Here’s everything you need to know about the new Gauntlet mode on Classified, “Death-Con Five”
Just last month, Treyarch added a brand new game type to Call of Duty Zombies, Gauntlets. Launching on Voyage of Despair, then making its way to IX, the Classified Gauntlet is now available with Operation Grand Heist on PS4.
This challenge based mode takes players through 30 different waves with unique sets of rules for each. Another added element to Gauntlet is the timer which keeps track of how long each set of 10 rounds takes. This makes it great for competitive play and bragging to your friends.
The best tip for overcoming all 30 rounds is to know what the upcoming challenges will be so you can get ready for them. Remember, the round’s challenge will always be the same, so no matter when you play, round 4 will always be “Use the RK 7 Only.”
To be prepared, check out the list of all challenges on Death-Con Five:
- Share the Health – Kill enemies to regenerate depleting health
- Slippery – Players can only attack or use elixirs while sliding
- Flag Protocol – Players can only attack or use elixirs when standing next to a flagpole
- Busting With Excitement – Players can only use the RK 7 Garrison Pistol
- Tower Defense– Moving Causes Damage
- Power Trip – Activate the power before the end of this hellhound round
- Eat and Run – All enemies are sprinting
- Special Forces – Kill 10 enemies with a special weapon this round
- Brittle – Complete this round with a limited number of hits across all players
- You’ve Been Served – Defend the Server Room
- High Gas Prices – Standing in Nova 6 Crawler Gas Reduces Points
- Down the Rabbit Hole – Use 10 Unique Teleporters during this round
- Bear a Grudge – Hunt down and open the mystery box 6 times this round (Firesale Disabled)
- No Gen – No Health Regeneration
- Whole Hog – Defend the Porcine Research Lab
- Bursting with Fear – Players can only use the RK 7 Garrison Pistol
- Walled In – Make 5 Unique Wall Buys
- Shock and Awe – Get 55 trap kills and survive 5:55
- Teleporter Tango – Teleport before your timer runs out or you start taking damage
- Time to Panic – Defend the Panic Room during this Nova 6 Crawler Round
- Anywhere but WTF? – Players randomly teleport. Complete this round under the time limit
- Make it Rain – Take Damage while you have over 5000 Points
- CQZ – Zombies can only be damages in Close Quarters
- Double Trouble – Enemies do double damage
- Conference Call – Defend the conference room and hallways
- On the Clock – Complete the round before the timer expires
- Bursting Your Bubble – Players can only use the RK 7 Garrison Pistol
- Out of Order – Teleporters and elevators are disabled
- Nothing Special – Special Weapons are disabled
- Doom Lake – Defend Groom Lake
While Voyage of Despair and IX Gauntlets were available to all Black Ops 4 owners, Classified is only available to those who either have the Black Ops Pass purchased, or bought the recently available standalone Classified experience for $7.99.
The next Gauntlet has been mentioned in Treyarch’s roadmap and is called Hellcatraz which takes place on Blood of the Dead. Stay posted to @CharlieINTEL to find out when that goes live.
Portable Redeploy Balloon coming soon in Warzone Season 4
Warzone Season 4 will offer players another way to get around the map, with Portable Redeploy Balloons set to arrive later in the season.
Warzone players are set to receive another way to get around Caldera in Season 4, with Portable Redeploy Balloons scheduled to arrive later in the season.
Warzone’s Caldera has undergone a major facelift for Season 4, with plenty of map changes designed to make it easier and more enjoyable to play. Despite that, the island is still huge, and getting around without a vehicle can be a frustrating experience.
One of the ways that Raven attempted to combat this issue was by taking inspiration from another battle royale. Apex Legends fans instantly recognized Warzone’s Redeploy Balloons, which allowed players to zip up a rope and get launched into the air.
Since their introduction in Season 2, these balloons have been in specific places that players needed to head to. That’s set to change later in Warzone Season 4.
Portable Redeploy Balloons will give players the chance to fly into the air at any time, as long as they have one of these useful tools in their inventory. They can be placed anywhere on the island, and will immediately allow for some great rotational movement.
- Read More: Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass
They won’t hang around on the map forever though, as they will despawn after a certain amount of time, although the length of their existence hasn’t been confirmed just yet.
Players will also be able to destroy them, which could stop enemies from getting away, or stop opponents from following you.
Unfortunately, Portable Redeploy Balloons won’t be in Warzone with the Season 4 patch, with Raven confirming that they would arrive “later in season.”
It’s possible we may see this item in the mid-season update, but the developers didn’t give an exact release date, so as soon as we know we’ll be sure to update you.
Image Credits: Raven Software
Vanguard players are sick of “similar” weapons after Season 4 roadmap reveal
Vanguard players have called for more variety in the post-launch weapons after seeing the roadmap for Season 4.
Brand-new weapons have steadily been rolling out into CoD Vanguard with each new update. But after it was announced that Season 4 will add yet another SMG and LMG to the game, players are calling on the devs to mix it up a bit.
Vanguard Season 4 is set to drop on June 22, and it’s set to mark the return of classic Zombies map Shi no Numa, and the fan-favorite Gun Game mode. It’s also coming with two brand-new weapons on day one, with more to come later down the line.
New weapons are always welcome, but some Vanguard players are tired of the devs adding similar guns in each update and have demanded more variety in later seasons.
Following the announcement of the Season 4 roadmap, which features Marco 5 SMG and UGM-8 LMG on launch day, Reddit user Theworldrotates posted to criticize the new weapons.
“We do not need another SMG. Back to back, we’ve gotten similar function LMGs,” said the OP. “How about a new Shotgun or Assault Rifle?”
They accompanied the post with a screenshot of some of the other weapons that have come since Vanguard’s release. The H4 Blixen, Armaguerra 43, and Welgun have all been added post-launch, all of which are close-range SMGs that “look similar and act similarly.”
Other commentators pointed out a number of iconic WWII-era weapons that are still missing from Vanguard’s roster that would work well as Battle Pass unlocks.
“Wtf are these guns? I want the FG-42 and the Springfield. And I’m pretty sure Arthur is holding a Lee-Enfield on the box art, lol,” said one Redditor.
“How about Lewis gun, M1 carbine, FG-42, Grease Gun, Lee Enfield, m1903 Springfield, M1941 Johnson, MG-15, MP-28, or even a Winchester lever-action?” replied another.
A new Assault Rifle is coming later in Vanguard Season 4 in the form of the Vargo-S. However, it’s hard to argue that SMGs, in particular, have dominated the post-launch content.
With a few more seasons left before the release of Moder Warfare 2 later this year, fans will be hoping that the developers look elsewhere and add a wider variety of classic guns.
Image credits: Activision
PlayStation Plus games lineup: All PS Plus Extra & Premium titles
Sony have revealed the lineup of games that will be available with the new and improved version of PlayStation Plus.
The PlayStation Plus subscription service will undergo various changes, and here’s a list of PS Plus games you can expect to have access to following the overhaul.
Throughout the months of May and June, Sony will be rolling out a revamped version of PlayStation Plus. The core concept for the service will remain unchanged but Sony are introducing subscription tiers to PS Plus.
This means the massive catalog of games available to PS Plus subscribers will depend on which of the three options you select. We’ll go through the different tier options below, and detail all the PS Plus games that will be available at launch.
PlayStation Plus changes & tiers explained
PlayStation Plus has always offered an all-encompassing service to those who subscribe. That’s all going to change as players will soon have the chance to choose between three different tiers. Essentially, you’ll be able to choose the tier that best suits your needs.
PlayStation Plus Essential is the lowest tier on offer and it is the option that is comparable to the current service. If you’re happy with your current PS Plus subscription and are not interested in new features, Essential is the way to go.
If you’re looking for more content like a massive library of games, then you’ll want to look into the Extra and Premium tiers. Extra will grant you access to a catalog of PS4 and PS5 games, while Premium will also add PS3, PS2, PSP, and PlayStation libraries to the mix.
To find out which tier is right for you and how much each tier costs per month you can visit the PlayStation blog that details the changes coming to PS Plus in the summer of 2022.
All PS Plus games list: Premium & Extra catalog
While the focus is definitely on PlayStation games whose studios are affiliated with Sony like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Marvel’s Spider-Man, and Uncharted, you’ll also be pleasantly surprised to see third-party titles available via PS Plus.
Games like Mortal Kombat 11, NBA 2K22, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla are not out of reach for players who opt for PlayStation Plus’ Extra or Premium tiers. You’ll be able to access this incredible library of games seen below for a monthly fee.
PlayStation Plus Premium Games
- Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original Playstation
- I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
- Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
- Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP
Third Party Partners
- Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation
- Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation
- Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation
PlayStation Studios (remasters)
- Ape Escape 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud | Japan Studio, PS4
- Dark Cloud 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- FantaVision | SIE, PS4
- Hot Shots Tennis | Japan Studio, PS4
- Jak II | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak 3| Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak X: Combat Racing | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Rogue Galaxy | Japan Studio, PS4
- Siren | Japan Studio, PS4
- Wild Arms 3 | SIE, PS4
Third Party Partners (remasters)
- Baja: Edge of Control HD | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Bioshock Remastered | 2K Games, PS4
- Borderlands The Handsome Collection | 2K Games, PS4
- Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition | Gearbox Publishing, PS4
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | THQ Nordic, PS4
- Lego Harry Potter Collection | WB Games, PS4
PlayStation Plus Extra and PlayStation Plus Premium Games
While the Sony blog wasn’t clear on the fact, it seems that games with asterisks beside their names will only be available to PlayStation Premium members, which is the highest tier available. We’ll update this section with official confirmation once we know more about the situation.
- Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
- Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
- Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
- Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
- Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
- Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
- Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
- Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
- Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
- Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
- God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
- Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla Games, PS4
- Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
- Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
- LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
- LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
- Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
- MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
- Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
- Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
- Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
- Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
- Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
- The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
- The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
- The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
- Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
- WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4
- Ashen | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla*** | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
- Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
- Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
- Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
- Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
- Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
- Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
- Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
- Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
- Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
- Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4
- Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
- Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
- The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
- The Crew 2*** | Ubisoft, PS4
While these are the titles expected to be available when the new version of PlayStation Plus launches, don’t be surprised to see this extensive catalog updated with brand-new games as months go by.
Keep an eye out for the new iteration of PS Plus to launch on June 13 in NA, and June 23 in Europe.
For more gaming news, check out how Elden Ring dethroned Vanguard as the best-selling game of the last year.
Image Credits: Ubisoft / Sony / Insomniac Games / Rockstar Games / Santa Monica Studio / WB Games / Sucker Punch / Kojima Productions / Housemarque
Best Sniper Rifles in Warzone: Every Season 4 Sniper ranked
Almost every squad runs a sniper in Warzone, so we've ranked every Sniper Rifle from best to worst and counted...
FIFA 23 Serie A ratings: Every team’s best players predictions
The Serie A will bring some of the world's best players to FIFA 23, so we’ve predicted who will have...
Apex Legends 1.99 patch notes: Lifeline’s Clinic Easter Egg, bug fixes, more
Apex Legends has a brand-new 1.99 patch which brings bug fixes and new interactive Easter Egg for Lifeline's Clinic.