Defeating enemies and besting the Trial of Osiris are just some of the challenges in store for Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen players in Week 8.
Season of the Chosen’s conclusion is looming ever nearer. We’ve had seven weeks of exciting and varied challenges to complete, and Week Eight is no different. Naturally, the focus is shifting gears towards Season 14 and the future of Destiny 2, but Season of the Chosen still has gas left in the tank.
Week Eight’s Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen Challenges have been leaked, and Reddit user Parisito1234 has been able to provide the information.
The Week Eight challenges will go live on March 30.
Season of the Chosen Week Eight Challenges
If you ever need to refer back to these challenges whilst you’re playing Destiny 2, you can find the challenges under the Quests selection in the menu.
Here’s the complete list of the Season of the Chosen Week Eight challenges:
- Nightfall Proving Grounds – Defeat combatants using a Linear Fusion Rifle or Sidearm in the Nightfall: The Ordeal version of the Proving Grounds strike
- Legendary Lost Sector Variety Attack – Defeat combatants in Legendary Lost Sectors using Sniper Rifles, Submachine Guns, Rocket Launchers, or Bows
- Lenses in Focus – Go to the Prismatic Recaster and discover how to unlock (10) more lenses
- Clearing the Inner Circle – Defeat (40) Primeval Envoys in Gambit
- Trial by Firing Squad – Win multiple (7) rounds in the Trials of Osiris
- Decisive Strike – Acquire the Panacea ornament for the Salvager’s Salvo Grenade Launcher
The clock is ticking down to the end of Season of the Chosen, so if you’ve still got a decent backlog of challenges sitting there uncompleted, we’d think about getting them done.
The challenges are all retroactive and will be available throughout the season’s duration. Also, find out how to get your hands on the Dead Man’s Tale Exotic Rifle and Bell of Conquests Seasonal Artifact in Destiny 2.
That’s all for this week’s Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen Seasonal Challenges. We’ll have the info on Week Nine’s challenges next week and see what Bungie has in store for us.
Image credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Xur location and items: September 17 – 21
Here is where you can find Xur the Merchant and get different Exotic items for yourself when playing Destiny 2.
You can get Exotic items for yourself in Destiny 2 by visiting Xur the merchant. This character moves around, so here is his location and all the items that you can get from him.
You can also get different Exotic items each week by visiting the merchant, Xur. He hangs out in random locations around the map, and this guide will let you know where to find him along with his inventory.
Where to find Xur the Merchant in Destiny 2
Xur’s location in Destiny 2 changes each week, and he can be found in the Tower between September 17 and 21. The merchant will be standing near the back stairs of the Hangar.
- Read more: How to get Ager’s Scepter in Destiny 2
Once you visit him, you can get yourself some neat new Exotic items to use in the game. Xur will provide you with items that are at the same power level as you.
Xur’s September 17 – 21 items in Destiny 2
This week’s collection of wares consists of impressive weapons, helmets, quests, and cosmetic items. You can equip these and reap their benefits when running into combat in Destiny 2.
Here’s a breakdown of every item that you can get from Xur the merchant this week in the game.
This fusion rifle comes with the Exotic perk, Conserve Momentum, which lets it charge the fusion bursts faster for every non-lethal hit. This lets you kill bigger enemies much quicker.
- Read More: How to get Upgrade Modules in Destiny 2
Merciless was considered one of the best Exotic weapons in year 1 of the game. While there are better weapons in Destiny 2 to choose from, you can still have a ton of fun with this gun.
Shards of Galanor
This item comes with the Sharp Edges perk, which refunds Super energy based on the number of blades you hit with Blade Barrage. This will allow you to dish out more pain during Strikes and Crucibles.
This Titan helmet was considered to be one of the best Exotic items during Destiny 2: Forsaken, and it comes with the Vengeance Exotic perk. This will mark enemies that deal damage to you, letting you track them through walls.
These Exotic boots were from Forsaken, and their Exotic perk is Close Enough. This recharges your Chaos Reach Super while sprinting if you have at least 90% energy. You can increase the duration by damaging enemies with Chaos Reach.
Exotic Cipher Quest
Xur also has a new quest for an Exotic Cipher this week. This lets you purchase old Exotics from the Monuments to Lost Light kiosk in the tower. You should do this Quest so that you can acquire Exotics like Heir Apparent and Truth.
- Read more: How to claim Destiny 2 Prime Gaming rewards
The merchant requires you to complete 21 Strikes or win Crucible or Gambit matches this week. You’ll earn the Exotic Cipher once you’ve completed this Quest.
Stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for more Destiny 2, and check out the Destiny 2 Hotfix 188.8.131.52 Update patch notes.
Image credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 player count: How many people play in 2021?
Destiny 2 is in Season 15, which will take players through to 2022. Having said that, what is the Destiny 2 player count in 2021?
Destiny 2 has been an extremely popular game for some time now, despite being released back in 2017, but how many people are still playing in 2021? Let’s take a look at the Destiny 2 player count.
Destiny 2 has become a classic for video games, taking the franchise to a new level with the number of players they have had invested since its release in 2017.
Although the game has been around for some time now, the developers continue to support the community and add new content to the game, like the most recent Season of the Lost update and continual hotfixes.
Having said that, what is the Destiny 2 player count in 2021?
Destiny 2 is a free-to-play game available across all platforms, allowing those from PC, Xbox, and PlayStation to all enjoy the game.
Not only is it available across these platforms, but players are also able to team up regardless of what their preference is, as the game supports cross-platform play.
The developers continue to support the community, even offering players Prime Gaming rewards to show their appreciation for the players.
Destiny 2 player count
Destiny 2 has a vast community, especially since going free-to-play, as it spans across various platforms. According to the website playercounter.com, the Destiny 2 player count was 1,118,036 online players at the time of writing this article.
Furthermore, the website also shows the percentage of the Destiny 2 player count for the top five countries in the world, which you can find below:
- United States – 26.11%
- Russia – 10.98%
- Germany – 6.80%
- Brazil – 5.93%
- United Kingdom – 5.56%
According to steamcharts.com, in the last 24 hours, the player count has peaked at 121,339 players on Steam, excluding the other platforms the game is available on.
This is a massive number of players enjoying the game, especially all these years after release.
- Read more: How to get Upgrade Modules in Destiny 2
Hopefully, Bungies continue to support the game and community, as it seems the Destiny 2 player count will continue to be very healthy heading into the future.
For more Destiny 2, check out our article on how to get Ager’s Scepter in Destiny 2: Hollow Coronation guide.
Image Credits: Bungie
Destiny 2 Hotfix 184.108.40.206: Update & patch notes
Bungie has released a new 220.127.116.11 Hotfix for Destiny 2 that should improve various aspects of the game in Season of the Lost.
We’re not too far into Bungie’s latest Destiny 2 chapter, Season of the Lost, and they have released a chunky Hotfix to improve it. Here are the full details of the 18.104.22.168 Hotfix for Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 Season 15’s Season of the Lost is quite a monumental step forward for the game in many ways. The long-awaited The Witch Queen expansion is just around the corner, with Season of the Lost setting players up for it, and Destiny 2 finally has crossplay.
But the progress doesn’t stop there though, as Bungie is always doing its utmost to ensure that Destiny 2 is free of bugs and problems. This is why the new 22.214.171.124 Hotfix looks to improve things by addressing some lingering issues and make some quality of life changes.
The update is available now, and here is the full extent of the Destiny 2 Season of the Lost 126.96.36.199 update and patch notes.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where Precious Scars was not correctly restoring player shields on matching weapon kills.
- Fixed an issue where Prometheum Spurs would not consistently spawn combination rifts on kills while rift energy is full.
- Fixed an issue where Dawn Chorus no longer extended burn damage.
- The issues regarding Wormgod Caress and Radiant Dance Machines have been resolved and these armor pieces have been re-enabled in all activities.
- Increased the effect of both the impact and detonation of Explosive Light on Rocket Launchers to now increase damage by 25%.
- Fixed an issue where Danger Zone was not functioning correctly on Rocket Launchers.
- Increase the cooldown of Shoot to Loot to four seconds.
- This is a temporary measure to prevent shooting a brick that can’t be picked up to trigger the auto-reload.
- Fixed an issue where ammo picked up by players could be quickly shot with Shoot to Loot to get additional ammo.
- Fixed an issue where an interaction between Hawkmoon and Hand Cannon Holster allowed for repeated Paracausal shots.
- Fixed an issue with Ager’s Scepter where a player’s Super wouldn’t drain while in empowered mode.
- Fixed issue where a gilding Triumph could be completed before the base title Seal was claimed.
- Fixed issue where the Wyvern precision kill objective wasn’t progressing as intended.
- Fixed an issue where strike streaks were not rewarded after completing a strike if the player joined a strike in-progress or if the player was pulled forward.
- Players should no longer be able to apply Chill Touch to themselves or allies in strikes.
- Players should once again not be able to reset their reputation if they have not picked up all rank reward items.
- A quality-of-life improvement for rank resetting is coming later in Season 15.
- Players can no longer be stuck after encountering In’Anah for the first time.
- The Fanatic can no longer become stuck in the corner.
- The Spider Tank can no longer be killed early.
Master and Legend Lost Sectors
- Burns, shields, and Champions listed on the tooltip for Luna Lost Sectors should once again reflect what players find in-game.
PLATFORMS AND SYSTEMS
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Beyond Light Deluxe Edition upgrade from the Timeline took players to the full Deluxe Edition page instead of the upgrade page on the Steam store.
- Fixed an issue where Windows 7 users were unable to launch the game due to some incompatible *.dll files.
- Fixed an issue with Japanese translations of a few lore entries.
- Fixed an issue where several languages did not have a description for the Seasonal artifact.
- Fixed an issue where the Xunyou offer was not rewarding the correct items.
- Fixed an issue where the Warlock’s Nova Warp wouldn’t Blink if Hold Sprint was active.
- Fixed an issue where the barriers surrounding the Scorch Cannons in the Fallen Walker public event repelled anything that came near them.
- Increased the score target for Iron Banner Control from 125 to 150 (matching base Control).
- Adjusted the Iron Banner Mercy thresholds to reduce the number of games that end shortly before they reach the score target.
There are clearly plenty of improvements headed to Destiny 2 Season of the Lost, so it should make for a cleaner experience going forward.
Image Credit: Bungie
Best LC10 loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 5
The LC10 SMG is an incredibly strong choice in Cold War Season 5, so here are the best attachment and...
CoD Mobile Season 8 update: Patch notes, release time, Blackout map & Battle Pass
Here's everything we know about Call of Duty Mobile Season 8 update, including all of the patch notes that are...
Best Assault Rifle loadouts for Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta
Call of Duty: Vanguard has a great selection of top Assault Rifles, so here are the best loadouts to improve...