Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Season 4 is finally upon us, giving Zombies fans another easter egg to get to grips with in Outbreak.
After players completed the first easter egg, Treyarch has decided to follow up on that, with this second quest leading up to the new classic survival map, Mauer der Toten, and serving as a prologue to the new map’s story.
Just yesterday, Treyarch tweeted that the Outbreak Excision quest was live in Black Ops Cold War Season 4, and just like always, the dedicated Zombies community was straight on it.
Less than 24 hours later, players had already completed the easter egg, gaining access to the cut scene, which, of course, progressed the Cold War Zombies storyline further towards Mauer der Toten.
Cold War Zombies Outbreak easter egg
According to popular Zombies content creator, MrRoflWaffles, this second Outbreak easter egg is “much more straightforward” than the first and “doesn’t end in a boss fight,” so let’s get into the steps.
- Get to world tier 3.
- Once there, find a red portal that spawns in various locations:
- Ruka: Far left side of the map in the little house
- Alpine: Bottom of the map just underneath a small cliffside
- Duga: Top side of the map, down in the bunker where the crafting bench is
- Zoo: Bottom right of the map in a small hole inside the big animal enclosure
- Golova: Bottom of the map, inside the Church, climb up the ladder, and it is in a room on the top floor
- When you find it, jump into it, and you will be teleported above the map, where you will have to spot another red portal to dive into. You will need to repeat this three times.
- On the third, you will be teleported above the map again, but this time an item will spawn with you. Follow it and pick it up.
- Finish your main quest objective on world tier 3 and go to where the anomaly has spawned in and spawn in the beacon.
- Use the beacon to speak to Ravenov, then use the beacon again to teleport to Sanitorium.
- Once you are there, run over to the bottom left crash site, clear out the zombies, then interact with the radio hanging out the chopper.
- You then need to find the Aethereal Orb around the map, which you can find by listening to the audio.
- Once you find it, shoot it in the direction of the bridge on the map. Keep doing so until it stops on the bridge.
- You then need to find a bunny toy that is found in an inactive, broken mystery box. Once you find it, interact with it and take down the zombies that will spawn. It will return to the ground after you defend it. Pick it up and place it on the buggy that the orb stopped at on the bridge.
- You will then begin an escort step, where everyone in the game will have to walk with it and protect it. Escort it until it stops, and the zombies disappear, run into the building in front of where it stopped, and interact with the radio inside.
- This will activate an exfil, run over to it, complete it, but there will be an Orda boss in the way.
- Once completed, hop on the helicopter, and that’s it. Quest complete!
The Operation Excision Cold War Outbreak Zombies Easter Egg continues the story developed in the first quest for the popular Zombies game mode that was added to the first-person shooter in Season 3.
There is no doubt that the community is now more excited than ever to jump into Mauer der Toten in July and see where the Cold War Outbreak Zombies Easter Egg story continues.
Image Credits: Activision / Treyarch
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Treyarch confirm Jungle map remaster & new weapon arriving in Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War devs Treyarch have confirmed a new long-range weapon and Jungle map remaster coming soon.
Treyarch have confirmed brand-new content is on the way for Black Ops Cold War, including a new weapon and remastered version of the classic Jungle map.
Now, Treyarch have announced more new additions that they have planned for Black Ops Cold War in May and beyond, including a long-range weapon and a remastered version of a classic Call of Duty map.
Cold War Jungle map remaster release date
Treyarch confirmed that the remastered Jungle map will make its way to Black Ops Cold War on Friday, May 6. The new map hit the game at 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM UK.
Treyarch originally confirmed their plans for brand-new Call of Duty content in a blog post on April 14, including the addition of the classic map Jungle. When the map hits the game on May 6, players will be able to jump into a Jungle 24/7 playlist.
When this map first made its debut, it consisted of a ruined village and military base near a river in the middle of a Vietnamese jungle. Players could take advantage of its many slopes and ladders to move quickly between levels.
Jungle won over players with its impressive layout and was added to other CoD titles like Black Ops III and Black Ops 4. Now, a remastered version will be added to Cold War’s standard 6v6 playlists in a new update.
New Cold War weapon
Adding new weapons often shakes up the meta of CoD titles, so we can expect major changes after this new content drop arrives.
For more Black Ops Cold War, be sure to check out Treyarch confirming that Cold War won’t receive more Zombies maps as well as the leaked Scythe weapon and its unlock requirements.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Warzone players call for devs to remove Shotguns after Season 3 Reloaded damage nerfs
Many now feel that Warzone's Shotguns are pointless after the damage nerfs that came with the Season 3 Reloaded update.
How to complete FIFA 22 Fabinho & Rodrygo Showdown SBC
Players can secure one or both of Fabinho and Rodrygo as part of the new FIFA 22 Ultimate Team Showdown...
Warzone players satisfied with “amazing” new Squad HUD feature
Warzone Pacific Season 3 Reloaded brought some new content to the game, including a Squad HUD feature which players are...