know about when it will happen.
Call of Duty: Vanguard is finally here, but players will have to wait a little longer for the game’s first season. Here’s everything we know about Vanguard & Warzone Season 1, including release date and content.
After months of anticipation, Call of Duty: Vanguard has finally arrived, taking players back in time to World War II for all-out combat across the world. While Vanguard dropped on November 5, players will have to wait a little longer for the first season, and the content it will bring with it.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 start date
The sixth season of Black Ops Cold War and Warzone will end on Thursday, December 2, 2021, bringing an end to the Treyarch game’s run. Vanguard Season 1 will officially kick off on December 8.
Vanguard owners will have 24-hour exclusive first play access to the Caldera map. Open access begins on Dec. 9. So, if you’re looking to get on the new map early, make sure you purchase Vanguard!
Vanguard will have been out nearly a month by this point, making it the ideal time to bring in the new Warzone Caldera map and WW2 weapons set to drop with the first season, as well as the long-awaited introduction of anti-cheat.
This isn’t to say that Black Ops Cold War will be forgotten, as Modern Warfare has still received content updates in the last year.
Vanguard & Warzone Season 1 content
Season 1 will be hugely important for both games, with major content coming to both Vanguard and Warzone.
For Vanguard, players will receive new multiplayer maps to explore and do battle on, along with the first Vanguard-specific Battle Pass, filled with new cosmetic content for players to enjoy.
- Read More: Best FOV settings for CoD: Vanguard
Season 1 is set to be one of the biggest Warzone updates ever, with the new Pacific Caldera map finally releasing, Vanguard weapons being added, and the introduction of the new RICOCHET anti-cheat system.
What’s happening before Vanguard & Warzone Season 1
While December 8th will be when all of the official Vanguard and Warzone Season 1 action will be kicking off, there is still plenty of action to enjoy in the remaining time of Black Ops Cold War Season 6.
You can find the official schedule for all of the content coming to Warzone and Black Ops Cold War ahead of Vanguard Season 1 below thanks to the Call of Duty blog.
- October 28 (Console) and November 2 (PC): Call of Duty: Vanguard Pre-Loading Begins – Pre-order now to get your game ready to play immediately at launch, in addition to numerous bonuses across Vanguard, Black Ops Cold War, and Warzone.
- November 5: Call of Duty: Vanguard Launch – Expect epic experiences on all fronts with Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies. Additionally, RICOCHET Anti-Cheat begins its implementation with server-side initiatives.
- November 5 to December 2: Preseason in Vanguard – Access to Free Vanguard Tiers on the Black Ops Cold War Season Six Battle Pass System continues. Then on November 17, prepare to ship off to a fan-favorite map.
- November 18: Operation: Flashback Begins in Warzone – An encore limited-time mode for Verdansk, celebrating its past 18 months of hosting over 100 million players strong in Warzone. Ready for your last dance in Verdansk?
- November 24: Uncover the “Secrets of the Pacific” – Get intel on Caldera and its new points of interest through this event’s Warzone and Vanguard Multiplayer challenges.
- November 30 and December 1: Last Hours of Verdansk. – Bombs away – see what happens to Verdansk before Warzone goes dark to prepare for Caldera and Season One.
- December 8: Season One Begins – Vanguard players get new Multiplayer maps, 24 hours of exclusive access to Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Pacific and more to kick off Season One. All players can enjoy a new Battle Pass system and two free functional weapons. Plus: RICOCHET Anti-Cheat’s driver begins its rollout in Warzone.
In the meantime, players will be able to enjoy the first month of Vanguard and to get the most out of your WWII experience, check out our guide on the best controller and aim assist settings, or when the next Double XP event will take place.
Image credits: Activision
Will you be able to use Cold War and Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Our quick and easy guide will answer the question of whether or not players can use Cold War and Modern Warfare guns in Warzone Pacific.
One question on everyone’s mind ahead of Warzone Pacific’s Caldera map is whether or not you’ll be able to use Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s guns in it. We will answer that for you today.
Call of Duty: Warzone already has a ridiculously bloated arsenal of weapons for players to choose from. With over 100 guns to select as of Warzone Season 6, the transition into Warzone Pacific and the new Caldera map will see all of Vanguard’s guns added.
Can you use Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons in Warzone Pacific?
Fans of any of Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will be pleased to know that they too will also be carrying over into Warzone Pacific.
In an exclusive interview with Dexerto, Zach Hodson, Lead Designer at Sledgehammer Games discussed how Vanguard’s weapons will have to be considered when being added to all the other existing guns in the game.
He said that SHG has to keep a “separate balance sheet to track how things might work in Warzone.” Presumably, this is to factor in the extra 40 guns, taking Warzone up to a total of about 150 guns for players to use.
It should be noted that Warzone Pacific game modes will tailor the guns to its different game modes. Warzone Caldera Battle Royale will allow the use of all guns, whereas Vanguard-specific modes will only allow the use of Vanguard weapons.
How to use Cold War & MW weapons in Warzone Pacific
Whilst there’s nothing concrete just yet, we think that to use these weapons in Warzone Pacific, players will simply be able to select the ones they have unlocked once the Season 1 integration with Vanguard goes live.
When Black Ops Cold War and Warzone merged, it was a simple case of players being able to use the guns that they’d unlocked in Cold War, Modern Warfare, and Warzone. If you hadn’t unlocked a certain gun, then you could complete a challenge condition that was different in each game.
We expect this to be exactly the same in Warzone Pacific, and it’ll be up to the preference of the player, and their availability of each CoD game, to decide how to unlock particular weapons.
We’ll be sure to update this once Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have provided a bit more official insight into the integration of weapons.
In the meantime, check out everything we know about Vanguard and Warzone Season 1.
Image Credit: Activision / Raven Software / Sledgehammer Games
Double weapon XP period begins as Vanguard players criticize slow weapon progression
Double weapon XP and Battle Pass XP is now live in Vanguard as players remain unhappy with limited weapon level...
Season 1 Vanguard update set to sync progression from Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Treyarch's latest announcement has detailed how Black Ops Cold War progression will sync to Vanguard with upcoming update.
FIFA 22 Team of the Group Stage: Release date & featured players
Ultimate Team players can now test out the new Team of the Group Stage promo. Here's the release date and...