Season of the Chosen may have ended, but it has been replaced by Season of the Splicer, which means another 10 lots of Weekly Challenges in Destiny 2. Here are the details on Week One.
Another few weeks of freshness, curiosity, and intrigue have begun thanks to the launch of Season of the Splicer in Destiny 2. Bungie’s latest chunk of Destiny content is finally here, and aside from the Vault of Glass raid, a new Battle Pass, and much more, there are also new Weekly Challenges to complete.
The challenges are available to complete right now, so let’s go through what Week One has in store for us.
Season of the Splicer Week One Challenges
If you ever need to refer back to these challenges whilst you’re playing Destiny 2, you can find the Challenges under the Quests selection in the menu.
Here’s the complete list of the Season of the Splicer Week One Challenges:
- Hello, World – Speak to the Splicer Servitor and complete Path of the Splicer I, and defeat powerful Cabal anywhere in the system. Bonus progress granted for defeating combatants in Override
- Maximum Override – Complete Override missions and deposit Data Spikes as a team. Bonus progress granted for each piece of Season of the Splicer armor equipped
- Ethereal Splicer I – Collect Ether by playing Strikes, Gambit, Crucible, Public Events, and more
- Sidearm Splicer – In Override, defeat opponents with Sidearms. Earn bonus progress for precision final blows
- Icebound – On Europa, earn progress by completing bounties, patrols, public events, and Lost Sectors
- Challenger’s Aspiration – Complete weekly playlist challenges
- Close-Range Calibration – Calibrate close-range weapons—Sidearms, Submachine Guns, Shotguns, Swords—on Europa. Bonus progress for rapidly defeating targets
- Drifter’s Chosen – Earn points by banking Motes, defeating Blockers, and defeating Guardians in Gambit
- Sacred Scorcher – Defeat Guardians in Team Scorched. Earn bonus progress for charged detonations
- Vex Deletion Protocol – Defeat Vex bosses in strikes
If you missed out on any challenges for Season of the Chosen then your window has now closed them for them sadly.
But Season of the Splicer’s challenges are here and will be retroactive until this season concludes and the next one begins.
That’s all for this week’s Destiny 2 Season of the Splicer Seasonal Challenges. Stay tuned for more information on Season of the Splicer and check out our complete guide on using Transmog in Destiny 2.
Image Credit: Bungie
Competitive Destiny game could be in development with Bungie job listing
A Bungie job posting strongly points toward a new competitive game set within the Destiny universe being in development.
According to a job listing from July 2022, Bungie are developing an “exciting new title” in the Destiny universe with competitive elements.
Destiny 2 is currently in its 17th season and is showing no sign of slowing down, with rumors claiming a Destiny mobile game is in development and a job listing pointing towards a competitive title being in development.
Destiny devs Bungie are certainly no stranger to developing games that competitive players love, with the original Halo trilogy having a booming esports scene. Now, this job listing appears to confirm that Bungie are developing a brand-new competitive game set in the Destiny universe.
Bungie’s job posting reveals they are looking for a Senior Concept Artist to work on an “exciting new title” where the dev will need to work on “guns, characters, armors, vehicles, environments, and other seasonal art needs.”
- Read more: Every Destiny 2 DLC and Expansion: Full list
The job posting is rather vague when describing the game, but there are a couple of bullet points that give us a strong indication.
The listing appears to confirm that it’s associated with Destiny, where the Concept Artist will need to “Continually push aesthetics of the Destiny universe.”
There’s no guarantee that it’s a competitive-focused game but it should have at least a competitive element where “Experience with and love of competitive games” is listed as a “nice-to-have skill.”
Aside from these snippets of information, what the game’s about is anyone’s guess. It’s possible that it’ll be a standalone version of the Crucible mode, but with it being a “new title” it’s unlikely.
The job listing also doesn’t clarify if this is the leaked mobile title or something completely different, but don’t expect it anytime soon if they’re still hiring senior developers.
For more PvP leaks and rumors, you can check out everything we know about Modern Warfare 2’s leaked Tarkov-inspired DMZ mode.
Image Credit: Bungie
Is Destiny getting a mobile game? Leaks & rumors
Bungie are allegedly working on a new Destiny mobile title, and here’s everything we know about it, including all leaks and rumors.
There are rumors that the Destiny 2 developers are currently working on a brand-new mobile game with NetEase Interactive, and here’s everything that we know about this.
Many popular video game series like Apex Legends and Call of Duty have released mobile titles, and new rumors suggest that the Destiny 2 developers currently have plans to do the same thing.
Is Destiny getting a mobile game?
The Chinese company NetEase has previously worked on mobile titles like Diablo Immortal, and The Game Post claims that it is currently hiring staff to work on an “unannounced FPS mobile game.”
- Read More: Most popular Apex Legends characters
According to The Game Post, this information came from a “source with knowledge of NetEase’s development plans” and Bungie are said to be collaborating with the Chinese conglomerate for this project.
Bungie has allegedly been working on a new Destiny game for “over two years now” so they might be bringing a mobile port similar to Apex Legends mobile or the upcoming Warzone Mobile. However, it’s possible that they could be developing an entirely new IP altogether.
Is there a Destiny Mobile release date?
At the time of writing, no release date has been confirmed for this mobile game. However, it’s been 5 years since Destiny 2 first arrived, so it wouldn’t be surprising if Bungie are gearing up to release a new entry. We’ll let you know once we hear anything about the release date.
- Read more: How to spectate in Fortnite
It’s worth keeping in mind that this information is based on leaks, so be sure to take it with a grain of salt until we get official confirmation from either company about the development of this title.
We’ll be sure to update this article with more information about Bungie’s alleged mobile title as it becomes available, including any leaks and details about the plot or gameplay. So, be sure to check back with us!
Image credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards: May 20
The Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards are out for the week of May 20. Use our quick and easy guide to see what items can be redeemed.
Players who love to battle it out in competitive PvP action to earn Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris rewards can now see what the week of May 20 has to offer.
Destiny 2‘s Trial of Osiris has become a staple of Bungie’s sci-fi shooter, thanks to its heated action, and the rewards for May 20 are now available to see.
One of the most popular game modes that the first-person shooter offers is, no doubt, Trials of Osiris, which is the game’s competitive multiplayer playlist that allows Guardians to test their skills against other players.
One of the exciting factors of this game mode, besides proving your skills, is the new set of rewards that players can earn with their success every week. Here is the newest set of Trials of Osiris rewards in Destiny 2, the Witch Queen update.
What are the Trials of Osiris rewards for May 20 in Destiny 2?
The Trials of Osiris is an end-game Crucible event that resets its rewards and map on Fridays at 9 AM PST / 1 PM EST / 6 PM GMT.
- Read More: Destiny 2 Xur location and items this week
The more reputation you can earn in Bungie’s Trials of Osiris, the better quality of rewards you will receive in Destiny 2.
Trials of Osiris May 20 map
The map that players fight on changes each week, keeping things fresh and exciting for players. Here is the Trials of Osiris map for the week starting May 20 in Destiny 2:
- Endless Vale
Trials of Osiris May 20 rewards
Here is the complete list of Trials of Osiris rewards for this week:
- Reputation Rank 4: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 7: Enhancement Prism (3)
- Reputation Rank 10: Trials Weapon (Changes for each rank reset)
- Reputation Rank 13: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 16: Trials Weapon (Changes for each rank reset)
- Flawless Reward: Aisha’s Embrace (Adept)
To earn the Flawless Reward, players will need to win seven Trials of Osiris matches without losing a single game.
- Read More: Every Destiny 2 DLC and Expansion: Full list
It’s a tough feat, no doubt, but it’s doable with enough skill, patience, and understanding of the game’s mechanics.
- Passage of Ferocity – Your third match win grants a bonus win. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Mercy – Forgives one loss per run. (10000 Glimmer & 15 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Wealth – Increased Trials Rank points from reaching 3, 5, and 7 match wins on a ticket. (15000 Glimmer & 25 Legendary Shards)
- Passage of Confidence – Grants bonus rewards from Flawless Chest. (20000 Glimmer & 50 Legendary Shards)
So, there you have it, that’s all the information you’ll need for this week’s Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris, make sure you try your best to get after these rewards, as they can be used to make your overall Destiny 2 experience more fruitful and enjoyable!
Image Credits: Bungie
Best Assault Rifles in Warzone: Every Season 4 Reloaded AR ranked
Assault Rifles are great all-rounders in Warzone Pacific Season 4 Reloaded, so here are Warzone's ARs ranked and the best...
MultiVersus Season 1 update: Release date, Morty, Battle Pass price
MultiVersus Season 1 will bring a ton of new content to the game including Battle Pass rewards and a new...
Hogwarts Legacy: Release date, gameplay, trailer, more
Harry Potter fans will soon be able to live out their wizarding dreams with the release of Hogwarts Legacy, an...