Forsaken’s Main Quester Easter Egg is now live in Black Ops Cold War. We’ve put together this, complete, in-depth guide to help you become the ruler of Zombies.
It’s that time when you need to strap yourself in and prepare for a lengthy and convoluted guide as Black Ops Cold War Season 6’s new Forsaken Zombies map has launched its Main Quest Easter Egg.
- End Lockdown, Get the Chrysalax, Collect Fuel tank & Destroy Aether Crystals
- ARC-XD, TV Station & Assemble Aetherium Neutralizer
- The Forsaken boss fight
Black Ops Cold War Forsaken Easter Egg guide
- Read More: Best Grav loadout for CoD: Cold War Season 6
Given that this is the last one before the Dark Aether Zombies story continues in Call of Duty: Vanguard, Treyarch has signed off Cold War with a bang.
1. End the Lockdown, get the Chrysalax, collect the Fuel Tank & destroy Aether Crystals
- First thing’s first, you need to turn on the power by ending the lockdown – we have a full guide on turning the power on in Forsaken
- You now need to get the Chrysalax, we also have a guide to get the Chrysalax, and once you’ve done that, head to the Observation Tower
- In the room with a Mystery Box location there is a button on the wall next to the windows with metal shutters, press it
- Watch/skip the cutscene and then head to ‘Fuel Processing,’ in here will be a pipe with a control panel on it that asks you to ‘Activate’ the Processing Tank (youneed to activate one box per player in the game)
- You’ll now go into lockdown, and once you complete it, you can pick up the ‘Fuel Tank’ item that falls from the ceiling
- Three big, Aether Crystals will now appear around the Forsaken map:
- Storage Zone 5 – Rooftops
- The Amplifier
- Staging Area
- For each of them, you need to use the Chrysalax’s gun function and shoot the protective orbs floating around the crystal, then smash it with the axe form
- In each scenario, pick up a ‘Crystal Shard’ that it drops, and wait for the spawned Abomination to open its mouth for you to throw the Crystal Shard into
- The Abomination’s tail should turn red, allowing you to kill it and collect the newly-created ‘Catalyzed Crystal Shard’ – do this for all three locations
- NOTE: For the Amplifier crystal, allow the Abomination to follow you all the way to the ‘Board Room,’ and get it to charge into the statue/pedastal in the corner of the room – collect the Housing Unit it drops
2. ARC-XD, TV Station & Assemble Aetherium Neutralizer
- Apply the ‘Dead Wire‘ mod to your gun, lure a Zombie to the ‘Arcade,’ and shoot one whilst it’s next to the ‘Grand Prix’ machine to turn it on
- Buy an ‘ARC-XD’ for 2,000 Points and drive it into the TV Station
- Drive behind the counter, very carefully, and wait for the pulse to knock the cover off the vent
- Make your way inside the vent and detonate the car next to the wall
- Once you’ve resumed control of your character, go to the TV Station and obtain the ‘Monitoring Device’ that is now visible thanks to the hole in the wall
- Head to the ‘Main Steet,’ go to the Workbench, and it’s time for you to ‘Assemble Aetherium Neutralizer’
- With the device in motion, follow it down the street and stay inside its protective area as you’ll take damage if you venture outside of it
- Fend off attacking Zombies and keep shooting red Aether Crystals to get more Catalyzed Crystal Shards – these will help to refuel the Neutralizer
- Reach the safe zone and this will be your final chance to get everything you need: Perks, Pack-A-Punch, crafting items such as the Kazimir Grenade, etc
3. The Forsaken boss fight
- Use the Chrysalax’s gun mode and shoot The Forsaken’s shoulders until the crystals break and its shield depletes
- Now kill Zombies near Samanatha Maxis until her ‘Maxis Essence Level’ is full, and then you’ll be able to place a fully-charged canister into one of the Laser Cannons
- Do your best to land shots on The Forsaken, using the cannon, until it loses power and goes offline again
- Repeat the canister-filling process, mount a Laser Cannon and unleash another barrage of fire at The Forsaken
- Once you get The Forsaken down to half health, you’ll eventually be transported to an almost empty void with a wall displaying art if Samantha Maxis and the words “No One Escapes Alive”
- You’ll then return to the fight, but this time you need to shoot the mid-section crystals to eradicate The Forsaken’s shield
- Again, you need to make sure you’re keeping Maxis filled, take the canister, jump back onto a Cannon, and get The Forsaken down to about 25% health
- The final bar of shield can be dealt with by shooting at The Forsaken’s head, and then it’s a case of filling the canister and using a Laser Cannon to take away the last slivers of health
- You will be automatically downed by the events happening around you, and you will then be shown the final cutscene
We hope you enjoyed our guide, and hopefully, it helps you with any bits you may be stuck on whilst completing the Cold War Forsaken map’s Main Quest Easter Egg.
For some more cool Cold War Zombies guides, check out how to visit Nacht der Untoten in Cold War Zombies Forsaken.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, so here’s our best compelte with Attachments, Perks, and Equipment.
The UGR is a brand-new SMG in Black Ops Cold War, and players can’t wait to try it out in multiplayer matches. Here’s our breakdown of the best UGR loadout to run in BOCW.
Even though CoD Vanguard is now in its third season, and Modern Warfare 2 is arriving this year, support for Black Ops Cold War is still going strong. After a huge Zombies patch on April 25, Treyarch have now added a remastered version of the Jungle map, as well as a new weapon.
The UGR SMG is an interesting close-range option, as it’s an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.” It doesn’t have the bullet velocity to take enemies out at distance, but it’s formidable in close-quarters combat.
If you’re looking to run it in multiplayer, you’ll need to know how to make the most of it. Check out our best UGR loadout for Black Ops Cold War.
- Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Best Cold War UGR Perks & Equipment
- How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
- Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Best Cold War UGR loadout attachments
- Barrel: 12.8″ VDV Reinforced
- Underbarrel: Spetsnaz Grip
- Magazine: Explosive Flechettes
- Handle: GRU Elastic Wrap
- Stock: KGB Skeletal Stock
We kick things off with the 12.8″ VDV Reinforced Barrel to seriously boost the UGR’s bullet velocity and damage range. The UGR is severely lacking in both departments, but this attachment makes it far more competitive in longer-range battles.
Next up, we went for the Spetsnaz Grip to keep the recoil in check and make it far easier to control. Then we chose KGB Skeletal Stock and GRU Elastic Wrap for a decrease in sprint-to-fire time and ADS speed, allowing you to get shots earlier while rushing around the map.
Many were surprised to see that the UGR comes with explosive rounds, so we couldn’t resist equipping Explosive Flechettes to our loadout. Aside from the obvious boost in overall damage, they also increase ammo capacity which is vital in a fast-firing weapon.
Best Cold War UGR Perk & Equipment
- Perk 1: Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask
- Perk 2: Scavenger & Assassin
- Perk 3: Ghost & Ninja
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex
- Tactical Equipment: Stimshot
We think the UGR is still effective with only five attachments, so we’re equipping Greed Wildcard to use extra Perks in each slot in BOCW multiplayer matches,
Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask are incredibly important in the first slot, as they’ll keep you protected from incoming explosives and Gas Mines, which can be frustrating when running and gunning.
Next, we picked Scavenger to make sure you never run out of ammo, as well as Assassin to keep the Scorestreaks rolling in. In the final slot, we recommend Ghost to stay invisible on enemy radars, as well as Ninja to help with flanking, which you’ll want to do a lot of with the UGR.
In terms of equipment, Semtex is an easy-to-use lethal, while Stimshot will give you a handy health boost when things get tough out there.
How to unlock UGR in Black Ops Cold War
To unlock the UGR SMG, players must kill an enemy revealed by their Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. If you’re not a big multiplayer fan, it can be earned in Zombies by eliminating 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
You can also bypass the challenges altogether if you don’t mind spending 2,400 CoD Points on the new Lazar bundle.
Best alternatives to Cold War’s UGR
Black Ops Cold War has some powerful SMGs if the UGR isn’t working for you. The TEC-9 and LC10, in particular, remain incredibly strong in multiplayer matches and rank as two of the best weapons in the entire game.
For more, be sure to check out the best UGR loadout to use on Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
Image Credit: Activision
How to unlock UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Here’s everything you need to know about the new UGR SMG including how to unlock the weapon in Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch continue to release new weapons for Cold War and the latest is the UGR SMG based on the APS underwater rifle that will be making its way to both Cold War and Warzone. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
Although Vanguard is now in Season 3 and 2022’s Modern Warfare 2 has been announced, Treyarch are still releasing content for 2020’s Black Ops Cold War. Alongside a ton of Zombies changes that arrived with the April 25 update, Treyarch confirmed the classic Jungle map and a brand-new weapon would arrive in the “coming weeks.”
On May 6, the new UGR SMG made its way to the game alongside a remastered version of the Jungle map. Here’s how to unlock the UGR in Cold War and Warzone.
UGR SMG in Cold War & Warzone
Those who played Call of Duty: Ghosts may recognize Cold War’s new UGR SMG as it’s based on the APS underwater rifle that appeared in the campaign. The in-game description says it’s a “full-auto submachine gun” and an “underwater rifle modified for improved land performance.”
The weapon is projectile-based with quite a low bullet velocity, so you won’t be beaming enemies at range with ease. Players were also surprised to see that it comes with explosive bullets.
How to unlock UGR in Cold War & Warzone
Players can unlock the UGR by killing an enemy revealed by your Spy Plane, UAV, or Field Mic with an SMG in 15 different completed matches. You can also unlock the UGR in Zombies if you eliminate 1000 enemies while using an Epic rarity or better SMG.
The new UGR SMG has the same unlock challenge for both Cold War and Warzone, so it’ll be up to you to decide which game you’d like to complete it in. In addition, you can also receive the UGR straight away by purchasing the new Lazar bundle for 2,400 CoD Points.
Image Credit: Activision
Treyarch confirm Jungle map remaster & new weapon arriving in Black Ops Cold War
Black Ops Cold War devs Treyarch have confirmed a new long-range weapon and Jungle map remaster coming soon.
Treyarch have confirmed brand-new content is on the way for Black Ops Cold War, including a new weapon and remastered version of the classic Jungle map.
Now, Treyarch have announced more new additions that they have planned for Black Ops Cold War in May and beyond, including a long-range weapon and a remastered version of a classic Call of Duty map.
Cold War Jungle map remaster release date
Treyarch confirmed that the remastered Jungle map will make its way to Black Ops Cold War on Friday, May 6. The new map hit the game at 10:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM UK.
Treyarch originally confirmed their plans for brand-new Call of Duty content in a blog post on April 14, including the addition of the classic map Jungle. When the map hits the game on May 6, players will be able to jump into a Jungle 24/7 playlist.
When this map first made its debut, it consisted of a ruined village and military base near a river in the middle of a Vietnamese jungle. Players could take advantage of its many slopes and ladders to move quickly between levels.
Jungle won over players with its impressive layout and was added to other CoD titles like Black Ops III and Black Ops 4. Now, a remastered version will be added to Cold War’s standard 6v6 playlists in a new update.
New Cold War weapon
Adding new weapons often shakes up the meta of CoD titles, so we can expect major changes after this new content drop arrives.
For more Black Ops Cold War, be sure to check out Treyarch confirming that Cold War won’t receive more Zombies maps as well as the leaked Scythe weapon and its unlock requirements.
Image Credit: Activision / Treyarch
Best controller settings for Warzone Pacific Season 3 Reloaded
To improve your accuracy and movement in Warzone, here are the best controller settings after the Season 3 Reloaded update.
Apex Legends devs confirm fix for Xbox server crashing exploit in Season 13
The Apex Legends devs have officially fixed the Xbox server crashing exploit that was plaguing ranked games in Season 13.
Warzone May 26 update patch notes: Stim nerf, Whitley & Type 11 buff, bug fixes
Here are Warzone's full May 26 patch notes which bring the Stim nerf, bug fixes, and confirm buffs to the...